Fidgit (QC: 0/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
( I accidentally his save instead of preview, forgive me)

Fidgit

Q/C: 0/2
GP: 0/1

Overview
########

+ Great utility movepool.
+ Good Speed and Defense stats (But not great).
+ Immunity to common Electric attacks.
+ Either has extended utility duration or immunity to Spore.
- Persistent only works on 5 moves.
- No Prankster.
- Poor offensive stats and movepool.
- Disappointing Special Defense.
- Susceptible to common offensive typings (Ground, Water, Ice. Psychic is less common).

Hazard Layer
########
name: Hazard Layer
move 1: Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
move 2: Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes / U-Turn
move 3: Whirlwind
move 4: Encore
ability: Vital Spirit
item: Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Jolly

Moves
========

- Spikes is the best hazard to lay, dealing reliable damage to non-airborn opponents.
- Toxic Spikes deals reliable damage, but is resisted by Steel types and is easily removed by Poison types.
- Most common threats in the CAP tier resist or are immune to Stealth Rock, the exceptions including Talonflame and Pinsir-M. The project seems to consistently try minimizing Stealth Rock damage except where it benefits the concept (Mollux, Aurumoth, Volkraken), so this will be a less reliable move.
- It is never a bad idea to carry U-Turn to deal some damage and run away. One hazard is usually all you have the time to set up anyways.
- Whirlwind helps Fidgit abuse his hazards by forcing a Pokemon in and dealing them damage. Can also be used to stop stat boosted sweepers (I.E. Cawmodore, Revenankh, Clefable).
- Encore forces the opponent to use an attack, either enabling the laying of more hazards or a safe switch in.

Set Details
========

- Focus Sash ensures that at least 1-2 (Speed dependent) hazards are set up, or guarantees a force switch with Whirlwind.
- Maximum speed gives Fidgit a higher speed than most opponents.
- Vital Spirit prevents Spore, while Persistent fails to affect Encore. The latter is still viable, but less useful than Vital Spirit.

Usage Tips
========

- Can be used as a suicide lead, so all opposing Pokemon take hazard damage until they are spun or defogged away.
- Can be switched in after Rapid Spinners or Defoggers have been eliminated.
- Can be switched in against stat boosted sweepers, forcing them out.
- Can be switched in to take nasty Electric attacks and retaliate with an Encore.
- In the event that Focus Sash has been triggered and Fidgit is still alive, it can be sacrificed to take damage that would otherwise harm a more useful switch it.

Team Options
========

- Fits onto any team that needs hazard support.
- Can potentially replace the need for Unaware/Haze if there is the threat of a stat boosted sweeper.
- Synchronizes with Water/Flying Pokemon as a viable switch in to eat Electric attacks.
- NO DEFOG. This will erase your hazards too.

Support
########
name: Support
move 1: Tailwind / Trick Room
move 2: U-Turn
move 3: Wish
move 4: Rapid Spin / Encore
ability: Persistent
item: Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly / Impish

Moves
========

- Tailwind speeds up all allies, and Fidgit can take advantage of it. Additionally, it is extended by Persistent.
- Trick Room helps Fidgit's slower allies rise up in the speed tier, but Fidgit cannot take advantage of it. It is also extended by Persistent.
- U-Turn can be used to deal some damage or take alternatively take some when the need to switch out arises. Deals some damage on targets weak to Bug, but nothing significant.
- Wish heals, something that all Pokemon appreciate, without the need for the physically squishy Chansey/Blissey.
- Rapid Spin removes hazards on Fidgit's side of the field. Fidgit does not have access to the superior Defog.
- Encore forces the opponent to use an attack, enabling a safe switch in against threatening opponents.

Set Details
========

- On Tailwind sets, Jolly ensures maximum speed, allowing Fidgit to easily outspeed the opposition.
- On Trick Room sets, Impish does not boost Fidgit's speed, but rather his defenses, allowing him to stay in the fight longer.
- Focus Sash ensures that Fidgit does at least something useful before being taken out.
- Persistent can affect both Trick Room and Tailwind, extending their duration by two turns.

Usage Tips
========

- This set is also a good lead, enabling fast access to Tailwind or Trick Room, and can scout with a speedy U-Turn.
- If someone is in dire need of healing, a Fidgit switch in followed by a wish is greatly beneficial.
- Rapid Spin can be used to deal with hazards that have been lain on your side of the battlefield.
- Just like the hazard layer set, this set is good for tanking Electric attacks or lethal switch in damage that would eliminate a more useful switch in.

