SS OU First time teambuilding instead of stealing sample teams. Criticism would be much appreciated.

Weavile Team:

:ss/Weavile: Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

This team is actually built around Weavile as Ice STAB is very good in a metagame filled with Tornadus-T, Lando-T and Garchomp. Triple Axel as it's Ice STAB, Knock Off is always a good move to have, Ice Shard for priority and a good way to deal with DD Dragonite. Low Kick is only for the popular Kyurem.

:ss/Dragapult: Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Initially, LO Nidoking was in the team. However, I replaced King with Pult as I need Dragon STAB to deal with the pesky dragons in the tier. Shadow Ball for Ghost STAB, Draco Meteor for Dragon STAB, Fire Blast to deal with Ferro and U-turn does switch move things.

:ss/Kartana: Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Speed control for the team. Kartana does it's job as a revenge killer very well. Leaf Blade and Knock Off are must haves. Smart Strike is useful against Clef, Azu, Koko and Lele. Sacred Sword for Ferro.

:ss/Tangrowth: Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

Tangrowth is heavily underrated and should be used more often. It is my physical wall who checks Lando-T, Rillaboom, Kartana and Excadrill.

:ss/Slowking: Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Teleport

Special wall. Instead of using Future Sight, I prefer Ice Beam to deal with defensive Lando, Garchomp and Dragonite who is a threat to my team. Teleport for momentum, Slack Off for recovery and Scald to spread burns.

:ss/Heatran: Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This EV spread is for outspeeding the standard specially defensive Heatran set by one point. Stealth Rock as my only hazard, Taunt for Blissey and Chansey, Earth Power for opposing Heatran and Magma Storm for trapping and to deal with Corviknight.

Threats:

1) :ss/Dragonite: Dragonite

The most threatening mon to my team. One DD and without Slowking in full health or Weavile still alive, it is basically game over unless the opponent chokes the game.

2) :ss/Kyurem: Kyurem

Usually, Slowking are sent out against Kyurem. However, a well-played Kyurem (especially Specs) wrecks my team with Freeze Dry + Focus Blast + Earth Power.

3) :ss/Zamazenta-Crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned

I know Zama is not in OU yet, but I faced many Zama teams during the Suspect Test and was having trouble. Tangrowth is my only answer and if it faints, Zama with Screens support will destroy my team.

I would definitely appreciate any team improvements and advice as I am no expert teambuilder. Thanks in advance! This is my first ever post in the forums, so if I had accidentally broke some rules, I sincerely apologise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)