Fidgit Playtesting

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fidgit Playtesting (hi there)

Click the picture for more info on Fidgit.

PLAYTESTING INTRODUCTION

This thread marks the beginning of the fourth period of playtesting for the first six CAPs (Syclant, Revenankh, Pyroak, Fidgit, Stratagem, Arghonaut).

The Fidgit Playtesting ladder will replace the Pyroak Playtest ladder for the next 10 days, allowing us to test Fidgit in isolation against the Platinum OU environment. Ladder ratings will NOT be reset. Here are the current standings (from the very start of the Fidgit test):

Playtest Leaderboard
-------------------------------------------
1. FUZZNIP (1,649.37)
2. ELEVATOR MUSIC (1,645.17)
3. MOBIUS. (1,621.51)
4. HAX IS BAD (1,596.84)
5. BOBTHEBALL4 (1,548.41)
6. REYSCARFACE. (1,530.13)
7. DRAGONITES (1,526.60)
8. BEEJ (1,519.37)
9. DNITES (1,512.50)
10. CLOUDY DAY BLUES (1,512.43)
11. LADDAH (1,512.12)
12. REYSCARFACE (1,491.31)
13. K.I (1,485.54)
14. MINETFIBER (1,454.47)
15. TENNISACE (1,441.81)

Don't be intimidated by these numbers, though. If you know OU, and you are willing to experiment with Fidgit -- then you should do just fine.

This thread will serve as home base for sharing playtesting information about Fidgit. Post comments, advice, movesets, strategies, etc. If you post long battle logs and or teams, please enclose them in CODE tags as not to scroll the page. We encourage people to post their teams here, for those that don't want to make full RMTs. Just a couple of sentences per Pokemon will do fine, explaining what it does for the team and why you chose it. Nothing fancy is required.

At the end of the playtesting period (August 29th), the most proficient battlers on the Playtesting ladder will be awarded with Custom Titles to represent their achievements. Remember to stay active throughout the majority of the playtesting period, not just at the end. The method of selecting those who qualify for the CT has not been decided yet; however, EXP with the CAPs could be a major factor.

At the end of each CAP's playtesting period, a thread will be posted where an analysis will be drafted based off experiences with the CAP.

CAP9 will be started as soon as possible, please don't ask about it.

PLAYTESTING SCHEDULE

Syclant: Friday, June 26th - Sunday, July 5th
Ladder Change: Monday, July 6th
Revenankh: Tuesday, July 7th - Thursday, July 16th
Ladder Change: Friday, July 17th
Pyroak: Saturday, July 18th - Monday, July 27th
Ladder Change: Tuesday, July 28th

Fidgit: Wednesday, July 29th - Friday, August 7th <- You are here.
Ladder Change: Saturday, August 8th
Stratagem: Sunday, August 9th - Tuesday, August 18th
Ladder Change: Wednesday, August 19th
Arghonaut: Thursday, August 20th - Saturday, August 29th

The ladder is now open. Enjoy!

Stall-based teams will probably be common as far as I know. Fidgit is an incredible stall supporter since it can Encore boosting threats, easily remove entry hazards with Rapid Spin + Shadow Ball, and can set up entry hazards of its own quite easily.

Not only is Fidgit a great supporter for stall teams, but it's also a decent stall-breaker. It can Encore something that's using entry hazards or healing, can use Shadow Ball on the stall team's Rapid Spin blocker, it can absorb Toxic Spikes, and it's immune to every status affect (excluding Will-O-Wisp).

Fidgit doesn't really have such an outstanding offensive movepool, so I doubt it will be that great. The only useful offensive moves it has are Earth Power, Energy Ball, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, and Sludge Bomb. Not such great type coverage I would say, but I guess it has potential.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully people won't be using Fidgit leads, as those are complete shit! !_!

Fidgit takes advantage of its many immunes to status as well as numerous resistances to boot. Not only that, but as soon as it switches in correctly, many times will the opponent be forced to switch due to Encore or an attack. Notably, Fidgit loses to common leads such as Swampert and Azelf, who will be pretty common this time around.

As for predictions, I can't really deny that stall is going to be common. Fidgit is a great Rapid Spinner. Probably the best thing about it is that Rotom-a can barely touch it, with the exception of Rotom-w's Hydro Pump. Not only that, it is probably the best Toxic Spiker in OU at the moment.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't touch TSpikes with a 10 foot pole in this metagame, considering that the ever-common Fidgit is going to be most everywhere, and it probably won't get far.
Yeah, I played a few matches and there are too many Fidgit around to be using TS safely. However, it is still a great option for entry hazards.

