First RMT with my most sucessful team so far!

As stated in the title, this is my first RMT and its on a team that i have recently made and got my rating to 1600. Thats a good rating so far for me at least (I normaly do not ladder) Anyway, i just wanted to put this team up for rating before i get any higher on the ladder, so with out further ado here it is!

Team Building
So the very start of this team came together because of Musharna, the pink, chunky, dream elephant thing everybody loves.

Next, since i already had Musharna, i decided to put some of its best team members, Gurdurr and skuntank. Gurdurr is meant to destroy all dark types standing in his way which he does extremly well. Skuntank is meant to destroy enemy psychics so that they may not halt Musharna or Gurdurr's sweep.

Next for i decided to put on Alomomola because it is a good psysical wall and its wishes are greatly helpful, it can also toxic stall like a pro.

Next for a special wall, i found that recently roselia has droped down to NU At the perfect time too! So eager to try her out i put her on the team!

Now, i needed hazards and a spinner, because my core depends on switching into each other's threats. The best for this role would have to be Armaldo, who is my opinion the best spinner as it can handle spinblockers and other threats.

Full Team and Roles

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Psychic
Musharna realy got beter this time around as some things to threaten it got moved up to RU. Now that she has less things to worry about she can sweep teams even beter. No, but realy this pokemon is easily the one who puts in the most work normaly. Being pared with Gurdurr and Skuntank makes her shine that much brighter. Basic set, but i can afford to have heal bell as Gurdurr easily mach punches the darks to oblivion.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
Ah Gurdurr, how I love you so. This guy is the freakin man flexing his muscles, and when the enemy is blinded by the sheer amazingness he strikes! Mack punching all who stand in his way. (Ice punching ghosts :P) His two main uses are 1) To destroy all dark types, and 2) To punch holes in the enemy's defences so musharna can finish the fight. Again standard set but works extremly well.

Skuntank @ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
This is the pokemon im not to sure about, in battle he pulls the least weight in the whole team normaly. He is the most easily replaceable on this team. He is meant to stop psychics and also taunt stuff. Standard set, but i put poison jab dor the coverage, though i should just use crunch so i dont have to wait until they attack to kill them. Any tips on this could be helpful.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest
Roselia is a great addition to NU In my opinion, she has amazing defenses, reliable recovery and an AMAZING base 100 Special attack, even with no investment she can KO things other walls could not. I found this set by somebody who posted it on a discusion about roselia a few days back and let me tell you how good roselia is. She is really good and has her own niches just like Amoongus once did they both have their ups and downs but Roselia is a nice filler in that spot on any team.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic
The Physical part of the old Regen core still works alongside roselia not as well due to roselia's lack of regenerator, but it still works extremely well as anything that can break these walls can be played around or prevented. The secondary purpose for this guy is for wish passing and stalling out bulky threats. Pretty basic if you ask me so no more explaining needed.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
And last is Armaldo, and i cannot explin how perfect he is on this team, he can do some solid damage to dark and psychic types if needed as a backup check. Also he sets up my rocks and spins, which i said in the intro is very important for this team. He can dent all flying types not names bulk up braviary with boosts, which is needed ar they could go on a rampage without being checked. Overall i love Armaldo and IMO is the best NU spinner.

Thank you for taking your time to Read/Rate this and if you liked it make sure to leave a luvdisk :D Anyways, im still newish to NU but i do all the major threats and can handle myself. My teambuilding isnt that great, hence the sets all being from smogon :( Anyway I'll leave an import if anyone want to test this team out for flaws, or if you have used a team similar that will do. With all that being said im still new so dont be too harsh :3

Importable for all those "Testing" the team ;3
[Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Psychic

Skuntank @ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Trait: Regenerator
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor

*Team Edits*
Armaldo while being the Boss spinner he is has no key use in this team. DTC has helped me realize this and has provided me with the solution to my flying and ice problems, that pokemon is Metang.

Metang @ Eviolite
252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
-Stealth rock
-Meteor Mash
-Toxic/ Psych up
-Earthquake

Other sugestions have been made or aplied to the team, Ampharos, Regice, and rotom-H all could be used well on this team! Than you Raseri and Ium!

Nice team! It does have some issues with Flying- and Ice-types, though, most notably Braviary, Regice, and Articuno.

