Newton (Flapple) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grav Apple
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Substitute is there to make matters easier against status, giving better opportunities to SetUp Dragon Dance and to save you in case Hustle makes you miss. Also this mon's coverage is awful anyways, so it's not like you miss on anything.

However, some moves deserve consideration:
  • Sucker Punch: provides a form of Priority against faster threat
  • Fly: Only to Dynamax and use it to beat bulky Grass types and to get a +1 in Speed if needed
  • Heavy Slam: while incredibly weak because... You know, you weight 1 kg only, it becomes a 130 BP move during Dynamax, so you can blow away some bulky Fairies (Like G-Weezing)
Overall, while Flapple may find a niche in OU, it's holy outclass by Gyarados most of the time, so it would definitely end in UU.

On a separate but related note: is Dynamax, as of now, banned from UU?

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was recently confirmed in this post that Gravity boosts the power of Grav Apple by 50%. Makes sense to me.

Gravity also (like it always has), makes all moves 5/3 as accurate as they would normally be - equivalent to lowering Evasiveness by 2 stages. This is very helpful for Flapple not only for boosting the power of Grav Apple, but also making it (and Outrage/Sucker Punch) 100% accurate because the accuracy boost from Gravity is greater than the accuracy drop from Hustle. Amazingly, Dragon Rush is also 100% accurate under Gravity, even taking into account its naturally poor accuracy and Hustle.

Here are the fully-evolved Pokemon which can learn Gravity in SS (there are some Pokemon like Mew who used to be able to learn it in previous gens, but the method by which they got it no longer exists):
1577258239713.png

Good for Doubles, but I don't think it's worth using in singles, too complicated to keep setting up Gravity and switching in Flapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)