Formation of NU tier

Would you like an NU tier?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Smogon has been a part of the very exciting UU Tier revamp. I think we would all agree this has been a huge success and as the UU tier has begun to stabilise i feel we are approaching a balanced metagame, though there is still some way to go. One of the by products of the UU revamp is the formation of the NU tier, as far as I am aware there is no action being taken about this.

I propose in the coming months, preferably after we have sorted UU out, to facilitate the growth of the newly formed NU tier. By the end we will hopefully have another solid tier for all players to experience and enjoy some of the more popular but currently unviable pokemon.

In order for this to happen we will need:
  • An NU ladder on the Smogon University Server on Shoddy Battle.
  • A test to determine what is UU (overpowered) balancing the metagame.
  • Finally after we have created this new metagame. We will revamp the analysis of the NU Pokemon.
I think this would be a very popular idea and in doing this i feel we will enlarge our community by catering for those who want to experience this new tier.

What do you think?

As far as I know, there are already plans to do something like this, ONCE UU is completed. It's too early to make definitive plans about NU when UU is not even done yet.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This would be great, except we haven't even figured out UU yet.

Post this again in a few months and maybe it will be useful. The idea isn't bad, this is just horrible timing. People have been talking about this since new UU came out, but its been restricted because we don't have the knowledge yet. We can think about what to do all we want, but we wouldn't actually be able to do anything resembling progress on this for at least a couple months.

there is just not enough interest in this now, once everything cools down in uu and ou as well, this may have a place but lets settle the other tiers first before diving into a brand new metagame

As far as I know, there are already plans to do something like this, ONCE UU is completed. It's too early to make definitive plans about NU when UU is not even done yet.
UU wont be done anyway as the Tiers are kid of interlinked in that there will be swapping around of Pokemon as we seek to balance NU when we get round to it.

I kind of new we had a way to go with UU but i just wanted to post as im sure we will have completed it before the large part of the summer is over and will have lots of time to do this.

The consensus seems to be that the NU tier will be made after UU is more stable. What exactly does this mean? Is this when there are no longer any suspect nominations/BL voting at all?

Also, I would hope with the NU tier formation there would be a BL2 that goes between UU and NU, to make sure that NU is balanced.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I don't understand your poll. We're going to have an NU tier whether anyone likes it or not; unless you are asking if we want a ladder. Right now, we already have a way of forming NU. It's merely those Pokemon that do not satisfy the OU criteria of usage on the UU ladder. I suppose a BL equivalent for NU could be formed; but now is not the time for that and the details would have to be worked out later. I'm not confident that participation would even be enough on a NU suspect ladder to adequately form a BL equivalent of NU tier. Anyway, we can return to this issue once UU settles down. And UU should be relatively "settled" after the next cycle (one more at the very most I'd say).

Locking for now, we can examine it at a later point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)