ORAS OU Flawless (Peak 1# , 90 GXE)

FLAWLESS

Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm glad to present here a creature born from a superior intellect. After years and years of research, numerous attempts with concerning fails, I, Kappa, nestled like gems on a ring these six Pokémon, giving life to the most destructive war machine! Handle it could make you crazy cuz its only possession creates a sort of addiction....
----------------------------------------
PROOF OF PEAK
----------------------------------------

----------------------------
AT GLANCE
----------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM BUILDING PROCESS
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I started to build around Mega Sableye + Suicune, a good core imo. Sab is supported by Suicune against Clefable, Heatran and other mons.

Then I added Ferrothorn since it has a great sinergy with the other 2 and it's a safe switchin against Dragons and fairies (Azumarill).

For the fourth and fifth slot i picked Landorus-T and Tyranitar. Landorus-T is my ground immunity, my fight resistor and something against opposing Doubledance Landorus. TTar traps spinners and defoggers (Starmie, Latios and Latias) so I can Keep spikes and sr and it helps against Charizard Y and Gengar.

Clefable, the nightmare of the whole mg able to sweep whole teams, gets the last slot in order to support against stuff like Tornadus-T, Alakazam, and form the core Sr + Spikes + MGuard is one of the best combo in the metagame, imo.

--------------------------
THE TEAM
--------------------------

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Mega Sableye, some monstrous thing. The Ability + Bulkyness combo makes him amazing and not so difficult to use. Fake out allows him to insta mega evolve at turn 1. Will-O-Wisp and Recover are standard moves and Foul Play > Knock Off cuz it's my main Bisharp's check. It could also work as anti spinner. Sableye is also my main answer to Mega Medicham that would destroy the team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The set is standard and I don't think there's too much to say. Calm mind allows it to boost and sweep. Scald is the main stab, even if it doesn't burn at all, rest as recovery move and sleep talk helps it to attack even if asleep.It's my status absorber cuz of Rest and my main switchin on stuff like keldeo It's a decent scarf hoopa Check and pressure helps me in order to win calm mind wars and an important win condition

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

As I said for Suicune, i don't think there's much to say about Ferrothorn. Should be send against pokemons that are not a problem for him like azumarill, slowbro, suicune and proceed to set up Spikes. I suggest to play carefully using protect cuz it could be used from your opponent's in order to take advantage and gain momentum. It's used for extra recovering and scout of moves such as Latios HP fire. Power whip > Gyro Ball to hits Manaphy and other water mons.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

I chose a "bw set". I preferred HP ice cuz it hits opposing Landorus-T and hits Gliscor that could be annoying for the team. Landorus-T is a safe switchin against threats such as Terrakion, Mega Char X and Tyranitar cuz of Intimidate that lowers their attack. However, make sure to scout for potential Ice-type coverage moves on opposing threats such as Hidden Power Ice on Terrakion and Ice Beam or Ice Punch on Tyranitar. Rocky helmet in order to cause asthma on opposing pokémons.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

As previously mentioned, this set should be used in order to trap Gengar, Latios, Latias, Starmie, and other Psychic-types Tyranitar forces out. Tyranitar also makes for a great check to Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, Thundurus, and Hoopa-u. Finally, Tyranitar can be used as a revenge killer as well because it outspeeds everything up to Starmie and can force out a lot of relevant threats with its STAB moves and coverage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

This fairy is like Nutella: good everywere. Clefable's trait allows it to be a decent status absorber and switchin on stuff like Rotom-W and Alomomola, and setup on them too. Thunderwave is a good support move in order to cripple pokèmon such as Heatran and Mega Venusaur, giving clefable a chance to obtain a lategame sweep. TWave is also useful in order to cripple the most common Clefable's switchins such as Metagross and Talonflame . 0IVs in speed in order to take less damages from Ferrothorn's Gyro balls.

