Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Woah. Boltbeam, flamethrower, and earth power on a xurkitree?
SHEER FORCE LIFE ORB?
Oh baby.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

MAGIC BOUNCERS BE GONE!
Never worry about mega sableye again. SR and whirlwind to your heart's content. Who else knew that Rampardos got Whirlwind and Pain Split?

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

Unfortunately there aren't any ghost STABs, but you got rock polish for a sweep, STAB in fire punch, and pretty decent coverage. Oh yeah, and a massive attack stat.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Have fun trying to kill this one. Rest + Sleep talk all day long. You know, spread some poison, hit some SR damage, the whole enchilada.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head

This is it. Now you've done it.
Repent as you get hit with a Tough Claws boosted Head Smash from one of the fastest OU mons in the game.

Jesus Christ. What have you created.

This monstrosity of nature has blessed us with two immensely powerful abilities, an overflowing movepool, and access to one of the strongest rock type moves out there.

Last edited:
Torkoal is scary as a leader, and is making me think about stuff like Blissey on an offensive team. And thanks for reminding me of the Alolan variations; those are important, too.
Anyways, from where we left off...

Incinearoar:

+ Darkest Lariat... you just don't care about defensive setup with this leader. That's a nice boon!
+ Swords Dance and Nasty Plot means both physical and special sweepers are available.
+ Is Intimidate released yet? I want it released so we can spam it.
+ U-Turn assures constant momentum on whatever you like.
+ Physical movepool is solid.
+ Taunt is a nice addition, too.

- No hazard control.
- Focus Blast is almost certainly going to be a coverage move for special sets, and it's probably going to miss at some point.
- No recovery either.

Tsareena

+ Queenly Majesty ensures that there's zero priority flying around against you.
+ Has hazard control and pivoting.
+ Recovery is good, too. Also can heal status.
+ Has a fair bit of physical coverage.

- Special moves are nearly non-existent.
- Can't set up hazards itself.
- No direct boosting moves.... though Acupressure is really fun.

Palossand

+ Shore Up is the best self healing move in the game.
+ Water Compaction is actually useful when paired with Grass or Water types.
+ Good special movepool.
+ Gets Rock Polish.

- No way to boost offenses.
- Doesn't have too large of a physical movepool... at least it supports Ground types!

Bruxish (this is where things get interesting)

+ Dazzling, Strong Jaw, and Wonder Skin are all incredible.
+ Gets everything it needs to abuse Strong Jaw.
+ Also has Calm Mind and Swords Dance.
+ Has both a physical and a Special movepool.
+ This thing gets Trick Room, too.

- No Super Effective coverage versus Steel types. outside of Hidden Power.
- No hazard control.
- Bruxish is not pleasing to the eye.

Drampa:

+ HOLY MOLY THAT SPECIAL COVERAGE
+ Gets Calm Mind, too.
+ Roost is good recovery.
+ Berserk paired with Roost makes some real mean Special Sweepers, as they can keep accumulating boosts as they get damaged.
+ Cloud Nine actually enables it to take Pelliper and Torkoal teams pretty well.
+ Physical movepool actually doesn't suffer, despite being a special attacker.

- The best physical setup is Work Up...
- Sadly, there is no Defog present, along with no Stealth Rocks or Spikes.
- The only real stallbreaker option is Toxic, so Clefable teams might be a terrible matchup for most Drampa teams.

Dhelmise:
+ You saw that Kartana set, right? Imagine a whole team of that.
+ Anchor Shot is a very good move, and ensures that lures can definitely happen.
+ Has a fair movepool on both sides.
+ Swords Dance, if Steelworker wasn't dumb enough.
+ Learns Rapid Spin, meaning rocks are not permanent.
+ Switcheroo makes Choiced items appealing.

- No way to boost speed.
- No recovery.

Kommo-o:

+ Very wide movepool, especially on the physical side.
+ Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, and Swords Dance are all solid in terms of setup, with Autotomize for the speed side of setup.
+ The special moves that are there are fairly potent.
+ Has three good abilities, which lead to some interesting tanks...
+ Taunt is a good move.

- The Special movepool is limited to only a few types.
- No hazard control whatsoever.
- No recovery, either.

Last edited:
I'm really liking the way Zephyr Dragon Lord is formatting their leader review posts, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Gigalith:

+ Can set up sand with Sand Stream and abuse it with Sand Force.
+ Sturdy is cool as long as long as you're Rock, Ground, or Steel.
+ Learns powerful Rock, Ground, and Steel type attacks on both sides to make full use of Sand Force.
+ Stealth Rock, plus Explosion to prevent Defog and Rapid Spin.
+ Has two good boosting moves in Rock Polish and Curse.

- Other than Superpower and Bloom Doom (Solar Beam), doesn't really learn any moves that aren't Rock, Ground, or Steel.
- Only recovery is Rest.
- No way to boost Special Attack.
- No hazard removal (very bad for Sturdy).
- Sturdy is significantly less useful on Pokemon that are damaged by Sandstorm.

Pelipper:

+ Rain Dish gives every non-Drizzle mon free Leftovers.
+ Gets hazard removal from Defog.
+ Reliable recovery in Roost.
+ U-turn and Pursuit offer multiple options for controlling momentum.
+ Perfect accuracy Hurricanes.
+ Rain-boosted Scalds and Hydro Pumps.
+ Can boost speed with Agility or Tailwind.
+ Knock Off is good.
+ Quick Attack is an okay priority move.

- No way to boost the attacking power of non-Water moves.
- Its physical movepool, while having a lot of utility, is rather poor when it comes to straight-up attacking.
- Special movepool is pretty much limited to just Water, Ice, and Flying.
- No hazards.

Vanilluxe:

+ Ice Body gives every non-Snow Warning mon free Leftovers.
+ Weak Armor is a cool option for a more offensive ability.
+ Perfect accuracy Blizzards.
+ Magic Coat is cool for deflecting hazards and status moves.
+ Light Screen offers team support.
+ Mirror Coat is a neat option for lures.
+ Ice Shard for priority.
+ Freeze Dry is AMAZING.
+ Taunt is good, too.
+ Can boost speed with Autotomize.
+ Explosion is a fun move.

- Physical movepool limited to only Ice and Normal attacks.
- Special movepool is only slightly better with Flash Cannon and Signal Beam.
- No recovery other than Rest and Ice Body.
- No way of boosting offensive power whatsoever.
- No hazards.
- No hazard removal.

Magearna:

+ Soul-Heart is every special attacker's wet dream.
+ Huge special movepool, including Aura Sphere as a reliable option over Focus Blast.
+ Volt Switch to keep up momentum.
+ Has access to Dual Screens.
+ Shift Gear boosts speed as well as attack.
+ Thunder Wave is good for speed control.
+ Has access to Trick Room.
+ Explosion is still a fun move.

- Pitiful physical movepool.
- No hazards.
- No hazard removal.
- No recovery other than Rest and Pain Split.
- Doesn't get Toxic for some reason.

Marowak-Alola:

+ Rock Head is great for spamming Flare Blitz and Double Edge (and Submission, I guess).
+ Lightning Rod provides a useful immunity.
+ Cursed Body comes in clutch sometimes.
+ Shadow Bone is arguably the best physical Ghost move.
+ Stealth Rocks.
+ Large physical movepool.
+ Even larger special movepool.
+ Great attack boosters in Swords Dance and Belly Drum.
+ Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers.
+ Perish Song makes it difficult for the opponent to snowball.

