Challenge (Finished) Pokemon Midele Emerald Nuzlocke

Chapter 115. The Midele Curse.

Risky as it is, I decide not to use one of my 3 remaining Steels for now. Instead, I pick Fabiole (Clefairy) and train him:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_01.png

After the training, I go to Battle Frontier. At Round 1 of Battle Factory my team looks like DPP, ORAS or SM OU = Scizor, Clefable and Gyarados. Obviously I easily win this round.
In round 2 I use a solid FGW core of another Gyarados, Chesnaught and Ninetales. Another easy round.
Dual Screens Regieleki was the main Mon of round 3. The teammates changed a lot, but ended up being Arcanine and Kommo-o (who didn,t battle at all).
In round 4 I get another FGW core, but its much less solid: Celebi, Entei and Mega Sharpedo. Flail Dodrio, Dhelmise and Alolan Ninetales eventually defeat me in a very unlucky battle.

At Battle Tower I use the Sandstorm core of Sidewinder, Dogga and Aero. I get my best result, even winning the Victory Ribbon:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_02.png

However, I only get 60 wins, so I don,t get to battle Anabel. In battle 61 the lead is one my worst nightmares, a BU Corviknight. It defeats Sidewinder, then is Stalled out of Brave Birds by Aero. Dogga has to be sacked to a Marowak without defeating it and then Aero remains vs Marowak, Aggron and the lead Corviknight. Aero manages to defeat both Marowak and Aggron (PP Stalling this one), but gets outstalled by Corviknight and loses when both Pokemon start to use Struggle.

At Battle Palace I only get 18 wins. If Dogga attacked the last turn of battle 19, I could have continued, but this facility is clearly the hardest of the Frontier.

Battle Pike isn,t succesful either, though I do make it far, up to 7th round. Then I lose when an Hippowdon with like 1% of life avoids Rock Slide from Aero and smashes him with Weather Ball.

At Battle Pike I use Aero, Fabiole and Lodoso. I get 21 wins, then a Camerupt kills all my Mons with a Quick Claw.

Time to storm Micolo Lab again. Suddenly, a wild Pokemon appears:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_03.png

Oh, shit this is like the final location of Midele Crystal, where many wild Mons apeared at level 100. You can,t escape from them and can,t catch them. Slow Pro is my lead vs the first Rayquaza. After taking 2 SEs and avoiding another one, Rayquaza is killed with Psychic:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_04.png

After stocking lots of Potions and Ether Max, I start moving carefully, using the minimum number of steps. Aero is the lead, since he can outstall most legends before they have the chance to crit with some powerful move.

I look around for trainers:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_05.png

That Shiny or Galarian Slowbro down there is probably a trainer. I will face him first. Before I do that, Aero has to defeat another Rayquaza.

Then I challenge the mysterious Slowbro:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_06.png

Before battling, he tells me that he is a failed Micolo experiment and looking at his sprite, rightfully so:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_07.png

The music of the battle fits a lot, its Lavender Town one. I lead with my own Slowbro vs Omastar but switch it out for Lodoso, predicting the Knock Off.
Omastar puts 2 layers of Spikes while Lodoso uses Curse.
Omastar puts the third layer before being hit by a weak +2 Shadow Ball.
Omastar misses Hydro Pump and gets hit by another Shadow Ball.
Omastar hits Hydro Pump and gets to red rank.
Omastar damages Lodoso again, who goes to sleep.
Omastar doesn,t miss a single Hydro Pump while Lodoso sleeps, but he manages to survive in red and use Rest again.

Omastar uses Hydro Pump twice, and then predicting the Rest, Cursed Slowbro withdraws it and sends Rhyperior of all things.

Though I know this will probably be a double sack, I have no option but to send Slow Pro into Sword Dance.
Slow Pr0 actually survives Stone Edge and kills Rhyperior with Surf:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_08.png

Shedinja is next. I am again kinda forced to take Spikes damage with Sidewinder while the bug uses Sword Dance.
Shedinja uses Sword Dance again and survives Rock Slide with Focus Sash.

Cursed Slowbro withdraws Shedinja and sends actual Slowbro while Sidewinder uses Rest and wakes up.
Fastest Slowbro in the universe attacks first with Ice Beam, triggering Sand. Sidewinder paralyzes it with Glare.

Fabiole takes Spikes damage, crit Ice Beam and Sand damage. The Lavender Town music really foreshadows many deaths in this battle.
Fabiole uses Softboiled and takes Yawn.
Fabiole uses Calm Mind and avoids... FISSURE before getting asleep.

Ok, if you wanted dirty tactics, I will use mine own. I send Aero into the next Fissure.
Aero uses Substitute, blocking Yawn.
Aero protects from Ice Beam.
Aero uses Fly. Slowbro cleverly gets paralyzed first turn and breaks the Sub on the second one.
Aero protects while Slowbro uses Slack Off.
Aero uses Substitute, broken by Ice Beam.
Aero puts Sub, broken by Ice Beam.
Aero uses Sub, broken by the last Ice Beam. From this moment, Aero fully walls Slowbro.

Predicting another Sub, Cursed Slowbro withdraws his actual Slowbro and sends Unown.
I actually predict the move the Unown will have, so I don,t use Protect:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_09.png

Midele Power has priority, breaks Sub and raises all the Stats. Howerer, it still can,t hit whil Aero is flying, so Unown gets to red. I still have to sack something here, probably more than one Mon. Slow Pro is the first one to fall:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_10.png

RIP Slow Pro. Never I thought I would be getting destroyed by Unown.
Can Dogga survive Midele Power from 75% after Spikes damage? We will never know, since the move also can crit:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_11.png

RIP Dogga. She was a good girl.
Lodoso however does survive the Midele Power. Unown dies from Sandstorm:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_12.png

What Lodoso can,t survive is a Parasect appearing after that:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_13.png

RIP Lodoso. I am getting totally smashed.
Aero comes back and protects from Brick Break.
Aero uses Fly and kills Parasect:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_14.png

Slowbro comes back. But Cursed Slowbro withdraws it right away and sends the lead Omastar while I use Sub.
Aero protects from Knock Off.
Aero kills Omastar with Rock Slide:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_15.png

Battle is won at this point. Aero just spams Rock Slide until Slowbro dies. Shedinja dies from Sandstorm after that:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_16.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_17.png

Cursed Slowbro tells me that he is suffering a lot and each day more:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_18.png

However, he deserves it, since he made me suffer too:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_19.png

Like with other Midele games, I don,t have high hopes at this point to getting to the end before losing the Nuzlocke. My Mons are dying faster than ever and it becomes harder and harder to survive. I still do have a lot of Mons at the PC, so I will be battling until the end. For now, I finish this tragic chapter. Fun fact: for me personally the number 15 is a very unlucky one, I have tons of bad memories associated with this number. I should therefore have expected that chapter 115 would have so many deaths vs a pathetic Unown.

Chapter 116. The eternal flower.

This time I do need to spend one of my 3 remaining Steels, concretely Imperator (Piplup). Despite Sidewinder being still alive, I also use one of the remaining 3 grounds, Sandy (Sandshrew), since there won,t be a better chance to use it. Lastly, as a sack slot but also Grass and Ghost resist, I put Narizotas (Shiftry).

Symbols hunting begins after the training. In round 1 I use the Baton Pass Strat of Espeon, Ambipom (with NP) and Blastoise. 6 battles go easily, but in the last one a Curse + EQ Quick Claw Tangrowth defeats both Espeon and Ambipom. Blastoise ends up facing Tangrowth, Pangoro and Breloom one after another, winning with just 11 HP.
I pick Swellow, Gyarados and Armaldo in round 2. Of course, when the opponent brings 3 rock moves, I instantly lose.

At Battle Tower I use Sidewinder, Sandy and Imperator. I stupidly lose battle 42 when a Leafeon uses Sword Dance and instead of sacking Sidewinder, I sack Sandy, which would have won the battle.

At Battle Palace the team gets 25 wins. Battle 26 technically is a tie, since Sandy faints to Perish Song (after Sandstorm kills opposing Honchkrow).

At Battle Pike I use Aero, Narizotas and Imperator. I lose in round 4 to a Sub-Punch Breloom, because Narizotas was paralyzed before facing it.

Finally at Battle Arena I use Narizotas, Aero and Fabiole. A Snorlax that crits Shadow Ball vs Aero and explodes vs Fabiole ends the streak at battle 28.

No symbols again. So, its time to continue storming Micolo Labs. Legends continue appearing, but when Aero has a Sub safely put vs a Rayquaza, I try to flee... and it works! So, as long as Aero is alive, legends are a minor annoyance at most.
I have 2 ways to explore: the down one, which Cursed Slowbro guarded, and the right one, where another trainer is present. I prefer to go down first.

