ORAS Ubers First RMT: Mewtwo X Team

Hello everybody, my name is TheHoodedGamer, or psychodude11, here to bring you one of my teams. Now I'm fairly new to the concept of competitive battling, but this team has done quite well (as in from high 1200s to low 1300s). Now lets get on with it, shall we? Changes are in Bold.

In Depth
Mega Mewtwo X.jpg
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Ice Punch
- Iron Tail/Earthquake

I wanted Mewtwo to be the star of this team and the reason i chose it was because it had pretty good Attack and Speed. Mewtwo's role on this team is to punch holes into the opponents team for a late game sweeping. I have Low Kick for great damage to most of the tier, Taunt to stop opposing pokes from setting up, Iron Tail to get rid of fairies or Earthquake to get rid of Steel Types, and Ice Punch to do pretty decent damage to Dragons, Grass, Flying, and Ground Types.

Xerneas.jpg

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Aromatherapy
- Thunder
Next i wanted a good Special Attacker. Xerneas' role is for a easy set up sweeper that can get through most of its weakness very easily. I'm using Geomancy with Power Herb because it gives my Xerneas x2 SAtk, SDef, and Speed in just 1 turn. I'm using Moonblast as an obvious STAB. Hidden Power Ground to hit Primal-Groudon, Steel Types and those rare Electric types that don't have Levitate or Aromatherapy so my team isn't hurt by status anymore, and Thunder to hit Primal-Kyogre with perfect accuracy, HO, and other Flying/Water Types.

Arceus.png
Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
After the first pokes, I thought I needed an Arceus, and what better Arceus than ExtremeKiller Arceus? As I just said, Arceus' role is to be an ExtremeKiller extra win condition. I have Swords Dance for obvious reasons, Extreme Speed for obvious reasons, Shadow Claw to hit Ghostceus, and Earthquake for Primal-Groudon and for Steel, Fire, Rock, Poison, and Elecric Types.

Klefki.png
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough
I choose Klefki because it is a great status setter and a great spike setter because of Prankster. Klefki is here because it makes a great spikes/status setter. I choose Spikes because my team needs all the hazards it can use, T-Wave so Paralyze, Toxic to Poison and Play Rough for a attack to not be Taunt bait and for a STAB chance to lower Attack.

Giratina-Origin.png
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
Now for Giratina, my personal favorite Legendary Pokemon after Mewtwo. I choose The Origin Forme of Giratina because it is immune to Ground Type moves and it makes a great Defogger. I choose Toxic as another chance to inflict Status, Defog to get rid of hazards, Dragon Tail to hit out Set-Up Sweepers(Excluding Xerneas), and Shadow Sneak to hit with priority STAB.

Primal Groudon.jpg
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 184 SDef / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Last but not least, Primal Groudon. i choose him because he has very good typing. his role is to check other pdons and to get rocks up. he has earthquake for STAB and to get rid of other pdons, Fire Punch to keep the Fire STAB as a physical attack, SR for damage everytime the opponent needs to adjust his/her situation, and roar to annoy setup sweepers.

And thats the team. Feel free to leave your feedback on what i should fix :)

Importable: http://pastebin.com/rDwPpg6g

Last edited:
Hey TheHoodedGamer,
it is nice to see a team based around Mega Mewtwo X, but there is a different set I like more and which is more solid at all. It is the All out attacker. It hits much harder than the Bulk Up set and that is the result you want, sweep the opponent somehow. What I had in mind was this coverage: Lowkick, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Irontail. You will hit everything at least neutral and the Stone Edge is really Nice to lure Ho Oh, which is perfect for Xerneas because it allows him the sweep much easier when Ho-Oh is gone. Speaking about coverage and Xerneas, I would Like to See Thunder instead of Hidden Power Fire, because in the long run Thunder hits more important things in the metagame.

In my opinion Jirachi does not fit and the EVs of Groudon as well. I would like to see a second Kyogre switch-in and a ground resistence. To be honest if you have a Hazardcontrol it will help you a lot. The Pokemon I am talking about is Latias. The fact that it got her Souldew back made her the best Defogger in the metagame. Thanks to the specialboost it counts as the best Kyogre switch-in, right after Groudon. Groudon should have more special defensive bulk to take hits from Kyogre and Xerneas which seems rather problematic, because of the lack of Wish and Thunderwave on Jirachi.
I hope I was able to improve your team with some minor changes and I will edit my post with the sets whenever I am on my laptop.

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 184 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Last edited:
Hey TheHoodedGamer,
it is nice to see a team based around Mega Mewtwo X, but there is a different set I like more and which is more solid at all. It is the All out attacker. It hits much harder than the Bulk Up set and that is the result you want, sweep the opponent somehow. What I had in mind was this coverage: Lowkick, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Irontail. You will hit everything at least neutral and the Stone Edge is really Nice to lure Ho Oh, which is perfect for Xerneas because it allows him the sweep much easier when Ho-Oh is gone. Speaking about coverage and Xerneas, I would Like to See Thunder instead of Hidden Power Fire, because in the long run Thunder hits more important things in the metagame.

In my opinion Jirachi does not fit and the EVs of Groudon as well. I would like to see a second Kyogre switch-in and a ground resistence. To be honest if you have a Hazardcontrol it will help you a lot. The Pokemon I am talking about is Latias. The fact that it got her Souldew back made her the best Defogger in the metagame. Thanks to the specialboost it counts as the best Kyogre switch-in, right after Groudon. Groudon should have more special defensive bulk to take hits from Kyogre and Xerneas which seems rather problematic, because of the lack of Wish and Thunderwave on Jirachi.
I hope I was able to improve your team with some minor changes and I will edit my post with the sets whenever I am on my laptop.
So you want me to get rid of arceus for latias?

