Tournament Fusion Evolution Open [Won by Brodaha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Won in 3 games.

Honestly I think including this meta as a toru format was a mistake but this is the first PMGS, there's always gonan be some rough spots teh first time.
Fusion Evolution has been going on since 2015 with currently the V4 going on, two separate threads for Fusion Moves, and there's also Fusion Prevolutions so there's no surprise in it being a huge Pet Mod (It's actually great to see a Pet Mod being so active for these years with an active community).

There's a first time for something so this was for Fusion Evolution being played as the other Pet Mods, so the balancing would be done after the tour. More of the resources too would come in after the feedback from the tour users, which in future would make it less intimidating for the new users to start playing the Pet Mod.

There are already Bonus Stats and Ranking Dex page in the archive for comparing the fusions on roles statwise; FE Damage Calculator, Speed Tier, a rough VR, sample teams (and sets) starting from here. The abilities might be a lot to checkout but this can be treated as a new generation of Pokemon but with the movepools being simplified.

OU may be the most ideal competitive tier but being honest, without doubt Fusion Evolution is more fun than any of the formats for sure, it's almost as good as some of the best Other Metagames in battling.

A combination of Sleeping System then switching into Danceposter, Graceful Exit, and Rhythm Riddim are some of the abilities that I know which make the tier so great to play.

It would've been a better experience if you would've been more familiar, I'm not either, with the Pet Mod like Jucherz. There are a lot of users who are on the same page as you about info of the Pet Mod so it's great to have them still participating.

It would've been even better with the remaining 84 fusions and the client with sprites + teambuilder + tooltip info but this was all what we could manage.

Maybe we could get more about teambuilding in Fusion Evolution till the playoffs come on or when the next Fusion Evolution tour takes place :]

Last edited:
Fusion Evolution has been going on since 2015 with currently the V4 going on, two separate threads for Fusion Moves, and there's also Fusion Prevolutions so there's no surprise in it being a huge Pet Mod (It's actually great to see a Pet Mod being so active for these years with an active community).

There's a first time for something so this was for Fusion Evolution being played as the other Pet Mods, so the balancing would be done after the tour. More of the resources too would come in after the feedback from the tour users, which in future would make it less intimidating for the new users to start playing the Pet Mod.

There are already Bonus Stats and Ranking Dex page in the archive for comparing the fusions on roles statwise; FE Damage Calculator, Speed Tier, a rough VR, sample teams (and sets) starting from here. The abilities might be a lot to checkout but this can be treated as a new generation of Pokemon but with the movepools being simplified.

OU may be the most ideal competitive tier but being honest, without doubt Fusion Evolution is more fun than any of the formats for sure, it's almost as good as some of the best Other Metagames in battling.

A combination of Sleeping System then switching into Danceposter, Graceful Exit, and Rhythm Riddim are some of the abilities that I know which make the tier so great to play.

It would've been a better experience if you would've been more familiar, I'm not either, with the Pet Mod like Jucherz. There are a lot of users who are on the same page as you about info of the Pet Mod so it's great to have them still participating.

It would've been even better with the remaining 84 fusions and the client with sprites + teambuilder + tooltip info but this was all what we could manage.

Maybe we could get more about teambuilding in Fusion Evolution till the playoffs come on or when the next Fusion Evolution tour takes place :]
Balancing fusion evolutions would help, as would making everything work properly, but you’re missing the point if you think that’s the issue at hand. The real issue is that it’s a nightmare to build and play for. Like, you can’t compare it to picking up a new tier, it’s way beyond that. It’s like the difference between OU and LC, but taken up to 11, mix in the fact that you don’t even recognize the pokemon on sight and don’t have a tooltip, add in a hundred odd new moves and abilities, and then stir in the fact that the resources are just quite frankly not that good and the import export function is terrible for teambuilding, plus copious required use of /dt.

