Female Pokemon Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that Natalie is insanely beautiful. Well, that doesn't contribute much to the thread though. And all of those posters that just posted saying that they were girls should really had posted pics as proof...
God, you're sad. If you want wank fodder, fucking limewire it, jesus. What's so special about being a girl/woman on the internet? I don't demand pictures of everyone I speak to online that 'claims' to be a male.
[well just SD and DM but that's cos they cute :3]

i get the feeling i should post in this thread if only to let people know i still exist =p!

Anyway, yes i'm female, yes i play (well, played) pokemon competitively, and i'd like to think i was pretty decent at it as well! =)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, you didn't win that trophy for good looks!

Even though you could have. :doom:

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i get the feeling i should post in this thread if only to let people know i still exist =p!

Anyway, yes i'm female, yes i play (well, played) pokemon competitively, and i'd like to think i was pretty decent at it as well! =)
CS where the hell did you come from I haven't seen you post for ages :jump:

I always have wondered why girls don't tend to play games online or competitively as much as guys... this thread has given some interesting answers lol..

Anyways, I really think there should be more girls playing, it'd be more interesting. At least I don't automatically assume everyone on the internet is a guy.

Funny, because I'm a guy, yet online I've had far too many people think I was a girl...

Girls play video games less overall and many don't play competitively. In fact, many of the girls that frequent Smogon aren't really so much into the battling aspects, but more the trading, socializing, etc. parts. There isn't anything wrong with that, but it's true that about 90% of competitive Pokemon players are men, it's difficult to name many top female battlers.

I personally try to as competitive/productive as I can be and I've found that usually my gender rarely comes into play anymore, although I guess it would help that I'm bitchy (or assertive if you want to use a nicer word). You just have to stand up for yourself a little more as a female gamer.

lol, at least here its understandable due to my avatar (Though I do like Gardevoir). But in other places I don't think there's much of an excuse =/

And no, not a furry. Perhaps I should change that avatar... -_-

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
God, you're sad. If you want wank fodder, fucking limewire it, jesus. What's so special about being a girl/woman on the internet? I don't demand pictures of everyone I speak to online that 'claims' to be a male.
[well just SD and DM but that's cos they cute :3]
Sorry to upset you so, I did not mean for that post to incite you nor did I mean for it to be serious enough to actually get you to post pictures. Normally I just say "pics nao" when I have nothing else to contribute to a thread, and a thread about female pokemon players seemed to qualify for the slogon, however, on smogon where things are a tad more serious, I should have known better than to spam useless posts filled with useless messages. I do sincerely apologize and hope that this does not affect whatever future dealings we may have with each other.

~Scofield.

Well maybe girls (who even like pokemon) usually like them for the cute factor (Just think of Marriland or Serebii). There are more girls on those sites then here. Plus as stated video games is more of a guy thing dur.

Still, we must pay our respects to the female pokemon battlers. Just think what shoddy would be without Ganondorf and Fishy, a much better pla-

oops.

just for some insight, there should be a thread made for members to state their gender. hell, i used to think syberia was a girl. its too damn confusing. i am being serious though, there should be a thread were you can state your gender

Ahaha. I'm actually geared more towards the battling than the socializing on these forums, as one can tell by my post count. I'm just a lurker.

I know elsewhere, some girls get harassed endlessly for their pictures / personal info, etc. So sometimes, they just steer clear of actually revealing that they're females. Hell, some males actually get really insultive about that sometimes. Most times you refuse to give a pic, you're just passed off as either male or ugly. :\

I know elsewhere, some girls get harassed endlessly for their pictures / personal info, etc.
I'm actually surprised, I've never seen an a/s/l on smogon.

The point is, girls are generally different from guys. I'm not on a position to say how they are different, because I am a guy, but I can tell that girls see things differently than I do. Which is why girls generally don't do things like Smogon openly; it just happens that it appeals towards guys.

BTW my gf plays pokemon, but refuses to evolve her pokemon because they're "too cute." This annoys me.

just for some insight, there should be a thread made for members to state their gender. hell, i used to think syberia was a girl. its too damn confusing. i am being serious though, there should be a thread were you can state your gender
check out the photo album every once in a while....

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm actually surprised, I've never seen an a/s/l on smogon.
That's because you haven't been around long enough. Smogon has seen its fair share of women (Jenova, akuchi, natalie) and "women" (Celia, Zukin, Pokefan Marianne). We've dealt with the OMG INTERWEB GIRL nonsense for years, so to be quite honest, we're over it for the most part.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
That's because you haven't been around long enough. Smogon has seen its fair share of women (Jenova, akuchi, natalie) and "women" (Celia, Zukin, Pokefan Marianne). We've dealt with the OMG INTERWEB GIRL nonsense for years, so to be quite honest, we're over it for the most part.
Actually, I made one here, and it got locked...

Well Smogon is more competitive than other communities. Quite naturally, it attracts mostly competitive players.

Guys are inherently more competitive than females, that's generally the way it is. Take a co-ed game of Monopoly for instance, because we've all been there:

Girls see this game as an opportunity to mingle, socialize, and hang out. Of course you might get a competitive screamer once in a while, but they

As for guys, it's all business, they want to crush the other dude and win the game.

But as for being Pokemon fans in general and not just Smogon, I think it's about pretty equal. Girls do love pets =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)