Gen 3 FR/LG Team - Need help to beat my mates, plz

Hello Community!

Probably you know the following scenario:
Drunk adults talking about past times and of course old Pokemon games must be thrown in as a discussion topic: Who was the one and only Pokemon-Master?! (Of course none of us, cause we were all absolute shite) ^^
--> After some additional beer, the group decides to remove dust from their gameboys and find it out.

Following rules were set:
- LV cap 80
- No legendaries except the three birds from RBY
- Every attack is allowed (no sleep clause etc.)
- No cheating
- No items
- Only Pokemon you can catch in FR/ LG (or trade between this two)

I know this rules kinda limit the possibilities for a good competitive team.

I hope, some of you pro-guys could give me some hints for a good PKMN team to beat these noobs :P

I know my mates will definetely pick: Gengar (with Hypnosis), Snorlax (no rest talk i suppose), Tyranitar, Zapdos and perhaps Alakazam, Gyarados and Aerodactyl.

Here are some of my ideas so far:

SNORLAX
  • Curse
  • Bodyslam
  • Rest
  • Earthquake/ Shadow Ball/ Fireblast
I want to play the mighty Curse-Lax. I can´t decide who to counter with the last move: either Tyranitar or Gengar. But i´m pretty sure that Gengar will be taught Hypnosis and I´m afraid of falling to sleep without any chance using shadow ball. So i tend to choose Earthquake. Fireblast would cover Steel types.

BLISSEY
  • Calm Mind
  • Icebeam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Softboiled
I want Blissey as a sponge for the Special Attacks and as a Calm Mind-Sweeper. Back in the days I was a fan of the Icebeam-Thunderbolt combination (Thunderbolt vs. Gyarados / Icebeam vs. Zapdos) and with Calm Mind I hope to deal a lot of Dmg. Softboiled should give me more time to set up.

ZAPDOS
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
  • Thunderbolt
  • Drillpeck/ Toxic/ ?
I don´t want to miss Zapdos, just because of its nice stats. I think of a rest-talk zapdos, cause it´s durable and can make some Dmg with Thunderbolt. Also it´s my counter to sleep. But I don´t know what to pick a a fourth move. I still has Nightmares facing Gengar and Hypnosis. Drillpeck would probably be good against some grass types with sleep powder.

SKARMORY
  • Spikes
  • Whirlwind
  • Toxic
  • Protect
My physical wall I want to use. Skarmory is just great as a physical wall and annoying with toxic and spikes. In combination with Blissey I hope to cover physical and special attacks while spike shuffling and set up with calm mind. I don´t know if it is a good idea at all but in my noob-head it makes sense ^^ As I already use Rest for Zapdos, i obviously can´t use it on Skarmory without cheating, so i took protect.

Now I am in trouble. I know, I need two Sweeper, but I don´t know who I should pick. I love Tauros and Heracross but I´m not sure if they fit in the team. Additionally I still got the issue with Gengar. His speed and a sleep-attack are things i am afraid of. I also thought about Starmie with Psychic to counter Gengar and have also a Surf-user what is very important imo. I think, I also lack a Despotar counter, except Snorlax with curse and earthquake. Also thought about an own

Despotar
  • Dragon Dance
  • Rock Slide
  • Earthquake
  • Crunch/ Persuit/ Fire Blast

It would be awesome if you could help me with ideas for a good team!! And I promise going to sleep after some beer instead of accepting stupid competitions :P

Thank you in advance!

SNORLAX
  • Curse
  • Bodyslam
  • Rest
  • Earthquake/ Shadow Ball/ Fireblast
I want to play the mighty Curse-Lax. I can´t decide who to counter with the last move: either Tyranitar or Gengar. But i´m pretty sure that Gengar will be taught Hypnosis and I´m afraid of falling to sleep without any chance using shadow ball. So i tend to choose Earthquake. Fireblast would cover Steel types.
I like your Snorlax, I also used a Curse/Rest/Body Slam Snorlax. As the 4th move I sugest Shadow Ball to vanish the Gengar, and since it can have hypnosis, you should equip a Chesto Berry in your Snorlax.

ZAPDOS
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
  • Thunderbolt
  • Drillpeck/ Toxic/ ?
I don´t want to miss Zapdos, just because of its nice stats. I think of a rest-talk zapdos, cause it´s durable and can make some Dmg with Thunderbolt. Also it´s my counter to sleep. But I don´t know what to pick a a fourth move. I still has Nightmares facing Gengar and Hypnosis. Drillpeck would probably be good against some grass types with sleep powder.
I would teach Agility + Baton Pass to your Zapdos, but I don't know if Baton Pass is a valid move in your tier, since it just learn via Game Cube.

- Every attack is allowed (no sleep clause etc.)
If every attack is allowed, why not use it? Do you can have Breloom or Smeargle in your team? Both can learn Spore and are very usefull.
Or you can have a Lapras with Horn Drill and Sheer Cold, another banned move of Smogon who is very powerfull and can decide the battle.
Or maybe a Ninjask with Double Team and Baton Pass, other annoying pokémon you can use to garantee one victory.

I hope isn't to late to your championship and you can win that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)