LC Frillish [QC 1/1] [GP 1/1] (LC)

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
Level: 5
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex
- Scald

With its signature Water / Ghost typing, Frillish finds itself in a good spot in the metagame. This is thanks to having the ability to take on physical attackers such as Onix and Bunnelby while punishing Knock Off users such as Mienfoo, Pawniard, and Ferroseed that may try to switch in with Will-O-Wisp. Thanks to Hex, it is also able to deal reliable amounts of damage to Pokemon that it has burned to make it quite useful offensively. Cursed Body works well with Recover, as it makes it difficult to keep attacking Frillish if there is only one move that can hit it hard. However, it is weak to Knock Off, so it is beneficial to have Pokemon such as Mienfoo or Spritzee on the team to soak up Dark-type attacks from the likes of Pawniard or Vullaby.

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Magma I can check it too, as of today.
Please Edit. [My Comment.]
Frillish @ Eviolite
Bold Nature

- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex
- Scald

[I'm aware you probably grabbed the set from somewhere, but hitting 25 HP matters (somewhat) for recover and the extra point in Defense doesn't seem to matter.]

Frillish often finds itself floating around the middle of the viability rankings in LC. [I don't feel like this is worth having.] This is largely due to its pivot set, [1) this is a set spotlight, so the phrasing is unideal. 2) not a good hook now anyway. Try "This bulky Frillish set.." or "With its signature Water- / Ghost- typing..." ] having the ability to take on physical attackers such as Onix, whilst also punishing Knock Off users such as Mienfoo, Pawniard, and Ferroseed that may try to switch in with Will-O-Wisp. Thanks to Hex it is also able to deal reliable amounts of damage to Pokemon that it has burnt to make it quite useful offensively. Cursed Body also stops Choiced Pokemon from being able to spam attacks against it, while Recover allows it to keep longevity throughout the match up, acting as a defensive pivot throughout. [I feel like this isn't how you should get this point across. I think the best choice is to talk about Cursed Body in tandem with Recover making it difficult to do sustained damage to Frillish if you have only one strong attack for it. I'll let you figure out how you want to word that.] As Frillish is weak to Knock Off it is beneficial to have Pokemon such as Mienfoo or Spritzee on the team to soak up Dark-type attacks from the likes of Pawniard or Vullaby.
Once you implement the above, either tag me here or find me on discord (fiend#8794) for approval.

e: talked on discord, qc: 1/1

Last edited:

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments | [AC = add comma]
Frillish @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex
- Scald

With its signature Water- and Ghost-typing Water / Ghost typing, Frillish finds itself in a good spot in the metagame. This is thanks to having the ability to take on physical attackers such as Onix and bunnelby, whilst Bunnelby while also punishing Knock Off users such as Mienfoo, Pawniard, and Ferroseed that may try to switch in with Will-O-Wisp. Thanks to Hex. [AC] it is also able to deal reliable amounts of damage to Pokemon that it has burnt burned to make it quite useful offensively. Cursed Body works well with Recover, [AC] as it makes it difficult to keep attacking it Frillish if there is only one move that can hit Frillish it hard. However, it is weak to Knock Off, [AC] so it is beneficial to have Pokemon such as Mienfoo or Spritzee on the team to soak up Dark-type attacks from the likes of Pawniard or Vullaby.
GP 1/1
frostration-GP-small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)