+ No hazard removal.
+ No recovery other than Rest.
+ No method of boosting special attack besides Lightning Rod.

Masquerain:

+ Intimidate on everything means the opponent's Attack is almost constantly at -1 or lower, potentially freeing up Defense EVs to be spent elsewhere.
+ QUIVER DANCE.
+ Has a wide special movepool.
+ Has Roost for reliable recovery.
+ Has Defog to remove hazards.
+ Has three options for speed control in Sticky Web, Stun Spore, and Tailwind.
+ U-turn keeps up momentum.
+ Has two priority moves: Aqua Jet and Quick Attack.
+ Haze helps against special boosters and Contrary teams.

- No damaging entry hazards.
- Rather poor physical movepool.
- No way to boost attack other than Fell Stinger.

I'm gonna stop here before this post gets out of hand.

Last edited:
I making a point to ban Innards Out in Follow the Leader, sure only Pyukumuku gets that ability, but the only threat of Innards Out Blissey or Chansey invalidates offense in a whole. The meta will be too much oriented stall or semi stall and will restrict teambuilding too much. Pyukumuku isn't broken, that ability is. So i'm asking for a quickban of Innards Out or at least a suspect.

if you don't want FTL to be a stall metagame, you should agree ^^.

I making a point to ban Innards Out in Follow the Leader, sure only Pyukumuku gets that ability, but the only threat of Innards Out Blissey or Chansey invalidates offense in a whole. The meta will be too much oriented stall or semi stall and will restrict teambuilding too much. Pyukumuku isn't broken, that ability is. So i'm asking for a quickban of Innards Out or at least a suspect.

if you don't want FTL to be a stall metagame, you should agree ^^.
Pyukumuku has no attacks, and innards out means thet in a last mon scenario that even if you ko them, you lose. Any Pokemon with taunt or magic guard wins from team preiview, and toxic/steel types are a pretty good substitute. Pyukumuku also has no hazards or hazard clearing, which is pretty sketchy for a stall team; I cant see it being anything other than a bad gimmick.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
At first, that's what i thought.
But then, i played it, and realized it was nice against HO teams.
Honestly, i feel like it's not broken, neither bad. Just... balanced.
But the point in suspecting it could be the fact that it may need a dedicated counter...

Here's the latest version of the team i used during my battle with EchoGaia :

Pyukumuku @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Counter
- Soak
- Rest

Blissey @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Rest

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Toxic
- Recover
- Soak

Guzzlord @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Toxic
- Rest
- Soak

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Counter
- Rest
- Taunt

Hariyama @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Counter
- Toxic
- Curse
- Recover

Soak is here for Steel and Poison types. Taunt is here for Aromatherapy and Heal Bell.
Hariyama is the only mon with an offensive move in the team, used to check Steel types that are a problem to the team.
Outside of this, Toxic is the main point of selling. While i could use more Recover mons, Pyukumuku's only way to deal with status is Rest. So, i used more Chestorest mons that expected.
There isn't much to say about that team, honestly. I builded it in 5 minutes.

Also, Pyukumuku learns Gastro Acid for Magic Guard, but i didn't used it in the team, since it's just bad and the opponent can just switch to ignore it.

Last edited:
Technically you're right, but my main selling point of suspecting it was for the fact it completely invalidates offense. Remember that FTL is more restrictive than AAA and besides using Magic Guard Alakazam (the only Magic Guard user that can fit offense), you have to play carefully by chipping away, what offense can hardly do. Since FTL is more of an offensive metagame considering the popular leaders (Mawile, Nidoking, Kecleon etc...) Innards Out could turn from bad gimmick to a thing that force people to run Magic Guard or Bulky teams, that would dominate the metagame. i want to preserve diversibility.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While it is true that Hyper Offense doesnt have a solid matchup, its far from the only viable playstyle. In fact you do not need to run Alakazam just to obtain Magic Guard. Have you seen Clefable's movepool?

Breloom teams have always had viability, and their balanced approah (and Leech Seed spam) heartly dismantles any Innards Team. Snorlax alone 6-0s that entire team @Dunsparse Fanboy posted with no support.

And other Stall teams exist as well, including Clefable stall, Sableye stall, Slowbro stall and the new Toxapex stall, and all of them are viable solid choices. What I honestly bepieve is that you aren't using Pyukumuku to its fullest potential anyways - no Unaware nor Z-Purify?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Technically you're right, but my main selling point of suspecting it was for the fact it completely invalidates offense. Remember that FTL is more restrictive than AAA and besides using Magic Guard Alakazam (the only Magic Guard user that can fit offense), you have to play carefully by chipping away, what offense can hardly do. Since FTL is more of an offensive metagame considering the popular leaders (Mawile, Nidoking, Kecleon etc...) Innards Out could turn from bad gimmick to a thing that force people to run Magic Guard or Bulky teams, that would dominate the metagame. i want to preserve diversibility.
This isn't true at all. Pyukumuku gets 6-0'd by a move learnt by literally every single Pokémon*: Substitute. None of Pyuk's moves can touch something behind a sub, and while Innards Out goes through it, it's not hard to find sources of residual damage (Toxic, Leech Seed, burns, etc).

Also Clefable can run offense lol, it gets CM and Belly Drum along with rocks and a huge movepool.

*that can learn TMs

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Actually, Pyukumuku has a lot of counters.
Let's just say...

1. Taunt + Status
    As said before, Pyukumuku's only way to heal itself from status is Rest. Taunt prevents it from using Rest.
  2. Taunt + False Swipe
    Ahah, why would anyone use this move ?... If your team really has a problem with Pyukumuku, then just use a Ghost type mon with False Swipe and Taunt. Among the good leaders that learns these moves, there is mainly Mawile and Mew.
  3. Magic Guard and Magic Bounce
    Magic Guard completely ruins Pyukumuku and Magic Bounce is decent.
  4. Substitute
  5. Taunt + reducing slowly the HP of the Pyukumuku
  6. Poison Heal
  7. Immunity
And those are just samples.

While it is true that Hyper Offense doesnt have a solid matchup, its far from the only viable playstyle. In fact you do not need to run Alakazam just to obtain Magic Guard. Have you seen Clefable's movepool?

Breloom teams have always had viability, and their balanced approah (and Leech Seed spam) heartly dismantles any Innards Team. Snorlax alone 6-0s that entire team @Dunsparse Fanboy posted with no support.

And other Stall teams exist as well, including Clefable stall, Sableye stall, Slowbro stall and the new Toxapex stall, and all of them are viable solid choices. What I honestly believe is that you aren't using Pyukumuku to its fullest potential anyways - no Unaware nor Z-Purify?
Pretty good point about stall, i completely agree.

About Unaware, Innards Out profits much more than Unaware.
It doesn't matter if the opponent raises it's stats, you're going to dismantle it's team with status anyway.

Also, my team was nothing more than a sample, just to spotlight the fact that Pyukumuku is decent against HO teams.

