Fish Mafia: Game Over! [Village / Neutrals win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ch, like it's not easy as hell to fake a log. Besides, if it is real, why aren't we voting for askaninjask, who openly admitted to working with Mafia? Then again, the better question is why we aren't voting for you. Maybe before you go around pointing fingers, you should focus on giving us one good reason to trust you, because you're looking pretty suspicious to me right now.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ch, like it's not easy as hell to fake a log. Besides, if it is real, why aren't we voting for askaninjask, who openly admitted to working with Mafia? Then again, the better question is why we aren't voting for you. Maybe before you go around pointing fingers, you should focus on giving us one good reason to trust you, because you're looking pretty suspicious to me right now.
WOULD YOU LIKE A REASON TO TRUST ME? OK, HERE GOES. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT I'VE BEEN YELLING THIS ENTIRE TIME? THIS IS MY POSTING RESTRICTION. IT IS THE OPPOSITE OF MORDOCK'S, WHO WAS A VILLAGER. LOGICALLY, I AM VILLAGER.

WANT ANOTHER? IF YOU NOTICE IN MOST OF MY POSTS, I COMMENT ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT. WHY MIGHT THAT BE? BECAUSE I'M THE ANNOUNCER. I DID THAT AS A NOT-SO-SUBTLE HINT THAT I WAS ANNOUNCER SO THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE TO PUBLICLY CLAIM IT (NOT THAT IT EVEN MATTERS AS IT IS A SHIT ROLE.)

TO ADDRESS YOUR POINT ABOUT NOT LYNCHING ASKANINJASK: WHY WOULD WE LYNCH HIM WHEN HE IS A USELESS NEUTRAL? YES, HE IS USELESS. ALL HE CAN DO IS VOTE. RBG, HOWEVER, IS A RUTHLESS KILLER (THOUGH NOT VERY ATROCIOUS) SO IT IS ONLY LOGICAL TO LYNCH HIM.

IF WE DO NOT LYNCH HIM, WE LOSE THE GAME. IT IS LOOKING BLEAK AS IT IS. RIGHT NOW YOU ARE MAKING A HORRIBLE MISTAKE, HOWEVER.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Lynch RB-Golbat

Want additional proof?
Code:
<Mind>    you should claim to rbg first
    <Eo>    you might as well show it to me
    <Eo>    I already know your role
    <Eo>    "suicide vigilante"
    <Eo>    or whatever you want to call it
    <Mind>    but you should claim to rbg
    <RB-Golbat>    please and tahnk you
    <Eo>    I'm not until I get more confirmation
    <RB-Golbat>    what more do you need?
    <RB-Golbat>    mind has claimed to me
    <Eo>    mind was also inspected
    <Mind>    everybody has claimed to rbg
    <Eo>    agape have you?
    <Agape>    ?
    <Agape>    playing rmt
    <Eo>    have you claimed?
    <Eo>    so am I
    <Agape>    yes
    <Eo>    well mind if everyone's claimed you probably have all the claims you need then
    <Eo>    mind
    <Mind>    what
    <Eo>    I've told you why I don't want to claim
    <Mind>    but rbg
    <Eo>    now why won't you show your PM?
    <Mind>    is the fucking village leader
    <RB-Golbat>    just a sec
    <Eo>    village leaders have turned out to be mafia
    <RB-Golbat>    im torn between 3 thigns right now
    <Eo>    mind
    <Mind>    yes
    <Eo>    why won't you show your PM seeing as I already know your role?
    <Mind>    ok sec
    <Mind>    ok
    <RB-Golbat>    well we don't even know your role eo
    <Eo>    I've given you reasons why I'm not claiming
    <Eo>    whereas mind has no reason not to show me his role PM seeing as you've already told me his role
    <Eo>    (unless he doesn't have a fake PM on hand)
    <RB-Golbat>    then we have no more reason to show you anything else
    <Agape>    If you want an united village you should all claim
    <Eo>    you do
    <Agape>    so that on death
    <Eo>    it's to convince me that you're clean
    <Agape>    spreadsheets can be passed
    <Agape>    to trusted people
    <Eo>    agape: I want a united village but I want to make sure we aren't moled
    <Agape>    yeah I understand
    <Eo>    agape don't you think it's a reasonable request for me to ask mind to post his role pm?
    <Agape>    for mind, yes
    <Agape>    but also for every clean people without a proper reason
    <Eo>    er what?
    <Eo>    my point is: I know mind's role
    <Eo>    or what he claims his roles is
    <Agape>    I just meant that everyone needs to claim at some point :P
    <Agape>    so why take time
    <Eo>    that's not my point
    <Eo>    mind
    <RB-Golbat>    eo, lets put it this way
    <Eo>    where's your pm?
    <RB-Golbat>    if you have a useful role, you are hindering the strength of the village
    <Eo>    if I were mafia what would I have to gain with your PM?
    <RB-Golbat>    you can tell just me and I'll tell no one
    <Eo>    RB-Golbat: if you are a genuine villager I know that's what you'll do
    <Agape>    you don't need to post it publicly here so I could see it
    <Eo>    but I don't know if you're a genuine village leader
    <Agape>    if you don't trust me :/
    <RB-Golbat>    would you like to see my role PM
    <Eo>    you can post it again but you already showed me yesterday
    <Agape>    I'm mainly an idler
    <Agape>    with this role ill just vote on lynches and give opinions
    <Eo>    look
    <Eo>    am I the only person who hasn't claimed?
    <Agape>    yes
    <Agape>    I think so
    <Eo>    and how would you know this agape?
    <Agape>    at least from us
    <Agape>    dunno from village
    -->|    Dubulous (~Dubulous@synIRC-FBB70183.rh.psu.edu) has joined #fishmafia
    *person*    recruit each other if possible?
    <RB-Golbat>    i have 9 no claims
    <Agape>    ah kk
    <RB-Golbat>    Dak
    <RB-Golbat>    Eo Ut Mortus
    <RB-Golbat>    ExplorerAce
    <RB-Golbat>    Flounder
    <RB-Golbat>    Jedil
    <Eo>    EA died
    <RB-Golbat>    KnightoftheWind
    <RB-Golbat>    Magicmaster87
    <RB-Golbat>    Shade
    <RB-Golbat>    Supermarth64
    <RB-Golbat>    i hadn't updated the sheet yet
    <Eo>    so that's about half
    <Dubulous>    that's too many
    <Agape>    People seemingly don't trust you
    <Eo>    he has an error in his role PM
    <Agape>    who?
    <Eo>    inconsistency if you like
    <Eo>    RB-Golbat
    <RB-Golbat>    yeah, dogfish made an error
    <Eo>    look at this role PM:
    <Eo>    Once per night, you can send the hosts (Dogfish44 & Raverist) a Pm saying ?Night X ? Grabbing USER? where USER is the Smogon account name of that person. The user, no matter how big, will be caught between your spikes, and unable to move a muscle. Naturally, moving there mouth would also be included as to not move. If they talk, they will be killed.
    <Agape>    well dogfish could have made mistakes
    <Eo>    RB Golbat's action does not state the hosts

