Trait: Insomnia
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Charge Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Body Slam
Really a pokemon that is meant to sweep on this team. Shadow Claw is there to take out opposing ghost types and possibly those psychic types that could take out Banette itself. Mainly intended for slow Psychic types you deal with. Charge beam is to get the special attack boost, so you can maybe take out physical wallas as well.(I know this set sucks). I finally have Body Slam to get the paralyzation and take out those pesky special walls in the tier.

Lairon @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Curse
My main defensive wall in this team. He is designed to cripple other walls with Toxic, which would be walls that could potentially take out the team. Stealth Rock is there to do, well, you know what stealth rock does and to cripple pokemon like Swellow, which are often common in the tier. Iron head is a reliable stab move, and I picked it, mainly because of the flinching that it offers as an added effect. Curse is just there to raise defense and attack when I need it most..like late game.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Light Screen
- Facade
- Wish
This pokemon is there to be mainly the special wall of this team. She can go for the Scald and gets burns on sweepers that could potentially take me out, therefore ruining me during the battle. Light Screen is there to help me take those special hits even better and allows me to switch into pokemon that cannot take too many special hits, like me Eelektross, which I will talk about next. Facade is just there in case the event that I happen to get burned, I have a reliable move to help me even a bit more than Scald. Wish is there so that I can offer support to the other pokemon in my team, especially those frail pokemon like Banette,or Eeleketross.

Eelektross (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
The special Sweeper of this team, Eeleketross. Eeleketross can take out those pesky water types with his Thunderbolt. Flamethrower can be used to take out those grass types that can wall the other pokemon on my team, like Tangela for instance. Giga Drain gives me a free switch in on grass types like Golem or Golurk and I can gain the HP lost from Life Orb with Giga Drain, therefore healing a lot of my HP that I had lost. U-Turn is to keep the momentum going, so that I can switch into another pokemon safely without having to worry about getting attacked.

Sarah <3 (Flareon) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Fire Fang
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Iron Tail
One of the other attackers in my team, this pokemon is the bane of existence for Grass types or Ice types and steel types that cannot handle its wrath. Fire Fang acts as a good attacking move, one that can take out special walling grass types like Meganium, which could also pose a threat to this team. Double Edge is a reliable move that will guarantee KO on those pokemon iwth low health. It may have recoil,but it works. Facade is there to take out a lot of pokemon in the tier, as a guts boosted Facade is hard to resist unless the pokemon is very defensive. And finally Iron Tail is there for coverage, mainly to take out those pokemon that resist the above 3 moves mentioned.

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
Audino is just another physical wall to take threats from most of the physical pokemon in the tier. Having one weakness, she can exploit that very well, using toxic to cripple the other walls of the tier, like especially crippling Musharna if it is not the heal bell variant. Flamethrower is there as a coverage move in the extra slot and it helps Audino do damage to pokemon like Tangela. Reflect is there to raise the defenses of my team and there enable them to survive more physical moves and allow Flareon to switch in safely or Banette to take the game. Thunder Wave slows down their main sweepers or walls, allowing you to get a switch into a sweeper.

I hope you can bear through my crappy team..been 9 months and my battling skills really suck...lol XD

This is not a real team. I think we all know. So I can freely change almost all your team.
Flareon<Rabidash
Weird right? But rabidash is a bullet in NU. Decent coverage on types with a mega-blitz-charge. I really think it needs speed boost for a dream world, but Flash fire will do.

Banette<Haunter

Actually with eviolite it can take hits like a bastiodon except not really. Can use Toxic/Pain Split to wear down wall like no tomorrow.

I'm moble so ill just do a better rate tomorrow.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! You should head on over to Battling 101 if you are not confident in your teambuilding and battling skills. Most of your sets are also rather ineffective, and would not be able to stand up to the standard Pokemon in the metagame. Look into their roles as well, because you seem to be mistaking some of the Pokemon's roles and EV spreads (I assume physically defensive Audino hasn't been working since it's typing rather bad at tanking physical hits). If not, then the Strategy Dex will teach you about what certain Pokemon can and cannot do well.