While you are all right, something that invalidates an entire playstyle has to be looked into, should i remember that in AAA some abilties had been banned cause they invalidates an entire playstyle? (Like Water Bubble invalidates any stall not running Water immunities, Fluffy invalidates any offense that doesn't boost its stats etc...) while it has counters, it's not the entire point of my post.

Fluffy had counters, and Water Bubble too, comatose too and they got banned. Other questions? Sure HO isn't the only playstyle, but it gets invalidated entirely. If once i want to play HO, i know i can't cause of this being still allowed.

If everyone is obliged to run one or several pokemon with Substitute + Leech seed or toxic just to check Pyukumuku teams, it's pretty centralizing and doesn't fit HO at all. That was the point of my post. It's not broken in the sense you get it.

Exeggutor-Alola might have some use.
-abilities
Harvest
-Gives many options Since there are a lot of berries. Coverage (natural gift), Healing Status, Healing HP, Defense against Specific types, and stat boosting.
Frisk
-Useful for information
-Some potentially Useful Moves:
Dragon Hammer, Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Explosion, Flamethrower, Gravity, Psychic, Psyshock, Curse, Wish?, Wood Hammer, Leaf Storm, Nature Power, Natural Gift, Trick Room, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, Toxic, Rest, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Moonlight, Solar Beam, Brick Break, Stun Spore, Substitute, Dragon Tail, Light Screen, Double Edge, Reflect, Sludge Bomb, Power Swap, Worry Seed, Protect, Block, Worry Seed etc.

Gravity can be used on an Earthquake user to help beat Skarmory and whatnot while also making Hypnosis and Sleep Powder always hit.
Nature Power is a Tri Attack that dodges sucker punch.
Worry seed can be useful for defense and stopping abilities like unaware, Magic guard, poison heal, etc.

Dugtrio could be interesting:
Not a fantastic movepool, but Arena trap can probably put into some good use since it can remove predictions (just not against levitate teams). Memento can probably be used to help a teammate trap a pokemon and set up on it with either rototiller or hone claws. Arena Trap can also allow you to toxic stall pokemon.
Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Final Gambit

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7followtheleader-38870

was messing around with Flurbel, and I found that Blissey is actually a decent leader. With Serene Grace, Natural Cure and a pretty large mixed movepool, along with reliable recovery and one of the highest special bulks in this game. Paraflinch with Body Slam and Headbutt, Have great special coverage with: Boltbeam, Flamethrower, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam and Focus Blast, gain nice Physical coverage with Rock Slide, Thunder / Ice / Fire Punch, Drain Punch, EQ, Zen Headbutt and Iron Tail, to an extent. It also grants Stealth Rock, Calm Mind and Softboiled for recovery

I may be late to the party, but my boy is here.

...I think it's a bit too big.

+ Physical movepool is immense, providing nearly every Physical attacker with at least some form of STAB option and then any coverage it desires. Amongst this are the Elemental Punches, EdgeQuake, Iron Head, Superpower, Shadow Claw, and Low Kick. Head Smash also exists, which provides anything with a superstrong, more-accurate-than-Edgemiss attack at the cost of usually most of your health.
+ Its special movepool also isn't anything even close to scoff at, with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower being extremely notable names. Other notable moves are Surf, Focus Blast, and Earth Power.
+ Setup is there. Autotomize is an alright blanket setup for physical and special sweepers, while Curse is best off for the Physical fatmons that would appreciate it more.
+ Has a viable supporting movepool, consisting of Roar, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Endeavor, and Counter. It also can set up three of the four Weathers (No hail for you.)
+ Sturdy + Rock Head provides a blanket ability for most of your team, and then an ability for specific physical attackers...
+ Head Smash on any fast Rock type, namely Aerodactyl and its Mega, Lycanroc, and Minior. Slap on Rock Head and a Choice Band and you have yourself an extremely dangerous wallbreaker that doesn't care about 'how good your Unaware Ability' is.

- You don't get any recovery or hazard removal. You may carry Sturdy, but unless you keep those rocks off that field you're gonna have a hard time making use of it.
- You lack a good means of boosting Attack or Special Attack without a Z-move. And even then, good luck.
- Aggron doesn't have his mega yet. It be a sad day.

I may be late to the party, but my boy is here.

...I think it's a bit too big.

+ Physical movepool is immense, providing nearly every Physical attacker with at least some form of STAB option and then any coverage it desires. Amongst this are the Elemental Punches, EdgeQuake, Iron Head, Superpower, Shadow Claw, and Low Kick. Head Smash also exists, which provides anything with a superstrong, more-accurate-than-Edgemiss attack at the cost of usually most of your health.
+ Its special movepool also isn't anything even close to scoff at, with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower being extremely notable names. Other notable moves are Surf, Focus Blast, and Earth Power.
+ Setup is there. Autotomize is an alright blanket setup for physical and special sweepers, while Curse is best off for the Physical fatmons that would appreciate it more.
+ Has a viable supporting movepool, consisting of Roar, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Endeavor, and Counter. It also can set up three of the four Weathers (No hail for you.)
+ Sturdy + Rock Head provides a blanket ability for most of your team, and then an ability for specific physical attackers...
+ Head Smash on any fast Rock type, namely Aerodactyl and its Mega, Lycanroc, and Minior. Slap on Rock Head and a Choice Band and you have yourself an extremely dangerous wallbreaker that doesn't care about 'how good your Unaware Ability' is.

- You don't get any recovery or hazard removal. You may carry Sturdy, but unless you keep those rocks off that field you're gonna have a hard time making use of it.
- You lack a good means of boosting Attack or Special Attack without a Z-move. And even then, good luck.
- Aggron doesn't have his mega yet. It be a sad day.
I used an Aggron team gen 6, and it worked pretty well. It's especially good at destroying Clefable teams. And I don't think it matters much that Aggronite is unreleased, since you can outspeed and kill almost anything with Mega Aerodactyl's Tough Claws boosted Head Smash (or choose not to mega, if you don't need the extra speed and power right away and you want to avoid recoil).
But you did miss one very useful move that Aggron has: Metal Burst. Unfortunately Custap Berry is unreleased, because Sturdy+Metal Burst+Custap Berry+Endeavor can blow a couple holes in unsuspecting teams (as long as there are no hazards up).

A legendary Pokemon appears! Is it really great as a mon to pass Justified and its pathetic movepool down? Will it be your leader?

...No.

Why the hell you'd do that, I have no clue.

What it does instead is inherits from many of the popular Pokemon.

Many of the strong offensive Pokemon have access to Surf and Focus Blast, such as Dragonite, Aggron, Rhyperior, and Nidoking (examples, and what I've seen! Don't kill me!), giving it immediate access to its two STAB-options. Defensive walls such as Clefable, Toxapex, and Slowbro/King tend to have either Surf, Focus Blast, or Scald, giving Keldeo at least access to one STAB move. Most of these mons also carry coverage that regular Keldeo would probably kill the other three Swords for, such as Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, and Earth Power. Aggron and Rhyperior can pass on Rock Polish, Dragonite can pass Dragon Dance for a speed bonus and a possible gimmicky Mixed set, and Clefable + the Slows can give Calm Mind. Any ability over Justified is a natural buff to Keldeo on its own, as Multiscale/Sturdy provide it the ability to take a singular hit if at full HP almost all of the time and either setup or start nuking, Sheer Force provides access to nearly every move it will carry besides Surf with a flat power boost, Magic Guard lets it run SubCM with less of a worry about Toxic, and Regenerator improves its survivability tenfold.

