Sports FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
So my heart is broken, I am proud how far Morocco has come. I really can't believe they couldn't score because ever since the 2nd half they were attacking the whole time. Congrats to France they played fantastic defense and any loose balls they were able to cover. Best African team to ever come together (2022 Morocco).

Excited for the finals.

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Since the World Cup is soon coming to a close and I'll probably just be posting closing thoughts in regards to this thread after the World Cup Finals.

This has been a fantastic World Cup thus far. A lot of memorable games, some sad losses but a lot of memories. I wish we could see a Ronaldo vs Messi finals but the best teams have to fight to get to the finals, if you're not good enough you're not good enough.

I think memorable World Cups for both Japan and Morocco, I feel like Portugal, Spain, and Germany had probably the biggest let downs.

Predictions -

France vs Argentina (I need Messi to cement his career as the greatest football player to walk this planet, and winning this will do that. I still am not too trustworthy of Argentina's defense but I think they can hold their own. This France squad has a lot of holes, I do think their defense is quite solid and Mbappe and Giroud are problems in the front but their Midfield aside from Tchouaméni don't have a lot of pace or synergy when it comes to passing and long balls.)

Morocco vs Croatia (I think Morocco are the better team, I won't break it down but I don't think this will be a high scoring game, stylistically I think they are a hard matchup vs Croatia.)

Just gonna leave this here:

Last edited:

awyp

RMT Leader
Just a warning to everyone watching the game tomorrow, it'll be at 10:00 AM (-5 GMT) (Which is super early for us Americans). I literally missed the first 30 minutes of todays game assuming they were following the time schedule of the Semis which would've been 4 hours after the time I said.

I'm excited! and I hope regardless of what team wins it's a World Cup final to remember.

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
Argentina has looked better and better pretty much every game. i predict them to win. can't quite say the same for france.
I can agree with this. Morocco showed that France is flawed heading into the final, and Argentina with its strong attack should be able to exploit those holes. Also the mystery virus will seriously affect France (Giroud is doubtful)

Prediction: Argentina to win 3-1

EDIT: I blame Drake if we lose

Last edited:

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
bravo les bleus for the reaching the final! Unfortunate for Morocco though, the early goal did a lot for them. Grizemann played well, and the substitutes were able to score a second goal (according to French newspapers, the goal scored by Kolo Muani was the first to be scored by a player that substituted a player, since 2016, which tells something).

Now looking forward to the final, I will obviously rooting France to win. Though, I'll say that I'm aware of how absolutely insane it is that this team reach two WC finals back-to-back. Madness would be to win the whole thing a second time!
Prediction (for what it is worth :mehowth: ): 2-2 in regular time, then 3-2 for France in extra-time. I'm confident/hoping that we will see goals.

Just gonna leave this here:
Yeah, absolutely epic that it is a remake of this 2018 game. I will never forget that goal from Pavard and the madness that followed!

E: btw, and for what it is worth, if France win tonight, Benzema will be considered as a World Cup winner. He's on the list.

Last edited:

The one and only buck

Banned deucer.
Normally I would support France. I’ve been rooting for them since the start of round 16 since most of its players come from my country CAMEROON, eg Mbappe. But Messi has been showing mad skill and a lot of determination in his previous matches. I think he (and Argentina) deserves this W more than anyone else, especially since it will be his last World Cup. I think this man:
F1F66596-2082-47C4-91B1-3477949A62ED.jpeg

Will make history tonight !

awyp

RMT Leader
This is a crazy game, and now we have another 30 mins. I don’t agree with any of the substitutions from both sides, because if this does go penalty shootout you don’t have Greizmann and Giroud, and in Argentina Di Maria was man of the match so I don’t agree with the subs.

awyp

RMT Leader
This is a crazy game, and now we have another 30 mins. I don’t agree with any of the substitutions from both sides, because if this does go penalty shootout you don’t have Greizmann and Giroud, and in Argentina Di Maria was man of the match so I don’t agree with the subs.
and I was right again…I said I didn’t like the subs for France if it went to penalty shootout. GG fellas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)