Metagame Fortemons

I had a fury cutter forte ambipom that made use of double hit and dual chop. but suddenly when I tried to play today, it said that I can't have ambipom learn double hit or dual chop anymore. Did they ban fixed multihit moves?

question though. If I set a forte as rollout, do my moves get boosted after I use defense curl?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone, I'll be leading Fortemons now.

To start, I want to say thank you to Pipotchi for this amazing concept and leading it until this point. Your input will always be appreciated. Meanwhile, I think everyone agrees that there are two things we need to look at: priority and Return, so stay tuned for that.

Also, for now, apparently multi-hit moves were banned on the ladder. This wasn't a tiering decision (though they'd be looked at anyway, if Return got to stay), and I don't know what caused it, but I just wanted to make sure you all knew.

Our prayers have been answered!

Also here are the 3 things I am seeing to be Pretty strong that are not considered op by most

Flame charge

VoltTurn

Draining moves

Last edited:
How come things which specificly mention accuracy as its secondary effect, don't effect from what i can tell from what I see people say?
As much as "this move does not check accuracy" sounds like a secondary effect, this information is coded into the move's accuracy, which isn't something Fortemons copies. (I think this is why at any rate). I think it would be cool if you could use Aerial Ace or Smart Strike to make all of your moves always hit, though.

Yo Draining Kiss Tapu Lele is butt bouncing a lot of the meta's beef boys

75% Healing on some of the most powerful moves in the game ok bud

Heres the set I've been using but its up to interpretation

Tapu Lele @ Draining Kiss
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Defensive Tsareena leaves a good feeling in my belly too, and makes for a nice "Eat dick, priority" core.

Tsareena (F) @ Rapid Spin
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trop Kick
- U-turn
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

To be fair the EV's could use some work but theres a reason I blow chunks at this game

Reactions: nv
So would any pokemon with an ability that boosts a certain type of attack, i.e Clawncher's Mega Launcher with a Pulse or Sphere move as the item, get the boost on all attacks?

I've decided to make a viability ranking (in my opinion, subject to change later) of all the top Pokèmon in Fortemons. Soo...

S Rank- Made for only Pokèmon who excel in the current meta. These mons are the hardest to KO, easiest to sweep with, and counter a lot of the standard Pokèmon running around.
A Rank- Made for Pokèmon who are great in the current meta, but can be stopped in their tracks by other Pokèmon or do their job just a little bit worse than the S ranks.
B Rank- Made for the Pokemon who do everything good, just slightly worse than those in the A or S ranks. These Pokemon are often still usable, but they might take a little more thought within team building

C Rank- Made for the Pokèmon who are mediocre in the current meta. They're either hard-countered by some Pokèmon, are outclassed by other mons, easy to predict, or just simply it's really hard to build a team around them.

S Rank

-Tapu Lele (Choice Scarf, Draining Kiss, Charge Beam)
-Tsareena (Feint, Giga Drain, U-Turn, Rapid Spin, Trop Kick)

A+ Rank

-Heatran (Magma Storm, Flame Charge, Leftovers)
-Celesteela (Absorb, Flame Charge, Leftovers)
-Blacephalon (Flame Charge)
-Muk- Alola (Payback, Return, Giga Drain)
-Ash Greninja (U-Turn)

A Rank
-Victini (U-Turn, Flame Charge, Quick Attack, Return)
-Greninja (Return, U-Turn)
- Zeraora (Volt Switch)
- Mew (Dragon Tail, Frost Breath, Flame Charge, Volt Switch)
-Tyranitar (Payback, Avalanche, Tyranitarite)

A- Rank

-Kartana (Return, Vacuum Wave, Choice Scarf)
- Bruxish (Aqua Jet, Frost Breath, Return, Choice Scarf)
-Zygarde (Extreme Speed, Choice Scarf, Thousand Arrows)
-Tapu Koko (Volt Switch, Quick Attack)
-Comfey (Return, U-Turn)
B+ Rank

