First XY OU team

Hello

This is my first XY OU team. I played quite a lot in gen 5 and I thought PS was a fun plac to be and battle. This team is a Hyper Offense team based around Dragon Dance Dragonite. Its teammates help it in different ways such as setting up hazards and luring in counters and set-up bait pokemon. So anyways, let's get to the team.

AT A GLANCE

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 Spd / 212 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Choice Band Azumarill works both as a wallbreaker and a switch-in to Dragon-Types as well as luring in pokemon which Dragonite can set up on. Aqua Jet makes it able to revenge kill Terrakion and stuff like that, Waterfall is a more powerful STAB option, Play Rough gives a secondary STAB move which can crush Dragons and Fighting-types and Superpower is used mainly for Ferrothorn.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

The main star of the show, Dragonite is one of the most powerful pokemon in the game even with fairies running around. I run Dragon Claw instead of the Outrage because I don't want to be locked in against fairies after killing something, Fire Punch covers Steel-types, Earthquake covers Steel-types not weak to Fire (basically Heatran) and Dragon Dance gives this thing the speed and power it needs.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Trick

My first revenge killer and second win condition, Scarf Jirachi. This thing covers most offensive threats and when in a bad situation, you can always try and flinch hax your opponent to death. Iron Head is a good STAB which can flinch opponents, U-Turn gives me momentum, Ice Punch deals with Dragons and Trick can be used to cripple defensive switch-ins to this hax monster.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

My second revenge killer which is mainly used to cripple walls by Tricking the Scarf to them. Rotom-W is a great pivot which can force out many things due to his amazing typing and Ability. Volt Switch is used to get momentum, Trick can cripple many things, Hydro Pump is the only option for a Water STAB, and Thunderbolt gives me more power than Volt Switch when I need it.

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Probably the 2nd most useful thing on the team, Deoxys-D provides entry hazards which every Hyper Offense team needs. This set looks like Taunt bait but if you Magic Coat the Taunt against i.e Thundurus, you're in a great position to get up at least SR+2 layers of Spikes. This things does a great job at preventing the opponent from getting his hazards up which is really important when you have a Dragonite.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

My last guy is Aegislash. Its job is to block Rapid Spin and to lure in walls like Skarmory and kill them with this mixed set. King's Shield is a necessity on Aegislash to get your defenses back when you are threatened, Shadow Ball kills things which normally can handle it, such as Skarmory, Shadow Sneak provides priority which can be crucial to finish off weakened pokes and Sacred Sword gives unresisted coverage together with Ghost-type moves.

So this my first XY Ou team

Please Rate

Hi ReshiRampage,

This looks like a pretty cool balanced offensive team here.

In addition, your team looks weak to Aegislash. Aegislash can easily switch into Deoxys-D or Jiarchi and start spamming Shadow Ball. Three out of six of your Pokemon are weak to dark and ghost-type moves( Deoxys-D, Jirachi, Aegislash), and the rest of your Pokemon don't have the bulk or typing to be continuously taking Shadow Balls.

With that many dark-type weaknesses, Bisharp also looks pretty problematic for your team. Azumarill is the only Pokemon that can take a Life Orb-boosted Knock Off, tank a Sucker Punch/Iron Head and KO Bisharp back.

Therefore, I think you should try using an Assualt Vest Heatran over Jirachi with Fire Blast, Earth Power, HP Ice and Ancient Power. With an Assault Vest, Heatran can switch into Aegislash's Shadow Ball pretty easily and KO back with Fire Blast. Heatran also can tank a Knock Off from Bisharp (not switching-in directly though) and KO with Fire Blast/Earth Power. Earth Power and HP Ice give Heatran good coverage, while Ancient Power helps Heatran to check Charizard-Y and Talonflame.

On Rotom-W, I would go with a Timid Nature and HP Ice over Trick. A Timid nature is necessary to outspeed DD Mega-Gyarados before it can KO with EQ and for outspeed other Scarfers like Scarf Diggersby. Although Trick is good for Ferrothorn, HP Ice is more useful because it gives Rotom-W better coverage, allowing it to hit opposing Dragonite and KOing Landorus-T without risking a Hydro Pump miss. In addition, I would go with an EV spread of 252 SAtk / 128 Spe / 128 SDef, giving Rotom-W enough speed to adamant outspeed DD Gyarados, and dumping the rest in special attack and HP.

On Dragonite, I would use an Adamant Nature, as the extra speed doesn't really help Dragonite much and the extra power is more useful for taking down weakened checks (ex. Sylveon) with Earthquake.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Ancient Power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)