SS OU Galarian Trick Room

Has Trick Room gotten better or worse in Sword and Shield OU?

• I think it's gotten so much better

Votes: 39 20.7%
  • I think it's gotten a bit better

Votes: 58 30.9%
  • I think it's about the same as last gen

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I think it's worse than last gen

Votes: 38 20.2%
  • give me tr rock lol

Votes: 26 13.8%

• Total voters
To put it simply, I've always loved Trick Room. I've always thought the idea of slow, bulky nukes moving faster than OU's typical speed demons and annihilating them is just so much fun to me. So as soon as Pokemon Sword and Shield dropped and I was looking for ideas of teams to build, I came up with a relatively simple team built around Stealth Rock/Trick Room/Explosion Bronzong getting off a Trick Room and allowing my slow, hard hitters to turn everything to dust. However, Showdown quickly updated, and Explosion was removed from Sword and Shield OU. This left me with my best lead option, and what I think is the second best Trick Room lead we have thus far, Runerigus. This is my team, and I hope you enjoy it.

runerigus.png

Runerigus (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Taunt
- Memento

This set is my typical Trick Room lead. It's sole purpose is to be the first Pokemon sent out, set up Stealth Rock/Trick Room, and use Memento to send in another Pokemon to take advantage of the 2-3 turns of Trick Room on the field. Runerigus's bulk and typing usually lets it setup Stealth Rock and Trick Room vs just about every Pokemon in the tier, with the exception of a few, such as Dracovish and Banded Darmanitan-Galar, although if Darm is Scarfed you will live it with at most 1% left. The EVs let Runerigus live the previously mentioned Darm-G's non Banded Icicle Crash, but it also lets it take 2 EQs from Jolly Life Orb Excadrill unboosted, and spinblocks it as well, which is nice, although its not as important for this team as say, Spikes stacking teams, and you'll see why later. The Mental Herb lets you set up Trick Room vs Taunt users (especially Grimmsnarl), and Taunt them back so they can't stop Trick Room from going up. The gameplan using this thing is simple: click Stealth Rock and Trick Room, and Memento if you get both up, although you'll only really have the chance to do this if you use Trick Room and then Memento immediately after.
Runerigus Art by SilverStarNeko on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SilverStarNeko1/media)

cursola.jpg

Cursola (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Perish Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Calm Mind

This is one of the most underrated Pokemon in all of Sword and Shield, and is ironically disliked more than its pre-evolution. But underestimate Cursola, and you'll fall victim to its wrath. Cursola was literally designed to be used in Trick Room; its base Speed is a mere 30, but it has a crazy high Special Attack of 145, tying with Vikavolt and Chandelure, but it functions better in Trick Room due to its very low Speed and great Special Defense, tying with Hoopa of all Pokemon. Under Trick Room, Cursola will usually OKHO just about every non-Dynamaxed Pokemon/very sturdy special wall in front of it, especially after a Calm Mind. Its unique Ability, Perish Body, lets it use Perish Song if it gets hit by a physical attack, which can be a game changer; every smart Pokemon player switches out a Pokemon under the effects of Perish Song on the last turn, so that last turn of Perish Song could be a crucial turn to let me set up Trick Room later in the game. I would highly recommend trying Cursola, most of the time, you won't be disappointed.
Image by Gobstop123 on DeviantArt (https://www.deviantart.com/gobstop123/art/Cursola-819095849)

hatterene.jpg

Hatterene (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Hatterene is probably the best Offensive Trick Room setter in the game; it is the only Pokemon with Magic Bounce that also gets Trick Room other than Xatu and Natu, which of course don't have Hatterene's stats, typing and movepool. This Pokemon is actually so much fun to use, Psychic/Fairy is easily one of the best types in the game, and having Magic Bounce and great Special Attack as well as Trick Room will make it so easy to get Trick Room off many times in a game and do something while Trick Room is up. Although its movepool is fairly bad (it doesn't even get Moonblast why GameFreak), Mystical Fire is very useful, as it OKHOes Ferrothorn and Excadrill, two very important threats to this team. Hatterene unfortunately can't set up Trick Room on nearly as many things as Runerigus, but what would a Trick Room team be without other things to use Trick Room? Let's continue shall we? (also respect the hat)
Image by Dobolkin on DeviantArt (https://www.deviantart.com/dobolkin/art/Hatterene-819298556)