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Beaten to it by Steve Angello

Now I know how he feels

Following on from his rate, I think that lure Mega Mewtwo X is a good idea, as Earthquake in particular lets you lure Klefki and OHKO it for Xerneas. I do, however, have some minor moveset and EV suggestions. An EV Spread of 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe with a Bold Nature on Arceus-Water allows it to outspeed Adamant Rayquaza, with Ice Beam being used over Judgment to OHKO Mega Salamence and Rayquaza with, while being able to take repeated physical attacks from Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, with Toxic being great to cripple Latias and Latios, Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, allowing you to Recover stall them.

Next, I would run 248 HP / 52 SpD on Ho-Oh as this allows it to take +2 Thunder from Xerneas and retaliate back with Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. 40 EVs are general speedcreep and the rest goes into Attack, with an Adamant nature.

Finally, I think that investing in bulk on Mega Mewtwo X so that it can take a +2 Life Orb Extremespeed from Arceus-Normal after Stealth Rock is a good idea, as the only other thing on your team that can take a +2 attack is Xerneas. An EV spread of 4 HP / 116 Atk / 136 Def / 252 Spe allows Mewtwo to do this, and doesn't really harm its damage output very much.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 52 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 116 Atk / 136 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake

I hope that Steve Angello's rate + this one helps you improve your team, and good luck!

Hi,
I usually try to rate teams and suggest improvements with the minimum Pokemon changes I can afford to keep the identity of the player and his personal efforts so this is what I suggest and I give you a full pastebin at the end.
1)Mewtwo X: Set change with Poison Jab or Iron tail/Low kick/Stone edge/Ice punch. Unlike Steve Angello i think that Ice punch is essential for lati@s who walls you otherwise and that low kick does 180 on Groudon while earthquake 200 so it's not worth it running Earthquake.
2)Xerneas: Thunder instead of Focus Blast obviously since hp fire+focus blast is redundant and a slot waste.
3)Ho-oh: Adamant Nature instead of Jolly because without that you don't reach optimum stall breaking.
4)Arceus Water: I don't like this Arceus Water Defog set. it's completely hopeless against Groudon while Groudon is the best stealth rock user in the tier.I'm for a change to Judgment/Ice Beam/Wow/Recover this set deals with Extreme killer/Mega Kanga/Mega Salamence but make sure you don't overload it.
5)
You are horribly weak to Don i don't think Groudon is a Groudon check like you say so you need a Giratina-O instead of Jirachi and with Dtail/Toxic/Shadow Ball/Defog. I don't agree with Lati@s like Angello said since this Giratina can check both Ekiller/kanga/Lucario as well as Primal Don.Since you have 2 ogre checks you don't need Latias and this Gira set would help you ease off the pressure on Waterceus.
6)Groudon: A specially bulky Primal Groudon that checks Xerneas and make a good pair with Arceus water to handle primal ogre if needed.
7)Note that i fixed some EV spreads & natures.
This is the Pastebin of my modifications:
http://pastebin.com/pzJkDYZX
Finally as a good ladder player myself if you used the modified form you can easily reach around 1500+ so good luck.

so this is what my team has ended up at:

Mewthree (Mewtwo) @ Mewtwonite X
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Iron Tail

Such Horn (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

Much Pheonix (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 52 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

So Drizzle (Arceus) @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Jurrac Tyranno (Groudon) @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 184 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

I Like Souls (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Defog

Ice Punch is really bad, go for Earthquake, because you want to lure Klefki to open the doors for a Xerneassweep and I don't know how Latias walls the entire team! You have SDef Groudon, Xerneas and Ghostceus, I really don't know how Latias should be a problem. Nevertheless, it is better for your team if you put Thunderwave on SDef Groudon.

Ice Punch is really bad, go for Earthquake, because you want to lure Klefki to open the doors for a Xerneassweep and I don't know how Latias walls the entire team! You have SDef Groudon, Xerneas and Ghostceus, I really don't know how Latias should be a problem. Nevertheless, it is better for your team if you put Thunderwave on SDef Groudon.
I think roar would do better on SDef Pdon because it can force out set-up sweepers

Ice Punch is needed on MMX, not only to shove aside mence but also do beat Latis much easier. MMX itself should be run with spikes imo, it is a great anti Defog measure/Ekiller check when it runs Taunt/Ice Punch/Low Kick/filler. I feel this is MMX best niche in the current meta. If you want to add spikes, you can easily opt to replace Jirachi with Klefki.

Arceus Water and Ho-oh are also iffy on a team like this: MMX+Xern indicates going in a more aggressive route and you don't wanna play passive defog, Arceus-Water has a set that isn't very optimal and leaves it walled by Pdon. Speaking of Pdon, it pretty much 6-0es your team, you have nothing for double dance/rp and you give it a myriad of free turns by using Jirachi+Waterceus. I'd try to squeeze in Giratina-O somewhere.

You could probably go something like:

Klefki > Rachi
Giratina-O > Xerneas (you don't wanna double fairys on this build, it leaves you pdon and ho-oh weak)
Ekiller > Waterceus (more offensive presence)
MMX with Taunt/Ice Punch/Low Kick/filler > current set

If it were up to me I'd not use LO Ho-oh but that's preference question since both sets are rather good. Good luck building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)