-Lucario (Feint)
-Togekiss (Extreme Speed)
-Azumarill (Aqua Jet, U-Turn, Whirlpool)
-Conkeldurr (Mach Punch, Return)

B Rank
-Araquanid (Frost Breath, Leech Life)
-Pinsir (Feint)
-Heracross (Feint)
-Crawdaunt (Return, Aqua Jet, Fury Cutter)

B- Rank
-Toxapex (Infestation, Scald)
-Tapu Bulu (Giga Drain, Rock Tomb, Payback)
-Stakataka (Gyro Ball)

C+ Rank
-Infernape (Choice Scarf, U-Turn, Mach Punch)
-Mamoswine (Ice Shard, Freeze Dry, Icy Wind)

C Rank
-Medicham (Feint, Force Palm)
-Typhlosionu (Quick Attack, Flame Charge

C- Rank
-Electrivire (Feint, Discharge)
-Goodra (Feint, Dragon Tail)
-Bewear (Drain Punch, Return)

I'm adding more later.... if you have any suggestions, just post them below, and I'll take them into consideration. I've only got limited amounts of time atm, so adios

Last edited:
I've decided to make a viability ranking (in my opinion, subject to change later) of all the top Pokèmon in Fortemons. Soo...

S Rank- Made for only Pokèmon who excel in the current meta. These mons are the hardest to KO, easiest to sweep with, and counter a lot of the standard Pokèmon running around.
A Rank- Made for Pokèmon who are great in the current meta, but can be stopped in their tracks by other Pokèmon or do their job just a little bit worse than the S ranks.

S Rank

-Tapu Lele (Choice Scarf, Draining Kiss, Charge Beam)
-Tsareena (Feint, Giga Drain, U-Turn, Rapid Spin)

A+ Rank

-Heatran (Magma Storm, Flame Charge, Leftovers)
-Celesteela (Absorb, Flame Charge, Leftovers)
-Blacephalon (Flame Charge)
-Muk- Alola (Payback, Return, Giga Drain)
-Ash Greninja (U-Turn)

A Rank
-Greninja (Return, U-Turn)
-Conkeldurr (Return, Mach Punch)
- Zeraora (Volt Switch)
-

A- Rank
-Kartana (Return, Vacuum Wave, Choice Scarf)
- Bruxish (Aqua Jet, Frost Breath, Return, Choice Scarf)

I'm adding more later.... if you have any suggestions, just post them below, and I'll take them into consideration. I've only got limited amounts of time atm, so adios
Mew would be mid A at least, it can a ridiculous amount of sets both defensive as a pivot(dragontail, uturn) and offensive(frost breath others I might've missed). I think Conkeldur could be B power up punch and mach punch boosted by return make a deadly combination, but it's shut down by most tapu lele.

Mew would be mid A at least, it can a ridiculous amount of sets both defensive as a pivot(dragontail, uturn) and offensive(frost breath others I might've missed). I think Conkeldur could be B power up punch and mach punch boosted by return make a deadly combination, but it's shut down by most tapu lele.
I agree with you on mew. However, Conk is such a big problem for most teams because of the massive power boost it gets with Return + Iron fist, making all of its moves 123 power + Stab. The common set now runs thunder punch, which okoes a Lele from full, so it's just about a little bit of predicting, which isn't too bad in this meta.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
So would any pokemon with an ability that boosts a certain type of attack, i.e Clawncher's Mega Launcher with a Pulse or Sphere move as the item, get the boost on all attacks?
Absolutely; the "pulse" aspect of the move counts as a forte. Water Pulse is probably the best option, as it also grants the confusion chance, although Dark Pulse could be good if you somehow get Clawitzer fast enough to administer flinches.

Araquanid -> A-

Webs is very potent in current meta where Speed is a huge factor. This mon is the hardest hitting Sticky Web user we have, with Frost Breath giving guaranteed crits. It’s bulky specially and not-so physically but can certainly survive a hit with max HP investment.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Only multihits that hit 2-5 times (and Beat Up) are banned. How about you read the OP?
theres no need to be a jackass

anyways, multihits were not accidentally banned. they were intentionally all banned in the code until the bug that causes them to be glitchy is fixed. DrPumpkinz Ekarrissor that ivy guy Shoopz_Whisper

i already informed snaq about this on PS earlier.