Even many of the Pokemon that don't directly help it out can be of use. Quiver Dancers with alright movepools such as Volcarona or Masquerain can pass Quiver Dance down, and while Keldeo will likely not have either STAB-option with its natural bulk and high Special Attack, STABs alongside QuiverRoost aren't necessary. Kyurem-Black, although gimmicky as a leader, provides Keldeo with a very modest special attacking movepool and the ability to bypass Sturdy and Unaware with Teravolt. And Magearna, although somewhat lacking in diversity, can provide Volt Switch, an incredibly useful ability, and access to Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, and Focus Blast.

Something I might try is Xurkitree as a leader, though I am afraid of Unaware Pokemon.

Some Cons:
Here are it's only notable physical moves:
Return/Frustration, Power Whip, Facade, Thunder Punch, Wild Charge, maybe Brutal Swing, and Spark.

Some pros:
It has access to Volt Switch, Tail Glow, Beast Boost, and some decent special moves.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Beast Boost -> No Guard
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Tail Glow
- Nature Power
- Hypnosis

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Signal Beam/Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Playing against bot:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7followtheleader-42498

Last edited:
I'm on a roll these past few days.

Golurk, one of my favorite Unova Pokemon, and the biggest disappointment to me when it turns out he A) Wasn't a Psuedo Legendary, and B) Didn't exactly have that great of stats. His Attack is pretty good, his defenses are OK, and his typing was unique and was fun to mess around with (ex. vs Terrakion), and he had one of the larger movepools for stuff that was cool. And he's back, baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Golurk itself isn't one of the best Mons solo. With him as the Leader, he's best off either being the Stealth Rocker + a defensive mon due to its nice defensive typing (but watch out for the abundant Ice Beam special attackers.) A No Guard Offensive set is possible, but, well, with a pathetic Speed stat and merely average Attack for an offensive attacker nowadays, you're better off leaving that to stronger Pokemon.

His Abilities are a mixed bag for just about everything. No Guard provides Focus Blast, Specially, and Dynamic Punch + Stone Edge physically with perfect accuracy, but allows everything else to hit you accurately with these same moves, and a far longer list. Klutz is incredibly gimmicky, but can be run with an Iron Ball for Dark-types that just want a single-hit Dark nuke. Iron Fist is a physically-based boosting ability for basically everything, since much of Golurk's viable moveset for coverage revolves around any of the Elemental Punches, Drain Punch, and even the mostly gimmicky Shadow Punch.

Speaking towards his moveset, Physically he's amazing. He has EdgeQuake alongside their weaker brethren Bulldoze and Rock Slide, access to Hammer Arm, Low Kick, DynamicPunch, Hammer Arm, and Superpower as Fighting attacks, Shadow Punch for perfect coverage with Fighting-types main STAB, and weaker options in Heavy Slam (usable on a few heavier Pokemon, such as Celesteela), Gyro Ball (usable mostly only on tanks), and Zen Headbutt (lets Gallade get STAB? And Metagross I suppose?) Iron Fist naturally gives buffs towards his primary coverage options, and No Guard makes DynamicPunch a viable move on mons like Terrakion and Buzzwole.

Specially he's significantly more limited, and one of his downfalls. Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Earth Power, and Thunderbolt are what almost every special attacker will be running, although Psychic, Grass Knot, Signal Beam, Flash Cannon, and Icy Wind are also there but may be redundant. Keldeo, Gengar, and a few Psychic-types that appreciate being able to hit Steels accurately such as Gardevoir-Mega and Alakazam are some of the best options here, and this further cements the fact that I believe Keldeo has the right to be on practically every team. He's just that good.

Setup is where Golurk sort of just... fails. Rock Polish and Curse are the extent of non-Z-move boosting, one of which is Speed boosting only, and the other lowers Speed and favors bulky physical attackers. Z-Rain Dance is also there, but with a movepool that doesn't directly promote using Rain, it's just sort of... there while Rock Polish exists. Z-Safeguard also is an option, but similar to Rain Dance there's little reason to run it over Rock Polish. Power-Up Punch and Charge Beam also can, albeit poorly, boost Attack or Special Attack, respectively, but have fun doing THAT.

Supporting, Golurk fares quite a bit better, but still falls short. Magic Coat and Stealth Rock allow you to set up and semi-reliably prevent hazards from being placed upon the field, although you lack direct hazard removal. Night Shade can assist certain defensive mons with dealing more consistent damage. Gravity also is gimmick that allows you to constantly click Earthquake, preventing Skarmory, Landorus-Therian, among others, and Latios teams, from avoiding it.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rock Polish

Here's an example of Rock Polish being able to be used to a pretty good extent. Kyurem-Black gains access to his Physical Ice-STAB once again with Ice Punch, and gains even more damage off Iron Fist. Thunder Punch, although a measely replacement for Bolt Strike, still hits a respectable 90 base power after Iron Fist. Earthquake helps with breaking through certain walls that can take both a Thunder Punch and an Ice Punch, such as Magnezone, and in general improves coverage damage immensely. Fire Punch is also an option for hitting specific mons, like Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Kartana harder, but you already hit hard enough.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

And here's the Rocker I've been running for a bit with a Golurk team. Gengar's niche is as the lead to click Focus Blast on anything that doesn't realize Golurk actually GETS Focus Blast, and does a good job at setting up rocks in the process as it is immune to Rapid Spin and can hit any wall fairly hard bar incredible special walls like Chansey or 'Pex. Thunderbolt I never would have thought Golurk got, but it gets it, so...

TL;DR: Golurk is badass and you should at least try it out.

I have not tested this yet, but one thing I am thinking can be decent is persian-alola.
Pros:
Furcoat A great defensive ability. It also helps pokemon like raikou to set up some nasty plots then spam thunderbolt.
Technician Not as useful as fur coat, but it means that you get a boosted hidden power.

Has some good status moves like parting shot, roar, toxic, nasty plot, switcheroo, taunt, etc.
Access to U-turn
Fake Out can be good for chip damage

Cons:
I'd assume it's weak to mold breaker teams.
Its physical and special movepool does feel limited.

Only recovery is rest.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Shadow Claw
- Switcheroo

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Parting Shot

Edit: Here's a team in action against a bot:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7followtheleader-44946

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roar
- Parting Shot

Chandelure @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Snarl

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- U-turn
- Return

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Hidden Power [Dragon]
- Parting Shot
- Switcheroo

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Last edited:
I, similarly to the above, haven't actually tested this, but I think Togekiss could be a good leader.

Abilities:​
Hustle: Good for Physical attackers, although Togekiss's physical movepool is nothing to write home about.
Serene Grace: Paraflinch on everyone. (This even includes Physical attackers, as it gets Zen Headbutt)
Super Luck: Of it's 3 Abilities, this is probably the one I have the least to say about, but if you can think of something, go ahead

Notable Moves:​
Physical: Body Slam (60% chance of paralysis if you don't feel like using Thunder Wave), Drain Punch, Extreme Speed, Seismic Toss, Smart Strike, Zen Headbutt
Special: Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Grass Knot, Hyper Voice, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Stored Power, Tri Attack
Status: Baton Pass, Defog, Encore, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Morning Sun, Nasty Plot, Psycho Shift, Reflect, Roost, Soft-Boiled, Sunny Day, Tailwind, Thunder Wave, Trick, Wish

Tapu Teams

All 3 of the below Tapus' abilities allow you to have immediate damage, as well as have some nifty side effects. Nature's Madness seems to be a great move for walls as there are no pokemon immune to it and since it always halves health. It might be possible to make some use of the terrain seeds.

