Food Gallery: where you make people hungry

Conni

katharsis
I kind of had this idea quite a while now, but I think it might be cool for those who are interested in this type of stuff. I just wanted to say how there are different levels of food liking, such as: I eat food to survive, I eat food because it tastes nice, I eat different types of food to experience different type of flavors I like. Out of the choices I just mentioned, I am probably the last one, and some other people on Smogon might be too, and this is where this thread comes in.

If you think that the food or meal you're eating today is special or fun to share in some way, such as something you'd mostly eat once a week or a special occasion, then that would be the best picture of food to share, you can also share pictures of food that you eat very commonly or is important with your lifestyle or health, such as a cup of yogurt or a breakfast burger.

I hope most Smogoners agree that food is an essential part of life and our enjoyment, and food isn't just more than something that we need to live on, but something we can also enjoy. So lets fill this thread with yummy foods so we can cherish that taste as we look at the photo over and over until we become hungry.

As for my pictures I don't really have anything yet mostly because of assignments and I'm too lazy to airdrop photos from my phone but I'll share some once I have more time!

edit: I'm well aware there's a cooking thread, but this is all about the appearance and photos of food.

Last edited:

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
this friday, i will be taking my best mate to what i humbly think is the best japanese restaurant in sydney for her birthday. hand-made, freshly-made soba noodles, amongst other amazing japanese dishes. it's called Jugemu & Shimbashi for any sydney fellas/visitors that are interested! i'll be sure to take some pictures to post at the end of the week

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

'Shorbet Adas'- arabic lentil soup

This is pretty much a winter time/cold weather classic.

cumin
coriander
pepper
1 qt vegetable stock
1 1/4 cup green, or w.e u got, lentils
salt
1 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1-2 jalapeno
1/2 lemon, the juice of
smoked paprika
butter
cayenne pepper

here is how i make it:

1. Make a 'sour curry' by grinding cumin, coriander, and pepper that have been toasted. for this soup 3 cumin:1 coriander:1 pepper is probably about right. You need about a tablespoon of sour curry/cup of lentils. You can use pre ground spices, it just won't be as good as if you toast then grind them.
2. Saute garlic, onion, tomato, and jalapeno in butter, until the onion yellows and has shrunk only very slightly~7 mins. Add the lentils and the sour curry, some more butter and the lemon juice, and let it cook for 3-5 more minutes.
3. bringing the pot to a fairly high temperature add the quart of vegetable/chicken stock and let it heat up to a boil, then bring it to a simmer.
4. cover, let cook at a simmer or low boil (i.e just a mild bubbling boil) for an hour.
5. ok you could eat the soup now, but if you do this last step it is even better: puree the soup in a blender/food processor to get a smooth consistency.

to serve garnish with (uh, pomegranate sauce if youre a baller who can get it) stale flatbread like tostada/tortilla chips or hard pita bread and smoked paprika/cayenne pepper to taste. yogurt is also a fine addition, and it goes well with rice too. one popular way is to serve with added stale pita bread thats been drizzled with some pomegranate sauce.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)