Edit: Garchomp for president, you really should NOT change every member of his team. If it is necessary, then try sending them over to Battling 101 instead.

Hey. First of all, your Audino set is pretty weird. I would change it to the cleric set on Smogon. The set is below. Banette is not good in NU at the moment. I will second Garchomp for president's suggestion of Haunter over Banette. Also if you keep Banette, your set is very bad. Why would you use charge beam if you have a special attack lowering nature? I would use the normal Banette set. I would again second Garchomp for president's suggestion of Rapidash over Flareon. Lastly, I will suggest Bastiodon over Lairon. All sets are below!
Audino@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 4Def/ 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/ Thunder Wave

Haunter@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power(Ground)/ Pain Split

Rapidash@ Life Orb/ Choice Band
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Low Kick
- Drill Run/ Morning Sun

Bastiodon@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic/ Protect
- Iron Head

Welcome to Smogon! You should head on over to Battling 101 if you are not confident in your teambuilding and battling skills. Most of your sets are also rather ineffective, and would not be able to stand up to the standard Pokemon in the metagame. Look into their roles as well, because you seem to be mistaking some of the Pokemon's roles and EV spreads (I assume physically defensive Audino hasn't been working since it's typing rather bad at tanking physical hits). If not, then the Strategy Dex will teach you about what certain Pokemon can and cannot do well.

Edit: Garchomp for president, you really should NOT change every member of his team. If it is necessary, then try sending them over to Battling 101 instead.
I do get that...thank you very much.
But tell me how each of them are ineffective..I want to have more insight into the sets themselves. Obviously, I see the problem in Audino..and I will fix that of course

Edit : @Magical Magmortar : I wanted to be kinda unique and use Banette, so could you suggest a better set for it ?
I have used Haunter so much.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Banette:
Not that fast, so full investment and jolly is not needed/won't help. YOu are still outspeed by haunter, gardevoir and jynx that can all OHKO. That is why I suggest shadow sneak or sucker punch over charge beam, with an adamant nature. Spell Tag isn't a great item, especially if it only boosts one move, so I woul suggest leftovers or focus sash.
Lairon:
Lairon is so much better with eviolite, and can tank all non-fighting and ground moves. For ground and fighting moves, alomomola can handle them. I would also go roar over curse, as it doesn't make much sense to have a boosting move with only one attack. It can either be a support or set-up poke, it's almost impossible to do both.
Alomomola:
Set is not that good. It really cannot take electric or grass moves at all, even with full SpD support. Scald is a very weak move, waterfall is generally the better attack, otherwise, you are even more set-up bait than normal. Light screen could work, but it would need light clay to make it productive for your team. The instances to use facade really isn't that viable. I would suggest protect to ensure you are receiving wish, as high hp is needed. Also, 252 D over 252 spD.
Eelektross:
Very viable set, with volt switch over u-turn. Leftovers or expert belt to bluff specs could also work, as with more hp investment. Eelektross is also very slow to invest a whole lot of speed.
Flareon -->Combusken
Setting up with combusken ca be a win condition. Use Fire punch or flare blitz/protect/swords dance/sky uppercut with life orb or eviolite and speed boost. Can be deadly with a swords dance boost, and has better coverage than flareon.
Audino-->Lickilicky
Lickilicky is a very good special defensive wall, which you should use over audino or special defensive alomomola. Can use the standard set, or possibly use toxic over heal bell if you want.