Some giants are in cages, which are failed experiments:

There are also clones of the legendaries, which explains the wild Mons:

Exploring the rest of the place brings me to a coridor that connects a room with several scientists and another one with a Mewtwo (actually more than one, but only one is accesible):

I speak to the Mewtwo and...

Oh, this one is catchable. But I still use no legends, so Narizotas just murders it with Knock Off:

Time to challenge the scientists. The first one doesn,t battle though:

He tells me about the previous room which stored previously failed clones of Mewtwo and Mew. He allows me to catch the one I just killed.

The second scientists is scared of me:

He says that he only follows Micolo's orders. He offers me to use the PCs that are seen in the above pics, which he tells would allow me to breed legendary Mons.

PCs are guarded by another scientist who doesn,t battle:

He recommends me not to go to the right room, where the Regieleki that A.Vader brought is located.

The PC on the right is not one I would like to use:

It offers me to battle against Totems I previously defeated. No, thanks.

The other PC actually gives legends or so I think:

If I understood well, it gives Eggs of legends. Will have to ask Shiyo after I finish this chapter.

I enter the Regieleki room. It rains there:

I challenge Regieleki:

Narizotas uses Fake Out, damaging Regieleki a lot.
Regieleki uses Trash and is killed by Leaf Blade:

With this, I completely explored the down way. Time to challenge the trainer of the right way:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_20.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_21.png

Oh, fuck, not him. Javisito leads with Togekiss. Free Fake Out for Narizotas.

Then I have to switch out and send Imperator into Dazzling Gleam.

Javisito withdraws Togekiss and sends Primarina, avoiding Toxic.
Primarina protects.
Primarina protects again.
Primarina uses Surf and avoids Toxic again.
Imperator protects.
Primarina uses Surf and is finally poisoned.
Imperator protects.
Imperator takes a crit Surf and knocks the Leftovers from Primarina.
I predict a switch-out and click Toxic, but Primarina stays and attacks again.

Javisito finally withdraws Primarina and sends Gardevoir. This looks like a Monofairy. Gardevoir gets poisoned in any case.
Imperator protects from Thunderbolt.

Sidewinder switches into the next Thunderbolt.

Imperator comes back into Moonblast.

As Imperator protects, Javisito withdraws Gardevoir and sends Primarina back.
Primarina attacks with Surf one more time and takes another one. It faints from poison:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_22.png

The signature Mon of Javisito comes, Floette. Imperator survives Light of Ruin in red and poisons Floette.
Imperator protects.

I switch Narizotas into the next Light of Ruin. He survives the hit with Focus Sash, Floette dies from recoil + poison:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_23.png

Lead Togekiss appears again and gets hit by Fake Out again.

Its time to start the Sandstorm. I send Sidewinder to take Dazzling Gleam.
Imperator takes the next Dazzling Gleam.
Imperator protects.
Imperator takes another Dazzling Gleam and crits Togekiss with Torrent Boosted Surf:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_24.png

Gardevoir comes back. Imperator protects.

Sandy comes into the next Thunderbolt. Gardevoir dies from sand + poison:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_25.png

An Alolan Ninetales without Snow Warning appears. Does it have Focus Sash or Scarf? In any case I send Imperator into Ice Beam.
Ninetales uses Moonblast, Imperator attacks with Torrent boosted Surf.
Imperator protects.
Imperator takes another Moonblast and kills Ninetales:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_26.png

Sylveon is the last Mon of Javisito. Will I be able to endure its moves and avoid losing Imperator or another Mon? Imperator protects from Moonblast.
Sylveon damages Imperator with Moonblast and drops his Special Attack, getting poisoned in the process.
Imperator protects.

Imperator has been in KO from crit Moonblast range for a while, so I send Fabiole, who gets the Special Attack dropped too.
Fabiole survives next Moonblast with 1 HP and heals with Softboiled.

I do calcs. Fabiole is in KO range. Based on the damage he received in 2 hits, Sandy probably dies in one, he special bulk is half of Fabiole's one. Aero should survive everything except a crit and so does Imperator. I have a sack slot in Narizotas, but trust my gut and send Imperator to take the Moonblast. Sylveon does not crit:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_27.png

One more protects and the battle is won:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_28.png

First battle without casualties in a long time. And despite being vs Monotype, it still was pretty hard, I almost sacked Narizotas to ensure the more important Mons:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_29.png

Finishing the chapter here.

Chapter 117. The worst enemy of Eeveeto.

With the entire floor cleared, I go to the next one, deeper into the Hideout. A lava cavern is the final place of the game where wild Mons that I can catch appear: Magcargo (caught), Blaziken, Centiskorch (caught), Charizard, Infernape, Typhlosion and Mega Houndoom appear here. Decent selection of Fire Mons. This is the one that I catch:

A Mon most people would expect to obtain at the beginning of the game instead of the end. Well, this game is different. The IVs are not bad, except in the Stat that matters most, Speed. Its still my only Fire type currently.

Back to what I will be calling from now Midele Hell, I challenge the first trainer I see. And Midele Hell is the perfect definition when I see and recognize the message of the trainer:

This is one of the deadliest enemies of this game. I am about to lose a lot of Mons, despite knowing the exact team and the sets of each Mon. Who is this dangerous foe that scares me so much? Well...

Yes, since I have collaborated with the game, I sent a team to Shiyo prior to the release. Concretely this one: https://pokepast.es/0b5e04dd128d6fd9 .
Since I happen to have just one Ice resist, I might be wiped out by myself. Ironic. Jynx and Aurorus lead from NPC Eeveeto, while the real one sends Narizotas and Fabiole. Yes, this is a Double Battle to make it even harder.
Both opponents use Blizzard. With Focus Sash, Narizotas survives the first one and gets to damage Aurorus with Leaf Blade before falling to the second Blizzard.

RIP Narizotas. Well, he was the sack slot and made the most of it. At least Jynx didn,t use Fake Out. Speaking of Jynx, it gets damaged by Fabiole's Flamethrower while I send Aero.
Aero kills both opponents with Rock Slide:

Sandslash and Walrein appear while Fabiole uses Softboiled.
Aero protects. Sandslash uses Sword Dance. Walrein breaks the Sash of Sandslash with Surf and Fabiole kills it with Flamethrower:

The scary, fat and powerful Mega Abomasnow comes into the field. I switch Aero out and send Imperator. Abomasnow predicts this and uses Leech Seed on Imperator after taking Surf from Walrein. Fabiole heals with Softboiled.
Walrein protects. Both of my Pokemon attack Abomasnow anyway, but it survives Flamethrower + Knock Off. However, it misses Leech Seed.
Imperator uses Toxic on Walrein before it uses Sub. Fabiole uses Flamethrower on Abomasnow... and it survives again! This is the reason I use that particular Mega a lot in SM and ORAS OU: its strong, and fat, surviving hits he isn,t supposed to.
Imperator protects and so does Abomasnow. Walrein tries to attack Imperator with Super Fang, while Fabiole heals with Softboiled.
Both of my Pokemon focus again on Abomasnow and it finally falls. Before that, Fabiole has to take a Super Fang and Cute Charm atracts Walrein:

Finally, Ninetales appears. Despite being up 5-2, I still might lose the entire battle. That Double Leech in particular is very annoying.
I withdraw Imperator and send Sidewinder. Ninetales attacks Fabiole with Moonblast:

RIP Fabiole. Not having Magic Guard in the game hurts.
Walrein uses Super Fang on Sidewinder. The Hail is gone, replaced with the Sand.

Sidewinder is still a very useful Mon. That Sand can come handy in future weather wars. So I switch her out and send Sandy. Surprisingly, Sandy survives the turn by taking only Moonblast, since Walrein attacks Imperator with Super Fang.
Sandy attacks with Rock Slide, breaking the Sub of Walrein before Ninetales kills it with Moonblast:

RIP Sandy.
At least he got to attack, which was more than I expected.
I do calcs and without crit Aero should survive a Surf. Not needed though. Walrein uses Super Fang on Imperator again, NPC Eeveeto knows who is my most hard to take down Mon. After that, Walrein gets killed by Knock Off:

Aero protects. Ninetales avoids death by using Encore on Imperator, who attacks with Knock Off again.
I can,t risk missing Rock Slide and losing Aero. So, he uses Substitute, avoiding Hypnosis this way. Imperator uses Knock Off again, but even with Sand damage, Ninetales still stands.
Behind the Sub, Aero finished the battle next turn:

"Ok, I lost, but surely I fucked up your Nuzlocke". Well, not so much. I mean, 3 deaths are a lot, but with 1 Ice Resist to wistand a Double Battle, I expected 4 at least. And the 3 dead Mons are the less valuable of the 6:

Chapter 118. The tale of the Sand Champion.

