Forum Style Bug Reports

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Post any issues/suggestions you find with any forum styles here.

I can't guarantee that I will make every change that is suggested, though I will try my best to respond to all of them. You can post suggestions for future style concepts, which we will take into consideration but not commit to working on in any particular order or timeline.

I will delete issue posts once they are fixed.

Thanks! :>

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Could we get dark mode for me and my fellow dark mode discord users?
If you download Stylish as a Chrome extension there’s a really great dark mode project on there (run through a Smogon user who posts updates on here too).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don’t like how the headers are circular on the index—especially with the tops of the white bits being visible over it (see screenshot). Otherwise it’s great though.

386A0438-D45F-4B10-BCA1-DF25A643102C.png

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I want to get an alert whenever someone deletes one of my posts, should I post that as a suggestion here?
It depends on whether the mod ticks the notification of deletion box so u probably won’t have much luck asking here. It’s good practice for mods to use it for the majority (keyword) of deletions but honestly that doesn’t mean they will, so sry abt that :/

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is the Christmas theme gonna be available year round for those that like the color scheme/forum organization better than the default or just at Christmas time?

Edit: For an actual suggestion I'd say remove the please excuse our look during the redesign message at the bottom because with the holiday at smogon message above it, it just feels like theres too much text there and gets a little crowded imo

Last edited:

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is there a way for the Holiday theme to be the default one even when browsing Smogon without logging in? Right now whenever I'm logging out, it reverts back to the blue style.

this is a long shot but we could have a theme for every Pokémon (or legendary) so people can customize it a bit more to their own tastes.

for example we could have Ho-Oh as our theme so we could have him(or her depends the way you look at it) for our background and Ho-Oh's base coulors for the theme.

this is just a thought:pikuh::pikuh:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Is there a way for the Holiday theme to be the default one even when browsing Smogon without logging in? Right now whenever I'm logging out, it reverts back to the blue style.
The blue style is the default style since it is no longer the holidays, so it'll always switch back upon logging out.
this is a long shot but we could have a theme for every Pokémon (or legendary) so people can customize it a bit more to their own tastes.
I'm just one man.

:pikuh:

I don't know if it has anything to do here or nah, but I don't find any other place to talk bout that.

I'm a weirdo that tries to fill everything when I create a profile somewhere. When you edit your profile, there's "My Characteristic". In here, line 3 "Often scatters things" and line 4 "Scatter things often".

It triggers me for no damn reason. Dunno if you're the one that can change that or nah.

Ereshkigal

Kur Kigal Irkalla !!!
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if it's the right place to ask, (I think so but I'm not sure) but as one who uses Festive Style, this morning this style was available, but this afternoon it was no longer available and I went back to default. So I wanted to know if it was normal or not

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I don't know if it's the right place to ask, (I think so but I'm not sure) but as one who uses Festive Style, this morning this style was available, but this afternoon it was no longer available and I went back to default. So I wanted to know if it was normal or not
It got broken with the new Xenforo update and since it was antemortem's addition and he's not around to fix it, it most likely won't be updated.

I'm encountering a lot of frustrating forum bugs with today's update

Here's one example:
Screenshot(525).png

When I went to bold 'SM OU' it ended up bolding that and the entire usage statistic chart right underneath it. If I unbold it and publish it it still will likely show up as bolded (even if I manually go in and delete the responsible BB code causing it - it comes back fsr). There's also a similar issue with hyperlinking: if I hyperlink one section of a thread navigator it'll spread the hyperlink to the stats beneath it and other unhyperlinked text in the navigator which is a massive pain to fix. I also couldn't center the logo in the screen by clicking on the image and selecting that alignment; I had to go in and write that bbcode manually (despite the 'right' and 'left' alignment options working just fine)

In Generation V, Blue-Striped Basculin can have Rock Head, Reckless, Adaptability, And Mold Breaker. Despite this, it still says that Reckless and Blue-Striped Basculin are incompatible.

Post any issues/suggestions you find with any forum styles here.

I can't guarantee that I will make every change that is suggested, though I will try my best to respond to all of them. You can post suggestions for future style concepts, which we will take into consideration but not commit to working on in any particular order or timeline.

I will delete issue posts once they are fixed.

Thanks! :>
I need help and didn't know where to go. Me and my fiance are trying to get into showdown and it says something strange and won't let us log in.

O Showdown simplesmente não funciona no meu PC, fica carregando infinitamente e não dá para fazer nada.

Alguém me ajuda

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)