What is the bug?

Wait charge beam I still legal?

also does the ion deluge effect mean that normal moves would become an electric type like a pseudo galvanize?

Zygarde (UR) -> A-/B+

Not only does Extreme Speed give +2 priority to all of Zygarde’s moves, but it also creates room for coverage and lets Zygarde use Coil instead of DD. Zygarde is a fantastic cleaner, and having other options (Iron Tail, Sub, Glare, DD) means it isn’t always dead weight against Lele/Tsareena (even if they wall Extreme Speed as an item)

I agree with you on mew. However, Conk is such a big problem for most teams because of the massive power boost it gets with Return + Iron fist, making all of its moves 123 power + Stab. The common set now runs thunder punch, which okoes a Lele from full, so it's just about a little bit of predicting, which isn't too bad in this meta.
It is a potent offensive threat but reason why I'd put it at lower A or High B after using it for a while myself is that due to it's lackluster speed it's constantly being threatened by fast common threats such as blaceph and faster priority. While it enjoys psychic terrain that leaves it a sitting duck against faster threats that it would normally use mach punch for, (greninja, lele, blaceph), even with webs it can fail to outspeed threats like tapu lele, running max speed ev's let's it get to 189, which means sacrificing useful bulk. I feel Conk is deadly in concept but it lacks the speed or bulk to function in this fast paced metagame.

EDIT:Wording and Spelling

EDIT: Does anyone else feel priority isn't as overcentralizing as it seems? Because simply running 1 anti prioity mon or lele completely shuts it down for potentially multiple turns, I've been seeing less and less priority on the ladder lately and whenever I run into one it's always just a free switch in for lele. I feel return is something that should be potentially looked at, it's extremely splashable and just the go-to item for almost any attacker. An item clause could be tested

Last edited:
Yeah, I've also found that it's pretty easy to have priority-Forte mons blanked for turns straight by the anti-priority squad. They're blanked so hard that I think it easily compensates for the surprise factor and ability to swing games that priority KOs bring (and even for the priority wars that I knew would inevitably result--I always pack either an Extreme Speed-Forte mon, a Feint-Forte mon, or Tapu Lele because the other priority moves as Fortes will always lose the priority war). Several times, I've had my only priority-Forte mon being my last mon and losing to Tapu Lele.

Anyway, my nomination suggestions:

Add Trop Kick to Tsareena
I've had success with Specially Defensive Tsareena with Trop Kick, that auto-Attack lowerer, as the Forte. Decent Tapu Koko switch-in and reliable enough spinner. With Power Whip, High Jump Kick, and U-turn, she's often not the passive set-up bait Ferrothorn can be (Ferrothorn's coverage can't get past Steels or Fires in comparison).

Victini -> A
I've generally found that Victini is one of the best U-turn abusers in the meta because not many things honestly want to switch into V-create, especially repeatedly. Heatran gets outsped and jabbed fairly hard by Brick Break, so you don't lose much momentum. Most water-types are risky switch-ins because of Bolt Strike. It's easy enough to get Victini in--being a check to Tapu Lele without Shadow Ball helps. I've had some success with Flame Charge because you outspeed checks and can U-turn out at worst. I haven't tried other Fortes like Charge Beam, Rock Smash, Quick Attack, or Return yet, but I'm sure they have their uses. ...Especially since an opposing Victini once surprised me hard with Quick Attack surprise KOing.

Heracross -> A
It's one of the best Feint abusers in the meta, IMO. Megahorn and Close Combat being really strong STABs helps, Stone Edge can KO Landorus-T fast enough and hit flying- and bug-types hard enough, and Earthquake surprises cocky Victini and Tapu Koko. Due to mediocre bulk and speed, I've found other-Forte Heracross to be far too easy to beat. But dang does it revenge kill and clean teams like a pro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)