I need to put 3 Mons into the team and I decide that Calabazin (Gourgeist), Po (Pancham) and Gynaephora (Frosmoth) are the best for the job. The team will still rely on Sand Stall, though there are no more Sand Rush revenge killers.

After the training, Battle Frontier time! Round of Battle Factory goes easy with Heracross, Gyarados and Ampharos.
Round 2 is easy too, almost one trade was needed to get a perfect team with Band Gourgeist, Curse Armaldo and SD + Agility Empoleon.
Round 3 looks promising with Spinda, Whiscash and Sub + Protect + CM Entei, but a Quick Claw NP Slowking defeats the first 2, then a Regigigas can,t be outstalled by Entei due to having a lot of Frustration PPs.

At Battle Tower I use Aero, Calabazin and Po. At battle 27 Quick Claw Dragalge + Mega Altaria defeat the team.

At Battle Palace I use the Sand core of Sidewinder, Aero and Imperator. Ironically I lose vs another Sand Team of Hippowdon and Pupitar in battle 14.

Stalling with Sidewinder, Calabazin and Imperator in Battle Pike doesn,t work in round 2 where I have to face 3 Double Battles in a row.

At Battle Arena I try to use Sidewinder, Gynaephora and Aero. However, an opposing Sandslash in battle 17 abuses my own Sand with Sand Veil, avoiding Ice Beam this way and winning.

Time to descend the Midele Hell again and face the next trainer, which is...

Oh, not him. The first National Champion Maestro Arena again.

Arena leads with a Skarmory, which is already bad news, since my lead is Gynaephora. Can,t believe Imperator is my only good switch-in to that thing (and still bad, since Skarmory will be able to put 2 layers of Spikes at least). The only good news is that at least on the switch-in turn Skarmory uses Iron Head. Bad news include lots of text from Maestro Arena about how he won the first Spanish National in 2007. Since I have to read this again (did it like 10 times in the past already, Arena always spams this) you will have to do it too:

Skarmory puts Spikes and gets hit by Surf. Maestro Arena continues his story:

"First, I will thank my 6 Mons" (he used the same team during the whole tournament).

Skarmory puts another layer of Spikes and lives Surf. Arena meanwhile actually thanks his Mons:

Hippowdon, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Cradily, Spiritiomb and Garchomp were his team. The last 2 Mons are not present in this game.
Skarmory puts the third layer of Spikes and dies:

Arena sends a Sandslash and tells me about his opponents of round 1, group stage. I meanwhile switch Calabazin into Earthquake.
Arena tells me how his first opponent (Azul) was defeated due to having 4 Mons weak to Ground. Not my case, since I only have 1 weak to ground and 3 resistant.
Sandslash uses Sword Dance, is burned, but heals with Lum Berry. Maestro Arena tells me how he then defeated Arbok (nickname of a famous Spanish player, still sometimes active) despite Arbok having an Infernape (potent anti-Stall Mon at the time).
Sandslash uses Sword Dance again and now is burned. Arena tells me about his last opponent, Naruto16. In theory, this was his weakest rival, but using Barrier + Baton Vaporeon + Calm Mind Alakazam, Naruto16 managed to defeat Maestro Arena.
Sandslash gets to +6 but is seeded in the process. Despite losing to Naruto16, Maestro Arena got to round 2 as the leader of his group. Azul was the other opponent who made it to Round 2.
Sandslash uses Leech Life. Calabazin heals all the damage with Synthesis, I clicked this move to see how much damage +6 burned Sandslash would do, and its not much. The second round of Spanish National was another group one.
Sandslash uses Earthquake and is damaged by Shadow Ball, going all the way to red thanks to Leech Seed and Burn damage. The first battle of the second round was the craziest one for Maestro Arena. First, the Lucario of Takei (his opponent) critted him 3 times in 4 turns, killing half of Arena's team. Then, Takei's Forretress missed Explosion (probably vs Garchomp)

Arena withdraw Sandslash and sends the equivalent of Spiritomb, Mega Sableye. Calabazin heals. At the end of the battle, both Arena and Takei had 1 Mon left, but then Arena spoke with Colchonero (another famous Spanish player) and Colchonero passed this emoness to Arena's Garchomp, who suicided (I assume that from Outrage's confusion). Arena lost the battle.

I happen to have a good counter to Mega Sableye even with 3 layers of Spikes. Its Po, who takes Knock Off, losing Leftovers.
The other opponent of Arena was Malekith :

If Arena lost vs Malekith, it would have been the end of the tournament for him. In the end, Arena had to risk his Hippo and the play worked, killing the dangerous Cacturne of Malekith, and winning the battle.

Po uses Bulk Up and is burned by WoW. Arena still could have been eliminated in round 2 by Karlos, his last opponent. However, to Arena's huge annoyance, Karlos never appeared and the battle wasn,t held.
Po uses Rest, taking Shadow Ball easily. Karlos was disqualified from the tournament for not battling vs any of his round 2 opponents.
Po uses Sleep Talk, but triggers Rest. Sableye attacks with Shadow Ball again, lowering the Special Defense.Still annoyed by Karlos's behauvior, Arena tells me that Malekith got to round 3 being first in the group, while Arena was second. This is because back in 2007, when tied, the order in the groups was decided by the score of each battle. Malekith won vs Takei with better result than Arena won vs Takei, so Malekith became first.
Po uses Sleep Talk again, but triggers Rest again. Sableye crits with Shadow Ball and lowers the Special Defense again.
In round 3 Arena had to face the player that by level, was most likely to win the Tournament, M Dragon :

Arena considered suicide by cutting his veins before that battle.
Po wakes up and uses Bulk Up, taking Knock Off easiliy despite being at -2. Surprisingly, Arena won the intense battle 3-0, because M Dragon used the wrong Gyarados set, using defensive one instead of the offensive:

I avoid greed and use Rest instead of boosting. Sableye uses WoW, which fails. Arena tells me that in the friendly rematch, in which Mariano used the offensive Gyarados, he got destroyed by it.
Po uses Sleep Talk and destroys Sableye with Seismic Punch:

As Cradily appears, Arena tells me how his cuartes opponent Darix wantes to play BO3 instead of BO1. The organizers of the National decided that the battle would be BO1, as stated by the rules.
Po uses Sleep Talk and triggers Rest. Despite being at -2, he still takes Giga Drain quite well. The battle vs Darix was a long one, with a lot of Stall. In the end, the hazard Spam of Maestro Arena wore down the Togekiss + Forretress core of Darix, and Arena won once again.
Po wakes up and kills Cradily with Seismic Punch:

Tentacruel is next.
Arena tells meanwhile that his Semis opponent was Maestro Lagarto, who up until then, didn,t lose a single battle, even in groups stages. However, the battle plan of Maestro Arena went well, since he put Rocks, 2 layers of Toxic Spikes and 3 layers of Spikes. The early Tyranitar sack by Maestro Lagarto helped too.

If Po wasn,t at -2, I would have stayed, but its too dangerous to do so right now. So, Imperator goes back, taking Surf. After an hour and a half of battle, with Maestro Lagarto having still 3 Mons left, he forfeited the match.
Imperator protects from Confuse Ray. The other finalist was Torete, the unknown player that surprised the tournament by not losing once and eliminating Shiyo, Colchonero and Malekith.
Tentacruel confuses Imperator, who damages himself. The final battle was one of extremes: the ultra defensive style of Maestro Arena vs the ultra ofensive style of Torete.
Tentacruel attacks with Surf and Imperator damages himself again. The battle was very hard for Maestro Arena, but the haxy vengeful spirit of Shiyo gave Arena his hax and Arena's Hippowdon froze Topete's Lucario with Ice Fang. Finally, the Garchomp of Arena defeated the Breloom of Topete and Maestro Arena won the battle 3-0.
Tentacruel still attacks with Surf and Imperator once again damages himself. Arena finishes his story. He won 7 battles, lost 2 and didn,t play one.
Tentacruel continues his assault, but Imperator finally manages to attack and knock the Leftovers. Arena tells that he made changes to his team before the Spanish National after playing another tournament and losing all the battles due to not having offensive power at all.
Imperator protects from Consufe Ray. Blissey and Tangrowth were past members of Arena's team, but he changed them to Cradily and Garchomp.
Tentacruel confuses Imperator again, but Surf hits.
Arena starts his story again from the beginning, but I am not mad enough to post it AGAIN. Intead, I will finish this battle.
Both Pokemon use Surf.
Tentacruel attacks, Imperator damages himself.
Both Pokemon attack.
Both Pokemon attack. Confusion finally ends.
Imperator protects.
Tentacruel crits with Surf and goes down to red.
Imperator protects.
Tentacruel confuses Imperator again and barely lives Surf.
Tentacruel crits again, but Imperator snaps the confusion and finishes it:

Sandslash comes back, but dies to the burn:

Hippowdon remains. The Sandstorm finally begins. Calabazin takes the Earthquake.
Calabazin misses WoW, but avoids Toxic.
Calabazin burns Hippowdon and is poisoned in exchange.

