Big First Official Smogon Mafia Game: Metagame Mafia - Game Over - Anything Goes Wins!

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol

unvote macle

shade does bring up a good point with the whole Destiny Bond thing (I'm trying to think of an OU 'mon who uses it and I'm blanking though).

UncleSam Walrein Do we need a majority vote to lynch or only a plurality? If plurality then I won't bother voting for praj because of possible Destiny Bond mind games. If majority I'll throw my vote in if we end up needing it

lol

unvote macle

shade does bring up a good point with the whole Destiny Bond thing (I'm trying to think of an OU 'mon who uses it and I'm blanking though).

UncleSam Walrein Do we need a majority vote to lynch or only a plurality? If plurality then I won't bother voting for praj because of possible Destiny Bond mind games. If majority I'll throw my vote in if we end up needing it
there isnt

the only mafia who uses dbond is mgar

unvote acidphoenix
vote praj.pran

Just caught up.
WRT Destiny Bond I thought Wobb was still Uber but I just checked and it is not.
So yeah not too much of a Destiny Bond fear from mafia.

I just remember that Slim's ability may activate since I'm on him , and hes not on plur or anything so.
And since abilities etc may activate onto me, I would not like to vote on Praj
But then if we suspected Zorbes and Acidphoenix of being Mafia, why would they vote Praj? < Curiousity from me
Unvote Slim Guldo

So there's like 28 votes on Praj, Do you guys really think he fucked up or that we are getting played and the other 30 members of Mafia won't get him because of an ability? I mean this is my first time on a Mafia forum that I am a part of, I wouldn't even think of soft claiming anything.

So there's like 28 votes on Praj, Do you guys really think he fucked up or that we are getting played and the other 30 members of Mafia won't get him because of an ability? I mean this is my first time on a Mafia forum that I am a part of, I wouldn't even think of soft claiming anything.
This whole praj thing is fishy to me too but there's no way this gets resolved other than praj getting lynched. It's also clear that no other lynch is happening. Most of the others are probably going to lay off because their vote isn't needed. Everyone voting right now is willing to take the very small risk that someone has a Destiny Bond/Grudge/Memento ability and that it affects everyone on the wagon.

Starmie is versatile. Even with that claim we have no idea what praj is capable of. Attacking moves of a large variety of types? A support role in rapid spinning? I don't want to find out the hard way.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
His moves are apparently Rapid Spin and... Reflect? Not on my laptop to check what he told someone else. So I don't think it's Destiny Bond situation unless he faked which mafia mon he is.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to extend deadline one hour to 7 PM CST in order to allow me to get home and start processing actions prior to deadline so that update won't take as long. Basically update will go up about the same time it would've, just people can talk for an extra hour and wait for update for one less hour.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cycle 2
Subs due to inactivity or request:
THE_IRON_KENYAN has subbed in for Arun9332
sunny004 has subbed in for qsns
ToxicMahshroom has subbed in for Lord Gaius

You will receive your role information shortly.
---------------------------------------------------------
You all gather around poor praj.pran, who is just minding his own business on the beach.

'HE HAS A GEMSTONE IN HIS FACE' screams out someone, and before anyone can look around to see who said it a number of you had already started closing in on the poor fellow.

'LET'S RIP IT FROM HIS HEAD AND SELL IT FOR PokeSnacks!' cries the bloodthirsty mob of Pokemon.

The innocent child, realizing too late what is about to happen, cries for his life:
praj ♔pran ♔: don't lynch me
praj ♔pran ♔: PLEASE
praj ♔pran ♔: i am noob
praj ♔pran ♔: i will like all ur post
praj ♔pran ♔: on smogon

Alas, as thirsty as the crowd was for likes, they were more hungry for PokeSnacks.

As you converged, praj.pran made one last suggestion:
praj ♔pran ♔: can u like save me now
praj ♔pran ♔: kill l8r
praj ♔pran ♔: E

But no mercy was shown to this poor soul, and he was torn to pieces and the gem on his head sold for PokeSnacks.
UncleSam said:
Dear praj.pran,
You are Starmie.