Banette:
Not that fast, so full investment and jolly is not needed/won't help. YOu are still outspeed by haunter, gardevoir and jynx that can all OHKO. That is why I suggest shadow sneak or sucker punch over charge beam, with an adamant nature. Spell Tag isn't a great item, especially if it only boosts one move, so I woul suggest leftovers or focus sash.
Lairon:
Lairon is so much better with eviolite, and can tank all non-fighting and ground moves. For ground and fighting moves, alomomola can handle them. I would also go roar over curse, as it doesn't make much sense to have a boosting move with only one attack. It can either be a support or set-up poke, it's almost impossible to do both.
Alomomola:
Set is not that good. It really cannot take electric or grass moves at all, even with full SpD support. Scald is a very weak move, waterfall is generally the better attack, otherwise, you are even more set-up bait than normal. Light screen could work, but it would need light clay to make it productive for your team. The instances to use facade really isn't that viable. I would suggest protect to ensure you are receiving wish, as high hp is needed. Also, 252 D over 252 spD.
Eelektross:
Very viable set, with volt switch over u-turn. Leftovers or expert belt to bluff specs could also work, as with more hp investment. Eelektross is also very slow to invest a whole lot of speed.
Flareon -->Combusken
Setting up with combusken ca be a win condition. Use Fire punch or flare blitz/protect/swords dance/sky uppercut with life orb or eviolite and speed boost. Can be deadly with a swords dance boost, and has better coverage than flareon.
Audino-->Lickilicky
Lickilicky is a very good special defensive wall, which you should use over audino or special defensive alomomola. Can use the standard set, or possibly use toxic over heal bell if you want.
Well, thank you for this..I may take it into account, because this team does suck.

Here's the Banette set:

Banette @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk
IVs: 0 HP/ 0 Def/ 0 SpD/ 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Claw

The goal of the set is to get down to 1 HP with Focus Sash while setting up Trick Room. Next turn, you use Destiny Bond while attack so you bring them down with you.

Hope I helped and Gl!

Here's the Banette set:

Banette @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk
IVs: 0 HP/ 0 Def/ 0 SpD/ 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Claw

The goal of the set is to get down to 1 HP with Focus Sash while setting up Trick Room. Next turn, you use Destiny Bond while attack so you bring them down with you.

Hope I helped and Gl!
Yeah..you did help a lot !
THanks ^____^

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That set is more suited to a dedicated Trick Room team. Banette isn't too bad but it is completely outclassed by Golurk who sports a much greater Attack stat, better movepool and Electric immunity. Also, Charge Beam's only real use is for a free special attack boost, but your set doesn't have any other special attacks... Not like I'm recommending it on Banette anyway

Lairon is better with Eviolite as already mentioned. Lairon is more of a wall/tank than a sweeper, bear that in mind

Alomomola's main purpose is to wall physical attackers and support the team with Wish. In general, Light Screen on its own, especially without Light Clay, is not a good idea because it runs out fast, besides Alomomola has better things to do. Facade is actually terrible, since it only hits for 70 damage if Alomomola is healthy, and you generally do not want it to be statuses anyway. Try the standard set of Wish/Protect/Waterfall/Toxic and a physically defensive EV spread, due to its higher defense and typing making it more suitable as a physical wall.

Eelektross isn't too bad, except that investing in speed is pointless given its already low speed. You want max HP to tank hits better and a slow U-Turn to bring in something safely

Flareon's set isn't good. Offensive Flareon's is outclassed by Rapidash and it doesn't do a good job. Plus, your moves. Double Edge is pointless as it is outdamaged by Facade and the recoil + poison builds up. Iron Tail is not a good move in general because of lack of STAB and poor accuracy.

The others have already mentioned that physically defensive Audino isn't a good idea.

What you should do:
Banette --> Golurk
Air Balloon Lairon --> Eviolite Lairon
SpD Alomomola --> Def Alomomola, standard set
Max speed Eelektross --> Max HP Eelektross
Def Audino --> SpD Audino
Flareon --> Rapidash

Head over to battling 101, I'm sure you'll learn a lot there. Don't worry, everyone started as noobs.

Edit: Garchomp for president, Eviolte Haunter is honestly a terrible idea. If that's what you meant.

That set is more suited to a dedicated Trick Room team. Banette isn't too bad but it is completely outclassed by Golurk who sports a much greater Attack stat, better movepool and Electric immunity. Also, Charge Beam's only real use is for a free special attack boost, but your set doesn't have any other special attacks... Not like I'm recommending it on Banette anyway

Lairon is better with Eviolite as already mentioned. Lairon is more of a wall/tank than a sweeper, bear that in mind

Alomomola's main purpose is to wall physical attackers and support the team with Wish. In general, Light Screen on its own, especially without Light Clay, is not a good idea because it runs out fast, besides Alomomola has better things to do. Facade is actually terrible, since it only hits for 70 damage if Alomomola is healthy, and you generally do not want it to be statuses anyway. Try the standard set of Wish/Protect/Waterfall/Toxic and a physically defensive EV spread, due to its higher defense and typing making it more suitable as a physical wall.