Calabazin seeds Hippowdon, who uses Whirlwind. Po is dragged into the field.
Po uses Rest. Hippowdon heals with Slack Off.
Po uses Sleep Talk and boosts with Bulk Up, taking Earthquake easily.
Po uses Sleep Talk and boosts again. Hippo heals.

Po damages Hippowdon with Seismic Punch. Hippowdon uses Whirlwind and Imperator is dragged in.
Imperator protects from EQ and Hippowdon dies from Leech Seed:

Nowadays, Maestro Arena is not a threat at all. But I learned from him to use Sand Stall in-game and easily defeated his legendary team with just 3 Mons:

Finishing the chapter here. Hopefully you liked Maestro Arena's story.

Chapter 119. Mariano.

Next trainer in Midele Hell is M Dragon, who wants to be the chapion of Micoliga :

Gyarados is the lead, hopefully its the wrong one. I swicth Gynaephora out and send Sidewinder while Gyarados uses Bounce.
Gyarados hits Sidewinder, activating the permanent Sand. Sidewinder paralyzes Gyarados with Glare, but it has Lum Berry.
Gyarados jumps again, paralyzing Sidewinder, but getting paralyzed too.

I switch Aero in while Gyarados jumps again.
Aero protects.
Aero puts Sub, Gyarados can,t attack.
Aero protects from Return.
Aero kills Gyarados with Rock Slide:

Duraludon is next. I don,t have a counter for this, but fortunately Aero still has the Sub. Aero protects from Thunderbolt.
Aero uses Fly. He misses, but at least eats 4 more Thunderbolt PPs.
Aero protects from Iron Head.
Aero puts another Sub, broken by Iron Head.
Aero protects from Thunderbolt. He won,t be able to outstall Duraludon.

I send Calabazin into Thunderbolt.

I send Imperator, expecting Outrage, but Duraludon uses Thunder Wave instead.

I send Sidewinder into Thunderbolt.

Imperator comes into crit Iron Head.

I send Sidewinder again into Thunderbolt.

Duraludon uses Iron Head...

Phew, that was close. Sidewinder wakes up with Chesto Berry.
Duraludon uses Iron Head and is paralyzed.

M Dragon withdraws Duraludon and sends Salamence predicting Earthquake.
Salamence uses Hydro Pump:

RIP Sidewinder. Sand Stall style gets canceled after this battle.

I send Aero. He protects from Hydro Pump.

Imperator takes the next Hydro Pump, which crits.
Imperator protects from Flamethrower.
Imperator takes Flamethrower and uses Toxic.
Imperator protects.
Imperator takes Flamethrower, but can,t move due to the paralysis.
Imperator protects.

M Dragon switches to Duraludon, who gets the Leftovers knocked.

I switch Po into Thunderbolt.
Po kills Duraludon with Seismic Punch:

Tyrantrum time. Free switch-in into Superpowerr for Calabazin.

As expected, Tyrantrum is choiced. What I don,t expect is Sceptile entering into Leech Seed.

I switch Imperator in while Sceptile puts Sub.
Imperator protects from Leaf Blade.
Sceptile uses Leaf Blade and the sub lives Knock Off.
Imperator can,t move and takes another Leaf Blade.
Imperator protects.
Imperator lives Leaf Blade in red and breaks the Sub with Surf.
Imperator tries to Protect but fails...

RIP Imperator. 2 Steels remain in my PC. Not many more waters. This looks dire.

Aero comes back. Even without Max Speed, he is faster than Sceptile and uses Fly. Sceptile eats the Petaya Berry before... M Dragon switches him out, sending Tyrantrum, who takes the Fly.

I can,t know for certain whether Tyrantrum is Band or Scarf. So, after protecting from Head Smash, I send PO, who takes ridicoulus damage from Head Smash, meaning the Tyrantrum is Band.
Tyrantrum misses next Head Smash, so Po can survive by using Rest.
Tyrantrum misses another Head Smash. However, Po trigger Rest with Sleep Talk.
Tyrantrum damages Po hard with Head Smash and survives Seismic Punch.
No more luck for Po, Tyrantrum hits:

RIP Po. M Dragon didn,t get 2 trophies on Smogon just by being intimidating.
Aero protects from the last Head Smash.

While M Dragon switches Tyrantrum out, Aero puts Sub. The last unrevealed Mon of M Dragon turns out to be a Flygon.
Aero damages Flygon with Fly before the Sub is broken by Boomburst.
With another Fly, Flygon is gone:

Tyrantrum is back, of course. Aero protects from Superpower.
Aero puts Sub, broken by Superpower.
Aero protects.
Aero puts Sub, broken by Superpower.

While M Dragon switches Tyrantrum out, Aero puts Sub. Salamence is the Mon that comes back this time.
Aero protects from Dragon Claw.
Aero uses Fly and kills Salamence:

Sceptile comes back. Aero protects.
Aero kills Sceptile with Fly:

Tyrantrum is the last survivor until Aero kills him with Fly too:

Once again, M Dragon used the wrong Gyarados:

Despite that, though, my team has collapsed once again:

Not many trainers must be left at this point, but my number of Mons is not high either. Just 2 Steel Mons (both of them frail offensive ones) and 4 waters (2 of them offensive and another one frail on special side too). Ground types are also 2 (though electric immunities are 3 in total). The last battles will be very hard and painful. Finishing the chapter here.

Chapter 120. The birds.

As both the Ground and Steel slot combined, I put Topota (Drilbur) in the team. The other 2 Mons also will be frail this time, Sharky (Sharpedo) and Medi (Medicham).

While training, I find a Shiny at Magma Hideout:

The IVs are bad, but the typing is very good, since I now have one more Ground and Steel.

After the training, Battle Frontier. In round 1 I swap a lot, ending up with Heracross, Flygon and Cofagrigus. It actually was a tough round, I survived the last battle with 49 HP burned Flygon.
In round 2, my Mons are Miltank (Sub-Punch), Arcanine and Giga Kingler. It was an easier round, but I still won just 1-0 the last battle.
On the contrary, Froslass, Gallade and Alolan Muk made the round 3 very easy.
In round 4 I use Mega Absol and Mega Mawile. The last Mon rotates, ending up being a Floette.
Very good Mons, including legendaries started appearing at round 5. I end up winning with Zapdos, Blissey and Grumpig.

Round 6 is Noland round. Will I be able to get my revenge? Lets see it. At the start I rent Sub-Punch Tyranitar, PP Stall trap Palossand and Specs Latios. Opponent 1 leads with Gyarados, which Latios OHKOs with Outrage. Same happens with Gengar, but Endure Donphan survives. I send Tyranitar expecting to sack him, but he survives Flail + EQ, winning the battle.
Lead Jynx of Battle 2 defeats Tyranitar with Lovely Kiss, Substitute and crit Ice Beam combination. Latios kills Jynx but then I lose to Specs Raikou with. Sand Veil of Palossand doesn,t activate once in the 3 turns the Mon battles.

Damn, close run, yet still a failure. At Battle Tower I use Aero, Topota and Gynaephora. I lose the battle 35 vs Delibird (who was faster than Aero), Rhyperior (who with Quick Claw attackes Topota first) and Aggron.

At Battle Palace I try to do it with Sharky, Topota and Calabazin. I win 20 battles before Topota decided to not attack a Jolteon who bited her to death.

The same team loses in Battle Pike in round 3.

At Battle Arena I use Medi, Aero and Gynaephora. I only get 9 wins here, as a Hitmontop avoids Rock Slide from Aero in battle 10.

Without symbols once again, I enter Midele Hell. I see 2 trainers guarding diferent items. I go for the right one first:

Oh, no, its Manectric Rang. And he has 2 statused Mons, an angry Obstagoon or Heracross is about to destroy me. He leads with Swellow though. Medi uses Fake Out, flinching the bird.
Since Swellow could use Brave Bird just as likely as Facade, I have no option but to stay, live Facade with Focus Sash and kill the bird with Brick Break:

Medi was the sack slot. And she has to be sacked, since the next Mon is a Dragapult.

RIP Medi.
Ok, how I am going to beat that thing, even after a sack?
Maybe its DD or Band and not mixed? Ok, Sharky goes. Dragapult uses Hidden Power Fight... and Sharky survives with 1 HP without having a Focus Sash. Pult dies from Crunch:

Sharky has to be sacked to a Mega Houndoom though:

RIP Sharky.
This is the real Midele Hell, with a Demon Dog guarding it.
Aero has to enter the field. He doesn,t kill Mega Houndoom but flinches it at least.
Next Rock Slide finishes the cerberus:

Clefable comes next. I send Topota while it uses Calm Mind.
Topota damages Clef with Iron Head and takes Moonblast. Fortunately no Flamethrower to be seen.
Topota kills Clef with another Iron Head:

Then Manec sends... another burned Swellow. Damn, he is breaking Species Clause!
Topota protects from Facade.

