Gen 3 First Go at Offensive Team

Hello All!

As mainly a stall player, I have had trouble playing Offense before, however I am giving it another go, with this current team here.
The team is set around Houndoom and Scizor, two of my personal favourite Pokemon, and thus could probably be better but would rather keep these two Pokemans.

I don't have too much idea what Im doing in offense, so alot of the EV spreads are just straight from Smogon, and therefore could probably be tweaked better. I have doubts about Dutrio, or the lack of a real defensive backbone apart from Vaporeon, so I am thinking of replacing Magneton/Dugtrio with perhaps a WishPass Salamence, or Perhaps something to spin with.

Pokemans:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: RockHead
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Rock Slide
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Flying]

Standard CBAero, Played him in-game and loved him, just a really hard hitting lead/revenge killer

Houndoom @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: FlashFire
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Will-O-Wisp

Houndoom is part of the main core of my team. FlashFire helps a lot, and he is quite capable of Pursuit-Trapping. Special Attacker set here, gets STAB for all 3 moves, and WoW to cripple Salamence and so forth.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
-Agility
-Swords Dance
-Hidden Power [Rock]
-Silver Wind

Baiting Fire Attacks for Houndoom, and hopefully killing 1 - 2 Pokemans himself with a SD/Agility boost. Pretty average build, perhaps not the best Pokemon but I like him on the team.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: WaterAbsorb
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Toxic

The defensive Pokeman on this team, he walls things, Wishes for things, and deals some extra damage with Toxic. Surf is STAB and has a lot of coverage, however Im thinking of cutting Toxic for ice Beam for more coverage, but Im not sure.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: MagnetPull
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Deals with Skarmory and absorbs sleep. Its a defensive Poke along with Vaporeon, and is useful against teams without Skarmory as well with Pseudo BoltBeam and RestTalk.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: NaturalCure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Recover

Replaced Dugtrio with this powerful Special Attacker, mainly for its huge coverage, forwent Rapid Spin as I dont see Spikes in my meta nearly as much so Magneton is fine for dealing with Skarmory.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Not an adv expert but the team looks good to me. Not a very standard team but I like the Houndoom+Breelom+EQcurselax combo. The teams feels maybe a bit weak to random physical stuff like ttar, mence and curselax though, since if they get the chance to set up, even if just once, there is not much your team can do to stop them. D-E DDtar can be very problematic as well as Rock Slide DDmence. Of course, offensive teams are by nature more prone to DD sweeps but maybe you could drop Forretress since it's kind of dead weight and could let some pokemon set up for free. My suggestion would be to give Starmie Rapid Spin over Thunderbolt and give it a more physically defensive spread (i'd say make sure you give it 332 speed and split the rest between hp defense and spa), so that it can act as a semi Mence/TTar check in a pinch, as well as Metagross and Flygon. Instead of Forretress you could use maybe Metagross (for example Agi/EQ/MM/Explosion or CB) since it synergizes well with Breloom offensively and keeps the normal resist.

Another important weakness that comes to mind is Swampert since your team has basically nothing that can safely switch into it. Using HPgrass on Zapdos over Ice to cover it could be a good idea; keep in mind that twave will also put a last resort stop to ddmence and, in addition, Houndoom has a chance to wear down Celebi with Pursuit. You could consider Baton Pass over Substitute for this reason as well, since Sub seems to me that it's basically a filler.

Take these suggestions with a grain of salt though. Anyway, what will always work is trying out the team and get a feeling yourself of what seems to work well and what doesn't as much, but that's a matter of testing team and getting used to it. Maybe the defensive synergy could be improved a bit but the team looks fine to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)