Festival Plaza

Any of the above listed buildings?
I didn't think that was really possible. Sorry. I wanted to be garanted of what you're saying. On the entirely french Pokeweb, nobody talk of this possibility.

I want the first two if you think it's possible.

I didn't think that was really possible. Sorry. I wanted to be garanted of what you're saying. On the entirely french Pokeweb, nobody talk of this possibility.

I want the first two if you think it's possible.
How it works is, if I am your friend, and you page me in festival plaza, you can ask me if I know any good facilities.

Whatever I have placed in the first slot is what I will recommend to you. It will cost 1500 coins for a 5 star, or 3000 if you have one already.

So, all you have to do is be friends with me using friend code, and we go online together. You set my character to VIP and I switch around to whatever building you need.

Well, I checked for today. right now we have 649620 out of one million.

Counting last time check-ins, we might even jump to two thirds of the objetive.

At least I managed to contribute with 21 of these

Well, I checked for today. right now we have 649620 out of one million.

Counting last time check-ins, we might even jump to two thirds of the objetive.

At least I managed to contribute with 21 of these
I legit forgot like 4 days to scan more pokemon

i bet i'm not the only one~

I legit forgot like 4 days to scan more pokemon

i bet i'm not the only one~
People forgetting to play pokemon for an event sandwiched between Christmas and New Years? The devil you say

UNSURPRISINGLY WE FAILED AGAIN
welp, tune in next time for Mission 3: Only Like 20k People Actually do Global Missions

Also does anyone have a Purple 5 Stars?
I can offer a Battle Kitchen 5 Stars and .....uhmm Stomp-Stomp House 5 Stars (hey it looks awesome)

Last edited:
They should probably lower their standards a little bit, just to give us some hope. The more we fail, the fewer people will actually bother with them and we'll never be able to complete any.

So what is the fastest methodology for getting FC?

I've spent my first 1500 on a Fortune Teller 5-Star in the hopes that this would accelerate the process. I haven't gotten "pretty good luck" yet. I'm also building up my "wonder-trade bank" for PP-Ups and PP-Max at the lottery. (Just hit my 3rd box of wonder-trades. I try to only hand out 3+ Perfect IV pokemon). So I got plenty of wonder trades I still want to do... but since I want 2x Fortune Teller 5 and 2x Rare Kitchen 5, I need 7500 Festival Coins left.

I got ~800 FC after my Fortune Teller 5 purchase. So with 6700 FC left to go (AKA: 200ish 5-star runs of "Type Matchup Chart" or ~15 hours)... things look a little bit tedious with my current methodology.

I've spent my first 1500 on a Fortune Teller 5-Star in the hopes that this would accelerate the process. I haven't gotten "pretty good luck" yet. I'm also building up my "wonder-trade bank" for PP-Ups and PP-Max at the lottery. (Just hit my 3rd box of wonder-trades. I try to only hand out 3+ Perfect IV pokemon). So I got plenty of wonder trades I still want to do... but since I want 2x Fortune Teller 5 and 2x Rare Kitchen 5, I need 7500 Festival Coins left.

I got ~800 FC after my Fortune Teller 5 purchase. So with 6700 FC left to go (AKA: 200ish 5-star runs of "Type Matchup Chart" or ~15 hours)... things look a little bit tedious with my current methodology.
Sometimes, you can get a bonus for the entire festival plaza (but missions), combine it with a wonder trade boost and you can get up to 32 FC per trade, while not much faster than type matchup chart, it can be more worthwhile.

When actually doing challenges, wait until you get a good fortune, and focus on inverse type matchup games as they are worth more.

If you want a lot of FC, it probably helps to have as many Fortune Tellers as you can, I have 4 fortune tents (three are three star, one is five star) yet still often struggle with bad luck.

Sometimes, you can get a bonus for the entire festival plaza (but missions), combine it with a wonder trade boost and you can get up to 32 FC per trade, while not much faster than type matchup chart, it can be more worthwhile.
I got Fortune Teller 5, Fortune Teller 3, and Fortune Teller 1x3.

The best I've gotten from Wonder Trade is 8FC (2x everything and 2x Wonder Trade). I await the day for a good buff to Wonder-trade and/or missions... but it really hasn't happened yet.

I estimate 1-minute per wonder-trade and 3.5 minutes per mission. 36FC per inverse match-up (baseline). So if I get the 4x Everything and 4x Wonder Trade buff for 32FC per Wonder-Trade, I'm definitely going to wonder trade multiple boxes of my `mon.

I got Fortune Teller 5, Fortune Teller 3, and Fortune Teller 1x3.

The best I've gotten from Wonder Trade is 8FC (2x everything and 2x Wonder Trade). I await the day for a good buff to Wonder-trade and/or missions... but it really hasn't happened yet.

I estimate 1-minute per wonder-trade and 3.5 minutes per mission. 36FC per inverse match-up (baseline). So if I get the 4x Everything and 4x Wonder Trade buff for 32FC per Wonder-Trade, I'm definitely going to wonder trade multiple boxes of my `mon.
You have to get really lucky with it, the best I got was 16. If you get stuck, just try some missions (possibly join other peoples ones for more FC?)