I switch Calabazin into the next one.
As expected, Swellow is band, so Manec withdraws it and sends the last Mon, a Breloom.
Breloom puts a Sub, avoiding WoW this way.
Breloom uses Rock Tomb, his Sub is broken by Shadow Ball.
Breloom puts another Sub, broken by Shadow Ball.
Breloom puts another Sub, broken by Shadow Ball.
Breloom attacks with Rock Tomb, surviving Shadow Ball.
Breloom hits Calabazin again,who heals with Synthesis.

Manec withdraws Breloom and sends the Swellow while I use WoW. Fuck, this is what I tried to avoid, having Calabazin on the field when Breloom comes. I don,t know Breloom Speed. He could be faster than Gynaephora and OHKO her with Rock Tomb. He could also avoid a move from Aero. So, Calabazin needs to stay alive as a sure way of killing Breloom. Now, who I send? Gynaephora would obviously die from Band burned Brave Bird. Do Topota and Aero fare better?

252 Atk Choice Band Guts Swellow Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 304-358 (86.1 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO <Topota is damaged, so she dies.
252 Atk Choice Band Guts Swellow Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 288-339 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO < Due to having 0 IVs in Defense, Aero most certainly dies too from full.

So, the least valuable Mon is Gynaephora, who I send:

RIP Gynaephora. No more Quiver Dance sweeps.
Aero switches in and Protects, so Swellow dies from the burn:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_30.png

Breloom remains. Calabazin is the best counter for Breloom in the entire game. He takes 2 Rock Tombs and finishes the battle:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_31.png

Another battle with lots of blood:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_32.png

And what prize do I get?

Pokemon Midele Emerald_33.png

Oh, cool, now I can invest in scientific research in order to develop a technology capable of reviving all my Mons! Oh, well. Finishing the chapter here.

The title means The Birds from Brazil, pt 2: Sad Pigeon. (This is not the music for this battle in the game)

Yet another amazing battle. You got lucky twice, which is below your average.

Lately I am somehow failing to predict how challenging each individual battle would be. I expected a close battle here, slightly harder battles against Javisito and Arena, an easier one against yourself, and an easy battle against M Dragon, with only one sack against Tyrantrum. This is good news for you, as my predictions on most of your remaining battles are appalling.

So, the least valuable Mon is Gynaephora, who I send:
I think you tossed here your best card to actually win the run.

Chapter 121. The dark age.

My options are greatly reduced at this point. I only have 3 waters, so I bring the less valuable one, Royal Shell (Cloyster). Dark types are still present at my PC, I choose The Goon (Galarian Zigzaggon) for the job. Lastly, I use one of my 2 fairies, Florida (Floette).
Pokemon Midele Emerald_34.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_35.png

During the training I catch a Shiny:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_36.png

Honestly, a pretty useless Mon at this point of the game. If I ever train it, he will most likely be a sack slot.

After the training, I go to Battle Frontier again. In round 1 of Battle Factory I use a suicide Houndoom (Counter + Destiny Bond) and a rain core of Ludicolo and Kingdra. Easy round.
In round 2 I use suicide Swellow, Electivire and Alcremie. Another easy round.
Round 3 starting draft is horrible. I choose Claydol, Honchkrow and Dragalge, all weak to Ice. I lose the first battle, not to Ice moves, but to a Ledian avoiding Rock Slide from Scarf Claydol.

At Battle Tower I use Aero, Topota and Florida, losing the second battle due to a missclick in which Topota was sacked.

At Battle Palace I use Topota, Calabazin and The Goon. I only win 9 battles here, Politoed, Kabutops and Delcatty stop me.

At Battle Pike Aero, Topota and Calabazin are used, but I lose in round 3 again.

Finally, at Battle Arena, I use Aero, Topota and Florida. Unfortunately, an Eelektross avoids all the Rock Slides in Battle 24, so no symbols again.

So, back to Midele Hell. The entrance to another room is guarded by this dude:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_37.png

He does not battle, but he tells me that he will let me go to the next room if I defeat all the trainers of this area:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_38.png

Just one remains. He is no far from here, and he guards a very precious item. He doesn,t guard it too well, since I can pick it before battling him:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_39.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_40.png

Finally. On the few remaining battles, I will fight on equal terms. Lets test the item on the trainer, who I expected to be A.Vader, but quickly realize he is not.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_41.png

He also anticipates me about a Mon he will use vs me:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_42.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_43.png

Phent leads with an Alolan Muk. Aero puts Sub, avoiding Toxic this way.
Aero protects from Sludge Bomb.
Aero uses Fly. The Sub is broken by Knock Off, which is bad news, I can,t outstall that and can,t send Topota either, since she has Scarf (I put it after Sharky died in order to have 2 fast Mons) and therefore is my biggest hope vs Dark Pika.
Aero protects to recover a little more of health. Muk also tries to protect this turn.

I send The Goon while Muk tries to Protect again.
Muk protects while the Goon uses Bulk Up.
The Goon uses Return and crits:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_44.png

The broken Dark Pika comes in. He uses Brick Break and The Goon surprisingly lives the hit.

I send Florida into the next Brick Break.
Dark Pika uses Extreme Speed. It survives Moonblast and has the Special Attack broken. Apparently, this is a bad Dark Pika set.
Dark Pika uses Rest and wakes up with Chesto Berry. Florida heals with Synthesis.
Dark Pika uses Curse. Florida boosts with Calm Mind.
Dark Pika boosts again, taking Moonblast.
The next Moonblast kills the broken monster, who this one time isn,t broken at all:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_45.png

Kanto Muk comes in. I send Topota into the obvious Sludge Bomb.
Topota kills Muk with Earthquake:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_46.png

Ditto comes to claim Topota's soul. However, I have Calabazin, who easily takes Earthquake.

Phent withdraws Ditto... and sends a second Dark Pika, who is burned by WoW. I suspect this Dark Pika won,t be as easy to beat as the previous one.

I switch Florida in... and Dark Pika uses Midele Power. Florida takes the move surprisingly well. Dark Pika however reveals having Leftovers, so it won,t be easiy to outstall, even with the burn.
Dark Pika uses Midele Power again, getting hit by Moonblast.
Dark Pika reveals another of his exclusive Moves, Dark Thunder. It has 70 power and hits twice, so essentially it has 140 power. And 100 Accuracy, of course. Florida survives with less than 20 HP and drops the Special Attack of Dark Pika with Moonblast. He is also in red now.

Florida looks to be a good weapon vs Dark Pika, so I want to preserve her. I could send Topota, but Phent already knows I have a Ground, he won,t use Dark Thunder here. So, I send The Goon to die. As expected, Dark Pika uses Midele Power, and unexpectedly The Goon survives it, still with decent health. A tanky boy.

Now I send Topota into Dark Thunder. Dark Pika is still alive.

I send The Goon again. He would have survived the hit, but Dark Pika crits:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_47.png

RIP The Goon. He tanked way more hits than I expected him too, the Secret Potion worked really well.

I send Florida to recover some health while Dark Pika finally dies:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_48.png

Of course, no fun is allowed. The last unrevealed Mon of Phent is Mew. I send Royal Shell, who tanks a Psychic due to the Max Sdef and HP he currently has.
Royal Shell protects... from Thunderbolt. Fuck, this Mew can destroy my whole team, provided it has the right moves.

Not that I care about Royal Shell, but I have the same chance to lose Topota regardless of sacking Royal Shell or not. So, I send Topota without the sack into Thunderbolt.
Topota damages Mew with X Scissors and survives Flamethrower.
Another X Scissor kills Mew.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_49.png

Ditto is the last. I send Calabazin. Unfortunately, the Ditto now uses Iron Head.
Calabazin takes next Iron Head and heals with Synthesis.
Calabazin takes 3rd Iron Head and heals again.
4th Iron Head flinches, but its too late.
Calabazin heals to full after taking the last Iron Head.
Ditto crits with Struggle, also too late. Calabazin attacks with Shadow Ball.
After taking another Struggle, Calabazin wins the battle:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_50.png

Hard battle, but without the last crit of Dark Pika, it could have been without deaths:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_51.png

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
finally we see the return of florida. had been looking out for that in a while, wonder how long she survives.

unfortunate that you had to sack gynaephora there, would've been really nice to see more of her. manectric-rang said that she'd be valuable if you kept her alive but really i'm just super biased towards frosmoths so eh.

He lost Gynaephora, but greeting every mon with Midele Power with WoW as soon as it appears is a good strategy too.