I recommend using Metang with Stealth Rock / Meteor Mash / Toxic / Earthquake to fix this. The EV spread for it is 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def, although you can run more Defense if you like.

Metang does an amazing job beating all of the troublesome Pokemon I mentioned. Metang is also fantastic in tandem with Alomomola, because Alomomola can heal it with Wish and they take care of some problem Pokemon for each other. It is also a good additional check to Pokemon such as Zangoose and Gardevoir, who while not huge threats to your team, are still annoying once certain Pokemon are removed. Teams that utilize 2 Psychic-types are pretty annoying for you right now, because they easily beat everything besides Skuntank which one of the Psychic-types can sacrifice themselves to kill it with Destiny Bond.

Now I know you said Armaldo was fantastic, but to be honest I can't really see it doing all that much for your team. Its Rapid Spinning abilities are not particularly effective for your team. You did a great job nullifying Stealth Rock with the Pokemon you choose. Spikes also do not do too well against you because Roselia can only set up on Alomomola, while it gets destroyed by all of your other Pokemon. Garbodor is a bit more annoying than Roselia, but it is less common with Roselia around and is still manageable.

Definitely try out Metang some time. Psych Up is a pretty cool option over Toxic to destroy SubBU Braviary, but it is less useful overall. However, if you find SubBU Braviary to be a gigantic pain, make the change.

Good Luck! Cool team man :toast:

Nice team! It does have some issues with Flying- and Ice-types, though, most notably Braviary, Regice, and Articuno.

I recommend using Metang with Stealth Rock / Meteor Mash / Toxic / Earthquake to fix this. The EV spread for it is 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def, although you can run more Defense if you like.

Metang does an amazing job beating all of the troublesome Pokemon I mentioned. Metang is also fantastic in tandem with Alomomola, because Alomomola can heal it with Wish and they take care of some problem Pokemon for each other. It is also a good additional check to Pokemon such as Zangoose and Gardevoir, who while not huge threats to your team, are still annoying once certain Pokemon are removed. Teams that utilize 2 Psychic-types are pretty annoying for you right now, because they easily beat everything besides Skuntank which one of the Psychic-types can sacrifice themselves to kill it with Destiny Bond.

Now I know you said Armaldo was fantastic, but to be honest I can't really see it doing all that much for your team. Its Rapid Spinning abilities are not particularly effective for your team. You did a great job nullifying Stealth Rock with the Pokemon you choose. Spikes also do not do too well against you because Roselia can only set up on Alomomola, while it gets destroyed by all of your other Pokemon. Garbodor is a bit more annoying than Roselia, but it is less common with Roselia around and is still manageable.

Definitely try out Metang some time. Psych Up is a pretty cool option over Toxic to destroy SubBU Braviary, but it is less useful overall. However, if you find SubBU Braviary to be a gigantic pain, make the change.

Good Luck! Cool team man
When i put Armaldo in he was merely a filler because I couldnt find much else to fit in and he did. But i do love that metang idea and will be putting it in my team right away! A few Rocks couldnt hurt much at all. :D

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I got your request for a rate, so here I am. Overall, this is a pretty standard bulky team. DTC has already given you a good rate, so I'll give you only a couple of suggestions to back his up.

Your team does have trouble handling Ludicolo properly, since Roselia can only 2HKO with Sludge Bomb. Gurdurr handles it well enough, but your current EV spread is a bit odd as well. Gurdurr may be more Specially bulky this way, but the loss in physical bulk is significant. Perhaps you should stick with the standard 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef EV spread and simply use a Careful nature. Of course, I don't know the reasoning for your spread, so if you explain it in your RMT you can really help us raters rate better.

As for Ludicolo and powerful Water types in general, you can always give Skuntank a faster EV spread to outspeed Ludicolo and Samurott outside of Rain. Sure, you don't take Signal Beams and Focus Blasts as well anymore, but many Psychic types have a strategy to handle Skuntank now. You still check them pretty well along with Metang and Musharna. Incidentally, it does let you Taunt SubBU Braviary before it can do any of its shenanigans.

