Flashworks

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Flashworks

Hey, Seevea/Dread Arceus here with my first RMT of Gen 6 (before you hit the back button, the only reason it's just now getting put up is because I'm a procrastinator =P). Lemme introduce you to Flashworks, my partial VoltTurn offensive team.

The Team
What would a Gen 6 team be without at least 1 broken mon? Well, this team makes full use of as many as possible while maintaining synergy. Mega Lucario is a huge threat right now, with only a few things in the game capable of checking it at +2. He's my main sweeper, and even if he fails to sweep, he punches sizable holes in the enemy team. The ability, EVs, and nature are pretty straightforward. The moveset optimizes coverage in exchange for priority (though Vacuum Wave still works fairly well in place of Aura Sphere).

Luka (Lucario) (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

Gen 6 brought Azumarill that glorious Fairy typing, increasing both its defensive and offensive capabilities. Azumarill does a couple of things. First, its checked by the same things as Mega Lucario: meaning they have to switch in to a Azumarill and take a Play Rough to the face. Second, it beats Heatran and Fighting types, both of which would normally give Mega Lucario some trouble. I use Sea Incense because I prefer to make full use of Azumarill's coverage, and I can also get some surprise kills on Heatran. EVs max out Attack and bulk (HP is odd numbered), while giving it a bit of speed creep on other Azumarills. The moveset is pretty straightforward.

Zuzu (Azumarill) (F) @ Sea Incense
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Here we go, broken mon number 2. This is the standard Genesect Scarf set, and it does a lot of things. It can pivot, revenge kill, sweep, and given its pretty typing, it can even switch in to attacks. The EVs and item are standard, though my moveset is a little odd. I choose Energy Ball over Thunderbolt because 1. I already have Electric STAB on Zapdos and 2. Quag and Gastro are unbreakable otherwise.

Excision (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf​
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Zapdos is becoming more and more relevant. The main reason for this is because of how common Mega Pinsir and Mega Lucario are becoming, and the fact that Zapdos can cripple or destroy both of them. For that same reason, Zapdos finds itself a teamslot on my team. It's a vital member, capable of Defogging away rocks and fleeing. My EVs are custom. The HP is an odd Leftovers number, 108 Spd outruns base 80s, and the rest is invested in mixed bulk with a physical bias. The moveset allows for nice coverage, recovery, utility, and pivoting.

Alice (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 148 Def / 68 SDef / 108 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Torandus-T may have fallen from its former Hurricane glory, but its ability to U-turn with Regenerator is still a really useful combination. Torn acts as another pivot, a way to beat Mega Venusaur, and a serious pain in the ass to stall teams. The EVs minimize SR damage, and allow Torn to pivot more slowly than other Torandus-Ts I may find (it still outspeeds base max Speed 120s), and the rest goes in to attack. The moveset is designed mainly to harass stall mons, pivot out, and do it again.

Cavasos (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SAtk / 248 Spd
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Tyranitar is my usual lead. He puts up Stealth Rock, and can come in and do it again as many times as necessary. He is also here to beat Talonflame and put pressure on Flying and Psychic type mons. He also has awesome synergy with Azumarill, who tanks Fighting and Water moves very well. The EVs let it really freaking hard with maxed Atk. The HP is a Leftovers number, and the rest goes in to Defense. The moveset lets it hit have awesome coverage while being able to lay down rocks and Pursuit trap.

Nightstone (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Well, that's my team. It's been doing pretty well for me so far, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ^_^. Importable and reasons for nicknames below if you're interested! Thanks for reading!

Mega Lucario: Mainly, because I couldn't think of anything and "Luka" sounded nice =3
Azumarill: Zuzu is a reference to Ruby's Swampert in Pokemon Adventures.
Genesect: If you don't know who Excision is and you like dubstep, I'd suggest looking them up.
Zapdos: Alice was the name I gave my first Zapdos is Pokemon Yellow when I was but a wee lad.
Torandus-T: Cavasos is the name of my Sgt Major: The Sgt Major of the White Falcons (ehehe).
Tyranitar: Nightstone just has to do with his typing, plus I figured an angsty name went well with an angsty mon XD.

Luka (Lucario) (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

Zuzu (Azumarill) (F) @ Sea Incense
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Excision (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Alice (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 148 Def / 68 SDef / 108 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Cavasos (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SAtk / 248 Spd
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Nightstone (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake​

Scotti

we back.
Hey nice team Seeva. I like the team overall and i also have a few suggestion to improve your team greatly. Firstly, you seem very weak to Choice Band Tflame. It can repeatedly switch out of TTar with U-Turn while dealing a good amount of damage to ttar, and most thing will have a hard time taking a Brave Bird or a Flare Blitz. Even with rocks from ttar your opponent can still spin or use defog, and its not like ttar can take more than 2 u-turns with out getting defeated on the 3rd one. That is why i suggest you replace Tornadus-T with Rotom-W. The only thing Tornadus-T contributes to the team is the ability to defeat some pokes on stall. While Rotom-W allow you to defeat a huge threat to your team while keeping the same momentum Tornadus-T had with Volt Switch. Next, i want you to change Genesect set to the rock polish set. The reason i want you to use that set is because with genesect as a special sweeper you could easily break through stall teams with genesect and Mega Lucario. Its hard enough for an opponent to handle Mega Lucario, but rock polish genesect is a extremely powerful special sweeper and the set is what made it so overpowered in 5th gen. With these 2 special sweepers working together you would destroy a lot of stall teams.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Genesect @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

