Non-Pokébank OU First Competitive Team

Introduction

Hello~ I'm new here and I was wondering if I could get some advice on my team. This team is made for Doubles.

The Team

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Aqua Ring
- Toxic
- Protect
Though Vaporeon may be one of my favorite Pokémon of all time, that's not the only reason why it's on this team. Vaporeon has good bulk that gives it longevity. Scald is a really good move with its chance to burn its targets and because it gets stab. Aqua Ring and Leftovers are here to keep healing Vaporeon and help its longevity. Protect can be used to check for your opponents moves or to just simply protect it from an attack. And lastly, because Vaporeon has longevity, it also makes it a good Toxic user. While your opponent is slowly dying to toxic, Vaporeon will be protecting itself and keep its HP up with Aqua Ring and Leftovers.

Mimikyu @ Shell Bell
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Pain Split
Mimikyu is a Pokémon I've been debating about using for a long time. But because of its Disguise ability, I decided to use it as another Toxic user. Disguise almost guarantees a Toxic to go off by letting Mimikyu take 1 attack without getting hurt. With its 252 EVs on both HP and Def, I was trying to improve its longevity when Disguise has already been used. Play Rough and Shadow Claw are both strong moves that get stab with Mimikyu. Pain Split is a move I use as a "Recover" since it can possibly heal and deal damage to the opposing Pokémon. Shell Bell is used just as a Leftovers substitute.

Golisopod @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
Golisopod plays as a Physical Sweeper in this team. With the new ability Emergency Exit, this forces Golisopod to return after its HP has reached at least 1/2. This can be both good and bad. Good because you may need another Pokémon out instead of Golisopod and bad because you may still need it out on the field. To help with this problem, I decided to give it a Sitrus Berry. When Golisopods HP reaches 1/2 or a little below 1/2, the Sitrus Berry will be eaten and restore its HP high enough for Emergency Exit to not go off. Leech Life can also be used for this matter and also gets stab. Liquidation is a good water attack since it gets stab and has a chance to lower the opponents Def. Sucker Punch is used to kill off low HP Pokémon and Poison Jab is used to get rid things like Mega Diance.

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Cute Charm
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish
Clefable plays a support role and can be used as a one time cleric. I tried maximizing its HP and Def to improve its longevity so it can continue supporting with Follow Me. Moonlight is to heal Clefable when its HP gets too low, Moonblast so it can attack in case it gets locked out with Taunt, and Healing Wish for when Clefable is no longer needed.

Kangaskhan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Tomb
Though Mega Kangaskhan is preferred~ for OU, Kangaskhan is also good. Kangaskhan breaks walls, slows down the opponent, and gets them with Fake Out. With my Kangaskhan having 252 EVS on Atk and Speed, I wanted to deal powerful damage and fast. I went with an Adamant Nature to maximize its Atk to help Kangaskhan OHKO opposing Pokémon.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
Mega Aerodactyl is a fast Rock Slide user and that's what its role is in this team. Sky Drop gets stab and is used to slow the opponent down by a turn since the opposing Pokémon cannot attack while in the air from this attack. Dragon Claw is here to help deal some good damage to things like Mega Garchomp and gets a boost from Tough Claws.

Conclusion

The team has been working fairly well for me but that's the problem I have. It's only working "fairly well" and not great. I'm having trouble finding what I need to change or if there are any changes to be made.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Aqua Ring
- Toxic
- Protect

Mimikyu @ Shell Bell
Ability: Disguise
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Pain Split

Golisopod @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Clefable @ Assault Vest
Ability: Cute Charm
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish

Kangaskhan @ Muscle Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Tomb

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)