ORAS OU Forza! Italian HO (1500+)

Hey guys, Iconic here with my second RMT! I was looking for a throwback kind of core that took advantage of Mega Pinsir. I wanted to make A hyper offense team because of how balanced the meta is and how it can easily it can be destroyed by HO. I decided to use the Italian HO core that I saw a while back and man is it fun.

Team Building Process:
I started with the core of magnezone and pinsir because pinsir struggles with bulky steel types in general and magnezone counters that and gives free switch ins to the main sweepers of the team.

Then I added a sub SD terrakion because it's rather unexpected and it can punch holes in almost every team with it's amazing coverage.

Then I added an Azumarril to sponge up hits but also keep up offensive pressure.

I then added a Latias to give defog support and because healing wish is super good on HO.

I needed a rocker, heatran counter and fly spam so i added Lando T.

I discovered that Lando seemed to not be the best at getting up rocks, and heatran has multiple checks in terak, pinsir, and azu so i changed it to mamo for guaranteed rocks. I was then weak to Talonflame so I put in Magneton instead of zone in order to outspeed and OHKO.

In Depth:

Here's the main threat in the team. It has everything really, monstrous attack, good speed and priority to top it off. Pinsir has always been one of my favorite megas and I decided it was time to build a team around it. After and SD it will punch an enormous hole in the opponents team, however it doesn't really need an SD. Most of the time it can come in and just straight up sweep the remnants of the opponents team with aerilate quick attack or just out speed and spam return which deals massive damage. I opted for CC over EQ because I like the extra power that it has.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Terrakion:

Here's Pinsir's partner in crime. This thing is incredibly dangerous with it's awesome speed tier coupled with great typing and coverage. If allowed to get a sub up it's basically curtains for the opponent. With an SD this thing can OHKO just about anything in it's path due to the coverage. The only problem is that with sub+LO damage it gets worn down quickly and has no way to add any longevity. However, with this being a fast paced team it doesn't really have much effect on how effective it is. Overall this thing is pretty amazing and, honestly way better than diggersby imo. Salac berry solves the longevity problem making it extra good. You can just sub into the range of salac and then basically be scarfed, then can only truly be beat by priority.

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Magneton:

Exact same job as it's predecessor zone, however it has that crucial base 70 that lets it out-speed Talonflame, which can be a huge threat to this team if Terrakion is weakened. Volt switch OHKOs and I just like it better overall after testing it. The power loss isn't really notable, but the bulk is, however most of the things it traps cannot touch it for neutral damage even, so it really isn't a problem. Overall a really good change and I'm very happy with it.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Azumarril:

Here's smogon bunny himself. This thing is an absolute monster with a AV. with solid HP and Spdef stats already, giving it an Av just makes it a beast. I went with double water fairy STAB and knock off because I have CC on two other mons and knock off can be very helpful. This thing finds itself in position to do damage a little too often honestly. It has the bulk to switch in on huge threats and then force a switch and bop the incoming mon. It also helps cure my water weakness and also gives me a solid switch in to outrage, because in the end every team honestly needs a fairy type in this meta.

what was originally an AV set has progressed to a BD set that in truth is genius. I don't know why I didn't see the potential myself, but thanks to the suggestion it makes the team even more potent. It sets up on a lot of things honestly, especially choice locked mons, but the big blue bunny can come in after one of my downs and hard counter a lot of mons really and click the win button. I love this thing and thanks for the suggestion!

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Latias:

I decided to opt for latias as my hazard control honestly because it is so splashable. with it's great typing and stats it really fits on every team, and also completes my pseudo DSF core. I chose her over her brother because of the access to healing wish. I love healing wish on HO because it gives a much more dangerous threat a second chance of ripping a hole in the other team. I went for the Dual STAB because it's always nice to be able to drop a nuke whenever and also because psyshock allows it to take care of the obnoxious keldeo very easily.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Mamoswine:

Lando was not getting up rocks effectively enough, but I was reluctant to go to a sash lead due to talonflame being a problem, but then I had the magneton revelation and it was finally time to add a good rocker. I've been in love with mamo for a while due to it's bulk and priority. Also, it counters common leads especially lando and gliscor which is reallly nice. I used the endavor set because it usually gets at least one threat out of the way, and if the opposing lead is hard to hit normally, endeavor will take care of it.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

So that;s the team! any comments and suggestions are appreciated!

Importable:
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
awesome team but i think you should run 84 speed on azu instead of 16 as it gelps it out speed clefable to prevent you from losing from it since your team does have a chance to lose to it and you domt want to risk that.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Nice DragPinsir team, nice to see Terrakion get some usage. You are using SubSD, so I recommend Salac Berry. If you can get worn down enough and then set up a sub, you will receive the Salac boost, and with a +2 attack boost, only priority is capable of beating you. With the salac berry Terrakion becomes a better sweeper and late game cleaner.

Assault Vest Azumarill is interesting but when Hyper Offense begins to punch holes in teams and weaken defensive cores, that opens up a chance for Belly Drum Azu to sweep. Assault Vest Azumarill was actually a supposed Greninja check in XY before it got Gunk Shot. Now AV just isn't that good.

Your team dents Rotom-Wash but its still a pain for your team to beat, an interesting option you should consider is Mold Breaker Pinsir because you can Earthquake a Rotom-Wash switch in. If you're worried about Pinsir not being able to beat Tyranitar, you have Azumarill and Terrakion. Hyper Offense is really prediction dependent, and Rotom-Wash is a common flying check on many teams. By doing this it also opens up opportunities for the aforementionted Belly Drum Azumarill.

I don't excatly see many threats defensively or offensively to this team, Mega Pinsir is such a great wallbreaker and this is a great team.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

• I'll have to test salac berry as, while it seems great in theory, terrakion isn't the bulkiest of mons. However, if it gets the boost that's literally game, but LO gives that extra power on every hit. I'll definitely give it a shot.
  • On mold breaker pinsir, I think hyper cutter is more useful because earthquake is not going to OHKO, however it gets 100% 2HKo after rocks, so i'll test it, but being immune from intimidate is usually pretty useful. And latias is a pretty safe switch in on rotom.
  • BD Azumarril is honestly genious for this team nd I'll definitely try it out.
Tank you for the suggestions!

Okay, after some testing and revelations, I made some pretty significant changes to the team that I would love to be reviewed! (Sorry for the bump)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)