mimikyu.jpg

Mimikyu (F) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick Room

To be completely honest, I was having trouble looking for Trick Room users. Every Pokemon I could find that could use it was either not bulky enough, not strong enough, or just snapped entirely. Then I remembered this thing exists. Mimikyu is probably the most useful member of this team; Disguise basically lets Mimikyu set up Trick Room vs basically everything that doesn't have Mold Breaker, Stalwart, Roar, Whirlwind, or Taunt. And since most of those things are basically non-existent, Mimikyu can guarantee a free Trick Room almost every game. Originally, I ran Mental Herb on this thing, but it was getting OKHOed by Excadrill's Iron Head, so Babiri Berry lets me live an Iron Head and get up a Trick Room if it doesn't flinch. It also lets me live an unboosted Steel Beam from Duraludon, which is the other relevant Mold Breaker/Stalwart user in this gen. I used to have Swords Dance on Mimikyu as well, but I never used it at all, so I replaced it with Shadow Sneak and called it a day. Just use this thing carefully, and it won't let you down.
Image by Redzombie204 on DeviantArt (https://www.deviantart.com/redzombie204/art/Mimikyu-fanart-By-Wolfen-C-644938986)

copperajah-gmax.jpg

Copperajah-Gmax (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Heat Crash
- Bulldoze
- Rock Slide

Copperajah is easily my favorite new Pokemon added to Sword and Shield, period. This thing has won me so many games, and I love it for that. Copperajah is an absolute nuke; Sheer Force boosted Iron Head decimates Pokemon that don't resist it, and its coverage destroys everything that resists Iron Head. The reason I'm using its Gmax form is simple: when Copperajah Gmaxes, its Steel type attacking moves turn into G-Max Steelsurge, which sets up Steel type Stealth Rock. Having basically 2 layers of Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field makes breaking so much easier with this mon and my other attackers. Since I typically use this thing after I kill Pokemon like Excadrill and Corviknight, there is nothing left on the opponent's team that can remove hazards, which means Steelsurge stays for the rest of the game. Copperajah's other moves beat everything Iron Head doesn't. Heat Crash beats Ferrothorn, Bulldoze beats Toxapex, Excadrill, and Toxtricity, and Rock Slide beats Gyarados, Charizard, and Centiskorch. I used to run Substitute over Rock Slide and Play Rough over Heat Crash, but everything that Play Rough beat Iron Head beat as well, and I put Heat Crash over it as soon as I learned it could get it. Rock Slide was added because I really couldn't deal with Gyarados and Charizard, and because Showdown was updated so that Substitute wouldn't work with Dynamax/Gigantamax. I also use Bulldoze over Earthquake because of the lack of Life Orb recoil thanks to Sheer Force, and because of the fact that Bulldoze basically OKHOes/2HKOes everything Earthquake would, making the extra power irrelevant. Seriously, try this Pokemon out, it is so much fun to use.
Image courtesy of Reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/SwShLeaks/comments/drw71w )

