Former UUs tearing it up!

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Decided I'd get back into OU after playing UU for what seems like ages. This team is basically taking past UU Pokemon and throwing them all together to form to HO team. (Hyper Offense is becoming my favourite playstyle atm).

So here's the team:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Hyper Voice and Psyshock are standard on MegaGardevoir, giving her so much offensive pressure with mer massive special attack stat. 216 speed EVs make her able to outspeed Smeargle and Taunt it before it can do it's usually shenanigans and Taunt also helps me deal with Stal. Focus Blast is used for coverage and hit Steel-types that wall it usually. I have 0 atk IVs because it doesn't need it + it mitigates Foul Play damage

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Explosion

The standard set on Smeargle this gen. Stealth Rock and Sticky Web are all the hazards you need, and it most situations you'll get both up. Spore may not be as good this gen with Grass-types and Overcoat getting immunity to powder moves, but this should always be used over Dark Void as the chance to miss isn't worth it. The point of Explosion is to (hopefully) prevent your opponent from Defog/Spinning the hazards, then hopefully putting enough pressure on your opponent to keep then there.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Bisharp got a massive indirect boost this gen; being able to get a +2 free when Defog is used, Steel no longer resisting Dark and Knock Off becoming a viable move. With it's massive attack stat and priority in the form of Sucker Punch, it provides great offensive pressure. Going back to Defog, your opponent has to be careful when they decide to go for it, as the free +2 could do even more damage than what the hazards do.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice] Icy Wind

Specs Keldeo is such a monster. Hydro Pump is your main attack and will dent anything. Secret Sword hits on the physical side and lets it hit special walls for massive damage. Scald is used over Surf as the burn chance is worth it + Keldeo is used to dent more than sweep. HP Ice for the Dragons and Grass types in the tier. Icy Wind is definitely the better option here, my bad. Again, 0 atk IVs as it doesn't need them.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 48 Atk / 224 220 SDef / 44 Spd / 240 HP
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

The set that got it banned from UU. SubCoil Zygarde was such a massive then, and it's still a giant threat now. Earthquake is it's main move you go for when possible and after a couple boosts it quickly becomes very powerful even with 0 initial input. I chose to not run any Dragon-type moves as it's only options are really Outrage and Dragon Tail which you don't wanna get locked into or go last respectively and Extreme Speed allows you to out prioritise moves like Sucker Punch and Gale Wings Brave Bird. The speed investment allows to just outspeed base 100s w/ no investment which can really help. Decided in it the end, that speed wasn't really making a difference, so just threw it into it's Attack stat instead.

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk 236 Spd / 216 SAtk / 56 HP
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw Substitute

The beast that is Kyurem is used to purely wallbreak again and gets around stuff Sturdy and Thick Fat, whilst also providing powerful Ice STAB for the team. Kyurem-B is underlooked in my opinion and the mixed set provides great offensive pressure. I did try the Sub set but I think going all out attacking with it is just better for me. I even threw a Choice Scarf on it initially, but I found that late game, it messed me about, so I went with Expert Belt so you can feign that, then surprise your opponent when you change up moves later. The set has completely changed now. I've adapted the common Sub set to fit what I need. 56 HP Evs give it 405HP, so 101 subs + odd number; 236 Speed EVs give it 285, so ouspeeding base +ve 80s, the the rest just gets invested into Special Attack

So here's the team guys; it's very Fairy-weak once Bisharp goes down, but apart from that. I think it's quite solid, so let me know what you guys think and try it out for yourself :]

Last edited:
Hey dude nice team here. I don't have much time and your team doesn't have many flaws so this will be short!
On Keldeo I recommend icy wind it maybe a bit weaker but the speed drop will really help you out.

Second your speed EV's on Zygarde to outspeed uninvested base 100s is unnecessary the only base 100 pokemon I know that won't invest in speed is Tentacruel and eve that isn't too common, tell me if I'm wrong but I would probably put those EV's into attack. I really don't know why you invested in special defense but if it works for you, great! :D
Lastly the Zygarde gets walled completely but Gengar so watch out

But solid team! Good luck!

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
The special defense investment on Zygarde is so it can take special hits whilst boosting it's defense with Coil.
I'll try out Icy Wind, tbh, I completely forgot about that move so yeah that'll be on there now haha

Hey on Keldeo I would recommends the set with Hydro Pump Scald Secret Sword and Hidden Power Flying. It allows you to have a chance to burn things keldeo cant touch such as Azumarill and flying has better typing to hit mons like Venusaur. Even with explosion smeargle will do next to no damage, so Memento is a better move on smeargle to gain momentum and set up easily. Your wallbreaker Kyurem-B set should be changed to this one:

Cube (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 240 SAtk / 216 Spd
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Ice Beam and Earthpower are stall breaking moves, Substitute is the main difference between the sets. Sub lets you completely beat Rotom, since you block status and rotom can barely 3shot your sub with volt switch. 52 HP is 404 HP to take a seismic toss without getting sub broken and the rest of the EVs I forgot what I calced for. Dragon Claw really isnt needed since it's neither a good STAB nor has good coverage.

Is Explosion Smeargle really doing a lot of damage?I guess it's stab but Smeargle doesn't exactly have the best attack...I will switch it for Magic Coat.Also the most common defoggers are Mandibuzz and Skarmory and the best rapid spinner is Excadrill.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Magic Coat won't stop Defog from clearing hazards; Explosion will damage them + definitely prevent that from happening

Hey there! Nice team you've got here, I really like the style you're using as everything was UU before (Back in the beta *shivers*). Anyway, I'll get onto the quick little rate, there isn't much I see wrong, but let's get into it!

On Gardevoir, I don't know much about the EVs, but they seem slightly odd even though they work fine, so not much to say about that - but it's a pretty creative set, so good job! Smeargle, Memento > Explosion, as Explosion is going to do absolute shit damage with Smeargle's attack, Memento on the other hand, still does the same role but it easily better due to you lowering their offensive stats drastically, making it easier for many of your Pokemon to switch in an attack/forces a switch. On Bisharp, I don't know why you're running Jolly, there isn't much of significance Jolly is going to outrun, so I recommend you put Adamant Nature on Bisharp. Keldeo, I recommend that HP [Flying] is only used for once you start seeing Venusaur's often (In higher levels they're EVERYWHERE), otherwise it's pretty okay. Extreme Speed is a super odd option on Zygarde, as yes, you DO outspeed Sucker Punch/Brave Bird/Etc, but what does it really do for you? Nothing really, Dragon Tail should be used over Extreme Speed. The Kyurem-B set has already been touched on, so that's all I can offer.

Good luck!

I'd maybe reconsider HP Ice over Icy Wind if you're not after a different HP - you only really use Icy Wind for the x4 SE hits, most of which Timid Keldeo will out speed anyway, but the 95% accuracy of Icy Wind can be a huge frustration when it doesn't land. I speak from bitter experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)