Full log: http://pastebin.com/f3ead955

Essentially, my point is that RB-Golbat's night action does not specify the hosts like every single other role PM does.

Take IRON_KENYAN's:

Once per night, you can send the hosts (Dogfish44 & Raverist) a Pm saying ‘Night X – Hook, Line and Inker USER’ where USER is the Smogon account name of that person. This person will be unable to complete any night action that night, as they are sprayed with a very nasty ink, whilst held down by several suckers.
RB-Golbat's PM omits the bold part.

He claims it was an error in this log, which is too long for me to have practically faked. This is extremely unlikely as every other PM with a night action has the same message, down to the same typos (Pm instead of PM).

Also for my reference (since the OP hasn't been updated):

Players alive:
AoRhura
Askaninjask
Dubulous
Eo Ut Mortus
Jedil
Kharozz
Kumar
Lanterminater
-Mind-
Pidgeot79
RB Golbat

Whatevs, he made a mistake with my fake and admitted it, but it doesn't matter. This vote is going to end in a tie anyways which means GG Village.

This vote is going to end in a tie anyways which means GG Village.

This.

Oh well, tied vote's going to out me anyway. So, I might as well say that error in his fake role PM you made such a big deal about was in fact in (at least) one authentic role PM too, mine. ^^

Dear AoRyuha
You are the Toadfish
You are the chameleon of fish, and very hard to detect. Not only hard to find though, you also are hard to defend against. And this ambush ability will prove most useful to you.
During the day, send us a PM with the words ‘Hiding from USER’ were user is the Smogon name of that person. If during the rest of the game that user targets you, they will die. You can then select another target the next night.
The irony is killing me.

Bio-Hazards, woo!

And with that sudden call, RB Golbat was bludgeoned with lumps of driftwood until deceased, a crumpled sheet of paper in his corpse.

Dear RB Golbat,

You are the Stonefish

You exist as an ugly being, yet that takes a lot of courage for me (a god) to say. That’s the power of your poison on a normal day. In this war, multiply it by 20. Your mere image can make people scream. Your poison is painful and lethal at 0.00000017ml.

Once per night, you can send the hosts (Dogfish44 & Raverist) a Pm saying ‘Night X – Painfully poisoning USER’ where USER is the Smogon account name of that person. This person will endure exquisite agony, and then dies in 5 minutes, losing its voice upon impact with poison.

<snip>

You win if the Biohazards win.
Relieved that a villain has once again been vanquished, you all head off for another night's rest.

It is now Night 5. Night will end 48 hours from now or when al necessary PMs have been sent.

Also, I'll need a sub for Lanterminator, who seems to have fucked off.

I call bullshit as a vote I needed was gone and needed a sub. You should have found a sub first before closing that vote. Or at least told me it was my teammate so I could have asked someone to sub in.

Also, why was the day 24 hours but the nights still 48?

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also the day was 24 hours and 10 minutes long... Kharozz's vote didn't meet the deadline and is thus invalid.

There's a reason that deadlines exist (for stealth lynches / bumrushing votes), you can't just extend it by 10 minutes without announcing that there is a new deadline (and the new one has to be more reasonable than 10 minutes extra just to allow Kharozz to vote).