-----------------------
REPLAYS
-----------------------

--------------------------------
THREATLIST
--------------------------------
Probabily the biggest team threat , if it's taunt + hp fire is really hard to stop.
Another threat for the teams even if not on that level is Serperior, but still annoying
Without any kind of doubt the easier mon to stop, especially without lum berry

---------------------------------
IMPORTABLE
---------------------------------
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

shototus to -Snow for his help with english

Last edited:

Creat0r

Banned deucer.
Hey Kappa, this Semi Stall looks crisp :) heres a rate:
The main goal of the team looks fairly simple: Get up hazards while reducing the amount of hazards on your side of the field with Mega Sableye. In addition to this you have a Bulky core that supports Mega Sableye. To further better the Hazard Stacking strategy I recommend going Roar>Calm Mind on Suicune. Even if you fear Calm Mind wars with Clefable, you can still use Roar to force it out. Also roar helps to bring out mons on the switch, when lots of hazards are up, and can be very annoying for the opponent and beneficial to you. Roar also forces out threats such as Sub calm Mind Keldeo, which can put in lots of work against the team if it sets up properly.

I noticed that you had Serperior in he threatlist. Leaf Storm+ Hidden Power Fire does do a number to the team. To Patch this up, I suggest going Heatran>Clefable. This makes it so that you are not completely 6-0'd By lead Serperior, and now have a hard check against it. Even if they carry Hidden Power ground, that means Ferrothorn is able to beat it at that point, so its basically a win/win situation. Heatran with Stone edge also has a fantastic shot at beating Volcarona, and helps with Charizard Y even more because with a simple predict Tyranitar can die to a focus blast. In addition, Stall breaker Heatran with 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature is nice so that you can trap and cripple stall, as well as having another check for Max speed Offensive Scizor.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Toxic

I hope this helped a bit, Gl with the team!

Reactions: BK

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Bro Kappa, nice Team, and congrats for the Peak.

First of all, Seeing your weakness to Serperior, Breloom, I also noticed that your team struggle against Mega Altaria, he can simply dance on Suicune, having the possibility of using Heal Bell, it can be cured by status, and taking advantage of your Ferrothorn that lacks Gyro Ball, can dance without problems; Therefore I suggest using Gyro Ball> Protect, Gyro ball helps against Fairies as mega Gardevoir, Mega Altaria; Also i would suggest using Chople Berry> Leftovers, Chople berry helps to deal with Breloom, Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast and Mega Lopunny. I would recommend to replace Ferrothron's Impish Nature with a Relaxed one, This change of nature helps to make stronger Gyro Ball, making it capable of OHKO Breloom, to 2HKO Clefable.

At this point, as suggested by Creat0r, I suggest using StallBreaker Heatran> Clefable, helps to deal better with Serperior, and also it has a very good Stallbreaker, which able to face Mega Sableye, Chansey, Mega Venusaur in 1 vs 1. i'd suggest you this set: Magma Storm / Taunt / Earth Power / Stone Edge, Earth Power is useful to deal better with Charizard X, Stone edge helps to deal with Volcarona, Talonflame, Charizard Y; Other valid options are to use Flash Cannon, useful to deal with Clefable, Kyurem-Black, Latios and Latias. I would suggest you to this spread: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 252 Spe, with a Timid nature, this spread allows Heatran to outspeed jolly Mega Scizor, and 28 Atk allows to OHKO Talonflame and Charizard Y with Stone Edge without Rocks up.

Now, since you lack a Tornadus-Therian counter, I'd suggest you to change your Mega Sableye spread with this: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD with a Careful nature, this spread allows Mega Sableye to take 3HKO by Hurricane from AV Tornadus-Therian, and 3HKO by Shadow Ball from LO Gengar, so you avoid using Scarf Tyranitar as the main answer to Gengar, without the risk of taking a Focus Blast. Also i would suggest using Knock off>Foul Play, Knock off helps to knock out the Leftovers from Talonflame, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Clefable, Volcarona's Lum Berry, Foul Play is not very useful against Bisharp, since you've Heatran, and can be stopped by Suicune. Also remove leftovers from pokemon opponents have much synergy with hazard stacking teams.

