Greninja (Yokozuna) @ Expert Belt
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Mat Block
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Spikes

An odd moveset for an offensive Pokemon like Greninja wouldn't you say? It is gimmicky I will admit but the whole idea of this Greninja is the move Mat Block. If used on the first turn then it protects your team from all damaging moves (even your own). So this means my team gets a turn free of damage if the attacking Pokemon isn't faster than Greninja. Spikes is mainly to turn Greninja into a Ground Type, which works well with Thundurus who is slower than Greninja and can therefore safely fire Discharges without hurting Greninja. Icy Wind provides support to Pokemon like Gardevoir, Heatran and Rotom-W who want to deal damage to slower Pokemon. Finally Scald is the basic attacking move that can leave opponents burnt.

Thundurus (Enel) @ Red Card
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster
- Discharge
- Taunt
- Swagger
- Substitute

Enel, the god of FU. Designed to lead with Greninja. Taunt is to stop anything that even thinks about setting up Dual Screens, Trick Room or anything of the sort. Greninja can handle potential Ground Types with Scald that Thundurus cannot deal with on his own. Otherwise, a paralysed foe that is also confused thanks to Swagger cannot deal with the situation and will normally switch out, whilst meanwhile Thundurus has set up a substitute. Red Card is a surprise factor.

Landorus-T (Whitebeard) @ Yache Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 24 HP/ 232 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

Whitebeard makes a wicked combination with wither Thundurus or Rotom-W. Better with Thundurus as Landorus-T can aid the pain by flinching foes with Rock Slide. DisQuake is a common combo yet effective. There are potentially 4 Pokemon that are immune to Earthquake (including Heatran with Air Balloon and Gardevoir before it Mega-Evolves). Knock Off is to surprise anything that benefits from an item. It surprises Slowbro and opposing Landorus. Yache Berry can be replaced. Open to suggestions.

Rotom-W (Tsuru) @ LeftoversNature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 SpA
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Another Pokemon to spam Discharge and be immune to Earthquake. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple powerful threats like Mega-Kangaskhan and Mega-Metagross who are better off burnt than paralysed. Hydro Pump hits Landorus and Gliscor for good and Protect is a staple for Doubles. The EV's are boosted in Def to take physical hits easier on the switch and cripple them next turn.

Heatran (Akainu) @ Air Balloon Nature: Calm
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 196 HP/ 252 SpD/ 66 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect

Heatran is here to give hell to Amoonguss. Air Balloon is chosen to be able to switch in on Landorus's Earthquake with little fear. Toxic is to cripple Mega-Slowbro, Cresselia and other Bulky Water types. The EV Spread is designed for Heatran to be some sort of a special wall seeing as Rotom-W and Greninja will burn things anyway. Lava Plume would be the number one choice over Heat Wave but it comes at the risk of buning my own Pokemon. Even Rotom-W doesn't like the burn due to the residual damage cancelling out Leftovers. Protect is a must for Heatran as it is not immune to Discharge or Earthquake (without Air Balloon for the later)

Gardevoir (Nico Robin) @ GardevoiriteNature: Modest
Ability: Telepathy
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Protect

The finishing/main sweeper of the team. Due to the high amount of speed control on the team, it is safe to run Modest over Timid for extra power. Hyper Voice becomes a Fair Type after Mega-Evolving and hits both opponents for incredible damage. Most notably it smacks Mega-Salamence right where it hurts most. Psyshock hits Amoonguss dead and Focus Blast is an option to hit Tyranitar and somewhat hurt Mega-Metagross. Telepathy is the preffered ability as it lets Gardevoir switch in on Discharge and Earthquake with no problems before Mega-Evolving.

Please rate with honest opinions

Everything seems fine, but that Greninja...(shivers) First thing about VGC, there isn't enough switching for hazards to be effective. Icy Wind is a bad move on Greninja because he's too frail to use it effectively. I'd recommend Ice Beam and Dark Pulse/Gunk Shot over the two moves. Another thing about Greninja is either he KOs or is KOed so for the item, run Focus Sash or Life Orb.

I saw this team and literally shuddered how threatened it look on paper. But, when going in-depth and actually reading the analyses of each of the pokemon, I came across a few things that could of been changed to make it better.

First of all, that Greninja is... literally fabulous. However, as the previous user said, it doesn't have the bulk to live hits as well as other pokemon do. But, this can be easily solved by running a bulky Water Type, which means that a solid answer is Blastoise. The Protean Spikes is useful for discharges and Mat Block is very handy, it doesn't make your team immortal. Status from opposing pokemon such as Rotom-W or Ferrothorn's Leech Seed can really impact your pokemon. However, when it comes to Blastoise, it is able to live up the Bulk to take on these threats one-on-one. Also, it does get support moves such as Icy Wind and Fake Out, meaning that it supports your team in a similar role. Unfortunately, Follow Me isn't allowed in VGC, but it can work regardless. This pokemon isn't hugely common, but has success with me on some teams that i've made.

I made the EV spread myself, with enough defense to take a LO Talonflame's Brave Bird and only have a small chance to be 2HKO'd.

Now, there are a few minor changes that I think would benefit most to your team.

1. Replaced Modest > Timid on Mega Gardevoir. Gardevoir needs that speed to outspeed certain threats such as Unscarfed Landorus as well as Speed Tie-ing with Base 100 Pokemon, which is a very common speed tier.
2. This is completely up to you, but I suggest that you use Shuca Berry > Air Balloon on Heatran. I agree with using Air Balloon and it would work sometimes. However, with the abundance of Spread Moves, Heatran won't be safe switching in most of the time in fear of a Rock Slide/Surf/etc.
3. Change Rotom's spread to 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 SpD with a Calm Nature, as Wil-O-Wisp generally patches up its Physical Bulk.

Another thing. Aromatisse Trick Room Teams can give your team a huge amount of shit if not played properly, as it is immune to Taunt, as well as its partner. Swagger can probably take care of it, but you can't be too sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blastoise @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Muddy Water / Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)