Gen 3 Feeling the Boston Spirit

This is my most competitive team thats really fun to play. Yeah i got all the standard sandstorm teams and all that, but this team is so much more fun to use, and if played right, is just as good as those teams.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers ** Beantown
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 68 HP / 192 Spd / 248 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute

This thing has the potential to sweep tons of teams, and works great with metagross. I dont just waste my kiss either, i save it for when i need it.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers ** Celtics
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 160 Atk / 156 Spd / 192 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rock Slide

hurts everything

Metagross @ Choice Band ** Patriots
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

you know the drill

Entei @ Leftovers ** Revolution
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 132 HP / 44 Def / 140 Spd / 136 SAtk / 56 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Toxic

101 subs, 270 spd, and a good move combination. This thing is suprised me at how useful it is. Often sub those extra turns verse pert cause they always read celebi, and entei's dont mind ice beams hitting them when they dont break the sub.

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Red Sox
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 136 Spd / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover

Sets stuff up for entei/mence/jynx/milo/itself. I use this extremely carefully and smart, dont want timid cause i like the +def nature so i can BP out of aeros/mences if i have like +2 or more and go to milo/mence/entei and win quick.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers ** Bruins
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 12 Spd / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

The only real defensive pokemon i have on the team. I'm considering making it a suicune instead, but im not really sure on that, marvel scale is nice, so is the extra satk. Yet so is pressure and the extra def w/o the scale.

This team is incredibly difficult to use, and a bunch of people have tried to use it and failed. I know it has weaks, but this team is supposed to beat them down before they ever get a chance to set up, while still maintaining decent type coverage defensively.

Yes i know the weaks, i'll even list em out for you so you wont bug me about it. (and so you can use it against me on NB =/)

1. Duggy - duggy eq is a problem, but at least it sets up cele/mence
2. Spikes - Getting around this requires some serious prediction, i BP with cele first turn alot to get entei in to force out skarm/forry.
3. ttar - ddtar especially gives me some problems, i generally switch milo into it first. Boah gets annoyed with cele's CMs, viltar wont actually beat milo, but can get it resting on bad turns.

yeah thats about it. Its kinda a fun team gone competitive.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd probably make Metagross a mixed or agility version. Mixed would take an amazing advantage (Psychic/HP Fire makes a nice combination with Meteor Mash handling Tyranitar) of the CM Pass, while Agiligross with Lum Berry could mess up a few status inflictions during a potential 2HKO for Metagross. I'd definitely use Starmie over Milotic for the shear Sweeping potential. It's always nice to have a Thunderbolt as well, so you don't have to take so much time in taking down bulky waters.

Other than that, Dugtrio can pick a few things off, and Aerodactyl is a big hassle, especially when Sandstorm and/or Spikes are in play. Not sure what you can do about that.

edit: also realized what the title was made in reference to.

I'd probably make Metagross a mixed or agility version. Mixed would take an amazing advantage (Psychic/HP Fire makes a nice combination with Meteor Mash handling Tyranitar) of the CM Pass, while Agiligross with Lum Berry could mess up a few status inflictions during a potential 2HKO for Metagross. I'd definitely use Starmie over Milotic for the shear Sweeping potential. It's always nice to have a Thunderbolt as well, so you don't have to take so much time in taking down bulky waters.

Other than that, Dugtrio can pick a few things off, and Aerodactyl is a big hassle, especially when Sandstorm and/or Spikes are in play. Not sure what you can do about that.

edit: also realized what the title was made in reference to.
might try meta as a mix version, but honestly i've never really liked mixgross that much, but its also my lax counter, so i need it to beat curselax, which non CB versions sometimes have trouble doing. Idk, ill play around with it.

The starmie from milo thing doesnt really work on this team. Milo is used as the defense thats really needed every once in awhile, and starmie cant defend at all like milotic.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't lead with Jynx. Revealing it straight away will make sure your opponent does his best to keep his Jynx counter(s) alive, if he's good enough to know how it can sweep so easily given the right cirucmstances.

i dont let skarm set up on celebi.

I BP first turn with celebi alot and go right to entei or mence if they go to skarm. I generally dont CM up until i feel like they're actually going to stay in. I've beaten many teams that use spikes, i just have to get to them quicker with all my offense.

I personally like starting with jynx. I dont always sleep right away even if i get the chance, cause simply i like to hold onto it because its often what lets jynx sweep later. If i do sleep something, very often they go right to their counter, and 90% of the time metagross counters that jynx counter. Then metagross is busted out early on to do some heavy choice banded damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)