In fact I was certain that this battle would be catastrophic, if not the end of the run. I myself struggle hard against Phent, even knowing the full team (you can choose to challenge the new trainers again after completing the game), while winning easily against most of the trainers in the hideout, independently of the team I pick. But then again, I never manage to cripple the Midele Power carrier even before it has the chance to start spamming Midele Power.

By the way, going for the Secret Potion first would have made Aero capable of being switched in against Swellow, preventing the sacrifice of Gynaephora... assuming the nature was Jolly. If it was Adamant, then it would have been a 6.3% chance to OHKO for a 31 IV Aerodactyl. Note the large effect of higher or lower IVs in the lowest stat, as 31 is an important fraction of the lowest stats of a mon, but not that much for higher ones; maybe the less important places for good IVs in a mon, after the unused Attack/Special Attack, are the ones where the base stats are the highest, excluding Speed?
Jolly. The first one was Adamant in order to have a chance to deceive the opponent if a mon with in-between Speed was the lead, and also to scare the opponent when considering switching something in against the second Swellow, as less stuff takes one or two hits from the Adamant Swellow.

Last edited:
Chapter 122. Micoliga.

I am starting to have Dark type shortage too. With 3 left, I train Alacran (Skorupi) next.

After the training, another attemt at Battle Frontier. On round 1 of Battle Factory I switch a lot, ending up with Toxicroak, Gyarados and Houndoom.
I also swap a lot in Round 2, though the lead Medicham stays. The other 2 Mons end up being Gyarados and Whiscash, very easy round.
Round 3 still is a swap round. Spinda, Mismagius and Kingdra end up being my team, though I had Mons like Metagross and Flygon at my dispossal.
In round 4 however, the team stays from the beginning to the end. Mega Banette, Umbreon and Durant have that good of a sinergy.
In round 5 I get a good team of Night Lycanroc, Dragapult and Poliwrath. However, a Manectric defeats Lycanroc and then a Shedinja beats the other 2 Mons.

At Battle Tower I use Aero, Topota and Calabazin, getting 21 wins. Aurorus, Gorebyss and Pinsir turned out to be too strong to beat.

Some team does even worse at Battle Palace, losing Battle 4 vs a Corphish.

At Battle Pike I try to Stall with Florida, Calabazin and Alacran, but a Quick Claw Camerupt kills them all in round 4.

At Battle Arena I use Topota, Aero and Florida. The run is very good and I get 43 wins, but finally an opposing Excadrill manages to Spin against Topota (KOing her) and then just sweep.

Back to Midele Hell, I speak to Giratina Master, since now I have defeated all 14 trainers:

He says :lock: a lot. Then he goes inside, but leaving something behind:

Oh, cool, the last expansion of Music Player. Now I can listen all the songs if I want.

The room I go into looks like Pokemon League. I speak to NPCs to see what is up:

This guy resets all the special trainers of the game, if I want, so I could battle against them again. No, thanks.

This one just complains about Wallace being the champion instead of Steven.

"Who do you think is the Champion of Micoliga?" Who could it be...

So, apparently it actually has a League Format. This means that I won,t be able to switch teams between battles. I therefore need to use the most powerful team possible.

So, Lavender is one of the Elite Four members. I can imagine A.Vader is another one and so is Ragu (Shiyo) himself, since I haven,t seen him recently. The Champion is known, so who could be the last trainer?

The definitive Tutor. He teaches all Tutor Moves that are present in the game. The girl below him just tells the Happiness of my Mons. The red man resets IVs. The floating head changes Hidden Power. The 2 left dudes change nature.

The stairs go to Micolandia Pokemon Center.

So, now that I explored everything, I need to build the best possible team with what I have. And my current team is far from it. I take out every Mon except Aero , Topota and Florida. This means that Alacran has been trained pointlessly, but also that Royal Shell and especially Calabazin (who has been really useful) will survive. The Mons I put in are Dittroll (Ditto), Miss World (Milotic) and Dark Pika.

So, this is the team that will challenge the Micoliga:

After thinking a lot, I have changed the sets of Topota and Florida. Deciding the moves of Miss World and Dark Pika took some time too and even Dittroll has gone through some work.

Finishing the chapter here. As you have already figured out, not many are left:

Chapter 123. The end is near.

So, I enter Micoliga. Its a BW-like Pokemon-League:

I can challenge the Elite Four in the order I want, which doesn,t help much, since I don,t know who is who until the battle begins.

The upper-left teleport brings me into a mountain full of Mew:

Those Mew don,t let me go. So, I need to search for some trainer disguised as Mew. Finally, I find him:

Oh, this must be A.Vader.

Yep, its A.Vader. He leads with a Mew. Mew can do anything, so I will just attack with Brutal Ball (100 power, 100 Accuracy, Dark, can paralyze, brun or freeze). Mew survives Brutal Ball in red... and misses Sheer Cold. Damn, A.Vader really is serious this time.
Dark Pika uses Midele Power, boosting to +1... But Mew survives, though luckily he misses Sheer Cold again.
Second Midele Power kills Mew and gets Dark Pika to +2:

A.Vader sends a second Mew. I missclick and use Dark Thunder, though Mew dies anyway:

Honedge is next. This Mon is really frail, so Dark Thunder kills it too...

Or not. Honedge uses his exclusive move, Monado Power (Hidden Power, but with 100 power) and its Super-Effective, but since Dark Pika is at +2, he survives it easily.
Dark Pika kills Honedge with Midele Power, boosting to +3:

A.Vader sends... a Spheal? Well, sorry roundy boy, I have to kill you with Dark Thunder:

Oh.

RIP Dark Pika. And RIP Nuzlocke, no way I am going to win now.

But at least I will win this battle. Aero goes in and Protects from the next Sheer Cold.
Aero puts Sub, broken by Sheer Cold.
Aero protects from Sheer Cold.
Aero puts Sub, broken by Sheer Cold. The Spheal must have No Guard.

A. Vader withdraws Spheal while Aero protects, sending another Mew.
Aero protects from Dark Thunder. Since the move hits twice, it can,t be outstalled.

Topota switches into the next Dark Thunder.

A.Vader withdraws Mew and sends Mr. Rime, right into Toxic.
Topota protects from Teeter Dance.
Topota attacks Mr. Rime with Iron Head and is confused. Mr. Rime dies from poison:

Spheal with 1 HP comes back. I switch Aero in, but A.Vader switches Spheal out and sends Mew.
Aero protects.

I switch Topota into Dark Thunder.

A. Vader sacks Spheal:

Mew remains. Topota protects... while Mew uses Midele Power, which bypasses Protect. Mew gets to +1.
Mew gets to +2 damaging Topota hard, but getting poisoned.

Florida takes the next Midele Power.
Mew gets to +4. Florida uses Wish.

I switch Dittroll in, taking another Midele Power and then healing from Wish.
Mew uses Midele Power and so does Ditto. However, Mew dies from poison, the battle ends:

Well, I won the battle, but without Dark Pika and without being able to put a 6th Mon, the challenge is lost:

Once again, A.Vader mortally wounded my team, though unlike in Midele Red, he couldn,t finish the job himself this time. The (probably) last chapter will be tomorrow.

Chapter 124. The creator.

Ok team, we are doomed but lets do out best. I use the upper right teleport this time.

What is inside looks like a Laboratory:

I explore the place:

"Warning! Its forbidden to throw food to the slaves, we don,t know how will they react to visitors."

"Here lies a crushed Pikachu" Is it my Dark Pika? Probably not, Dark Pika was frozen, not crushed.

Mudkip turns out to be the favorite Mon of Ragu. So, a Swampert (probably with Midele Power) is to be expected from Shiyo.

Notes about the canceled Midele Platinum (this is not true, spanish community and viewers of this thread will do their best to force Shiyo to do the game). Apparently the Main villain will be Bad Vibes Darki, who will kidnap Micolo and use a machine to bring allies from other worlds.

A seal with the shape of a penguin's leg. The context for this is that Shiyo likes penguins, given his avatar on Discord:

1650041404993.png

On the television my own plays are shown:

The dude looks and comments the plays:

First part is false, I never had Snorlax and Hydreigon in this game. Hopefully the last part in which I win ends up being true, but no one expects it at this point.

Well, time of my execution has arrived:

As all good games, Midele ones were not possible without slave labour, as Shiyo is telling me (in other words).

In the Spanish community Shiyo is known as a very haxy player. But so am I. Lets fight hax with hax, even though I can,t win!

Shiyo leads with a Furret, which are very bad news. I switch Aero out and send Miss World into Shadow Ball.
Furret uses Coil and gets a Toxic in return.

I send Aero while Furret uses Coil again.
Aero protects. Furret boosts to +3.
Aero puts Sub, broken by Shadow Ball.