=] Hope i helped

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Hey nice team Seeva. I like the team overall and i also have a few suggestion to improve your team greatly. Firstly, you seem very weak to Choice Band Tflame. It can repeatedly switch out of TTar with U-Turn while dealing a good amount of damage to ttar, and most thing will have a hard time taking a Brave Bird or a Flare Blitz. Even with rocks from ttar your opponent can still spin or use defog, and its not like ttar can take more than 2 u-turns with out getting defeated on the 3rd one. That is why i suggest you replace Tornadus-T with Rotom-W. The only thing Tornadus-T contributes to the team is the ability to defeat some pokes on stall. While Rotom-W allow you to defeat a huge threat to your team while keeping the same momentum Tornadus-T had with Volt Switch. Next, i want you to change Genesect set to the rock polish set. The reason i want you to use that set is because with genesect as a special sweeper you could easily break through stall teams with genesect and Mega Lucario. Its hard enough for an opponent to handle Mega Lucario, but rock polish genesect is a extremely powerful special sweeper and the set is what made it so overpowered in 5th gen. With these 2 special sweepers working together you would destroy a lot of stall teams.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Genesect @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

=] Hope i helped
While you're right about Talonflame being a problem, I would be unable to break Mega Venusaur if I switched out Torn-T, as the only thing that would be able to break it is +2 Mega Lucario, who really hates taking Earthquake. I like the idea of Rock Polish Genesect though, I'll test that out (though my Gen 5 instincts say its wrong not to have a scarfer hehe). Thanks Scotti =]

EDIT: Thinking about changing Zapdos for Rotom-W, then swapping Torn-T for a fast Psychic or Flying type (ie a blanket check to MegaLucario and MegaVenusaur)

Last edited:
Hello, nice team you got here! He seems to be pretty solid overall, however, did not believe that Boost the Sea Incense to be so necessary! I suggest you test one set of Assault Vest Azumarill.

Zuzu (Azumarill) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 sdef / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

With this set you will have greater durability, managing to hold things like Thundurus-I and Zapdos Thunderbolt , in addition to loss of strength in his punches water will be not so great. Superpower is not a good bang for Azumarill today as it was in BW2, so testing Knock Off, it is possible to get things like Aegislash the exchange and pluck a few items from Pokémon opponents during the game. Points distributed in Spd allow passing Tyranitar with minimum speed, and 4 points in Spdef are for Genesect increase Atk instead of Special Attack entering the Azumarill.

Hope this helps!

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Hello, nice team you got here! He seems to be pretty solid overall, however, did not believe that Boost the Sea Incense to be so necessary! I suggest you test one set of Assault Vest Azumarill.

Zuzu (Azumarill) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 sdef / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

With this set you will have greater durability, managing to hold things like Thundurus-I and Zapdos Thunderbolt , in addition to loss of strength in his punches water will be not so great. Superpower is not a good bang for Azumarill today as it was in BW2, so testing Knock Off, it is possible to get things like Aegislash the exchange and pluck a few items from Pokémon opponents during the game. Points distributed in Spd allow passing Tyranitar with minimum speed, and 4 points in Spdef are for Genesect increase Atk instead of Special Attack entering the Azumarill.

Hope this helps!
Hey, thanks for the rate. I really like your Azumarill set, although, I think that I might keep Sea Incense for that extra power considering Azumarill's main job is to punch holes rather than take damage. Your EVs are pretty cool though and I'm liking Knock Off > Superpower. Thanks again =]

I don't feel like I can add a whole lot. Your team is pretty solid, with the exception of that TFlame hole. Perhaps Heatran over TTar, since you keep the SR, Rock coverage, Ground Coverage, and gain another Fire Type move. TFlame is going to want to revenge kill your Genesect (since a standard switch in is a bad idea for him). Heatran can survive Brave Bird and eat up a Flare Blitz, AND not care much about a U-Turn. TFlame would probably switch out, but as long as Heatran is alive, TFlame is running scared.
Pro: Beats TFlame way better than TTar without caring about U-Turn damage. Has similar coverage. Has similar synergy w/ Azumarill. Has more Resistances. Adds a fire immunity in the case of Will O Wisp.
Con: Cannot use Pursuit. No counter weather. Another special attacker replacing a Physical one.

I'm all for Knock Off on Azumarill. Superpower is cool, but Dark as has such good offensive capabilities as well as the awesome utility of Knock Off. Lots of walls will want to jump in front of your Azumarill as a pivot or to try to wear him down, and Knock Off puts them in a bad place to want to stay out. Superpower will hurt a lot of things, but then you pretty much have to switch out, where as Knock Off lets you keep on keepin on. Ferrothorn might wall you a bit, and counter w/ Powerwhip, but you've got plenty of switch options, and he's usually a suicide lead anyways.

Overall, a well thought out team. Great job. If you have time, check my team in my sig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)