Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness / Scald
- Defog
- Taunt

Tapu Fini guards the Ruins of Hope, and hope is a word that really describes its performance in OU. Tapu Fini had a surprising debut, but with time, it lost most of its shine. However, now that the metagame is ruled by Heatran and Ash-Greninja, Tapu Fini finds itself a niche as a Defogger that beats both of them, a feat it shares only with Hydreigon (out of OU viable Pokemon), which struggles to find room for Defog. That said, Tapu Fini's niche goes beyond that, as it still has somewhat positive matchups against Landorus-T, Gliscor, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Diancie, and is thus capable of removing their hazards. It can also support teammates vulnerable to status, such as Mega Mawile and Zygarde, and soft-check threats like Zygarde and Hawlucha. Bulky Volcarona is a premier teammate, as it appreciates the Defog support and can cover threats like Mega Mawile and Kartana. All in all, I guess Tapu Fini's hope payed off!

Here's a replay of Tapu Fini in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-398365

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Doing this on mobile, so please excuse my grammar. I would reword the section about defoggers that beat Ash Gren and Tran to be something like a feat only few pokemon such as Hydreigon are capable of - obviously word it better if you’d like. I really don’t like the mentioning of Mantine in any capacity on any more official OU posts.

Other than that this looks good, if the replay was from something I’d probably add what it was specifically, but it looks like a friendly so it’s fine as is if that’s the case.

1/1

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi lyd :)

add remove (comments)
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness / Scald
- Defog
- Taunt

Tapu Fini guards the Ruins of Hope, and hope is a word that really describes its performance in OU. Tapu Fini had a surprising debut, but with time, it lost most of its shine. However, now that the metagame is ruled by Heatran and Ash-Greninja, Tapu Fini finds itself a niche as a Defogger user that beats both of them(RP),(AC) a feat it only shares only with Hydreigon (out of OU viable Pokémon Pokemon), and Hydreigon does which struggles to find room for Defog. That being said, Tapu Fini'(straight apostrophe)s niche goes beyond that, as it still has somewhat positive matchups against the likes of Landorus-T, Gliscor, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Diancie, and is—thus— thus capable of removing their hazards. Aside from that, (a bit repetitive) It can also support teammates vulnerable to status,(AC)such as Mega Mawile and Zygarde,(AC)and soft check (I don't think 'soft check' is officially in the grammar standards, but if you were to use it here you'd need a hyphen as it is a two-word verb) threats like Zygarde and Hawlucha. Bulky Volcarona is a premier teammate, as it appreciates the Defog support and can cover threats like Mega Mawile and Kartana. All in all, I guess Tapu Fini'(straight apostrophe)s hope payed off!

Here'(straight apostrophe)s a replay of Tapu Fini in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-398365

GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)