SM OU First Sun/Moon OU Team

Hello there!

I haven't been having as much success as I would like in Showdown!'s OU playlist, and I was wondering if my team was the problem.
I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm very new to competitive battling (only really having gotten into it at the very, very end of Gen VI), but I wanted to know if my team can stand up to the current meta.

Here they are! I'll post the sets for each mon and my explanations for my choices. This team is copied directly from Showdown!, so apologies if the formatting is wrong.

Mimikyu @ Normalium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Splash
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Leech Life

Standard Mimikyu Z-Splash build. Considering replacing Normalium Z with a life orb and Splash with Swords Dance, so in case he gets roared out or I need to switch than all his stat changes don't go away.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Wish

I've always been told that I should replace her with Toxapex, but Wish has proved surprisingly helpful in keeping my team alive. She's my only fire-resist, and being physically defensive might not help eat up Flamethrower or Fire Blast, but I've had far more success with Bold Vaporeon than Calm Vaporeon.

Tsareena (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trop Kick
- U-Turn
- Play Rough
- High Jump Kick

Tsareena, as far as I'm concerned, is the poor man's Tapu Lele. The build I've gone up against is Tapu Lele with a choice scarf to outspeed opponents and stuffing their priority moves. Also, access to Trop Kick has helped me stop physical attackers and take down Gastrodon, Mamoswine, or other Ground and/or Water-type bulk.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Lum berry may seem a strange choice to some, but I have had more success with it than the standard Persim Berry. I vastly prefer it to Persim berry because it's more useful in that it keeps him in the game through will-o-wisp, toxic spikes, effect spore, and the like.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

HP Fire is for Kartana, Scizor, and Celesteela (which are all conveniently trapped by Magnet Pull) and also good if my opponent is predicting a Thunderbolt and switches into Garchomp, Mamoswine or Gastrodon. Also, the fact that it's both special and Fire helps me make quick use of Bewear.

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Standard Mega Alakazam build. Nothing special. I picked Energy Ball over Shadow Ball; the alternative to SB is Grass Knot, but that doesn't help me very much against Carbink, Palossand and Politoed. Also Energy Ball can damn near OHKO all of the Ground/Water-type walls I mentioned earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)