XY OU FEAR Mamoswine+X-Zard Hyper Offense(Peaked 1857)

Hello. AnybodyAgrees here with my second RMT. I'm looking for images of the pokes, so linking me to them would be appreciated.

This team takes some of the biggest threats to stall and shoves them together, with several supporters. The end result was a team that, while decent, lacks the ability to stay in high ladder for prolonged amounts of time. Almost all my time laddering is spent in the mid to high 1500s, although I reached the 1700s and peaked #82(1837) during the OLT. Despite the high peak, I'm still encouraging help on selecting better move choices and team members.

Let's move on to the teambuilding process.

This team started as an attempt to make an acceptable team for unreleased OU. I'd been long waiting to use Volcanion, and this was my chance to do so.

While Volcanion was a supporter, I needed a way to do large damage. For this reason, I chose Landorus-I for his speed tier and power.

I needed a strong physical attacker to complement Landorus, and Azumarill immediately came to mind. The banded set could lay waste to common walls, and can OHKO Ferrothorn and Chansey with Superpower, two big threats to my team.

My team didn't have any rock resists at the time, so I chose Latias for the defog support she provides while fitting well on an offensive team.

I also didn't have a hazard setter, so I chose a mon that I thought was very underrated at the time: Diancie. It also provided a hard counter to Talonflame, who could tear through my team if weakened.

I still needed a mega, so I chose Medicham. Its raw power tears apart stall, and its priority makes it not completely useless on offense either. At this point the team was nearly complete. There was just one little problem before playing on the ladder with it...

Volcanion is unreleased! To replace it, I chose a mon that has often been compared with it in discussions revolving around Volcanion: Heatran. It provided a way to stop Latias from cleaning through my team once Azu and Diancie were gone, and could lure in Landorus-T and burn him on the switch.

The team worked really well, but I lacked a win condition, and Azu's choice lock proved incredibly detrimental at times. To solve both of these problems, I replaced Azumarill with Kyurem-Black and replaced Medicham with DD Gyarados.

DD Gyarados sadly wasn't working well for me, so I replaced it with X-Zard, which has been working well for me.

I had massive problems with Tornadus-T, so I changed Heatran for Talonflame and Diancie for Mamoswine.

However, Latias lacked much synergy with the team at this point. I replaced her with Stallbreaker Mew to give stall another thing to worry about and improve synergy.

Now, the team:

GG Offense (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

This is your fairly standard all-purpose revenge killer. Jolly is to get the jump on Scarf Magnezone and other Talonflame, and I don't lose out on any crucial KOs by running it over Adamant. Tailwind is chosen over something like Roost or Me First because my team really appreciates the speed boost in a pinch, and it can enable something like Kyurem-B to outspeed a crucial threat.(Granted it's hard to set up, but it's better to have something that sees niche usage than something that doesn't see any usage)

GG Semi-Stall (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave

Landorus is the first member of this team that I knew would be on it for a while. In addition to wallbreaking, it hits a trolly base 101 speed tier. Often I'll get annoyed and curse at the screen because of Focus Miss, but it's necessary for OHKOing certain key mons. I am considering Knock Off over Psychic to have a way of permanently crippling Chansey, although Mew shuts her down anyway.

GG Bulky offense (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Power

This is one of the scariest things for Stall to face. With BoltBeam coverage off of 170/120 attacking stats, it's hard to avoid losing something to this monster. I opted for Earth Power over HP Fire because I already have 2 fires and Mew to shut down Ferrothorn, while Scizor is setup bait for Charizard. The EVs are to outspeed Jolly Excadrill outside of sand.

GG stall (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Mew is a great stallbreaker. Without him I need to rely on carefully predicting to wear down stall teams. It's an agonizing process that fails with the slightest misstep. The above speed is the amount that I recommend. I actually speed creep more than that on Mew, but I'm not revealing my speed creeps. Mew just dismantles stall and is a great bulky defogger versus offense. It also is a handy switch-in to Medicham and Keldeo. Without Mew, my team is in a very tough spot.

GG (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

I'm really torn on this guy. I have a feeling that I miss out on crucial KOs with a Jolly nature, but I can't outspeed Scarf Lando-T even at +1 with an Adamant nature. I've decided to run a Jolly nature for now because of how ridiculously common Scarf Lando-T is in the middle ladder, but will probably change it back to Adamant if I get to high ladder.

