Sports FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Predictions for the Quarter Finals-

Argentina vs Netherlands - I put money on the Netherlands to win the entire World Cup (Yeah I'm insane), I don't know if I believe it. Odds were like +1500 so I'm like bet. Onto the actual matchup I'm torn with this because I want to see Argentina vs Portugal in the Finals. I do think Netherlands and Van Gaal have tactically a fantastic defense as well as the rest of the team being pretty good in terms of scoring goals. I do believe Argentina has the best offensive front in the whole competition so for me I don't think it's Best Defense vs Best Offense (I think Portugal might have the best defense in the whole competition), but Netherlands are probably 2nd best defense in the whole competition. I don't think Messi will score this game so it will have to be the other guys. Probably the closest game this Quarter Finals, I think because of the shock of competition from Poland to the Netherlands, the Dutch might have a chance because I can put my life it's not ending 0-0. Argentina has a trash defensive line. I'm leaning with the Dutch.

Brazil vs Croatia - Brazil are huge favorites and I don't think Croatia's offense is that great like it was in 2018, Modric is older yet I still think their best player. It's good betting odds if you want to take the risk it's like +600/700 for Croatia to win Brazil. I think I'm going with the favorites of the competition and I think they'll be too much to handle for Croatia (Easy win)

France vs England - This I'm torn about because this will be France's toughest competition by far, I think France's team is weaker than it was in 2018 and Benzema is injured. England have been playing fantastic aside from the USA game, which as soon as they put Henderson on the team they started playing world class vs the USA. I think if they keep Henderson in the starting lineup the Englishmen have a good chance of winning the game. I think it will be close but I'm rocking with France because they have been my favorite to win the competition but I do think Benzema's injury will be problematic especially like a game like this. THEY WILL NOT LET MBAPPE SCORE.

Morocco vs Portugal - Portugal have been on a tear and I think Ronaldo coming off the bench will probably be the lineup from here on out because they just move so much better offensively with Ramos (I really think the kid is super talented, was not a fluke). Ronaldo off the bench is fine because he's still a threat especially late game with a Penalty shootout in mind. I don't think Spain were clinical throughout the whole competition, I do think they got slightly unlucky the whole game but it wasn't like Belgium vs Croatia where Lukaku kept missing fantastic opportunities it was a different 0-0 game where it could've gone either way. I think this game will be extremely close, and I think Morocco will somehow come up with a win because I think their speed will cause a lot of problems to their backline (Referring to just Pepe). I still feel like Hakimi has a goal in him. I wouldn't be shocked if Portugal win though

Last edited:
Argentina vs Netherlands - Netherlands is an extremely opportunistic team, having scored a lot of goals with very little shots on target while Argentina are the opposite and have been wasting a lot of chances. I think the game will end in a tie and extra time or penaltis will decide, and I believe the Argentina squad has more quality to push them through, but it's extremely close.

Croatia vs Brazil - If jinxing is real then curse me but I think Croatia is really gonna need some magical powers to win this match. Everyone knows how good Brazil is by now, and I'm not sure what a tired Croatian team can hope to do against them.

France vs England - World Cup is truly a magical time. France lost three fantastic players to injury: Kante, Pogba and Benzema, and without them, the team... improved greatly. The team is flowing incredibly well and Mbappe is shining like it's 2018 again. Meanwhile Southgate stopped being Southgate and is actually promoting offensive football. France's defense have been kind of vulnerable, especially on Koundé's side as Dembelé and Griezman do absolutely nothing defensively. France is really bad when they don't have the ball, you rarely see them pressing well and they pretty much just hope to do something with Mbappe on the counter later on. Meanwhile for England, Maguire is having a good tournament, but he is quite slow and France's offensive power have been disgusting, get the ball to Mbappe and he can certainly the game if he gets to 1v1 Kyle Walker. I think the gonna depend on Mbappe doing his thing on the chances he will get, he can win the game for France for sure, but if he doesnt, I think England will win. Potential for a game with a lot of goals.

Morocco vs Portugal - Amazing tournament from Morocco, it's always happy to see upsets, but this is probably as far as they will go. Not to discredit them, but their win was more due to Spain's incompetence to create chances to score than anything else. All Morocco had to do was a classic bus park. However, scoring against bus parks have absolutely not been a problem for Portugal, who had already looked amazing offensively and was even better with Ramos. Morocco is going to have to pull new tricks from their sleeve if they want to win this match, I dont think the bus parking is going to work here.

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Brooo???

I won't talk about it bc I don't want to jinx it (yeah i fear that) but I don't agree at all
Okay yes I sound harsh, I'll take that back. I think of the 8 remaining teams aside MAYBE Croatia, they have have probably the least impressive defensive line.

Huh, I missed the World Cup thread here. Oh well.

Ash IN.gif

Brazil might not be the obvious juggernaut it was before 2010, but I like their odds this time even though Tite can be infuriating sometimes.

Argentina better do their part and move on to the semis. It's personal. Same with France to the Finals. Germany escaped us once again by drowning in pools.

Street Profits we want the smoke.gif

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
its Croatia - reigning world runner-up, ofc
Brazil took the lead but they could not preserve the score and lost to Croatia in the penalty shootout
Livakovic GOAT GOAT GOAT :swole:
I wonder if the man of the match is Luka Modric or Livakovic

You are five minutes away from a world cup semi-final and you're leading 1-0, what do you do?
answer A: You keep the ball for yourself and are pragmatic
answer B: You attack like you were led 0-2 and open yourself to counterattacks you defend in inferiority like 10 year olds.

Brazil:
Capture d’écran (24760).png

awyp

RMT Leader
You are five minutes away from a world cup semi-final and you're leading 1-0, what do you do?
answer A: You keep the ball for yourself and are pragmatic
answer B: You attack like you were led 0-2 and open yourself to counterattacks you defend in inferiority like 10 year olds.

Brazil:View attachment 472700
I feel for Brazil but that goal by Croatia was lucky because it came of the defender but also why was there no one back for a cutback pass like the defense was all over the place. Very unfortunate

I feel for Brazil but that goal by Croatia was lucky because it came of the defender but also why was there no one back for a cutback pass like the defense was all over the place. Very unfortunate
I can't call it a lucky goal because in cases like these, the shot is not supposed to happen.

The defense was putrid. Always a step behind the entire game. They also got dominated in the midfield. The offense was toothless and predictable.

It's good Tite is gone. They gotta blow the team up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)