SS OU Flaming Knight (Peaked #1, 2064 elo, 84.6 gxe)

Introduction:

volcbisharp.png

So after leaving the game for a long time and coming back in January, I decided to make some new teams since building has been really opened up with the removal of Spectrier. I used a bunch of teams during this run but I'm going to be sharing the team that I used toward the end to get #1.

Proof of Peak:
Picture2.png

(I'm outw hatt0.)

Team Breakdown:

volcarona.gif

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

I decided to build around offensive 3 attack swarm Volcarona since I consider it to be the best set and it is very fun to use. I find swarm to be very useful in certain lategame situations and more reliable than flame body which is really just hax chance. The coverage and evs are self-explanatory here.

slowking.gif

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Slowking was the next member of choice for several reasons. For one, I find future sight into teleport into Volcarona to be very useful in a variety of situations as it puts on a lot of offensive pressure. In addition, Slowking helps to switchin to and weaken Heatran for Volcarona, not to mention providing me with a water resist to help with the rain matchup.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

After Slowking, I decided Ferrothorn would be a solid fit for the team. Gyro ball is very useful for Torn mainly but knock off could be used as well. Ferrothorn provides me with a solid koko answer, rain answer, and just works well as a general check to a variety of special attackers in the tier such as Dragapult, Tapu Fini, Tapu Lele, etc. while still maintaining good physical bulk to help against threats like Dragonite.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Landorus was an obvious pick for this slot as it provided me with a much needed ground immunity, and general sponge to physical attackers like cinderace and opposing landorus. The ev's are just to outspeed Magearna and modest Heatran with the rest in hp and physical defense.

dragapult.gif

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Hex

Specs Dragapult was a natural fit for the next spot on the team as it provides me with solid speed, and is very useful in matchups like rain which Volcarona can struggle with. Coverage is standard and I chose T-wave because, in conjuction with Landorus'T's toxic, it benefits Dragapult's specs hex later in the match, while also helping vs sucker punch Cinderace.

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp was chosen as the last member of the team as it synergizes very well with the other members. For one, it greatly appreciates future sight support from Slowking. In addition, it can force the opponent to choose between 2 options: either play with hazards on their side of the field versus my team with Dragapult and boots Volcarona in the back, or defog and give Bisharp a defiant boost. For these reasons, Bisharp puts tremendous offensive pressure on the opponent and greatly supports the other members.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/e76f86a230ba3d84

Conclusion:
This team has been very effective for me, especially in the top ladder range, and I feel that it has the tools to deal with the vast majority of matchups. However, it is not without some weaknesses. Namely, nasty plot Hydreigon with the right coverage, specially defensive Heatran with protect, Dragapult, opposing volcarona, and Cinderace are probably the biggest threats if played well, but they are definitely outplayable. Shoutouts to Jamvad Academy and Fireside. Hope you all enjoy the team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)