musharna.jpg

Musharna (F) @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Moonlight

When I was building this team, I had just found out that Gengar got Nasty Plot, and I was very scared of it, so I wanted a way of at least getting up Trick Room vs one. This slot was originally going to be a female Indeedee, as it was a new Pokemon and it has Psychic Surge, but it didn't actually learn Trick Room, nor did it learn the move I want to use, Healing Wish. That's where the idea of Kasib Berry Musharna came in. This EV spread guarantees that it will live a +2 Life Orb boosted Shadow Ball from Gengar and Modest Polteageist after Rocks, which can be really crucial for a team so weak to Ghost. Unfortunately, it doesn't live a +2 Life Orb boosted G-Max Terror from Gmax Gengar even with 252 HP / 252 SpDef and no Rocks, so that's unfortunate, but it unfortunately can't be helped. The moveset is literally ripped straight from standard Trick Room Cresselia from previous gens, but with Healing Wish instead of Lunar Dance. Musharna is the Pokemon that I think should be replaced if there was something that could replace it, but I don't think anything else has Trick Room and Healing Wish that isn't as bulky as Musharna.
Image by Crystal-Kaiju on DeviantArt (https://www.deviantart.com/crystal-kaiju/art/Musharna-2017-789274377)

Threats:

dracovish.png

Haven't run into one yet, but if I did, it would easily 6-0 my whole team, enough said.

excadrill.gif

Excadrill isn't too much of a problem when Trick Room is up, as basically every one of my Trick Room attackers other than Mimikyu can OKHO it, but outside of Trick Room it basically can ravage through my team, as all of my Trick Room setters other than Runerigus (which is meant to die) and Musharna (which can only take one Earthquake) are all Fairies, which mean they both get OKHOed by Iron Head. My way of dealing with it is sacking a Pokemon and hoping for no flinch with Mimikyu. Considering adding Earthquake to Runerigus to kill it, but losing out on the ability to set up Trick Room on Grimmsnarl with Mental Herb Taunt is too important for me.

gengar-gmax.png
polteageist.png
aegislash.gif

As you can probably tell just by looking at this team, I don't really have a Ghost resist. Although my Trick Room setters are bulky enough to take one Shadow Ball, they certainly cannot take two, and any form of setup on a Ghost spells death, especially if Musharna is weakened, or has lost its Berry. Aegislash is also a big problem, as King's Shield stalls out important Trick Room turns, and can run Shadow Sneak to OKHO Cursola, but only boosted Aegislashes can OKHO, even after Rocks. Best Aegi answer is Copperajah, but Cursola can deal with non-Shadow Sneak variants/defensive variants. Every other Ghost is dealt with by my attackers OKHOing them under Trick Room, as they are quite frail.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn basically walls just about everything, although its managable sometimes due to me having Fire coverage on literally everything, but Leech Seed + Protect variants basically screw this team over if I don't predict properly. It also sets up a million layers of hazards if it has Gyro Ball, as it does massive damage to Hatterene, which is my only real hazard denial method on this team. If it leads, Runerigus can Taunt it, which can help, but if it uses Power Whip, that's no good.

So that's my team! I really like Trick Room, so any advice to make this team better would really make me happy, as I would love to be able to improve this team. Thank you, RMT forums, and have a good day!

Runerigus (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Taunt
- Memento

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch

Hatterene (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Copperajah (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Heat Crash
- Bulldoze
- Power Whip

Musharna (F) @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Last edited:
good team! I just started running a Trick Room team myself and use Hatterine and Cursola as welI and use the same moves you do w Hatterine but with Cursola I run
-Strength Sap,
-Hex (I use a lot of status moves on my other mons)
-Will-0-Wisp
-Disable (don't really use might use that power gem or Earth power thou)
But I would highly suggest Strength Sap, Even on Pokemon with just so so Attack I basically always get full health back!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey 420LegitShucks I like the team. I'll be honest, and say that I think Trick Room is definitely worse this gen, but I like the effort you put into this team so I thought I'd try and help. I'm sure you remember the gold standard of setters last gen in Uxie, Cresselia, and Meagearna. It honestly feels like you've found the budget version of these three in Runerigus, Musharna, and Hatterne. This isn't necessarily a game ender when it comes to Trick Room, but it's a limitation to keep in mind. Since Runerigus is basically an Uxie that's weak to more stuff, Musharna is a slightly worse Cresselia, and Hatterne while great just has worse typing than Magerana who did a good job of covering weaknesses of the other setters. Even still, I think there is hope, especially as you did a really good job of Eving your setters to take necessary hits in the current meta.

