Festival Plaza

It's a good thing that there are still people constantly trading Tapus and Ultra Beasts for another of the same species in the GTS.

I myself got to the 5 trades required for the Rare Candies trying to get an Adamant or Jolly Buzzwole.

(I failed)
I was trying to get a good nature Nihilego by trading another Nihilego. But then I got the same Bashful German Nihilego twice.

I was trying to get a good nature Nihilego by trading another Nihilego. But then I got the same Bashful German Nihilego twice.
I wouldn't keep trading for a good nature, simply because the people who actually have good natures would most likely want to keep said Nihilego rather than trade them away for another one, and Nihilego does not have that many good natures (All I know is Timid works well). An exception could be Celesteela, considering it can work with a lot of natures.

I wouldn't keep trading for a good nature, simply because the people who actually have good natures would most likely want to keep said Nihilego rather than trade them away for another one, and Nihilego does not have that many good natures (All I know is Timid works well). An exception could be Celesteela, considering it can work with a lot of natures.
After a while I have that exact thought and just kept the one with not so bad nature (one that doesn't drop speed).

boy i hope they dont learn the wrong lesson from this and expect like... 20,000,000 BP or something

e: At least QR Teams will help.

I just hope the item prize for the 2nd target (assuming they continue with this format) is gonna be better than, say, a Friend Ball.

This next mission should be fun. Here's a tip to prepare for this: get your current streak to 49 (or 19 for the non-Super modes) and stop there until the mission begins. Upon mission start, defeat the Battle Tree boss for a quick contribution of 50 BP (or 20 BP for the non-Super modes) toward whatever goal we're going to meet!

Considering it involves the Battle Tree, a Gold Bottle Cap could be a nice reward.

(Though I could be biased by the fact I'm grinding legendaries in the Blissey Secret Bases, so that I can fix their bad IVs)

Eh... only on battle trees, though. Ugh....

Good news is apparently I can just scan a team's code, will have to see their manuals, thanks to the Battle Tree thread maintainers. I'll see them later.

if you're bad at the tree, specially if you don't have the supers yet, you can still do Battle royal, as you just need a team that can endure most hits and overkill a lot of stuff, even if it has several flaws, isntead of a team that must endure any matchup and manage to not lose.

The level up system for the Plaza very clearly was not intended for having thousands of points dumped on you. Because rather than doing the sane thing such as sending you straight to level x (letting you get all the rewards at the end and maybe presenting a list of facilities to y/n) or sending you up consecutive levels (you got a level! here's soph. Scene ends. You got a level!) it sends you up to the next level and then you have to get more coins to activate the next level. So if you have, say, 5000 coins due to a 4000 coin windfall you have to find literally anyone in the plaza or do a trade or do a mission or SOMETHING LITERALLY ANYTHING x amount of times.

As competently as these games generally are, pokemon really just trips over itself.

Details of the new Battle Tree global challenge:

First goal: 250,000 BP. If successful, 2,000 FC to each participant (4,000 if game is tied to PGL account). If unsuccessful, 200 FC to each participant (400 if game is tied to PGL account).
Second goal: 500,000 BP. If successful, 1 Heavy Ball to be distributed to all participants.
Additionally, everyone who contributes at least 3 BP gets 5 Rare Candy.

Last edited:
I know the Mission explicitly says Battle Tree, but I wonder if bp earned at Battle Royal count *goes check*

EDIT: Nope. Nor do bp gotten by Poke Bank, it's strictly Battle Tree

Last edited:

First goal: 250,000 BP. If successful, 2,000 FC to each participant (4,000 if game is tied to PGL account). If unsuccessful, 200 FC to each participant (400 if game is tied to PGL account).
Second goal: 500,000 BP. If successful, 1 Heavy Ball to be distributed to all participants.
Sweet, we're definitely beating that score imo. Just the people here on smogon from the Battle Tree discussion topic could probably rack up a hefty sum if they wanted to. I'm probably contributing with a few hundreds myself so yeah.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Great, Heavy Ball is next on the hostage list.

Though once again this seems like a possible one since, well, what else are you going to do post game? Maybe this would also be a good time to improve my party for the next Battle Competition, I want to try out some combinations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)