Eelektross isn't too bad, except that investing in speed is pointless given its already low speed. You want max HP to tank hits better and a slow U-Turn to bring in something safely

Flareon's set isn't good. Offensive Flareon's is outclassed by Rapidash and it doesn't do a good job. Plus, your moves. Double Edge is pointless as it is outdamaged by Facade and the recoil + poison builds up. Iron Tail is not a good move in general because of lack of STAB and poor accuracy.

The others have already mentioned that physically defensive Audino isn't a good idea.

What you should do:
Banette --> Golurk
Air Balloon Lairon --> Eviolite Lairon
SpD Alomomola --> Def Alomomola, standard set
Def Audino --> SpD Audino
Flareon --> Rapidash

Head over to battling 101, I'm sure you'll learn a lot there. Don't worry, everyone started as noobs.

Edit: Garchomp for president, Eviolte Haunter is honestly a terrible idea. If that's what you meant.
Oh...so Eeleketross is meant to be invested in HP ? Alright..I wanted it in speed, but I guess that would not work. I like Banette and want to keep him on this team and I like the way he works. I do need to not use Air Balloon Lairon..I am not that much of a noob anyway. I like Alomomola, but I guess defensive is the best way to go. I was already corrected on how bad SpD Audino was, so I had to go with that.
I like Flareon, but obviously, it works better as a wall than it does offensive.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Scropdestroyer, first off, WhiteDMist already mentioned to do this, so repeating this fact is pointless. Also, saying someone is a noob-whether it's true or not, is not what you want to tell someone that is attempting to join the NU community. A self imposed declaration is fine, but it is plain out disrespectful from another person.

Hey Scropdestroyer, first off, WhiteDMist already mentioned to do this, so repeating this fact is pointless. Also, saying someone is a noob-whether it's true or not, is not what you want to tell someone that is attempting to join the NU community. A self imposed declaration is fine, but it is plain out disrespectful from another person.
^
Agreed.

no, not max hp. you run enough speed to get the jump on minimum speed alomomola, which you want to KO before it uses toxic or wish, then you dump the rest into hp. that's how speed investment works with slower offensive pokemon—you pick what you absolutely need or should outspeed, then you run enough to accomplish that.

anyway, i feel like i need to explain why this thread serves little purpose. rate my team is meant to be a subforum where you are aiming to improve your team that you have built, tested, and adjusted but still feel may need improvements that perhaps the community can offer. this is not meant to be where we teach you, in the fundamental sense, what's wrong with each and every one of your sets, and still end up with a mediocre team. everyone here is just aimlessly throwing out sets that are good for your team members, or sets of other pokemon that seemingly "outclass" whatever you have. this is information that is readily available here; aside from giving you sets, it can possibly tell you how effective such a pokemon is in the tier. using banette's analysis as an example:
... Banette has pitiful stats, meaning that he is often outclassed by other Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Golurk.
what everyone is trying to offer you here is not going to be as helpful as you think it may be. all you're getting here is "this set is better for x pokemon" or "y is better than x." okay, sure you now know that audino's set is horrible and you can change it accordingly, but the bottom line is that you will still end up with a poorly-built team. that is why you try to get out there yourself and look through the neverused subforum and the on-site analyses to gain a better overview of what you need to know. where battling 101 comes in is just a matter to guide you in the right direction to help you understand important concepts like win conditions, thinking through your moves, and building a functional team. knowing why charge beam is an absolutely shitty move on a banette, which has a mediocre special attack stat, an adamant nature, and no other special attacking moves, should become intuitive as you learn the more important general stuff that b101 and the other things i suggested can offer. this is why it's almost pointless to learn things on a case-by-case basis like what you're getting right now; try to get a better picture of basic things as a whole, and that'll help you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)