>
You might have noticed that I mentioned the gold standard of Trick Room and only mentioned 3 mons. It was not simply because only 3 setters were good last gen, but because when you have more than 3 mons setting Trick Room, even if the fourth mon is offensive it just gets cluttered. Especially since most Trick Room Setters are mainly Psychic and Ghost meaning their weakness start stacking quickly and coverage is limited. With this in mind I am going to drop Mimkyu, and replace it with Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt is a strong abuser that after one Swords Dance just cleans up in Trick Room. It also has access to Aqua Jet, which is nice since Trick Room teams really do benefit from having at least one priority user to help revenge threats outside of Trick Room if needed. Crawdaunt also provides the team with a Dark and Ghost resist which is absolutely needed. You can throw on all the resist berries you want, but having an actual Dark-type is just nice.

/
>
Next I looked at Cursola. I will agree that it is a strong mon, and its SpA is nothing to laugh at. That said I still felt adding another mon with a common weakness of Ghost and Dark just was not ideal. I talked with a couple people about a potential 6th mon for this team that would fill the abuser role better and a couple names that continued to pop up were Sirfetch'd and Conkeldurr. Sirfetch'd has access to Swords Dance and Scrappy Close Combat which is a really nice combination. Conkeldurr alternatively has access to Mach Punch which provides another form of priority which also has its merits. I'm mentioning both since I think either could work, and I'd suggest testing them both to find one you prefer. Also at this point you might have noticed there are no special attackers to abuse Trick Room outside of Hatterne, and I want to assure you that's okay. It's more about hitting threats, than having and equal number of physical and special attackers. Also I'd like to point out this spot is probably the most flexible, so feel free to keep trying out new abusers in this slot if you want to experiment a bit. (The Sirfetch'd set I went with in the importable is something I kind of just threw together, but outside of CC and Knock Off the third attack is very flexible).

I would make Hatterne the Gmax Variant. I realize you have Gmax Elephant, but incase you end up Gmaxing Hatterne it's better to have the Gmax variant since the fairy move wont set Misty Terrain allowing you to keep up Psychic Terrain which Hatterne prefers. Also the fact you could be setting Terrain is something to keep in mind when deciding between Sirfetch'd and Conk initially. That said Sirfetch'd can run First Impression, so it's not like the knight is free of all priority.

Another change I wanted to make are some slight set adjustments to the elephant. I would recommend trying out Power Whip over Rock Slide. Power Whip helps with fat waters like Seismitoad that would otherwise be troublesome. You mentioned Rock Slide was for stuff like Gyarados and Charizard, but hopefully a calc like this one: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sirfetch'd Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 348-411 (105.1 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO can help you let the move go. Also craw will help against those mons, honestly the moral of the story is that as your abusers get better the absolute need for a super effective move also decreases.

That's all I had for now. As I'm writing this I definitely think Sirfetch'd is the better option, meaning I'll include Sirfetch'd in my importable of the team with all the changes I've talked about here. Don't have much else to say, but I hope you have fun with the team. This rate was extremely fun, and I hope you keep working to perfect Trick Room this gen.

Last edited:
Hey 420LegitShucks I like the team. I'll be honest, and say that I think Trick Room is definitely worse this gen, but I like the effort you put into this team so I thought I'd try and help. I'm sure you remember the gold standard of setters last gen in Uxie, Cresselia, and Meagearna. It honestly feels like you've found the budget version of these three in Runerigus, Musharna, and Hatterne. This isn't necessarily a game ender when it comes to Trick Room, but it's a limitation to keep in mind. Since Runerigus is basically an Uxie that's weak to more stuff, Musharna is a slightly worse Cresselia, and Hatterne while great just has worse typing than Magerana who did a good job of covering weaknesses of the other setters. Even still, I think there is hope, especially as you did a really good job of Eving your setters to take necessary hits in the current meta.