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. I got a 5 stars treasure hunter from chriss. At lv 14. Without any SR.
I was getting the failure FC, leveled up, got garbage, talked with the guy from the last trade, leveled up again and this happens.

Alright, I need to give it a go at looking at the research about how the prices cycle in the lotteries.

Honestly the Plaza Questionnaire Loop Exploit has always been the highest paying for me (Saving in the plaza instead of the overworld keeps the questionnaires for the current hour or so. Also if you have no available connections you keep all your current guests, otherwise the game refreshes the guests - The former is more conducive to this exploit)

Try doing it during any Festival Plaza bonus, even the lowest gives you a 2x payout (And what seems like a small base bonus as well, since with no buff I can get 8 BP but get 30 for the same question during a 2x buff). That's way better than the measly .2 bonus you get from missions.

Some random tips:
  • I found that "Do you understand?" questions for guests are always 'High' if you're not currently connected to the internet. On a decent luck buff this is 30 FC a pop.
  • Keep a few high-ranking VIPs for the various "I want to meet!" questionnaires. The highest payoff of a "Please be my teacher!" response is up to 60 for guests and 90 for VIPs on Decent.
  • And since you're looping over you can try to figure out which are the best-paying answers.
  • This might be a little obvious, but remember to replace your 2-Star Treasure Hunt with whatever you get during a level up (Especially if you get a junk facility!). This way you only need to pay 100FC for a new Bottlecap once you buy a new 2-Star Treasure Hunt.
I just tested the exploit and it's still working.

Do the higher level fortune tellers actually have a better chance of producing higher fc boosts? or are they just for different phrases

The consensus was that they do have a higher chance of better buffs, but even with two 5* facilities my luck with them has been pretty pants.

Honestly the Plaza Questionnaire Loop Exploit has always been the highest paying for me (Saving in the plaza instead of the overworld keeps the questionnaires for the current hour or so. Also if you have no available connections you keep all your current guests, otherwise the game refreshes the guests - The former is more conducive to this exploit)
Its still luck based. I finally had a good setup the other day where I got ~150 per loop. But last night, the setup was pretty ass. Lots of plaza-people asking "Take me somewhere you think I'd find interesting", and I was unable to pick something out.

But yeah, I'm going to use the Loop Exploit from here on out. Its definitely a lot faster.

Its still luck based. I finally had a good setup the other day where I got ~150 per loop. But last night, the setup was pretty ass. Lots of plaza-people asking "Take me somewhere you think I'd find interesting", and I was unable to pick something out.

But yeah, I'm going to use the Loop Exploit from here on out. Its definitely a lot faster.
Oh yeah definitely still needs some luck, but at least if you're stuck with bad questionnaires you can at least get a new set the next hour or so (I'm not sure if you -have- to save in the overworld for this to make it refresh faster after answering a current set, but I just do it in case)

I've tried a bit the new minigames. the tauros one is fun and easy, but is too short for doing it online properly. Also despite getting a good puntuation with very little fails, only got 3 stars.

The machamp one is shit dont try it.

Next Global Mission involves trading Pokemon over the GTS. It will run from January 31st 0400 UTC to February 13th 2359 UTC. Target and rewards to be disclosed at a later date. (Source)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Next Global Mission involves trading Pokemon over the GTS. It will run from January 31st 0400 UTC to February 13th 2359 UTC. Target and rewards to be disclosed at a later date. (Source)
Once again, something that would have been easier done during the first few months of Sun & Moon's release where people were trading for version exclusives and trade evolutions. Hopefully Wonder Trade counts, make it at least interesting (Coiling session 2).

Once again, something that would have been easier done during the first few months of Sun & Moon's release where people were trading for version exclusives and trade evolutions. Hopefully Wonder Trade counts, make it at least interesting (Coiling session 2).
The target should hopefully be easier for us to reach. After all, GTS requires two sides to agree upon a trade. We might just have to flood it with Rattata asking for other Rattata for a while otherwise.

GTS will at least get play since you get bonuses in the festival plaza.

also, importantly, we know they already have data on GTS. It's tracked on their website! So SURELY the goal will be reasonable.

Just breed orangurus/passimians and ask for the other.
When I wanted to get one I was snipered like 10 times in a row lol

How it works is, if I am your friend, and you page me in festival plaza, you can ask me if I know any good facilities.

Whatever I have placed in the first slot is what I will recommend to you. It will cost 1500 coins for a 5 star, or 3000 if you have one already.

So, all you have to do is be friends with me using friend code, and we go online together. You set my character to VIP and I switch around to whatever building you need.
After some times to ask myself how to get ones, I received news on a french website about the houses et understand now completely how that works.

Despite of that, I can't get 5 stars houses, because I need some coins. I have just 200-400 coins for the moment, less that 500 coins.

Last edited:
GTS is easy. People already trade UBs and Tapus for themselves (probably trying to trade for better natures), and most trades can be fulfilled in like 30 seconds. It's just enough time to back out, get your FC gift, and go back in for the trade to complete. This has already been happening since the game came out, so it should only increase now that there's a mission for it.

There's the trick involving trading Magnemites for Magnemites in BW2 to help build up Join Avenue, maybe it could be as useful here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)