SS OU Fun BO with psychic terrain Cloyster win condition

Intro:

I came up with this team yesterday and have been thoroughly enjoying playing it on the ladder. I'm a new player so climbing isn't really my goal but nevertheless this team got me to the 1500's which is the highest I've gotten. It features Cloyster under psychic terrain as the main wincon as well as other fun mons like Flinchrachi and SD Garchomp. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Offensive Core:

cloyster.jpg

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Cloyster is a potent sweeper, base 125 multi attacks means it can break through most neutral resists and focus stashed pokemon without the aid of stealth rocks but it struggles against priority, apposing stealth rocks and sand. Cloyster usually comes in after lele sets up terrain either from a Rotom pivot or endgame sack and sets up while taking a hit. Apposing multi attacks aren't a concern as Cloyster's natural bulk allow it to tank dragon darts and surging strikes before a shell smash, though +1 dragapult is still a concern due to its speed tier.

tapu-lele.jpg

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

I needed a way to circumvent cloyster's weakness to priority and thats where Tapu Lele comes in, psychic terrain nullifies priority which means the fastest pokemon will always have the advantage. Lele is also a strong special attacker with great coverage which was dearly needed on the team, focus blast and thunderbolt punish steel types and steel flyers when they switch in, putting them in cloyster's range.

garchomp (1).jpg

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Fire Blast

Then I wanted a secondary sweeper that enjoyed psychic terrain but didn't need it. Garchomp is a mon I'm very comfortable with and have used to sweep many unprepared teams. I initially used standard SD chomp but later gave it focus sash to deal with others dancers and fire blast + naughty nature to kill or severely weaken grass steels that it and cloyster struggled with. Rocks aren't necessary because of multi attack spam. Garchomp usually comes in mid game to break the apposing team for a cloyster sweep.

Defensive Core:

jirachi.jpg

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

Next I need a way to deal with apposing terrain and that's where Jirachi comes in. It can switch into Tapu Fini and Coco to either KO them or spread thunder wave on a switch. It also serves as wish support and can hax its way through most mons that don't two shot it, zen headbut is there for bulky waters which the team can struggle against.

mandibuzz.jpg

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Then I needed something to deal with Rillaboom because Jirachi couldn't check it. Mandibuzz can come in and ko all Rillaboom variants or knock off on the switch. It also serves as my primary defogger to prevent rocks from breaking the two sash users. Finally it covers two major weaknesses on my team, it's a ghost resist to cover for Jirachi, dealing with Gengar and Dragapult as well as a answer to mold breaker Excadrill.

rotom-wash.jpg

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Defog

Finally I need a answer to sand and a secondary defogger incase Mandibuzz couldn't get the job done and rotom fit perfectly. Most rockers are weak to it which means I can always switch in on them and Hydro pump or defog on the switch. Also its great typing and ability make it a top pivot since ground types get hit by super effective Hydro pumps if they are stupid enough to switch in on a volt switch. Sand gets walled by it unless they have a mold breaker Excadrill or Dracozolt.

Threats/Annoyances:

quagsire.jpg

The team can struggle against phys def bulky waters and unaware users, quagsire combines both traits into one annoying mon to deal with. I usually resort to hax spamming with Jirachi after it switches in on thunderwaves.

regieleki.jpg

Regieleki has a insane speed tier which means it can out speed cloyster after a shell smash. That, combined with my team's lack of electric resists means that if garchomp falls regieleki can wreak havoc on the remaing mons.

rillaboom.jpg

Rillaboom has two tools which make it a major annoyance to the team, grassy terrain and grassy glide which allow it to completely stop Cloyster if it tries to setup. Dealing with rillaboom is necessary if cloyster ever wants to come in. Garchomp can take chunks off him with a surprise fire blast or ohko it with a bit of luck on a +2 scaleshot and mandibuzz is a dedicated switch in, nevertheless this mon can prove a major inconvenience.

magnezone.jpg

Magnet pull Magnezone can prove a major problem depending on it's teammates because of it's ability to trap and ko Jirachi crippling the team's defensive core and answer to apposing terrain.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)