Below are some possible teams and some notes.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Hoopa @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Nature's Madness
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Magearna @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Nature's Madness
- Toxic
- Roar

Golisopod @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Nature's Madness
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Smart Strike
- Megahorn
- Superpower

Virizion @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Nature's Madness
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Return
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Golisopod @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Megahorn
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Lele has basically no physical attacks. But, it at least has Psyshock. Alakazam-Mega is probably a must to run due to it's immense speed, and because there are a lot amazing abilities to copy with trace that will show up in this meta. Lele unfortunately seems to only offer recovery through draining kiss. Focus Blast is also a must to deal with dark and steel types. Also, Lele helps to beat teams that rely on priority moves. Has a few decent status moves such as aromatherapy, calm mind, and screens. It's special movepool is pretty decent.

Tapu Koko has some decent physical moves and some decent special moves. It has both U-turn and Volt Switch. It has recovery with roost. It has good electric moves on both the physical and special sides. Gives an entire team an immunity to sleep. Has a few decent status moves such as roost, calm mind, possibly charge, roar, and agility.

Tapu Bulu offers pretty decent recover with it's ability, giga drain, horn leach, and leech seed. Pokemon like Kartana can hit really hard with moves like wood hammer and horn leech. Has some great physical moves like superpower, megahorn, smart strike, stone edge, zen headbutt, and wood hammer. Special wise it's mostly giga drain and focus blast that stand out. It has access to some good status moves like whirlwind, leech seed, bulk up, swords dance, and calm mind. It's ability to weaken earthquake is probably a little useful.

I got bored and started looking at random Pokemon to see how they would be as leaders. I'm listing the ones that were at least somewhat viable.
Illuminate: Useless. Though you could give your opponent this ability via Skill Swap
Natural Cure: Probably your go-to ability here.
Analytic: Useful on slower bulky attackers.

Notable moves:​
Physical: Avalanche, Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin, Waterfall
Special: Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon, Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psyshock, Scald, Signal Beam, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Tri Attack, Twister
Status: Camouflage, Cosmic Power, Endure, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Pain Split, Rain Dance, Recover, Skill Swap, Thunder Wave, Trick Room
Sturdy: Always good
Gluttony: Not much to say about this one
Contrary: This is usually a good choice, it's just that Shuckle doesn't have the moveset to abuse it.
Physical: Earthquake, Gyro Ball, Knock Off, Stone Edge
Special: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Final Gambit, Infestation, Sludge Bomb/Wave
Status: Acupressure, Encore, Guard Split, Power Split, Power Trick, Rock Polish, Shell Smash, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web
Oblivious: Can't be Taunted. Pretty useful.
Own Tempo: Can't be confused. Much more situational, but not horrible.
Regenerator: Arguably the best of its abilities.
Physical: Aqua Tail, Avalanche, Brick Break, Counter, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Foul Play, Ice Punch, Seismic Toss, Zen Headbutt
Special: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psyshock, Scald, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Tri Attack
Status: Amnesia, Belly Drum, Calm Mind, Curse, Endure, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Reflect, Safeguard, Slack Off, Thunder Wave, Trick Room
Blaze: Standard starter Ability
Iron Fist: Infernape has a few good moves for this ability, so I guess it works.
Physical: Acrobatics, Close Combat, Counter, Dual Chop, Earthquake, Fake Out, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Mach Punch, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, U-Turn
Special: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Vacuum Wave
Status: Assist, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Encore, Endure, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Roar, Slack Off, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Taunt, Torment, Will-O-Wisp
Klutz: Swoobat got 2 really good abilities. This is not one of them. See the transparent text by Illuminate on Starmie
Unaware: While Swoobat itself doesn't have the stats to be a wall, it's got a pretty good moveset for one.
Simple: One of the best abilities in the game. This can be really good on a Special attacker with double Calm Minds and Stored Power
Physical: Acrobatics, Gyro Ball, Knock Off, Super Fang, U-Turn, Zen Headbutt
Special: Air Slash, Charge Beam, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Heat Wave, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Stored Power, Uproar
Status: Amnesia, Calm Mind, Charm (Since Swoobat has no way of boosting its Def), Light Screen, Magic Coat, Psycho Shift, Reflect, Roost, Safeguard, Skill Swap, Tailwind, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Torment, Trick, Trick Room
Technician: Always good
Pickup: Has this ever actually been taken advantage of in competitive play?
Skill Link: Not bad, but if you want to use this ability, you're probably better off with Cinccino.
Notable moves :​
Physical: Acrobatics, Beat Up, Counter, Double Edge, Fire Punch, Foul Play, Gunk Shot, Ice Punch, Knock Off, Low Kick, Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Thunder Punch, U-Turn
Special: Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt
Technician abusable (including all moves for Skill Link): Aerial Ace, Covet, Double Hit, Double Slap, Dual Chop, Fake Out, Fury Swipes, Power-Up Punch, Pursuit, Thief, Hidden Power (obviously), Round, Shock Wave, Swift
Status: Agility, Baton Pass, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Switcheroo, Taunt, Thunder Wave
Levitate: Immunities are always nice
Heatproof: Added resistances are too
Heavy Metal: I mean, I guess if you were gonna try using Heavy Slam, but the other 2 abilities are much better
Physical: Earthquake, Explosion, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt
Special: Charge Beam, Extrasensory, Flash Cannon, Grass Knot, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Solar Beam
Status: Calm Mind, Endure, Heal Block, Hypnosis, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Recycle, Reflect, Rock Polish, Safeguard, Sandstorm, Skill Swap, Stealth Rock, Trick, Trick Room
Intimidate: Good for defensive mons
Quick Feet: Good if you need a little bit of a Speed boost
Moxie: Good if you wanna just keep snowballing as you go through the opponent's team
Physical: Counter, Crunch, Fire Fang, Foul Play, Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Thunder Fang
Special: Dark Pulse, Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball
Status: Heal Bell, Me First, Psych Up, Spite, Taunt, Torment
Intimidate: Good for defense
Flash Fire: Immunities are still nice
Justified: Switch in on a predicted Knock Off or something like that and a free +1 Atk
Physical: Close Combat, Crunch, Double Edge, Extreme Speed, Fire Fang, Flare Blitz, Iron Head, Outrage, Thunder Fang, Wild Charge
Special: Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solar Beam
Status: Agility, Endure, Morning Sun, Reflect, Roar, Safeguard, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp
Suction Cups: Immune to Whirlwind/Roar/etc
Sniper: Increased crit damage is okay
Moody: Banned
Physical: Bullet Seed, Double Edge, Gunk Shot, Rock Blast, Seed Bomb, Seismic Toss, Waterfall
Special: Charge Beam, Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Scald, Signal Beam, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Water Spout
Status: Endure, Focus Energy, Haze, Rain Dance, Soak, Thunder Wave
Soundproof: This can be good, but...
Scrappy: Boomburst that hits Ghosts. Much better than Soundproof