As Aero protects, Shiyo withdraws it and sends Jirachi. Well, this was one Mon I needed Dark Pika for.

I send Topota into Iron Head.

Something epic happens. I missclick and use Toxic. But Shiyo withdraws Jirachi and sends Swampert.

Expecting Midele Power I switch Florida in. However, Swampert uses Curse.
Knowing that Swampert was the favorite Mon of Shiyo, I taught Giga Drain to Florida before the battle. This now comes handy. Swampert survives Giga Drain, but uses Curse and dies from the poison:

Jirachi comes back. I send Miss World this time to take Iron Head.

Shiyo withdraws Jirachi and sends Mega Altaria, who takes Surf.
Miss World takes Moonblast and uses Recover.
Miss World takes another Moonblast and poisons Altaria.

Moonblast is doing too much damage to Miss World, so I send Topota.
Topota protects from Moonblast.
Topota takes Moonblast and uses Earthquake. Altaria survives the hit, but not the poison:

Jirachi comes back. Topota protects from Seismic Punch.

Florida takes the next Seismic Punch.

Ragu withdraws Jirachi and sends a very dangerous Togekiss while Florida uses Wish.

I switch Topota in while Togekiss uses Nasty Plot.
Togekiss boosts again and gets a Toxic.
Topota protects from Flamethrower.

I send Aero to take the next Flamethrower.
Aero protects from Dazzling Gleam.

Shiyo withdraws Togekiss and sends Jirachi. Aero puts a Sub meanwhile.
Aero protects from Iron Head.
Jirachi breaks Sub and is damaged by Fly.
Aero protects.

I send Topota to take Iron Head. Shiyo starts to hax, critting with the move.
Topota protects.

Ragu sacks Furret, who dies to a crit (not needed) Earthquake:

Just when I started to have hope, Shiyo sends a Blaziken, who of course has No Guard. Topota protects from Dynamic Punch.

Florida takes Dynamic Punch.
Blaziken damages Florida with Fire Blast. Florida damages herself.
Blaziken uses Fire Blast again. Florida heals with Synthesis after hitting red rank.
Blaziken damages Florida again. She damages herself. I don,t know if Florida will survive next hit, but I have no other option but to stay.
Blaziken uses Fire Blast...

Saved for now.
Blaziken uses Fire Blast again, Florida heals.
Blaziken uses another Fire Blast. Florida heals.
Florida takes another Fire Blast and heals.
Blaziken wastes the last Fire Blast and Florida uses Wish.
Blaziken uses Stone Edge and crits...

Phew, that was close again. Florida damages Blaziken with Moonblast.

Ragu withdraws Blaziken and sends Jirachi again, who takes Moonblast.

I send Miss World to take Iron Head.

Ragu withdraws Jirachi and sends Togekiss. Miss World heals with Recover. Togekiss heals with Sitrus Berry.
Togekiss heals with Softboiled and is damaged by Ice Beam.
Togekiss uses Dazzling Gleam. After another Ice Beam and poison, he is down to red.
Togekiss heals, and so does Miss World.

Ragu withdraws Togekiss and sends Blaziken back, surviving Ice Beam.
Blaziken confuses Miss World with Dynamic Punch, but he attacks and kills the broken chicken with Surf:

Togekiss appears again. It heals and so does Miss World.
Togekiss heals again and is damaged by Ice Beam.
Togekiss tries to heal again but Miss World still attacks.
Togekiss heals again, but Miss World continues attacking.
Togekiss still heals, Miss World uses Surf this time.
Togekiss heals one last time and finally dies to the poison:

Jirachi remains. However, it uses Seismic Punch, so after taking 2 of them and healing once, Miss World eventyally wins:

"Its a shame that you don,t want to be my slave. You would be so useful!"

Somehow, against all odds, I won this hard battle without losing a single Mon:

This doesn,t change much though. If not vs Shiyo, I will lose vs the next Elite Four tomorrow, playing with 4,5 Mons (Dittroll is only useful in specific situations) its very hard regardless of the opponent. But well, the execution has been delayed.

Chapter 125. Lavender Blitzkrieg.

It looks like my execution will be a public one, since the room of the third Elite Four that I challenge looks like Battle Arena and the theme is the same:

Well, I have accepted death 2 battles ago, so I am certainly ready.

After talking about my achievements, the presenter speaks about my opponent:

So, its Lavender. People in the lobby spoke about him as one of the hardest Elite Four members. He still remembers out encounter at Izabe Island:

Lavender leads with a totally balanced Deoxys-Attack. I send Topota to take Psycho Boost.
Topota protects from Superpower.

Florida takes the next Superpower.
Deoxys uses Shadow Ball and survives a crit Moonblast with Focus Sash.
Deoxys attacks again, Florida heals with Synthesis.
Deoxys uses Shadow Ball again before Florida crits a second time, finishing him:

Lavender sends a totally balanced Mega Mawile. Miss World takes Iron Head.
Miss World attacks with Surf. Mawile boots with Sword Dance.
Miss World bring Mawile to red rank with Surf, but Mawile does the same using Brick Break.

Lavender withdraws Mawile and sends Hydreigon, who takes Surf.

I send Florida to take Crunch, but the Special Defense is dropped.
Hydreigon uses Dragon Dance, Florida heals.
Hydreigon stupidly boosts again and dies from Moonblast:

Porygon-Z is next. Idk how to stop this one. Topota takes Ice Beam.
Topota protects.
Topota survives Ice Beam in red, but misses Toxic.
Topota protects.

Florida takes the next Ice Beam.
Florida takes another Ice Beam and heals with Synthesis.

Lavender withdraws Porygon-Z and sends Appletun while Florida boosts with CM.
Florida boosts again and its seeded.
Florida uses Wish and gets a Toxic. Fuck, this was the definition of greed.
Florida kills Appletun with Moonblast:

Mega Mawile comes back. Florida heals with the Wish. Some health is stolen by Toxic and Leech Seed, but Mawile still dies from +2 Moonblast:

Grimmsnarl is next. He dies from Moonblast too:

Unfortunately, vs Porygon-Z I have to sack someone. Florida has 66 HP after poison and Leech Seed. Since I plan in advance to face at least one Dark Pika, Miss World looks like the most useless Mon.

Miss World survives the first Ice Beam, but not the second:

RIP Miss World. One step closer to damnation.

Porygon-Z is Specs, so with Sub + Protect Aero easily outstalls it and finishes with Fly + Struggle damage + Rock Slide:

Some Hoeen characters apparently came at the end of the battle:

I survived the brutal offensive of Lavender, but this time death was unavoidable:

2 trainers left in the game, but with 4 Mons, the defensive sinergy is almost completely gone, so I will most likely collapse before facing the Champion.

Last edited:
Chapter 126. Drunk Suicune.

The room of the last Elite Four member looks like a mix between a Night Club and an Egipcian Temple. Several characters appear here but say nothing relevant... except this Cyndaquil doll:

"Never forget where you come from and how it all began". Is this a sign that the Elite Four Member has a Typhlosion? Hopefully so.

Well, time to challenge him and probably lose:

So, its Pacochef again. He leads with Mega Houndoom, who lives a Rock Slide from Aero and damages him with Dark Pulse.

As Aero protects, Pacochef withdraws Houndoom and sends a Metagross, which probably will sweep me.
Aero protects from Shadow Ball.

I switch Topota in while Metagross uses Agility.
Metagross uses EQ...

Topota survives with just 2 HP, however Metagross survives EQ too with much more health.
Topota protects from Shadow Ball.

I send Florida to take next Shadow Ball.

Ditroll takes Meteor Mash.
Ditroll wins the Speedtie and kills Metagross with Earthquake:

Suicune is next. It uses Calm Mind while I send Florida.
Florida is faster and uses Calm Mind too, as Suicune does the same.
Both Pokemon eventually get to +6, though Suicune starts to attack earlier.
Florida uses Moonblast and takes Surf.
Florida uses Moonblast again, Suicune uses Rest but wakes up with Chesto Berry.
Florida drops the Special Attack of Suicune with the next Moonblast.
Florida drops the Special Attack of Cune again.
Florida heals with Synthesis. Suicune heals with Rest.
Florida uses Wish.

I send Aero to heal from Wish.

I send Dittroll into Surf.
Ditroll uses Rest. Suicune attacks with Surf.
After taking 2 more Surfs, Ditroll uses Rest again.
After taking 3 more Surfs, Ditroll heals again.
Ditrolls takes 2 more Surfs. Then Suicune starts using Ice Beam and Ditroll uses Rest again.
Suicune uses Calm Mind once. Then he attacks with Ice Beam again.
Ditroll uses Calm Mind twice, taking 2 Ice Beams.
Then Ditroll goes to sleep using the last Rest PP, while Suicune uses Calm Mind.

