Feint and Sluggish interactions with Protective/Evasive moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Only Council Members can vote and post here. Non-Council Members who do so will have their posts deleted, multiple offenders warned and subsequently banned.

This is actually 2 different issues to vote on in the same thread. Both are only for clarification, and do no impact each other, so I thought let's do it in one thread for sake of brevity.
Original Feint Description: The Pokémon surrounds itself with a faint aura and rushes at the opponent with great speed, generating an afterimage. This attack nullifies any Protect, Detect, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Crafty Shield, King's Shield or Spiky Shield active on the target.
Change to: Description: The Pokémon surrounds itself with a faint aura and rushes at the opponent with great speed, generating an afterimage. This attack nullifies any Protective move (eg. Protect, Detect, Spike Shield) as well as Quick Guard, Wide Guard, and Crafty Shield active on the target. (other exceptions to Protective moves that should be nullified by Feint should be updated as soon as possible)
Should Feint's Data Audit description be changed as proposed?
a) Yes, let's change it in the DAT.
b) No, let's discuss and reword it again.

Handbook sentence: It also cannot use any non-damaging move with an energy cost of 9 or more, as well as Protect, Detect, evasive Agility, evasive Teleport, Dodge, Bodyblock or Take Cover, regardless of the energy cost of those moves.
Change to: It also cannot use any non-damaging move with an energy cost of 9 or more, as well as Protective/Evasive moves, Dodge, Bodyblock or Take Cover, regardless of the energy cost of those moves.
Should the statement regarding Sluggish-ness in the Handbook thread be changed as proposed?
a) Yes, let's change it in the Handbook.
b) No, let's reword in another thread.

Tagging Exclaimer / Granny Pie / JJayyFeather / Un passant ordinaire to vote on my wording based off Toon's post.

b) No, let's discuss and reword it again.
After a realization of the missing moves in the DAT of Feint, namely Mat Block and Baneful Bunker, I still stand by saying "we should reword the new phrasing" so that we can explicitly include everything, like Mat Block and Baneful Bunker, while also making clear that moves can and probably will be added in the future, such as with the proposed parantheses.
a) Yes, let's change it in the Handbook.

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Simple majority on A) for Q2

a) Yes, let's change it in the DAT.
Simple majority on A) for Q1

I think we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)