Physical: Avalanche, Circle Throw, Counter, Crunch, Double Edge, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Low Kick, Outrage, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss, Thunder Punch, Zen Headbutt
Special: Boomburst, Extrasensory, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball, Surf
Levitate: This is really your only choice. Good thing it's a useful ability.
Physical: Double Edge, Earthquake, Explosion, Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin, Stone Edge, Zen Headbutt
Special: Ancient Power, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam
Status: Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Endure, Guard Split, Heal Block, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Power Split, Power Trick, Recycle, Reflect, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock, Trick, Trick Room
Sniper: Increased crit damage is okay, but on nearly every physical attacker, you'd prefer Tough Claws
Tough Claws: Your go-to Ability. Especially with Shell Smash.
Pickpocket: Don't even bother.
Notable moves (Underline is Tough Claws boosted):​
Physical: Cross Chop, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, Earthquake, Low Kick, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Razor Shell, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Superpower, X-Scissor
Special: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Infestation, Scald, Sludge Bomb/Wave
Status: Bulk Up, Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Nature Power, Rain Dance, Rock Polish, Shell Smash, Stealth Rock, Switcheroo, Swords Dance, Taunt, Torment
Poison Point: Unreliable, but it's there
Poison Touch: Dragalge doesn't have a lot of good contact moves to make use of this
Adaptability: Dragalge DOES, however, have a fair amount of coverage that could become STABs for this.
Physical: Gunk Shot, Iron Tail, Outrage, Play Rough, Waterfall
Special: Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Icy Wind, Scald, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Insomnia: Immunity to sleep is useful
Super Luck: Extra crits. Also pretty good.
Moxie: Good for fast physical sweepers
Physical: Brave Bird, Double Edge, Foul Play, Night Slash, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Superpower
Special: Dark Pulse, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Psychic, Shadow Ball
Status: Calm Mind, Defog, Haze, Nasty Plot, Perish Song, Roost, Spite, Tailwind, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Torment, Whirlwind
Water Absorb: Immunity to Water can be good.
Shell Armor: Decreased hax. Ok, I guess
Hydration: It's a good ability on a Rain team, but there are probably better leaders for a Rain team than Lapras
Physical: Aqua Tail, Avalanche, Double Edge, Drill Run, Ice Shard, Iron Head, Outrage, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Ancient Power, Dragon Pulse, Freeze Dry, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Signal Beam, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Status: Curse, Dragon Dance, Heal Bell, Perish Song, Rain Dance, Reflect, Roar, Safeguard, Sing
Pressure: If you wanna stall, go for it.
Super Luck: Increased crit rate is probably the best you'll get out of Absol's abilities
Justified: +1 Atk if you get hit by Knock Off, I guess.
Physical: Counter, Double Edge, Foul Play, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Megahorn, Night Slash, Play Rough, Psycho Cut, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, Superpower, X-Scissor, Zen Headbutt
Special: Charge Beam, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hex, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt
Status: Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Curse, Endure, Hone Claws, Magic Coat, Me First, Mean Look, Perish Song, Swords Dance, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Torment, Will-O-Wisp, Wish
Anticipation: I guess it's an okay ability, but not that good.
Dry Skin: Water immunity is good. Added Fire weakness isn't as much
Poison Touch: Can poison with contact moves.
Physical: Bullet Punch, Cross Chop, Drain Punch, Dual Chop, Earthquake, Foul Play, Gunk Shot, Ice Punch, Knock Off, Low Kick, Poison Jab, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Thunder Punch, X-Scissor
Special: Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Vacuum Wave
Status: Acupressure, Bulk Up, Me First, Nasty Plot, Rain Dance, Spite, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Taunt, Torment
Hyper Cutter: Immune to Intimidate, I guess
Shell Armor: Immune to crit hax is also okay
Adaptability: Neutral STAB is basically a Super Effective hit. Really good ability.
Physical: Aqua Jet, Avalanche, Counter, Crabhammer, Crunch, Double Edge, Double Hit, Knock Off, Rock Slide, Superpower, Waterfall, X-Scissor
Special: Ancient Power, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald, Sludge Bomb/Wave
Status: Dragon Dance, Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Nature Power, Rain Dance, Spite, Switcheroo, Swords Dance, Taunt
Sap Sipper: Grass immunity is cool (Weakness free Water/Ground types, anyone?)
Hydration: Good for a rain team, though Goodra's probably not the best leader for such a team
Gooey: Lower the opponent's Speed each time you take an attack. That sounds good, but you have to watch out for Contrary users.
Physical: Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Outrage, Power Whip, Rock Slide, Superpower, Thunder Punch
Special: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Infestation, Muddy Water, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Swarm: Same as the standard starter abilities, except on a bug type
Chlorophyll: Good for a Sun team, but there are definitely better leaders than Leavanny for such a team.
Overcoat: Immunity to Powders and weather damage is ok.
Physical: Fell Stinger, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Poison Jab, Shadow Claw, Steel Wing, X-Scissor
Special: Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Electroweb, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Leaf Storm
Status: Agility, Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Entrainment, Grass Whistle, Heal Bell, Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Me First, Nature Power, Reflect, Sticky Web, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Synthesis
Iron Barbs: Punish physical attackers. Probably your best bet.
Anticipation: Situational scouting ability. Nobody really cares about this. It's just there.
Physical: Bullet Seed, Explosion, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Knock Off, Pin Missile, Poison Jab, Power Whip, Shadow Claw
Special: Acid Spray, Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, Giga Drain, Solar Beam, Thunderbolt
Status: Curse, Hone Claws, Ingrain, Iron Defense, Leech Seed, Nature Power, Rock Polish, Sandstorm, Spikes, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave

EDIT 1: Added Infernape and Swoobat
EDIT 2: Added Ambipom
EDIT 3: Added Bronzong and Mightyena
EDIT 4: Added Arcanine and Octillery. Someone please stop me.
EDIT 5: Added Exploud, Claydol, and Barbaracle
EDIT 6: Added Dragalge
EDIT 7: Added Honchkrow and Lapras. Seriously, someone needs to stop me.
EDIT 8: Added Absol. I need better hobbies
EDIT 9: Added Toxicroak and Crawdaunt
EDIT 10: Added Goodra and Leavanny.
EDIT 11: Added Ferrothorn and template.

Also, if you feel like using the format I've been using for leader reviews.
Code:
[hide=Pokemon]
[CENTER][i]Abilities:[/i][/CENTER]
[i]Ability[/i]:
[i]Ability[/i]:
[i]Ability[/i]:
[CENTER][i]Notable moves:[/i][/CENTER]
[i]Physical[/i]:
[i]Special[/i]:
[i]Status[/i]: [/hide]
I might do another post about possible leaders for weather teams in another post. Assuming someone else posts.