Team Options
========

- For a Tailwind set, Pokemon who are on the slower end of the spectrum without being slow enough for Trick room to become viable make great team mates. (60 - 90 speed, including Revenankh, Mollux, Necturna)
- For a Trick Room set, Pokemon that are laughably slow make good allies as they take the upper hand over the tier's speed demons (< 60 speed, Quagsire, Ferrothorn, Azumarill)
- Wish goes good on any team that lacks Chansey / Blissey, Rapid Spin goes good on any team that lacks a spinner. Fidgit can take both roles.
- U-Turn makes anything that can resist one of Fidgit's weaknesses a good team mate (Mollux for Water and Ice, Malaconda for Psychic and Ground)
- Synchronizes with Water/Flying Pokemon as a viable switch in to eat Electric attacks.

Other Options
########

With a broad movepool, Fidget has many other options:
- Gravity helps with Landorus sweeps, and is prolongued by Persistent.
- Safeguard and Heal Block are less useful, but are the other two moves affected by Persistent.
- Fidgit has access to Light Screen and Reflect, but are currently unaffected by Persistent.
- Taunt shuts out other supports / tanks. Torment stops offensive sweepers, especially those who are choice locked.
- Toxic Spikes is typically better than Toxic, but the latter is still viable.
- Earth Power / Sludge Bomb help fend off those pesky Taunters with a STAB attack.

Checks & Counters
########
**Magic Bounce** These moves render Fidgit's hazard set useless, as well as some of his other options for moves. However, it does not affect his Support set.

**Taunt** Especially from Prankster users such as the infamous Tomohawk. These are arguably worse for Fidgit, as they shut down both of his sets, and force him to withdraw.

**Spinners / Defoggers** These shut down his hazard set by removing his hazards.

**Colossoil** Fills the roles of most of the above, and serves as Fidgit's worst nightmare. Rebound sends hazards back Fidgit's way, Rapid Spin undoes his progress, and STAB Earthquake does him away in 1-2 turns. It doesn't help that he is one of the most common Pokemon in the metagame.

**Skill Link Cloyster** Icicle Spear can hit multiple times, bypassing Focus Sash. While other Skill Link users are also threats, their STABS are no where near as menacing as Cloyster's.

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The most notable thing I see at a first glance is how both of the sets listed here are absolutely massive taunt bait. While going offensive or anything is definitely not recommended, I think it would be a good idea to at least slash either Earth Power of Sludge Bomb somewhere on the sets, especially the Hazard Layer. In fact, I might say slash them with any of the second, third or fourth slots, as any of them could probably be dropped without losing too much.

At the same time, I might suggest slashing all the hazards together, as, while Spikes may be more useful for some teams, other Hazards might be better for others. A set like this is what I am thinking:

Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes / Earth Power
Whirlwind / Encore / Earth Power
Whirlwind / Encore / Earth Power

Now, obviously that has a ridiculous amount of slashes (not even accounting for the possibility of throwing Sludge Bomb in there), and it could probably be reworked to make it look nicer, but I think the general idea with a set like this is to easily set hazards and provide some back up utility once that is done. The exact specifics are much better left open to allow for customization to fit it onto specific teams.

Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes

Perhaps adding those two moves to Other Options should replace the need for slashes? I also made the fix you suggested to the hazards.

Colossoil deserves a special mention in Checks and Counters. Not only does it have Rebound, but it has a strong SE Earthquake and Rapid Spin, which are both detrimental to Fidgit. It can also gain further momentum if it predicts a Fidgit switch by using U-turn.

For the support set (and, truth be told, for most ALL Fidgit sets) I'd highly recommend slashing Encore in there. The reason? Fidgit, in nearly all of its iterations, is perhaps the biggest Cawmodore-bait on the planet. Caw can come in on most hazards without a care in the world, and while things like Gravity and Trick Room, when used in conjunction with a properly supported team, can give it some trouble, most Fidgit sets literally can't touch Cawmodore. Encore and Whirlwind are its only real options, and of the two Encore has always struck me as the more useful, forcing Caw to lose chunks of its health and turning it into ideal set up bait - either for hazards or for your own sweeper. Considering giving Caw a turn to set up, depending on your team, is tantamount to suicide, I'd say it should get a mention.