I get that fusion evolution is a flagship Pet Mod, and has a lot of fans, but making it something competative would probably require straight up gutting it or >hundreds of dedicated, skilled man-hours of hard work. It’s not an exaggeration to say that this is probably the tour I have enjoyed building for the least, ever, and I basically gave up and called it a day after making 1 team.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Balancing fusion evolutions would help, as would making everything work properly, but you’re missing the point if you think that’s the issue at hand. The real issue is that it’s a nightmare to build and play for. Like, you can’t compare it to picking up a new tier, it’s way beyond that. It’s like the difference between OU and LC, but taken up to 11, mix in the fact that you don’t even recognize the pokemon on sight and don’t have a tooltip, add in a hundred odd new moves and abilities, and then stir in the fact that the resources are just quite frankly not that good and the import export function is terrible for teambuilding, plus copious required use of /dt.

I get that fusion evolution is a flagship Pet Mod, and has a lot of fans, but making it something competative would probably require straight up gutting it or >hundreds of dedicated, skilled man-hours of hard work. It’s not an exaggeration to say that this is probably the tour I have enjoyed building for the least, ever, and I basically gave up and called it a day after making 1 team.
Fair enough we can take that as a thing to do from this tour, all that should be fixed/added when Fusion Evolution comes for the next time to reduce the problemo.
(Btw I did say about the teambuilding issue by saying that it'd have been better if we were more familiar with the Pet Mod with it being huge but I think it wasnt completely direct, my bad on that.)

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I'll be giving a 7-days extension before the deadline. If you haven't yet done your matches, do it before next monday night

I'll also be announcing I'll have to use two byes next turn due to the number of players

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
At the end of the day Fusion Evolution is always more about "check out this cool fusion" more than being an actual viable metagame
A good example of why some other Pet Mod aim for quality rather than quantity. Sure, most Pet Mods have a lot of changes or additions, but compared to FE, the quality control is much better and doesn't swayed too far from the OU metagame.

The Fusion Evolution as a concept is brilliant, and the concept is what got me interested in the first place. But there is not enough control and the amount of Fusions themselves is astounding... And leonard, you pretty much summerized what FE ended up to be.

I do not want to make anyone shocked and angry; I am only giving my two cents about it.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Dragon Heaven is back up after two days thanks to XpRienzo and Spandan and also...

The custom client has been updated!
Fusions can be directly added in the teambuilder, the tooltip is there, and an added feature that shows you the ability description of the Pokemon as they switch in like this:
1537439943642.png

You might also get a chance to see some of the fusions with added sprites (Mostly done by AquaticPanic) if you're using those fusions

But before you start the battling, be sure to follow this:
Make your team in the custom client ---> Export it to the original Dragon Heaven server ---> Challenge and accept from Dragon Heaven (server, not the client) only ---> Open the custom client and now you can use it for making moves and everything!
For uploading the replay,hit upload replay and just do what the client tells you to and we're good

Both the users should follow this otherwise the abilities won't work in battle.
Hope you like it!

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Time's up! The following are the coinflip results of the matches who weren't done:

money12wolf vs leonard (from big bang theory)
Gravity Monkey vs Gojiratar
Ludicrousity vs Yung Dramps

1537843738815.png

These can be reverted and given an extension in case of any proof of attempting to battle

This is Round 2, with the two Byes:

Anaconja vs Bye
Gojiratar vs Quantum Tesseract
KirbyRider1337 vs Jucherz
Brodha vs Bye
AquaticPanic vs Yoshiblaze
money12wolf vs Yung Dramps

You have seven days until the next round opens. Good luck!

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Since we had literally just one match done, I'll extend the limit until next monday

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Welp. Here are the rolls

Gojiratar vs Quantum Tesseract
money12wolf vs Yung Dramps

Round 3 (Semifinals):

money12wolf vs Gojiratar
Yoshiblaze vs Anaconja
Jucherz vs Brodha

One week to do the matches, as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)