We Eat Losers
approved by The Eevee General and The ImmortalIntroduction:
Teambuilding takes on a whole new dynamic in this OU based metagame. In Follow the Leader, every Pokemon on your team has access to ALL of the moves and abilities abilities of the first Pokemon in your teamslot, but you lose access to your own movepool and abilities. Pretty crazy, right?!
For example, if I have a Dragonite in the first slot of my team, Heatran can have access to Multiscale and Extremespeed, however it loses access to Will-O-Wisp and Flash Fire.This creates an interesting and restrictive metagame, as you must now think carefully about which Pokemon you place in your first teamslot, as the rest of your Pokemon's roles will be determined by that decision.
Banlist and Clarifications:
- If a Mega Pokemon is in the first slot, teammates have access to the BASE form's ability. (MegaZard X cant pass Tough Claws to its teammates, but it can pass Solar Power.)
- Followers are bound to the same illegalities and restrictions as their leaders (if Clefable is your leader, you cant run Softboiled and Unaware on the same Pokemon.)
- Standard OU banlist and clauses.
- Smeargle, Shedinja, Regigigas, Slaking, Huge/Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Imposter, Arena Trap, and Chatter are banned.
- Aegislash is unbanned.
- Pokemon / Ability currently under suspect: Nothing @tm
Sableye is one of the best leaders for stall teams thanks to its great support movepool and an excellent ability. It sports gems like Will-o -Wisp, Recover, Metal Burst (Metal Burst Chansey...) Taunt and Fake Out. But the real reason is Prankster, turning its whole team into trolls.
Having one of the widest offensive movepools in the game, Dragonite is an excellent leader thanks to its access to set-up, priority, and powerful attacks like Aqua Tail for water types, Superpower for Fighting types and great coverage moves. Multiscale is also a huge bonus, making the team 50% bulkier.