Gyarados is ballin in this metagame. It makes a fabulous partner to Fidgit by drawing Electric and Rock moves to be Encored, and it can also switch in on an opposing Fidgit completely unthreatened, set up with Dragon Dance, and KO with Waterfall without worrying about Encore.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Gyarados is ballin in this metagame. It makes a fabulous partner to Fidgit by drawing Electric and Rock moves to be Encored, and it can also switch in on an opposing Fidgit completely unthreatened, set up with Dragon Dance, and KO with Waterfall without worrying about Encore.
I felt the need to post here at least once since I decided I'd become somewhat active on the playtest ladder for this particular test. I agree very much with what user Umbreon Dan is saying. Also, because Fidgit is such a great Pokemon to have on a team with Gyarados, stall is on a whole new level, I'm pretty surprised that stall teams aren't as common as I thought they'd be.

As a devoted stall player in the cap metagame, I'm using a stall team on the ladder and I've come to the conclusion that Fidgit can put a stop to stall just as easily as he can aid it. Because of that, I've begun using two ghost types to help me against Fidgit's Encore + Spinning strategy and it has certainly helped me keep my entry hazards on the field. But of course, replacing one of my members for Spiritomb opened up some other weakness' to common Pokemon which cannot remain, but Fidgit has difficulty spinning my entry hazards away which puts me at a pretty big advantage.

Also, I agree with other users that Toxic Spikes have been rendered pretty much completely useless in this metagame. Seeing as Fidgit is on every team, and the metagame is still full of steels and levitaters, I see very little reason to use toxic spikes on your team.

PS: fidgits a huge pain in the ass

something I found out yesterday is that some Fidgit are not using the old timid 252 HP / 252 Speed EV spread. some people are running 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe Bold, just enough to outrun Adamant Lucario and Modest Pory-z. however when you aren't using Encore or Earth Power I don't suppose the speed tie with other Fidgit is as important.

I've been thinking of trying to make Fidgit 1 point slower then the standard max/max Gyarados. The reason is because Fidgit is essentially Gyarados bait, as it can set up Dragon Dance first without worrying of Encore and then OHKO with Waterfall. But if you make Fidgit slower the Gyarados, the opponent will think that Fidgit is faster and just use Dragon Dance, only to be Encored and having to take another 25% Stealth Rock damage next time it switches in.

It may just work, but I haven't tested it yet. I'll post some observations later.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Hmm, I've noticed playtesting kind of dying out. More teams than not aren't using Fidgit. Luckily, I haven't seen anyone using Fidgit leads yet. Good, they're terrible.

so, i make a team to deal with fidget, play it, and then completely lose over and over again, because there isn't a single fidget....

i didn't see a single one when i played 2 days ago. does no one care about testing, or if fidgit less viable than it used to be...?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
so, i make a team to deal with fidget, play it, and then completely lose over and over again, because there isn't a single fidget....

i didn't see a single one when i played 2 days ago. does no one care about testing, or if fidgit less viable than it used to be...?
The ladder traffic is tremendously low. Mainly because we are always the same people on the ladder, which makes it kinda hard to ladder and test since you play the same person over and over. But yeah, this has been the less active playtest yet, which is pitiful because Fidgit is by far the most interesting and flexible CAP in my opinion.

Yeah I know I've kind of slowed down on laddering because of me facing the exact same people over and over again. It's getting really frustrating because I can't post any decent observations, I get the same results because of the same people going on the ladder.

As for Fidgit not even being used by teams half of the time on the ladder, you can't really say anything on how you deal with Fidgit.

Isn't there some way to force the person to use Fidgit on the ladder? As in, Fidgit is mandatory on any team if you are going to ladder with it. This will stop all of the teams from not having Fidgit.

No, we aren't just here to test Fidgit. We are testing the metagame, which means that one doesn't need to be using Fidgit to be a contribution to the playtest. (ie. I haven't used any of the CAPs on my playtest teams except Revenankh and Fidgit).

My problem is that nearly all of the opponents I find on the ladder are either people I know quite well already or people who haven't ot a clue what Fidgit is. I can't tell you how many times I've switched Fidgit into Electric or sleep moves, only to have my opponents go "wtf is that" and quit the battle.

Most of my playtesting teams don't actually include the playtested CaP...

To actually contribute to the topic, fast elemental pokemon like LO Starmie and LO Jolteon look to be really good on the ladder right now, beating the Fidgit + Gyarados combination and being general pains in the asses like they always are.

Encore is by far the most common move on Fidgit, but that was obvious since Encore is an amazing support move.

I've been utilizing a team based around Spikes(+SR) and pokemon that force the opponent to switch a lot and its been working very well (I'll post it tomrrow ^_^).

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
I must say that Spikes is pretty damn nice in the metagame. It works for both Stall and Offense on quite a few of my playtesting teams with success. The ladder is also quite dead for one of the most (IMO) successful CaPs we've had thus far so I invite everyone to try it out. It's also good to see that there aren't many (if any at all) Fidgit leads -- that thing was such the rage back in the day when people slapped 3 entry hazards + ep =/

The nice thing about Fidgit is that it can be modified from it's usual sets to fit the needs of teams everywhere, as Fidgit works in both Balance, Stall, and Offense. Fidgit is really a great way to score free turns off the opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)