Starmie's center section - the core - glows brightly in seven colors. Because of its luminous nature, this Pokémon has been given the nickname "the gem of the sea."

You can use Rapid Spin or Reflect Type each Cycle. If you use Rapid Spin, any entry hazards surrounding your target will be removed. If you use Reflect Type, you will copy the type of whoever you target.

You are allied with the OverUsed Tier. You win if the OverUsed Tier eliminates all others.
Well, now that that's over, surely we can get back to another lync...

oh

From the sky, a monstrous Pokemon comes flying down and descends on shade with a truly fearsome Dragon's Descent. It looks like not even shade's unparalleled Psychic powers could forestall this fate.
UncleSam said:
Dear shade,
You are Mewtwo.

A Pokémon created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon.

You can use Psychic each Cycle. Your Psychic abilities are so powerful that you will learn everything there is about anyone you target: his or her Role PM, any items he or she is currently holding, and his or her entire targeting history.

You are holding an Iron Ball. This greatly reduces the priority of any actions used by it’s holder.

You are allied with the Ubers Tier. You win if the Ubers Tier eliminates all others.
Another mafia death! Surely nothing could go wrong for The Rest!

Alas, it was not to be. Pidge barely had time to be happy about these events before he was Paralyzed, Hexed Sludge Waved, and tossed in a dumpster.
UncleSam said:
Dear Pidge,
You are Ambipom.

To eat, it deftly shucks nuts with its two tails. It rarely uses its arms now.

You can use Fake Out or Low Kick each Cycle. Fake Out can only be used on any individual once, but it will cause that person to Flinch, meaning that any votes made will be negated and any abilities used will fail. Low Kick will check the weight class of the target.

You are holding a Life Orb. While holding this any abilities you use will pierce protective abilities used on your target, but any protection you receive will similarly be negated.

You are allied with The Rest. You win if The Rest eliminate all others.
This wasn't the end, however; far from it.
Ditto was massacred by an Outrage.
UncleSam said:
Dear Ditto,
You are Ditto.

Ditto rearranges its cell structure to transform itself into other shapes. However, if it tries to transform itself into something by relying on its memory, this Pokémon manages to get details wrong.

You have the ability Imposter. This allows you to copy the abilities of another Pokemon each Cycle, which you may then use the next Cycle. You may not copy and use abilities in the same Cycle. However, your HP stat will remain at it’s pre-copied value, thus making you more vulnerable: protective abilities used on you will automatically fail.

You are holding a Choice Scarf. While you hold this your priority is boosted, but you cannot change targets.

Surely this was the end, yes?

No.
vonFiedler was massacred by a Focus Punch.
UncleSam said:
Dear vonFiedler,
You are Cloyster.

Cloyster that live in seas with harsh tidal currents grow large, sharp spikes on their shells.

You can use Shell Smash once in the game. Once you use this, you will gain fantastic offensive capabilities: your vote will be worth double it’s normal value, and you will be able to kill one person each Cycle by using Icicle Spear on him or her. However, once you use this, your defenses will drop harshly, and you will become so fragile that any attacking move will kill you. You know that if you ever come into possession of a White Herb, you will consume it upon using Shell Smash, and negate these negative effects.

PLEASE NO MOAR.

One moar.

macle got hit by a gigantic Return, and was finished off by a Psychic.
UncleSam said:
Dear macle,
You are Parasect.

A mushroom grown larger than the host's body controls Parasect. It scatters poisonous spores.

You can use Spore each Cycle. This will put your target to sleep.

You were all momentarily puzzled by the lack of macle being a frog before you realized that this is indeed a very sad day for The Rest.

It is with a heavy heart you reconvene to decide once more which Pokemon ought to be sacrificed to the masses.

It is now Cycle 2. Cycle 2 ends in 48 hours, or at 8 PM CST on Thursday, May 26th.

Results are going out now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)