>
You might have noticed that I mentioned the gold standard of Trick Room and only mentioned 3 mons. It was not simply because only 3 setters were good last gen, but because when you have more than 3 mons setting Trick Room, even if the fourth mon is offensive it just gets cluttered. Especially since most Trick Room Setters are mainly Psychic and Ghost meaning their weakness start stacking quickly and coverage is limited. With this in mind I am going to drop Mimkyu, and replace it with Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt is a strong abuser that after one Swords Dance just cleans up in Trick Room. It also has access to Aqua Jet, which is nice since Trick Room teams really do benefit from having at least one priority user to help revenge threats outside of Trick Room if needed. Crawdaunt also provides the team with a Dark and Ghost resist which is absolutely needed. You can throw on all the resist berries you want, but having an actual Dark-type is just nice.

/
>
Next I looked at Cursola. I will agree that it is a strong mon, and its SpA is nothing to laugh at. That said I still felt adding another mon with a common weakness of Ghost and Dark just was not ideal. I talked with a couple people about a potential 6th mon for this team that would fill the abuser role better and a couple names that continued to pop up were Sirfetch'd and Conkeldurr. Sirfetch'd has access to Swords Dance and Scrappy Close Combat which is a really nice combination. Conkeldurr alternatively has access to Mach Punch which provides another form of priority which also has its merits. I'm mentioning both since I think either could work, and I'd suggest testing them both to find one you prefer. Also at this point you might have noticed there are no special attackers to abuse Trick Room outside of Hatterne, and I want to assure you that's okay. It's more about hitting threats, than having and equal number of physical and special attackers. Also I'd like to point out this spot is probably the most flexible, so feel free to keep trying out new abusers in this slot if you want to experiment a bit. (The Sirfetch'd set I went with in the importable is something I kind of just threw together, but outside of CC and Knock Off the third attack is very flexible).

I would make Hatterne the Gmax Variant. I realize you have Gmax Elephant, but incase you end up Gmaxing Hatterne it's better to have the Gmax variant since the fairy move wont set Misty Terrain allowing you to keep up Psychic Terrain which Hatterne prefers. Also the fact you could be setting Terrain is something to keep in mind when deciding between Sirfetch'd and Conk initially. That said Sirfetch'd can run First Impression, so it's not like the knight is free of all priority.

Another change I wanted to make are some slight set adjustments to the elephant. Firstly I would use Heavy Slam over Iron Head, I feel it's just a better option and given your weight you will be hitting most stuff in the tier harder. I would also run Earthquake instead of Bulldoze. I don't really see the point of lowering the opposing teams speed, since most of the time you'll be hitting under Trick Room. Also the team is so slow that most mons will still outpace you at -1. Finally I would recommend trying out Power Whip over Rock Slide. Power Whip helps with fat waters like Seismitoad that would otherwise be troublesome. You mentioned Rock Slide was for stuff like Gyarados and Charizard, but hopefully a calc like this one: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sirfetch'd Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 348-411 (105.1 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO can help you let the move go. Also craw will help against those mons, honestly the moral of the story is that as your abusers get better the absolute need for a super effective move also decreases.

That's all I had for now. As I'm writing this I definitely think Sirfetch'd is the better option, meaning I'll include Sirfetch'd in my importable of the team with all the changes I've talked about here. Don't have much else to say, but I hope you have fun with the team. This rate was extremely fun, and I hope you keep working to perfect Trick Room this gen.

