Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
Moveset:
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Earthquake

Explanation:
Leads off the battle with Sand Stream and Stealth Rock. Has instant recovery with Slack Off, EQ for STAB, and Roar to shuffle the opponent's team with SR and Spikes down. I chose him for the Sand and awesome defensive prowess.

Jellicent@ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Moveset:
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Surf
- Recover

Explanation:
Awesome spinblocker and all around ghost. Once again, instant recovery with Recover, Will-O-Wisp to burn physical attackers and halve their attack. Surf for STAB. Hex has 100 BP when it hits a pokemon inflicted with a status condition, making it more powerful than Shadow Ball.

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
Moveset:
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Explanation:
Specially defensive Skarmory. Careful nature and max SDef allow Skarmory to take neutral special attack with relative ease. Spikes to hurt switch ins, and Whirlwind to phaze and rack up damage from the hazards. Brave Bird for STAB and Roost to heal. It still takes physical attacks well due to its naturally high defense.

Blissey@ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 46 SDef
Moveset:
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Explanation:
Still the best special wall around. Chansey may have higher defenses with Eviolite, but Blissey can use attacks other than Seismic Toss; which is a massive plus. Softboiled to recover health, Seismic Toss for consistent damage, Ice Beam for Dragons and what not, and Aromatherapy to heal status from the team.

Starmie@ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 6 SAtk
Moveset:
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
- HP Fire
- Rapid Spin

Explanation:
I've decided to make Starmie more defensive since I needed a spinner whose role was not already taken. HP Fire for Ferrothorn that think they can switch in on Starmie. Recover to heal, Rapid Spin rids of hazards, and Hydro Pump for a little bite.

Landorus@ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SAtk
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- HP Ice
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Explanation:
Provides a solid sandstorm abuser and ground immunity. Sand Force powers up Stone Edge and STAB Earthquake. Rock Polish to double speed so I can attempt to sweep. HP Ice covers dragons and Gliscor. Life Orb for extra power.

I don't really get what the Hippo is doing for your team. Nothing benefits from Sandstorm and there are much better non SS leads in this metagame.

You have no ground resist, which is kind of a problem as SD Chomp / Any Landlos have no problem just spamming EQ. The only 2 that can put up any kind of defense are Ferrothorn and Hippowdon, Ferrothorn can't force either of them out (although Gyro can hurt it) and Hippowdon can roar. I suggest using Skarmory over Ferrothron as the water resist can already be covered by Chansey (since most are special attacks) and Starmie in a pinch. You also already have an electric resist on Hippow so it's not a huge problem.

I would also suggest replacing Conkeldurr (who is hurt by sand damage) with Excadrill or Landlos who both have great benefit to a sandstorm.

what the heck is the point of this team. I dont see how it works at all. You got a random sandstream user in there with nothing benefiting from it, you got like 3 walls who would all get their butts kicked by a conkeldurr that knows drain punch and payback. and you got two sweepers and one of them is a rapid spinner. What are you trying to accomplish here??????

Ok, I'll replace Ferrothorn with Skarmory and Conkeldurr with Landorus. The initial point of the team was to use sandstorm defensively.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will test them when I capture Landorus. Also, what is the best EV spread for a Careful Skarmory?

EDIT: I found it.

overall some nice changes although it is debateable whether or not you should have replaced ferrothorn i like what you did with the team

Skarmory does give me a ground resist and another phazer alongside the hippo. Sturdy is nice as well.

Jellicent should have will-o-wisp/recover/hex/surf. WoW causes burn allows him to survive physical attacks recover heals damage. Hex has 100 base power when the opponent has a status(burn) and surf for damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)