First 5TH gen UU

Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss, if combined with Scrappy, can hit everything, also Ghosts such as Spiritomb. 95-105-70 is a lot bulky, so the spread is all to boost SpDef. Stealth Rock is always helpful, Heal Bell because my team doesn't like burn or paralysis, while with Thunder Wave can spam paralysis reducing sweepers' Speed

Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Curse
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
The only UU in my team. It (my team) was going to be a RU one, but Mamoswine is too amazing to use something else. Minimum Speed to get an advantage if the opponent's team is a Trick Room one. Curse to get a good boost, Ice Shard priority, Earthquake for a perfect STAB coverage, Stone Edge for the EdgeQuake. 200 SpDef because Curse gives me +1 Def

Trait: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
Scarf + Jolly means i outspeed everyone, with the awesome coverage it has and Reckless can really kill everything. Earthquake because i don't find another good move

Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
The best wall! Mummy is so useful, Will-O-Wisp and CalmMind to boost myself, Cofa has something like 400 Def. Hex is 150 Base Power, considered STAB and the foe burnt. HP Fighting for coverage, vs Normal- and Steel-types. Should i try a more offensive spread?

Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
Spinner and Sweeper, what can i say?

Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Charge Beam
Awesome sweeper, Life Orb's damage is vanished by Magic Guard. Charge Beam can kill weakened foes and give me a free boost, Psychic is STAB (i won't use Psyshock), Shadow Ball for Ghosts, Focus Blast vs Steel- and Dark-types. Spread is always the same for Alakazam

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorrry I have not started gen5 yet but I can give you some brief overview. 5/6 of your team is a sweeper. That may not be a really good thing seeing that you only have one supporter. You are leaning towards hyper offense. You team doesnt set entry hazards nor does it have a phazer. Those two things are basic for most teams. Both the mummy poke (no idea what its called) are both pursuit weak. Maybe you can use the mummy poke as another supporter. The tepig evo is quite good by itself. I guess rapid spin on kabutops is for removing SR which would otherwise damage the tepig evo but its not worth it in my opinion. For the same typing you could get omastar (is this RU?) or something else to spin.

Sorrry I have not started gen5 yet but I can give you some brief overview. 5/6 of your team is a sweeper. That may not be a really good thing seeing that you only have one supporter. You are leaning towards hyper offense. You team doesnt set entry hazards nor does it have a phazer. Those two things are basic for most teams. Both the mummy poke (no idea what its called) are both pursuit weak. Maybe you can use the mummy poke as another supporter. The tepig evo is quite good by itself. I guess rapid spin on kabutops is for removing SR which would otherwise damage the tepig evo but its not worth it in my opinion. For the same typing you could get omastar (is this RU?) or something else to spin.
Miltank sets up Stealth Rocks, Cofagrigus (the mummy) is enough as wall, and i don't care about Pursuit weakness. About 5 sweepers, that's always my strategy :D
Mamoswine is UU
My team was RU, then i saw Mamoswine was very good on my team, now i edit the title

Cofagrigus(the mummy poke... lol) doesn't really function as a very good supporter due its rather shallow movepool. This thing doesn't even get painsplit(would be useful with base 58 HP). Emboar doesn't take too much from stealth rock due to its fire/fighting typing with the latter negating the 2x effectiveness.

You could replace earthquake with curse which raises atk and def but lowers spe(who cares with a speed stat like that) as the only things you're hitting for S.E. with it take almost the same from STAB reckless boosted Flare Blitz. Additionally, replace the scarf with leftovers and invest in HP instead of speed.

Cofagrigus(the mummy poke... lol) doesn't really function as a very good supporter due its rather shallow movepool. This thing doesn't even get painsplit(would be useful with base 58 HP). Emboar doesn't take too much from stealth rock due to its fire/fighting typing with the latter negating the 2x effectiveness.
I don't really care about movepool, Will-O-Wisp to take down every non-boosting-themselves physical sweeper, Calm Mind to have a great bulkyness, Hex is the STAB and HP Fighting so i mustn't switch when i'm against Normal-types even if i'm after 6 CM
You could replace earthquake with curse which raises atk and def but lowers spe(who cares with a speed stat like that) as the only things you're hitting for S.E. with it take almost the same from STAB reckless boosted Flare Blitz. Additionally, replace the scarf with leftovers and invest in HP instead of speed.
I really care about Speed! None expects an Emboar equipped with a Scarf, and its sweep is very helpful. With 123 Atk and Reckless to boost all its moves, is really killer

I don't really care about movepool, Will-O-Wisp to take down every non-boosting-themselves physical sweeper, Calm Mind to have a great bulkyness, Hex is the STAB and HP Fighting so i mustn't switch when i'm against Normal-types even if i'm after 6 CM
That's exactly what I was pointing out. I said that he's not a support pokemon but works effectively with the kind of set you're using for him. I use the same set myself, only I use chesto berry instead of leftovers and Shadow ball(may lower opponent's SDef) instead of Hex and use rest instead of will-o-wisp. I feel it's more reliable because will-o-wisp doesn't always have the desired effects(Specially based attackers exist). Also, guts pokemon actually look forward to will-o-wisp being used. This set lets cofagrigus get atleast 2-3 calm minds and still be at full HP, then further accumulate calm minds or just attack.

I really care about Speed! None expects an Emboar equipped with a Scarf, and its sweep is very helpful. With 123 Atk and Reckless to boost all its moves, is really killer
Curse boosts are pretty effective in the long run and leftovers are, well, awesome especially with recoil moves. And don't forget that there are other scarf users out there so you need to be prepared. Also, Choice items force switches which can be pretty bad for the team in general. But that's just my opinion. It's a pretty good strategy though, but once discovered can be countered. Anyway, good team and good luck!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)