Last edited:
I think Yanmega and likely other tinted lens mons can be good.
Ability: Speed Boost - Allows you to outspeed many pokemon.
Ability: Tinted Lens - Allows you to spam choice items imo. It also helps leaders with limited physical and special movepools.
Ability: Frisk - sort of useful as helps you gather information.
Physical: Aerial Ace, Bug Bite, Double Edge, Facade, Feint Attack, Headbutt, Leech Life, U-Turn, Feint, Night Slash, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Return,
Reversal, Slash, Secret Power, Thief, Wing Attack
Special: Air Slash, Ancient Power, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Ominous Wind, Psychic, Round, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Solar Beam, Struggle Bug,
Swift, Uproar
Status: Hypnosis, Roost, Detect, Protect, Defog, Whirlwind, Rest, and Screech
Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Detect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Defog

Chandelure @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Steel Wing
- Leech Life
- U-turn
- Double-Edge

Well, I'm starting my promised Weather post
Water Absorb: Water immunities can be fun.
Damp: Pfft. Who even uses Explosion these days?
Drizzle: Rain setter.
Physical: Brick Break, Counter, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Ice Ball, Ice Punch, Waterfall
Special: Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psywave, Scald
Status: Amnesia, Belly Drum, Encore, Haze, Hypnosis, Mist, Perish Song, (Z-)Splash
Keen Eye: Ignore Evasion. Ok if your opponent (for whatever reason) goes for accuracy hax, you'll be okay
Drizzle: Set up rain for your Hurricanes. Fun.
Rain Dish: Constant healing in the rain you set up. Also good.
Physical: Double-Edge, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Steel Wing, U-Turn
Special: Air Slash, Hurricane, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Scald, Shock Wave
Status: Agility, Aqua Ring, Defog, Mist, Rain Dance, Roost, Stockpile, Tailwind

Damp: See Politoed.
Cloud Nine: Can be useful if you want to stop another weather team
Swift Swim: While you don't have a Drizzle setter, you do have this.
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Counter, Cross Chop, Double-Edge, Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Shadow Claw, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Clear Smog, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psyshock, Scald, Signal Beam
Status: Calm Mind, Encore, Hone Claws, Hypnosis, Light Screen, Me First, Rain Dance, Soak
Water Absorb: See Politoed
Damp: See Politoed
Swift Swim: See Golduck
Physical: Circle Throw, Counter, Double Edge, Double Edge, Earthquake, Endeavor, Ice Ball, Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, Waterfall
Special: Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psywave, Scald, Vacuum Wave
Status: Amnesia, Belly Drum, Bulk Up, Encore, Haze, Hypnosis, Mist, Rain Dance, (Z-)Splash
Water Veil: Can't be burned. Highly situational.
Lightningrod: Immunity to Electric. Usually, this is good, but a mon with Seaking's movepool has difficulty taking advantage of the Special Attack gain..
Physical: Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Drill Run, Knock Off, Megahorn, Poison Jab, Smart Strike, Waterfall
Special: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald, Signal Beam
Shell Armor: Less hax is ok.
Weak Armor: Speed boost for taking a contact move. This can be somewhat usable.
Physical: Double-Edge, Gyro Ball, Knock Off, Rock Blast, Seismic Toss, Waterfall
Special: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Haze, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rock Polish, Shell Smash, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes
Battle Armor: Same as Shell Armor. See Omastar
Weak Armor: See Omastar
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Knock Off, Low Kick, Rapid Spin, Stone Edge, Superpower, X-Scissor
Special: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Nature Power, Rain Dance, Reflect, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance
Abilities:
Poison Point: Chance of Poison. Meh.
Intimidate: If you want a physical wall, here you go.
Notable Moves
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Explosion, Fell Stinger, Gyro Ball, Pin Missile, Poison Jab, Waterfall
Special: Acid Spray, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb/Wave
Status: Destiny Bond, Haze, Pain Split, Rain Dance, Spikes, Stockpile, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic Spikes
Abilities:
Swift Swim: Do I even need to say it at this point?
Water Absorb: Immunities are still fun
Water Veil: See Seaking
Notable Moves
Physical: Acrobatics, Aqua Tail, Bullet Seed, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb, Waterfall
Special: Air Slash, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Coat, Scald, Signal Beam
Status: Agility, Amnesia, Aqua Ring, Defog, Haze, Rain Dance, Roost, Tailwind
Abilities:
Swift Swim: See everyone else in the Swift Swim folder.
Sniper: Increased crit damage. Fun.
Damp: Hahahaha no.
Notable Moves
Physical: Double-Edge, Iron Head, Outrage, Waterfall
Special: Clear Smog, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald, Signal Beam
Status: Agility, Dragon Dance, Focus Energy, Rain Dance, (Z-)Splash
Abilities:
Rain Dish: See Gol- Pelipper.
Own Tempo: Immune to confusion. Situational, but not terrible.
Notable Moves
Physical: Bullet Seed, Counter, Double-Edge, Drain Punch, Fake Out, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Knock Off, Seed Bomb, Thunder Punch, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Hone Claws, Leech Seed, Mist, Nature Power, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Synthesis, Teeter Dance
Abilities
Battle Armor: See Kabutops.
Swift Swim: Honestly, if you're using Armaldo as a rain leader, you're an idiot because Armaldo doesn't even get Rain Dance.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Cross Poison, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Seismic Toss, Stone Edge, Superpower, X-Scissor
Special: Ancient Power, Brine, Earth Power, Flash Cannon
Status: Curse, Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Rock Polish, Sandstorm, Stealth Rock, Sunny Day, Swords Dance
Abilities
Swift Swim: I'm not even gonna bother explaining this.
Water Veil: No burns. Hooray.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, Clamp, Crunch, Double-Edge, Ice Fang, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Waterfall
Special: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Infestation, Scald
Status: Aqua Ring, Barrier, Baton Pass, Coil, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Shell Smash
Abilities
Swift Swim: Good for fast things in the rain.
Hydration: Good for bulky things in the rain.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, Bounce (I guess), Clamp, Double-Edge, Waterfall
Special: Draining Kiss, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Infestation, Psychic, Scald, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam
Status: Agility, Amnesia, Aqua Ring, Barrier, Baton Pass, Coil, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Safeguard, Shell Smash
Abilities
Swift Swim:
Rock Head: This is arguably more interesting here than Swift Swim, giving everything the ability to have recoil-free Head Smash
Sturdy: Good for your walls. If only Relicanth had some way of getting rid of hazards. (Spoiler alert: It doesn't)
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Head Smash, Stone Edge, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Amnesia, Calm Mind, Rain Dance, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock
Gorebyss (same abilities) with an even worse movepool. Skip.
Abilities
See Huntail

Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Crunch, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Low Kick, Pursuit, Tail Slap, Waterfall
Special: Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Agility, Aqua Ring, Baton Pass, Bulk Up, Me First, Rain Dance, Roar, Switcheroo, Taunt, Torment
Abilities
Swift Swim:
Storm Drain: I mean, everyone would probably see it coming from a mile away, but you can get a Sp Atk boost.
Water Veil: No burns. Granted, a Burn wouldn't bother you too much, given how shallow Lumineon's physical movepool is.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, U-Turn, Waterfall
Special: Air Cutter, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psybeam, Scald, Signal Beam
Status: Agility, Aqua Ring, Defog, Nature Power, Rain Dance, (Z-)Splash, Tailwind
Abilities
Swift Swim:
Poison Touch: Umm... cool, I guess?
Water Absorb: Immunities are good.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Drain Punch, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Knock Off, Low Kick, Poison Jab, Rock Slide
Special: Earth Power, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Icy Wind, Scald, Sludge Bomb/Wave
Abilities
Solid Rock: Reduced SE damage on you is good
Sturdy: This would be REALLY good if you got Rapid Spin, which you don't.
Swift Swim:
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Crunch, Earthquake, Iron Head, Knock Off, Liquidation, Low Kick, Stone Edge, Superpower, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Curse, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Rock Polish, Shell Smash, Stealth Rock
Abilities
Snow Cloak: Situational ability for Hail
Slush Rush: Now that I think about it, I should probably wait until I get to Hail for Beartic
Swift Swim: Because Beartic's better for a Hail team than a Rain team.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Ice Punch, Icicle Crash, Low Kick, Night Slash, Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge
Special: Blizzard, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Surf
Status: Bulk Up, Encore, Hail, Hone Claws, Rain Dance, Swords Dance, Taunt, Yawn