Mandatory glue (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Mamoswine is a great glue. It provides a way to stop a priority user should they get out of hand (Think Jolly SD Talonflame), and sets up rocks. It also has good matchups against other common rockers, and is a way to stop Thundurus-I and Mega Manectric in their tracks. Mamoswine is a pokemon that this team would really struggle without.​

Comments are welcome and encouraged.

Importable:

GG Offense (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

GG Semi-stall (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave

GG Bulky offense (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Power

GG stall (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

GG (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Mandatory glue (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Last edited:
Hello, I think I battled your team earlier today, and it came down to a pretty close game (my Heatran vs Yours and I came out on top hooray extra speed creeping).

I'd get rid of 4 EVs in HP on Landorus, Heatran, Latias, and Diancie to take less hazard damage.

On Kyurem, you already have two reliable Scizor answers in Heatran and Charizard-X, and a very reliable one for Ferrothorn in Heatran so I don't think HP Fire is absolutely necessary, though admittedly it OHKO's non-bulky scizors which is helpful. I would personally replace HP Fire with Earth Power so you can bypass Rotom-W's levitate and hurt it, though that is up to your judgement of which threat is more troublesome to the team.

Diancie is (at least I think) the weakest link on your team, since there are better options to fill its niche setting Stealth Rock/dealing with Talonflame. You could move Stealth Rock to Heatran and replace Diancie with Rotom-W, who is quite fast and has WoW, who covers more threats than Diancie did like Sand Rush Excadrill, Bulky Scizors, and M-Pinsir running Earthquake, while still beating Talonflames. It also gets very good synergy with the rest of the team.

(also a good place to find pokemon sprites is the XY sprite index found here)

Hope I helped and best of luck laddering.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I have considered replacing Diancie. I tried Endeavor Mamoswine for a while and it worked out. Kyurem-Black's HP Fire is not for Scizor, but for Ferrothorn who is otherwise a massive pain in the ass should it set up hazards. While putting Earth Power on Kyurem-Black is tempting to me, I would either replace Dragon Claw or simply leave it as is. My team already deals with Rotom-W well enough.

Actually, dealing with Talonflame, Explosion and setting rocks reminds me of one pokemon.
The problem is, it's Landorus-T.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
It's actually perfect for that job, and you can run Explosion, too. Except you would have to switch your Landorus to something else..
Something like.. Keldeo.
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
This will still break walls from special sides, and deal with Chansey.
248 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 8 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 274-325 (42.6 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
It breaks Chansey if rocks are up, but if not, you will get walled.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 8 HP / 248 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 208-247 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- 97.4% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 8 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (85.2 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Why don't you try using Landorus-T and Keldeo instead of Diancie and Landorus?

Okay, this team has gone through a massive overhaul and ended up currently at #82 on the OU ladder(1837).
Sadly I lack proof, but I have actually reached 1840 ELO, albeit at only rank #89 at the time.

The RMT has been updated to include the massive team overhaul.

So I kind of do not have the time to give this a full rate, I would try to do a second overhaul, but I do not have enough time for that, so...

I will give a quick rate.

For starters, I would replace Heatran with Azumarill. Ferrothorn does not trouble your team much, and Mega Scizor can be lured with KyuB / scared out with Zard X. Plus, Azumarill covers your team's glaring weakness to Greninja, as well as giving you a second check to Keldeo (a good team always has two).

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Landorus is fine, Sludge Wave is mostly for luring in Gyarados, which you are rather weak to.

HP Fire is a cool option on KyuB, but you need Outrage > Dragon Claw, otherwise you lose to Chansey. Getting locked in is definitely annoying, but just be smart when playing it, and you will be fine.

I would Latias to a bulkier spread of 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe, which allows you to handle Landorus and Zard-Y much easier.

... (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Dragon Dance + 3 Attacks is a mediocre set on Zard X, some slight bulk (88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe Adamant + Roost) helps a lot so you do not get worn down so quickly, especially so Rotom-W cannot 2HKO you with Hydro Pump (with some bulk, you can just PP stall it if they try to Hydro you to death). You lose to Heatran, but you can play around that.

The bane of you (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

I leave no comment on Diancie. I am assuming that you are using it because you like it, which is typical. I am just giving a quick rate lol.

Make these changes, and you should be good. This team is not complete, but it should suffice for now. Good luck with the team.[/HIDE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)