Sports FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Closing thoughts: Fantastic game, greatest World Cup ever in my opinion, France brought it all to the table but all and all Argentina deserved it this year. Messi played out of his mind and is considered the in my opinion without a doubt the greatest Footballer to walk this planet. He surpassed Pele, Maradona, and Ronaldo. France's squad is young and I'm sure they'll have an opportunity in the next couple of World Cups to grab another one.

Thank you for everyone for making this thread an enjoyable one to read and interact with. It was a pleasure reading all the memes, analyses, and long posts.

TO THE GREATEST WORLD CUP FINAL EVER!

Last edited:

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Well, congratulations to Argentina - the strongest team in the World Cup 2022 in general and Messi in particular - THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
Messi's journey at this World Cup ended with many emotions. He ended his career at the national team level with the World Cup at the age of 35. Argentina fully deserved this World Cup. Just like Spain's journey at the 2010 World Cup. ( Lost in the opening match lol)
This is the best dream World Cup final I have ever seen, the ultimate football everyone is looking forward to in this final. I doubt it was the best World Cup final.
And we can't forget to say something about France either - they deserve to be runner-up and they will do even better at the World Cup four years from now. Although they were constantly leading, they still fought hard to find an equalizer. This loss doesn't matter because they already won the last World Cup and reached the final this year. Kylian Mbappe is also a real alien Ninja turtle jk jk ( He scored 4 goals this match) but Messi is the chosen guy this year GOAT GOAT GOAT
Shoutouts AndViet for creating this FIFA World Cup thread and everyone who participated and discussed the matches at the World Cup. Over the past 1 month ( from November 20th to December , those matches have brought uplifting emotions but also moments of regret for losing, but all of that has made the World Cup memorable for me - associated with Smogon.
i wont tell you guys that Saudi Arabia is the only team that beat Argentina - the champion of this World Cup
I dont know whether the following generations will see Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo, ... as aliens when watching the matches of these legends or not.

Last edited:
An appreciation post for Randal Kolo Muani who I've watched grow as a player over the last few years and comes into this game to be arguably the best French player on the pitch and was an absolutely staggering save from Martinez away from giving France its third World Cup. He also scored his penalty, you were great Randal!

EN ARGENTINA NACÍ
TIERRA DE DIEGO Y LIONEL
DE LOS PIBES DE MALVINAS QUE JAMÁS OLVIDARÉ
NO TE LO PUEDO EXPLICAR
POR QUE NO VAS A ENTENDER
LAS FINALES QUE PERDIMOS
CUANTOS AÑOS LA LLORÉ
PERO ESO SE TERMINÓ
POR QUE EN EL MARACANÁ
LA FINAL CON LOS BRAZUCAS LA VOLVIÓ A GANAR PAPA
MUCHAAAAACHOS AHORA NOS VOLVIMOS A ILUSIONAR
QUIERO GANAR LA TERCERA
QUIERO SER CAMPEÓN MUNDIAL
Y AL DIEGO
EN EL CIELO LO PODEMOS VER
CON DON DIEGO Y CON LA TOOTA
ALENTADOLO A LIONEL

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anw, congratulations Argentina!
I don’t agree with any of the substitutions from both sides, because if this does go penalty shootout you don’t have Greizmann and Giroud, and in Argentina Di Maria was man of the match so I don’t agree with the subs.
To be fair, Greizmann and Giroud were playing worse than the subsitutes Camavinga and Kolo Muani since Greizmann was losing it and so with Giroud; the change was really what helped France scores two goals after the half-time. So, even if you factor the penalty shootout, sub them is way better because, let's be honest, losing at penalty shootout is better than losing 2-0. In general, that's what I feel. Thanks Mbappé for keeping the dream alive and make it a great game.

I'm however not explaining Di Maria sub but I won't complain because 1. it helped France 2. in the end, Argentina won anyway.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Anw, congratulations Argentina!

To be fair, Greizmann and Giroud were playing worse than the subsitutes Camavinga and Kolo Muani since Greizmann was losing it and so with Giroud; the change was really what helped France scores two goals after the half-time. So, even if you factor the penalty shootout, sub them is way better because, let's be honest, losing at penalty shootout is better than losing 2-0. In general, that's what I feel. Thanks Mbappé for keeping the dream alive and make it a great game.

I'm however not explaining Di Maria sub but I won't complain because 1. it helped France 2. in the end, Argentina won anyway.
To be honest I agree with you, but I think Dechamps should've at least kept Giroud at least a little bit more, maybe eventually subbed out idk if Giroud could play 120 minutes. Giroud is such a threat on crosses and set pieces. Giroud was literally taken out in the 40th minute (A bit too soon for the 3rd leading scorer this WC).

Grillo

⭐⭐⭐
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I can't describe how happy I am. After the 2014 final I thought i was never going to see a WC final with Argentina and now we are champions of the world.

About the game: Told y'all Argentina wasn't playing at their full potential... the team in the first half was legendary, totally demolished France. One of the best moments of Argentina in WC history. Di María was RIDICULOUS, Dembelé and Koundé were humiliated. Idk what to say, every arg player was perfect for 75 minutes, De Paul, Mac Allister, Messi, Enzo, Julian. The defensive line was great too, Otamendi had an incredible WC, really happy for him.
Then Mbappé appeared, he is the perfect villain, almost changed the course of the history with his hat trick, 8 goals in a fucking WC. Hope he and his France don't dominate international football in the coming years but it seems hard tbh..
One of the greatest finals of all times, but Argentina deserved this for all the moments we went trough in this tournament, no team fighted more than Argentina, the team showed a strong mentality and an epic will to win.

BTW ARGENTINA WON THE WORLD IN THIS EXACT MOMENT. GREATEST SAVE I'VE EVER SEEN.

thx for all the people in the thread for making it fun :blobthumbsup:

Enzonana. Grillo ziloXX ElectricityCat Raichy Ravenna IloveScaldBurns haxlolo Brazilian army
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
boa noite amigos :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)