National Dex First RMT of SS, need help with my Nat Dex AG team!

Eternatus @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Dynamax Cannon
- Recover

For killing Dynamaxers, breaking walls and stalls, and just generally getting my killy-kill on. I find it to be very effective in situations where it can hit super effectively (or neutrally against a less bulky mons) but it often seems to get caught out and revenge killed. I'm also not used to what coverage mons carry in this meta yet, so I've switched into hard reads and gotten nuked a couple times. I actually thought this was one of my strongest pokemon, but sometimes it seems to perform the least. Is a dedicated wallbreaker like this so useful on this team? Cause this mon is one I'd be open to changing.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse

Pretty epic setup sweeper. I have a lot of teams I play against where I can lead this off, set up, and just kill all of them. I will say that Origin pulse misses far too often for my liking. I'm also wondering if I actually need a third setup sweeper, given what's elsewhere in my team, but it's nice to have a special-based one. Ice Beam and Thunder seem to be the correct coverage, or at least I think so. I find that this mon can struggle against stall, for various reasons, but it still has a lot of potential and I would hate to see it go.

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash

God I love this pokemon, it's so powerful and... powerful. It just kills so many opposing pokemon, even without setup. Also strong priority is a must on teams, in my experience (although I do have another good priority move on this team, it's not this good). I find I can really only get it in coming off of a kill, which makes me feel like my team needs a pivot or something, but I don't know where I'd get one. Maybe I'm just using this mon badly? I also question the need for two physical-based setup sweepers, but I don't want to cut this or the other one because they're both so good. Is there a slot where I can fit in a suicide lead and go full HO or something?

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb

Maybe a bit of a holdover from Gen 7 but I love this guy as well. He can deal with setup sweepers multiple different ways and is just generally awesome. He's also my revenge killer de jure and can wallbreak against the right opponents. I'm kind of tempted to go with the Z-crystal+bulk up setup to make him a proper wallbreaker, but I already have a wallbreaker and 2 physical setup sweepers, so that seems questionable. It's also somewhat difficult for me to find situations to switch this guy in at times, no idea what to do about that.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Here's my taunter, and also my go-to mon for Dynamaxing. I went with the Naive nature specifically to outspeed Vivillon (you know the set I'm talking about) and taunt it turn 1. I can tank through a lot with Dynamax here, so I often find that I can Max Airstream a few times, then O-Wing a bunch once it drops off and get my HP back if I'm lucky. This guy also has the very significant advantage of Sucker Punch, which is hugely useful against a lot of pokemon, although it often does just a tiny bit too little damage, which makes me question if I need like 8 more Atk EVs or something.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Behemoth Blade
- Crunch

My favorite new toy from this generation. This mon is completely busted. It only takes one boost and he can plow through entire teams with almost no counterplay. I mean, 1000+ attack, 400+ speed, perfect neutral coverage, resistance to like every good priority move, Behemoth Blade for dynamaxers, what are you going to do? This is the only mon on the team I am completely unwilling to switch; if you want to recommend a complete restructuring of the team, I request that you base it around this guy. Even without the boost he's extremely powerful just from switch-in - I've had him sweep teams while burned.

Thank you for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! This team looks interesting, but it‘s got some gaping flaws. First of all, your team has no hazard control whatsoever, making it extraordinarily difficult for yveltal to come in more than once or twice. Secondly, it’s incredibly Ditto-weak, although that’s not really something that can easily be fixed, as most HO teams struggle with Ditto. Finally, Mega Lucario is just utterly unviable. It’s outsped and outclassed by so much stuff in Natdex AG. Your team appears to be Hyper Offense, so I’ll try to stick as close to that spirit as possible.

Major Changes

:ss/marshadow: —> :ss/excadrill:

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill provides your team with a dedicated Suicide Lead, something that it sorely needs in order to be able to effectively win. While removes Marshadow reduces offensive pressure somewhat, it’s tremendously helpful to be able to set stealth rocks on the opponent’s side of the field. In addition, exca provides some measure of hazard control, being able to spin away hazards set by opposing leads. Earthquake is chosen over Toxic to mitigate the otherwise crippling weakness to Substitute Zacian-C.

:ss/lucario-mega: —> :ss/rayquaza-mega:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

MLuc is pretty bad in Natdex AG because of its relatively low speed tier and firepower. Mega Rayquaza is almost strictly an upgrade, doing dramatically more damage to common meta threats, and notably OHKOing defensive Zygarde-50 after one SD. SD Ray is a really strong wallbreaker, and, in addition, is easy to improof, since it carries strong priority, forcing Ditto to use Extreme Speed to kill it. Since ditto’s then locked into espeed, it can be easily revenge killed by Zacian-C.

Minor Changes
:ss/Zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Wild Charge

This is a pretty minor change, removing Swords Dance for Substitute, and Crunch for Wild Charge. This allows Zacian to deal with omnipresent defensive threats such as Ho-oh, while also being (to an extent) self-improof, if it can get a sub up. In addition, an Adamant nature allows Zac to hit multiple key rolls, such as being guaranteed to 2hko defensive Groundceus with Behemoth Blade.
:ss/eternatus:
Eternatus @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Recover

Simply swapping Toxic for Sludge Bomb allows Eternatus to much more effectively pressure potential switchins such as Ho-Oh and support Arceus Formes, by dealing heavy damage without the PP restrictions of Dynamax Cannon, while also threatening poison. This isn’t a very major change, but it should help your team a bit.
:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Replacing Sucker Punch with Knock Off and Taunt with Heat Wave allows Yveltal to be a much stronger dynamax sweeper, capable of blowing through potential switchins like Zacian-C with a Max Flare, and destroying common special walls like Chansey and Ho-Oh with a physical Max Darkness off of Knock Off. The new EV spread helps to maximize Knock Off damage without compromising special firepower or speed.

:yveltal::eternatus::excadrill::zacian-crowned::rayquaza-mega::kyogre-primal:
Click the sprites for an importable!

Thanks a lot for the help! I knew there was a slot for excadrill in there somewhere. There's just two things I'm questioning: Sub on Zacian turns it from like the best pokemon into a semi-decent sweeper, in exchange for improof when with these changes I already have improof Rayray. In addition, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Eternatus now resist zacian's entire moveset, giving me an answer to ditto zacian?

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a lot for the help! I knew there was a slot for excadrill in there somewhere. There's just two things I'm questioning: Sub on Zacian turns it from like the best pokemon into a semi-decent sweeper, in exchange for improof when with these changes I already have improof Rayray. In addition, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Eternatus now resist zacian's entire moveset, giving me an answer to ditto zacian?
Etern does not resist behemoth blade, and after one SD, it's impossible for the team to handle a Ditto copying Zacian. Also, Zacian already has more than enough firepower to blow through most of the meta without boosting moves. If you don't like substitute, feel free to run play rough to better handle defensive zygardes.

Etern does not resist behemoth blade, and after one SD, it's impossible for the team to handle a Ditto copying Zacian. Also, Zacian already has more than enough firepower to blow through most of the meta without boosting moves. If you don't like substitute, feel free to run play rough to better handle defensive zygardes.
Thanks, that makes sense. One other thing: Eternatus can actually learn sludge wave, so does the extra 20% poison chance on bomb outweigh the extra 5 BP?

Geysers

not round
Thanks, that makes sense. One other thing: Eternatus can actually learn sludge wave, so does the extra 20% poison chance on bomb outweigh the extra 5 BP?
Yeah it does. Sludge Wave doesn't hit any important rolls that Sludge Bomb doesn't, if my memory serves me correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)