Abilities:
Thick Fat: Gives you 2 useful resistances
Hydration: Gives you immunity to status (in the rain)
Ice Body: You can also use Dewgong as a Hail leader as well.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Avalanche, Drill Run, Fake Out, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Smart Strike, Waterfall
Special: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Signal Beam, Surf
Status: Aqua Ring, Encore, Hail, Perish Song, Rain Dance, Stockpile
See my previous post
Abilities:
Water Absorb: Predictable in this meta, but you could switch in on a Water mon for healing.
Hydration: Status immunity, yay.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Iron Tail, Waterfall
Special: Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Stored Power
Status: Aqua Ring, Baton Pass, (Z-)Celebrate, Curse, Haze, Heal Bell, Mist, Rain Dance, Reflect, Roar, Wish
Abilities:
Oblivious: Not much to say here, but probably niche.
Anticipation: Also kind of niche, but okay for scouting, I guess.
Hydration: You're gonna be seeing this a lot.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Earth Power, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
See Swift Swim
See Swift Swim
Ability:
Hydration: This is your only option here. You're much better off with Manaphy who has a better movepool for Special and Support sets.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Knock Off, U-Turn, Waterfall
Special: Ancient Power, Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald, Signal Beam
Ability:
Hydration: This is the same as usual
Notable Moves:
Physical: Knock Off, U-Turn, Waterfall
Special: Ancient Power, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Scald, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam
Status: Acid Armor, Aqua Ring, Calm Mind, Heal Bell, Heart Swap, Light Screen, Rain Dance, Reflect, Tail Glow
Abilities:
Keen Eye: No accuracy hax. Evasion clause is a thing, so this isn't overly useful
Big Pecks: Defense can't be lowered. You might as well just use Hydration
Hydration: Easily the least situational of Swanna's abilities.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Brave Bird, Steel Wing
Special: Air Slash, Hurricane, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Scald
Status: Aqua Ring, Defog, Me First, Rain Dance, Roost, Tailwind
Abilities:
Healer: Useless in singles.
Hydration: You know what this is.
Regenerator: Everything gets free healing for pivots.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Wake-Up Slap, Waterfall
Special: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Coat, Psychic, Scald, Shadow Ball
Status: Aqua Ring, Calm Mind, Healing Wish, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Pain Split, Rain Dance, Soak, Wish
Abilities:
Hydration: ...
Sticky Hold: Can't lose item to Knock Off
Unburden: Gains speed after losing item.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Double-Edge, Knock Off, Leech Life, Pursuit, Quick Attack, U-Turn
Special: Acid Spray, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Final Gambit, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Infestation, Sludge Bomb, Water Shuriken
Status: Acid Armor, Agility, Baton Pass, Encore, Gastro Acid, Guard Split, Me First, Rain Dance, Recover, Spikes
See my randoms post

Abilities:
Torrent: Standard Starter Ability
Rain Dish: Reliable recovery in Rain. Neat.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Brick Break, Counter, Double-Edge, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Fake Out, Gyro Ball, Ice Punch, Outrage, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt
Special: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Coat, Scald, Signal Beam, Water Spout
Status: Aqua Ring, (Z-)Celebrate, Haze, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Reflect, Roar, Yawn
Abilities:
Clear Body: Can't get lowered stats (from opponent). Eh, useful if the opponent's using an Intimidate leader, but not very much otherwise.
Liquid Ooze: Really situational. Much more so than Clear Body. Not recommended.
Rain Dish: Reliable healing.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Double-Edge, Knock Off, Poison Jab, Waterfall
Special: Acid Spray, Dazzling Gleam, Giga Drain, Hex, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Infestation, Mirror Coat, Scald, Sludge Bomb/Wave
Status: Acupressure, Aqua Ring, Barrier, Haze, Magic Coat, Rain Dance, Reflect, Swords Dance, Toxic Spikes
See Swift Swim
See Drizzle
Illuminate: Useless.
Effect Spore: If you're not going for a Rain team, then this is the only viable ability for Shiinotic, and it's not even that good. Heck, you shouldn't even be using Shiinotic for a Rain team. It can't even learn Rain Dance.
Rain Dish: See the last sentence above.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Astonish, Giga Impact, Return, and Frustration are its only physical moves. Don't bother.
Special: Charge Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Moonblast, Sludge Bomb
Status: Amnesia, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Light Screen, Moonlight, Nature Power, Spore, Strength Sap, Thunder Wave

Abilities:
Effect Spore: Situational, but not the worst of Parasect's abilities.
Dry Skin: Water Absorb + Rain Dish... And a Fire pseudo-weakness and Solar Power minus the Special Attack Boost. You can't even take advantage of the healing bit without Rain Dance, which Parasect can't learn. But it CAN learn Sunny Day. ...Why does Parasect even get this ability?
Damp: Hahaha no.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Brick Break, Bullet Seed, Counter, Cross Poison, Double-Edge, Fell Stinger, Knock Off, Leech Life, Pursuit, Seed Bomb, X-Scissor
Special: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Psybeam, Sludge Bomb
Status: Agility, Aromatherapy, Growth, Hone Claws, Leech Seed, Light Screen, Nature Power, Reflect, Spore, Stun Spore, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Synthesis
Abilities:
Oblivious: Immunity to Taunt. I guess for setup sweepers and walls?
Forewarn: Somewhat useable for scouting
Dry Skin: Unlike Parasect, Jynx can actually take advantage of this.
Notable Moves:
Physical: Counter, Double-Edge, Drain Punch, Fake Out, Ice Punch, Seismic Toss, Zen Headbutt
Special: Blizzard, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psyshock, Psywave, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam
Status: Aurora Veil, Calm Mind, Hail, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Lovely Kiss, Magic Coat, Nasty Plot, Perish Song, Rain Dance, Reflect, Taunt, Torment, Trick, Wish
See my randoms post
Abilities:
Dry Skin: Well, if you're using Heliolisk as a leader, you're probably using a weather team.
Sand Veil: It's just a question of which one, Rain or Sandstorm
Solar Power: Because Heliolisk actually can't learn Sunny Day
Notable Moves:
Physical: Dragon Tail, Fire Punch, Low Kick, Quick Attack, Rock Slide, Thunder Punch, U-Turn, Wild Charge
Special: Charge Beam, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Hyper Voice, Signal Beam, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch
Status: Agility, Electric Terrain, Electrify, Glare, Light Screen, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Thunder Wave

I'll do more of this, including the other weathers, when I have more time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)