Fixed bugs in non-japanese D/P

With the help of a friend from my forum I've tested two bugs that were present in japanese D/P: using ditto in double battles for cloning items, and letting ditto faint after a transform so it keeps the opponent's moves after the battle.

We've checked that Gamefreak has fixed them: in the new version the item is not cloned and the fainted Ditto just has Transform. We supposed that they would be fixed for us, but now it's confirmed.

It's a shame, it is always helpful being able to clone TMs... Are there any more bugs that need confirmation?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Thank God I bought the Japanese version....

Obligatory mention of the Elite 4 Glitch (The Surf on the door one)

Well, there's always the option to ask for items from other people who can clone them.

*predicts people asking for Grass Knots/Stealth Rocks/Power items/Roost

Hmm, I guess now Hypnosis+Brave Bird Crobat is fully illegal...

What about the Mimic Transform glitch? Crap, I just realized I wont be able to fix my Sceptile by using Mimic to give it Leech Seed! Ughh, I guess I will need to find someone with the JPN version to do it for me...

*predicts people asking for Grass Knots/Stealth Rocks/Power items/Roost
I thought Stealth Rock was buyable?

What about the Mimic Transform glitch? Crap, I just realized I wont be able to fix my Sceptile by using Mimic to give it Leech Seed! Ughh, I guess I will need to find someone with the JPN version to do it for me...
The Mimic Transform glitch was dependent on the Transform glitch mentioned in the initial post AFAIK.

I thought Stealth Rock was buyable?
Stealth Rock is given to you by the first Gym Leader so it's a one time only TM.

I'm very happy I have a Japanese Pearl =) Also, out of interest: Has anyone bought a newer copy of any of the Japanese versions to see if the glitches has been fixed there too? I definitely think they have been but I've yet to see a confirmation of this.

Well at least this shuts up the people who insist a game exploit like the Ditto glitch was intended just so they can get illegal movesets.

Yay :) I have access to 3 Japanese versions with the glitches.

I can see why GF did it, but im annoyed they let the initial batch be basically beta tests.

@Picollo: i'd be very surprised if the manageded to fix that internet connections have latency and that can always be exploited.

will be one of the first things i'll try when my game actually arrives

Hmm, I guess now Hypnosis+Brave Bird Crobat is fully illegal...

I'm pretty sure Pokemon with illegal movesets are now prevented from battling online. That's based on hearsay though, so you can still try.

I'm pretty sure Pokemon with illegal movesets are now prevented from battling online. That's based on hearsay though, so you can still try.
I recall Jibaku saying his Space Break something-that-doesn't-learn-it went fine on PBR.

if someone had a walk through walls code on an AR, couldn't they just walk over the door and then get darkrai and sheimi?

if someone had a walk through walls code on an AR, couldn't they just walk over the door and then get darkrai and sheimi?
Wouldn't it be easier to just have the AR replace wild pokemon with the event pokemon you want? Or is that not possible with AR?

You can always find somebody with a rom and card reader to copy TMs for you. Once I get the TMs I want to be copied I'll just backup my save file, send the TMs to my friends and restore my save. This should work with any transferable item/pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)