Changes:

Skuntank: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Gurdurr: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef Careful nature

I will say that this team doesn't really need to be changed very much to handle most of the metagame. You can add more offensive power (like Cacturne over Roselia) to this team, but that can be a job that another rater takes on. If I think of anything else, I'll mention it here!

Thank you for the rate and i love all the changes, the resoning i had my spread like that was to take special hits really well, while being able to setup on them easier, but i will edit the spreads as they look alot more useful.
*Edit As for skuntank i love the idea of shutting down sub bulk up braviary!
Thank you for wonderful rate once again and have a nice day.

musharna / gurdurr / skuntank / roselia / alomomola / armaldo

you're actually very weak to substitute + bulk up braviary. it sets up on half of your team rather easily while the rest of your team has trouble keeping up with braviary once it gets its momentum going. specially-based offensive water-types are also a little troubling; although you have two priority users, they can still dent your team and easily 2HKO roselia with ice beam. i definitely agree with the fast spread on skuntank since outspeeding ludicolo when rain isn't up and being able to taunt braviary gives you better leverage against them.

now i'm actually having trouble thinking of how to fix your team without tampering with the synergy too much, but i think fitting rotom-s over gurdurr is your best bet in order to check gorebyss and substitute + bulk up braviary better. gorebyss can't outspeed at +2 while braviary can't do much without boosting quite a bit; both will take huge damage in return. it also threatens a slightly weakened ludicolo outside of rain if needed.

while having priority and a choice scarf user is nice, i would also test out 3 attacks + thunder wave regice over roselia to actually have something to switch into a hydro pump or surf. gorebyss and ludicolo can only do around 50% after setting up with shell smash and rain dance, respectively. regice OHKOs gorebyss and 2HKOs or thunder waves ludicolo in return. another cool thing is that regice can check offensive articuno and other regice as dtc has pointed out. also, since regice has the ability to put a stop to many special attackers, you can catch many other things that would normally switch in against it with thunder wave as well. the reason why i'm choosing this over a rest + sleep talk set is because alomomola can provide wish for regice.

summary:
musharna / rotom-s gurdurr / skuntank / regice roselia / alomomola / armaldo

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Trick

Hey TeraVoltage, this is a really solid team you have here. Pretty standard, but it works.

When I look for threats, there are three that really stand out. SubBU Braviary, Ludicolo, and Gorebyss.

Roselia can check the latter 2, but will ultimately lose. SubBU Braviary is a real threat, as it can set up on Roselia, Alomomola as well as force Gurdurr out. Once it gets going it will be really hard to stop, as if you use Armaldo you have to rely on hitting a lot of Rock Blasts every turn, and will lose eventually. Metang fares better, with Psych Up youll have no issues with SubBU. But Armaldo is a nice failsafe against a lot of threats.

What I'm going to suggest may seem a bit unorthodox, but i believe it will definitely help you out. I believe that a bulky Ampharos with Thunder Wave will help you out against all of these threats. It can switch take on Ludicolo and paralyze it, so that other teammates can take it out. It can also defeat subBU braviary with ease, as Tbolt will never fail to break its subs. It can also act as a check to other versions of Braviary, as static tends to activate at convenient times. Don't switch it into Return though, that won't end well. Gorebyss is a bit tricker to handle, as LO Hydro Pump versions defeat you at +2, but you can defeat any other combination of Gorebyss easily. There are a few options you have with the moveset, Thunder Wave and Tbolt are givens, but after that you can choose 2 of Heal Bell, Hidden Power Grass, HP Ice, Volt Switch.

I believe that the following set will end up being the best for your team:

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power Ice

HP Ice can also let you hit Ground-types that switch in, as well as Dragon-types like Altaria. Heal Bell is redundant with Musharna on your team, so I suggest replacing Musharna's Heal Bell with Hidden Power Ground in order to defeat Skuntank easier.

Good luck with your team!
SpDef Ampharos > Roselia
HP Ground > Heal Bell on Musharna

Yay so many options to test now! Ok @Raseri i will definetly test out that Ampharos it fits all the stuff roselia did and patches up a weakness in my team. I just love it! And, @ium I like those changes too if i use armaldo instead of metang then regice will indeed handle all that ice weakness. I think i will make 2 diferent variants of the team and see how they fare. Thank you for the rates guys, if i didn't rmt this i would have never seen the ice weakness!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)