Animus Majulous I am aware of that, and have moved it from Other Options to my Hazard set. It was already in the Support set, though.

heartofgold I love to abuse Encore with my Hazard set, it is one of my favourite ways to annoy my opponent. However, you are right that it deserves mention in the Support set too. I have slashed Rapid Spin with it, as it is the most expendable of all the moves in that set (Lots of Pokemon learn Spin, not many learn Wish)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I love to abuse Encore with my Hazard set, it is one of my favourite ways to annoy my opponent. However, you are right that it deserves mention in the Support set too. I have slashed Rapid Spin with it, as it is the most expendable of all the moves in that set (Lots of Pokemon learn Spin, not many learn Wish)
To be honest, I think Encore could be used with either Wish or Rapid Spin. The number of viable rapid spinners isn't all that high, really, and is much closer to the same number of viable Wish mons than what you seem to view it as. A lot of the "good" rapid spinners have a lot of other viable options and may struggle to fit it on their set, such as Excadrill, Collosoil, and Tomohawk. I have tried both options, and I actually like leaving Wish off more times than not. Wish seems to eat up a very valuable turn, as normally Fidgit will want to sent up a tailwind or trick room right away, and then do a u-turn to the proper teammate (fast turn with tailwind keeps your sash intact, and slow turn with trickroom makes your incoming mon come in with no damage taken). Encore really is exceptionally useful in situations where you don't think it's worth it to set up right away, and can give you a free turn while the opponent switches out to either set up or switch yourself... Overall, encore helps with setting up your psuedo-terrain, and I think that's something very important on the support set. As a result, I think it might be better to have Tailwind/Trick Room, U-turn, Encore, and then Wish/Rapid Spin.

Of course, the above is just for a minor quirk. Overall, I think your sets are very much on the right track, and I think your definitely picked the best two sets, as they help turn Fidgit into something usable.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I feel like on the lead fidgit set, Taunt should be slashed with Encore as it allows you to prevent the opponent from setting up their hazards and generally shuts down bulky set up mons whilst allowing you to continually set up more hazards as well as providing an answer for defogging so you can keep this hazards up

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
For the most part I think that this is looking pretty good. However, as Animus mentioned, we need to know that Fuzzie is still active before we start giving out QCs. Would be a shame to QC this and never have a full text/paragraph version written out.

Fuzzie, if you're still active and wishing to help with this still, please reply ASAP.

Hello. Sorry for my inactivity, I have been preoccupied with other things and this slipped my mind entirely until my recent acquisition of Omega Ruby. I cannot promise I will be as active as I once was, but I will at least make an attempt.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
If you slash taunt in the move 4 slot for both sets then I think I'll QC. Also, I think black sludge could probably be slashed on both sets since Fidgit isn't particularly frail (though Focus Sash is still very useful of course).

EDIT: I also agree with spark that HP investment is good.

Last edited:
Any reason for the 252 Def instead of 252 HP? HP investment gives Fidgit better overall bulk considering its already high defense stats and relatively lower HP (it also allows for larger Wishes).

For the hazard layer set, U-turn should absolutely get the first slash somewhere (probably the third slot) as it's incredibly important to preserve your team's momentum and pivot out on hazard removers (namely Colossoil). Without it, Fidgit becomes dead weight vs Colossoil (which is bad since it's on 40% of teams). Whirlwind definitely has its perks vs opposing setup sweepers, but Fidgit already has a slot that can handle them (Encore). Also agreeing w/ Taunt being slashed; its Speed lets it shut down a lot of opposing hazard setters (besides tomo).
so I propose...
move 1: Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
move 2: Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
move 3: U-Turn / Whirlwind
move 4: Encore / Taunt

Also, give a few examples of setup sweepers / other Pokemon it pairs well with; the hazard setter's Team Options looks a bit vague right now. Off the top of my head, Mega Altaria works pretty well since Fidgit is Colossoil bait and Mega Altaria gets a free DD vs Colo. Cawmodore also works well; it really appreciates hazard support from Fidgit. In fact, with SR+1 layer of Spikes, it puts heavy pressure on even the bulkiest of Cyclohm.

+6 252 Atk Cawmodore Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 165-195 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Cawmodore Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 182-214 (43.4 - 51%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

And that's all I got for now... nice work on this

EDIT: Oh yeah, definitely add Black Sludge, slashed first. Fidgit is by no means frail, and very much benefits from passive recovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)