Let's Play! Fighting Chance: An Origin Platinum Dicelocke

Fighting Chance is finally back after a long-ish break! Kickin' Galactic butts and catchin' Pogeymans!

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to the party here but I just discovered your channel through this thread maybe two weeks ago and have since binge watched this series so far as well as the entire voltwhite2 orderlocke.

Keep doing what you're doing! I'm a huge fan...even if I occasionally find myself shouting at the screen in frustration

LOLOL I DO NOT BLAME YOU, I often want to shout at my past self while editing my videos. I think it's a combination of the Let's Players' Curse (where you play worse while commentating than you would if you were just playing silently by yourself) and me just generally being a bit of a derp sometimes. xD Either way, thanks for the kind words of support and hope you enjoy the new instalment!

Today we attempt to move on from the tragedy of last episode with a (half) shiny new evolution, a new costume addition, and some new catch attempts. Also: kitties.

Last edited:

Still on a slow schedule, but striving to make progress all the same! Today we try to catch a new Pokemon, dodge a bunch of trainers, pore over TM moves, and rage some more over Platinum's shallow colour palette.

Last edited:

Today you get a longer episode to make up for a month of waiting, and boy what an episode it is! Catching in the Great Marsh, battling with Rival West, challenging gym trainer battles, the big face-off against Crasher Wake, and more! Maybe a little too much more...

Last edited:
I posted this on YouTube too because wynaut, but behind the Valley Windworks is TM24 (iirc) Thunderbolt, and at Diego Ironworks is TM35 Flamethrower.
Great series btw, I finally caught up and I love the commentary and costumes :)

I have a question. How did you come up with the rules for the dicelocke? I ask this because I;m think of doing something similar down the road (With some new rules added to the list to make it harder/easier or accommodate gen VI features since if the I do this the game will be Alpha Sapphire)

Sorry for the delay in answering! I came up with these rules by seeing other Dicelockes on the Nuzlocke forums and thinking "You know what would make these even more fun? MOAR ROLLZ" And then I spent many months crafting my extensive list of rolls and playtesting them before settling on the final list. :3 Feel free to change/cut/add any rolls you think will work better for your purposes! Good luck to you on it!!

Update!!

Fighting Chance returns from hiatus with the first of probably many mega-sized episodes leading up to the last few legs of the game! Crossing route 218, battling West again, a trip to Iron Island, a battle with the Canalave City gym leader, double Gyarados across the sky, and… more!!!

Last edited:
You all saw those rule breaks last episode. Well today we take a full blast of karmic payback to the face for them. Then afterwards, we pick up the pieces and continue striving on for victory. Somehow.

Last edited:
Today: beating Mars, trekking up to Snowpoint, and Pratt's unimpressive stats. D:

Last edited:
As we head into Gym #7, we experience much confusion over death rolls, lack of references, and Blizzard's accuracy, and also make a copious number of puns involving ice, nuts, and various combinations of the two.

Last edited:

The final battle with Cyrus? So soon? What fresh sorcery has carried us to this point so quickly…?

Music credits, lyrics, and montage summary are in the video description on YouTube.

Last edited:
Today, no big battles, but a few big rolls and a couple big scares as well. Otherwise, we get a bit of calm before the coming storm of endgame...

Last edited:
DOUBLE UPDATE ACROSS THE SKY!!

We had to grind so long for Volkner's gym that, even sped up, the footage fills up an entire regular episode! So turn this video on in the background as you work, listen to some of my favourite tuneskis, and settle in as we go for Level 50 or bust!

and!

The battle for the eighth gym badge begins now! ...Or rather after an important announcement about how awesome all you people who watch my videos are, and why you deserve more replies to your comments!

Last edited:

Today, on the mega-sized penultimate episode of Fighting Chance, we prep our team for Victory Road and the Elite 4. Ah, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of Eryns and Cerises. Those darn dice may have one last wrench to throw into the works yet...

Last edited:
Sooooo the finale ended up so big it had to be split into three parts. o_o Here they all are in one big post!

FINAL UPDATE. FINAL DESTINATION. NO TURNING BACK.

Today we kick things off with a warm-up battle against West before starting in earnest with Aaron and Bertha. HEAVEN OR HELL! LET'S ROCK!
. . .

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL I SAY IT'S OVER!

Thank you so much to everyone who's been watching this series! Whether you comment or just lurk and view, I really appreciate your support and I hope you enjoyed the run. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)