Finally, I would suggest, as said by creat0r, Roar> Sleep talk to Suicune, Roar allows your hazard stacking team to do a lot of pressure on the offensive teams, especially on teams that have Charizard Y and Talonflame, it also helps to bring in Tyranitar range of pokemon as Ferrothorn, Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss.

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge / Flash cannon
- Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

I hope I've helped you ^^

Ehy :)
Nice team! Also gratz for the peak! The team islolid but I think that are things to improve. The fairy for example are really annoying for this team, because you don't really hit this pokemon, my suggest is to try Gyro Balls>Protect on Ferrothorn, that helps you against many pokemon like Gardevoir for example, also a Sassy Nature>Impish really helps, because allows you to survive to Hyper Voice + Focus Blast from Modest Mega Gardevoir most of the time.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Also CM Manaphy and CM Clefable are really annoying for this team, because you don't have a good pokemon to stop the sweep of this weakness. A good option is to try Roar on Suicune that helps you against this problems.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Also I think that Talonflame>Clefable in this team, Talonflame gives you a good control for Serperior and Breloom, helps you against Bisharp/Scizor, gives you a good priority support and gives you a second win-con that is really good for this team.
Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Also Manectric is really annoying for this team, you don't have a good swich-in for this pokemon and you can only try to pursuit it with Tyra, but is really bad. For this reason my suggest is to try Hippodown>Landorus-t Hippodown helps against Metagross/Lopunny ice Punch and against Manectric/Raikou/Thundurus that are annoying.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Also keldeo is annoying because you have only Suicune for it, and Talonflame needs to Hazard Remove because Magic Bounce isn't enough, for this reason I suggest you to try Latios>Tyrarnithar that also helps against Charizard Y and Belly Drum Azumarill that are really annoying for this team. Ah and gives you a second swich-in to Manaphy, that are really annoying for this team and stall in general.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Also Sablaye needs this spread 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 HP to evoids the 2HKO from Tornadus-T.
Sablaye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
-.Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Summary of the changes:
Talonflame>Clefable
Hippodown>Landorus
Latios>Tyranithar
The set on Ferrothorn, Sablaye and Suicune.

Team Complete:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Hope help you

Last edited:
A lot of people have given you full and complete rates so I don't really see a point in me going in too much detail rn. I wanted to point out that the sableye / cune core has popped up a lot and I have believed for a while now that the sab / cune / ferro / hippo / lati / talon team is the most optimal variant of the core (which happens to be what your team would become if you followed astral's suggestions, which I agree with a lot.).

This is the first thing that popped into my mind so I compared your version of the team with that one, and I overall feel that while you have slightly more momentum with lando, you don't have a ton to abuse that momentum, whereas clefable suicune can be heavily pressured throughout the game since they have to check so much (this is especially strenuous on cune as it is prone to hazard damage forcing it to rest early, and it wants sleep talk then but roar is so good on your team). I also tend to not be a fan of scarftar, but the benefit of trapping that it gives to this archetype is certainly appreciated.

I am interested in hearing about how this alternate team i mentioned compares to your team, which also seems nice but a little more defensively flawed. If you choose to test the talon lati version of this archetype, please lmk how it compares to your version. I've actually gone through a teambuilding exercise regarding this core before with my tutee and he ended up coming up with landorus + ttar as well, so that makes me really curious whether the team plays out better than it seems like on paper. Regardless, gl with your squad and get back to me if you can :)

I know this isnt realy helpful criticism but you should really add Mega Gard to list of mons you weak to make this criticism a little more helpful i can recommend bulk up talon flame with the EVs spread of 248 hp 196 spdef 64 speed jolly which lets it out speed base 100 this can be help full to sothen the blow from physhock giving you the chance to bulk up it also lets you out speed max speed garchomp letting you weaken D-claw before it hits you with wilo . im not sure what to put talon over but i know it would help alot

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)