I count five votes for RB there. That's not a majority yet, according to your own post.

Edit: Well, just read LonelyNess's post there, and that is an excellent point.

Okay, one made a cock-up.

While I could have waited for Dogfish to log on, there was the slight hitch that in doing so I would have waited longer than necessary for this whole day phase to end. In hindsight, I should have extended the lynch phase by another 12 hours or so for more legit votes to come in. However, I was rather tired, and as you know, tired humans make mistakes.

In accordance with this, one has opted to try and balance things out a bit. To which end, I will launch a harpoon through EUM's face, killing him and making an even lynch. In future, if there is ever another tie, both parties will be lynched. Extreme, yes, but dogfish hasn't said anything about the events of tie lynches in mafia games. Apologies if this has caused a clusterfuck.

Dear Eo Ut Mortus,

You are the Manta Ray

You are well known by children who can pet your species if they have been trapped in aquariums. But, they do get free food. As a Manta, you have a very large surface area (A record breaking 20m across), which in this world happens to be quite strong.

Once per night, you can send the hosts (Dogfish44 & Raverist) a Pm saying ‘Night X – Bodyguarding USER’ where USER is the Smogon account name of that person. You will wrap your obscenely large body around that user, protecting them from attack. You will release them once there is no threat, letting them complete their night role.

You win if the town win
It is still night 5, and deadline will be extended by another 12 hours. Once again, sorry for the fuck up, won't happen again. If it does, feel free to kill me in whatever mafia I'm in.

meh, i guess thats fair. I would have like to be brought back in since I openly admitted to being mafia and suspected eo was bg and dubulous had already obtained a copy of my real role PM (not from me), but whatever, this works too

And -mind-, he's only lynching the BG because that was the other person who was being lynched.

Indeed. It isn't like one decided that because the Biohazards lack a killer, then village shouldn't have a bg.

Besides, there's not long left in this mafia, as we're down to what, 9 people?

Also, night 5 won't end until I can get Lanterminator replaced, as he's done fuck ass shit all this entire game. Candidate for worst player much?

Dubulous

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
FUCKKKKKK FAIR GAMES THAT MAKE ME LOSE

ALSO IF THEY DON'T HAVE A KILLER THAN THE VILLAGE WINS BECAUSE THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING BUT TIE LYNCHES FROM HERE ON OUT (ONLY WITH THE HELP OF THE NEUTRALS). IF THEY HAVE A KILLER THAN THIS IS IRRELEVANT AND THEY WILL LIKELY WIN SEEING AS WE CAN DO SHIT-ALL WITHOUT A BODYGUARD.

As ye wish.

LonelyNess has been subbed in for Lanterminator. The Night officially begins, so send in your PMs.

I'll just give ye your role PM right now ln.

Also, it should be noted that a village win is only guaranteed once all threats have been terminated, even if said mafia members lack killing abilities.

Dubulous

RAVERIST WHAT YOU SAID IS FALSE A MAFIA FACTION CANNOT WIN IF IT DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO KILL, BECAUSE IT CAN ONLY TIE LYNCH VOTES ASSUMING THE COOPERATION OF THE NEUTRALS. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY:

THERE ARE NINE (9) PLAYERS LEFT NOW. NO ONE IS KILLED IN THE NIGHT SO WE HEAD TO THE LYNCH. MAFIA HAS TWO (2) VOTES, NEUTRALS HAVE A (1) VOTE EACH, AND VILLAGE HAS FOUR (4) VOTES (THOUGH WE HAVE FIVE (5) VILLAGERS ALIVE, ONE (1) CANNOT VOTE). IN A BEST CASE SCENARIO (ASSUMING EVERYONE REMAINS ACTIVE), THE VOTE WOULD END IN A TIE LYNCH. THEN REPEAT THE PROCESS, AND BECAUSE IT IS WELL KNOWN THAT LONELYNESS (NATURAL LOG) AND AORYUHA ARE THE REMAINING MAFIA, THE VILLAGE CANNOT POSSIBLY SCREW UP THE LYNCH VOTE. IT WOULD BE 4/2/1 AT THAT POINT, THOUGH AGAIN IT WOULD BE EFFECTIVELY 3/2/1 BECAUSE A CERTAIN USER CANNOT VOTE. ANOTHER DOUBLE LYNCH ENSUES, AND THE GAME IS OVER BECAUSE THE NEUTRALS CAN WIN WITH EVERYONE.

NOW, IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THE MAFIA HAS GAINED ANOTHER KILLING ABILITY. IF THIS IS INDEED THE CASE, THE GAME SHOULD BE CALLED RIGHT NOW BECAUSE ALL LONELYNESS (NATURAL LOG) OR AORYUHA (WHOEVER HAS THE KILLING ABILITY) HAS TO DO IS NOT KILL THE USER THAT CAN'T VOTE. EVEN THEN THIS ONLY PROLONGS THE INEVITABLE MAFIA VICTORY, ASSUMING THAT THE KILLING POWERS WOULD AGAIN BE TRANSFERED TO THE REMAINING LIVING MAFIA MEMBER ON THE TIED LYNCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)