Ditroll wakes up and starts using Calm Mind until Suicune finally is outstalled and Pacochef switches Latios in.
Latios uses Thunderbolt and somehow survives +6 Ice Beam, wtf.

I send Florida into the next Thunderbolt.
Latios uses a powerful Psychic, Florida uses Calm Mind.
The next Psychic leaves Florida in red:

Florida manages to heal.
After taking another Psychic, Florida heals again.
Latios uses Psychic again and is killed by Moonblast:

Suicune appears again. Florida uses Wish while it boosts with Calm Mind.

Topota heals from Wish, Suicune continues boosting.

Florida comes in. Suicune continues boosting.
Florida heals with Synthesis. Suicune gets to +4.
Florida uses Wish. Suicune gets to +5.

Ditroll gets in and heals from Wish. Suicune gets to +6, hopefully Pacochef switches out now.

Unfortunately, Pacochef orders Suicune to use CM again, eating a Surf.
Both Pokemon use CM again.

I send Florida, Suicune continues boosting.
Florida uses Wish. Suicune goes to sleep.

Topota heals to full.

Florida goes back in, but Pacochef decides to battle seriously now and sends Umbreon.
Florida uses Calm Mind, Umbreon boosts with Double Team.
Florida damages Umbreon with Moonblast while it uses Double Team again.
Florida kills Umbreon:

Suicune appears again. So, Florida uses Wish

Ditroll heals to full. Suicune uses Calm Mind.

I switch between Florida and Ditroll several times. In the end, Ditroll ends up at +6 and is at +6 when Pacochef switches-in a Machamp.
Machamp uses Scary Face and survives Surf with Focus Sash.
Machamp uses a poweful Dynamic Punch and Ditroll damages himself.

Florida gets into the next Dynamic Punch, which is crit. Fuck that thing.
Florida damages herself and gets hit by Stone Edge, going to red.

So, who is more important, Florida or Topota? Both damage Dark Pika with STAB, but I think Florida is more flexible in what she can do as this battle has shown. This means, I need to sack Topota...
Fortunately, Machamp uses Stone Edge again. It crits, but Topota resists x4.
Topota protects.
Topota kills Machamp with Earthquake:

Instead of sending the Mega Houndoom, Pacochef decides to use the PP Stalled Suicune again. Aero comes in as Pacochef recognizing his mistake sends finally the Demon Dog.
Aero kills Houndoom:

Aero puts Sub and then uses Protect until Suicune finishes his Rest PP.
Then, as Suicune uses Struggle, Aero spams Rock Slide until the battle is over:

The MVP of this battle was not Florida or Ditroll, it was the opposing Suicune who allowed me to freely heal all my team after the damage Metagross has done:

The execution has been delayed again. I still have 99% chance to lose vs Micolo, but with 4 Mons, I can at least put some sort of a fight. One way or another, tomorrow the run ends.

Chapter 127. Monocycle, because mono is one and life is a cycle.

So, time to finish the run. The drunk Suicune that helped me to win in the last chapter teleports me to the main room of Micoliga:

The last room of the game has no music, its completely silent:

Micolo welcomes me and congratulates for defeating a useless Pxp Mod and 3 other clowns:

Micolo tells me that the Battle Frontier inspired him to build the Micoliga in order to achieve the supreme challenge and that I am about to face the Midele Nightmare:

Micolo leads with a Zangoose, lmao. Aero damages it with Rock Slide, but gets hurt by Seismic Punch.

As Aero Protects, Micolo sends the Dark Pika, who Intimidates Aero. Ok, this was part of my plan.

I send Topota, who takes a Brutal Ball.
Dark Pika uses Surf, Topota poisons it with Toxic. Damn, start using Midele Power already!
Topota protects from Brutal Ball.

Florida takes the next Brutal Ball.
Dark Pika finally uses Midele Power. Florida takes almost no damage from it and heals with Synthesis.

Micolo withdraws Dark Pika and sends Registeel. Florida uses Wish meanwhile.

Topota switches in while Registeel uses Curse, healing from the Wish.
Topota uses EQ, Registeel uses Curse again.
Topota uses EQ again... and so does Registeel:

RIP Topota.
I expected a Monoatacker.
Ditroll switches in, wins the Speed-Tier and kills Registeel with EQ:

A totally balanced Rayquaza appears. Florida takes Flamethrower.
Rayquaza reveals Midele Power. Florida uses Calm Mind.
Florida damages it with Moonblast hard.
After taking another Midele Power, Florida kills Rayquaza, but its very weak now:

Micolo then sends an Armored Mewtwo. I see 0 information about it in the document about Midele.
Mewtwo uses Psychic:

RIP Florida.
The battle is probably lost now.
I send Dittroll. Mewtwo has Nasty Plot, Psychic, Flamethrower and Brutal Ball. I don,t know whether is part Steel or not, but Brutal Ball is super effective regardless.
Mewtwo uses Nasty Plot, taking Brutal Ball well.

I sack Aero:

RIP Aero. Since Eeveeto and Gerania died, Aero was the Mon that held the team together. He oustalled many opponents but now has to be sacked to have a small chance to win.
Ditroll appears for one last fight. He wins the Speedtie and kills Mewtwo with +2 Brutal Ball:

Dark Pika comes to finish the battle, healing with Sitrus Berry.
Dark Pika uses Midele Power, surviving Flamethrower.
Stupidly enough, Dark Pika uses Midele Power again, instead of Brutal Ball, which likely would have finished the battle on the spot. Ditroll uses Nasty Plot while Dark Pika dies from the poison:

Zangoose comes back, just to die from Psychic:

Last is a Gallade. It uses Midele Power and survives Psychic with Focus Sash.
Last turn is like this:

And then...

So, against all odds and with the main Battle Plan (transforming into a poisoned but boosted Dark Pika) failed, I somehow won vs the broken but stupid AI. I don,t even know what Stats and typing armored Mewtwo has, but he is weak to Brutal Ball which he used, but Dark Pika didn,t.

Micolo gives me a gift for winning:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_41.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_42.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_43.png

So, all my Mons from the team get 7 new Ribbons.

This is the first Midele game that I manage to fully beat, since I lost both Midele Crystal and Midele Red. Survivors are:
-Ditroll.
-Box 1:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_44.png

Mons from Box 1 that have been used at some point: Joke (Unown), Royal Shell (Cloyster), Alacran (Drapion, though he only was used at Battle Frontier) and Calabazin (Gourgeist).
-Box 2:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_45.png

Ingvar the Runerigus was the only Mon that has been used from this Box.
-Box 3:
Pokemon Midele Emerald_46.png

Mons that have been used here: Peli (Pelipper), Palindrome (Girafarig), Outlaw (Armaldo) and Prisrak (Gengar).
-At the Daycare:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_47.png

Rosellon the Roselia has been at the Daycare from level 1, so he has grown 87 levels there.

So, this is all. Was a fun run, hopefully everyone following this thread now SPAMs PMs to Shiyo so that he starts doing Midele Platinum. He is always saying that he won,t do it, but surely if someone has experience in designing Pokemon games, Shiyo will appreciate the help.

The end.

View attachment 372109

A Ditto with perfect IVs and Imposter. As a Nuzlocker, I can,t use him for breeding, but it can still be useful in battles, especially in post-game.
This, paired with a couple of speed tie victories, made it possible. Truly an amazing quest, just as the previous two Midele runs.

I remember Shiyo struggling hard when implementing Imposter: soft resets, glitches, nothing working at all...
Somewhere in 2020... Shiyo said:
este es el intento nº7 de poner imposter
This is the 7th try to implement Imposter

By the way, even though the Midele Emerald repository says FINAL in allcaps, we have been actually modifying Midele Emerald a bit in the last weeks. Don't know if we will release a version, we probably will. A new addition is a new (working) computer in the Cibercafé where you can start a battle against some random Midele trainer (from the ones with 6 mons, excluding the Micoliga members, as it is available as soon as you can challenge the Micoliga); this has led me to further test the AI and make some additional tweaks, so some of these trainers have become slightly more challenging; too bad I did not figure out before that this PC would be so useful for testing the AI, I only had the random battles to test it back then and there were almost no beta testers for the whole game.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
followed this run all the way through and was engaged the entire time. this is probably one of the very best, if not the best, challenges posted on smogon because you didn’t beat the game through gimmicks or exploits or bad AI (well for the most part) but rather through battling hard and strategizing and a bit of luck. and not the kind of strategizing as "let's counterteam whatever boss or leader ahead" but strategizing your teams and battles like a competative player would. and i suppose that's what made this nuzlocke so enjoyable for me. congrats on your incredible run and victory!

far more importantly that that is that a dewgong was featured in this run and it was the goat of all dewgongs while it was alive and thats all that matters :woop::woo::wo:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)