Hey, thanks so much for the rate man! I really appreciate it when people give constructive criticism to help improve teams instead of saying "wow this squad fire bro" and not clarifying if anything needs changing. Although I do wanna clarify something: when I put the elephant on the team, my original intent was to make use of Sheer Force, which would entirely remove any secondary effects (i.e. Bulldoze Speed drop and Iron Head flinch) and remove Life Orb recoil from all of my moves, which really helped its longevity. I totally understand that Heavy Slam would usually hit harder, however, it doesn't work on Dynamax mons, which makes Iron Head that much more reliable for me, and that would basically force me to run Heavy Metal, which would invalidate the point of Sheer Force increasing longevity by removing Life Orb recoil. Also as I explained in the RMT, Bulldoze with Sheer Force pretty much kills what EQ would without the recoil. Also that calc on Sirfetch'd is hilarious lol, definitely gonna try whip on elephant since Rock Slide is now irrelevant. Also I'll use Gmax Hat because that honestly sounds useful. Once again, big ups to you for the rate, bro!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I would definitely go back to sheer force Iron Head on Copperajah. I got a message from somebody shortly after posting this giving some similar reasons, and mentioning needing the steel stab vs Dynamax which I kinda forgot. Glad you caught that, guess I need to use the elephant a bit more. Happy laddering! Did go back and edit my rate/paste to better reflect the optimal settings.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing with this team a bit, I really dig it. GMax-Copperajah is extremely fun under trick room, thanks for introducing me to this idea. Being able to set up hazards on the same turn as a nuke attack is huge for maximizing turn efficiency, which is key to being successful for Trick Room. One swap I would make to the importable Gross Sweep provided is definitely using Conkeldurr over Sirfetch'd. While Sirfetch'd has been very fun to smack stuff around with, opposing Galarian Darmanitan are nearly impossible to play around. Conkeldurr giving Mach Punch lets you have more routes to play around it when your Trick Room drops and to have ways to force it out or discourage it T1, since band sets can lead against the team right now easily. Your Musharna set can at least live most band darm hits except for a 12.5% roll against banded U-turn, so as long as you get rocks or steelsurge up after it U-turns out or during your first trick room you're good.

I'm using Facade on the conk right now for good neutral hits and since it OHKOes Gyarados, but you can also use Thunder Punch on it if you feel too weak to gyara since it's able to OHKO even Dynamaxed Gyarados.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Facade / Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Fun team man, cheers! Importable below:

:runerigus::musharna::hatterene-gmax::copperajah-gmax::crawdaunt::conkeldurr:

Last edited:
Hello! Cool team. I'm new to trick room teams, but I have a shiny Runerigus with perfect stats and I'm trying to decide what to run on it myself. Do you think either memento or taunt could be replaced with body press to give Runerigus some offensive presence besides being just a suicide lead? Body press is a neat move on Runerigus.

Edit: Also, I don't understand your EV spread on Runerigus. You state that it is to live Icicle Crash and Earthquake, but why not just dump everything into Def then?

Last edited:
Grats, really cool team. Do you think mental herb is needed on runerigus? I tried it and it very rarely comes into play but i also dobt know what else to put..red card,lefties,sash....

Grats, really cool team. Do you think mental herb is needed on runerigus? I tried it and it very rarely comes into play but i also dobt know what else to put..red card,lefties,sash....
I think Mental Herb is really necessary because Grimmsnarl will prevent you from ever using any one of your moves with Prankster Taunt, and Mental Herb lets you get around that and Taunt it, forcing it to switch or attack you with a move that won't kill and let you get up a Trick Room. If Taunt users don't concern you, Red Card could be a nice option to force out Darm after you live a non-Banded Icicle Crash.

thanks for this write up. I have actually never played trick room so I learned a lot reading this. I would love to see you build a TR team in other formats of battle and possibly including G-max snorlax. I'm currently working on building a TR team around belly drum G-max gluttony snorlax which I think if played right could be pretty scary under trick room. But i think his G-max is probably banned in OU so it's not a relevant suggestion here, although I think regular snorlax could still be valuable if you are stacking ghost weaknesses and he at least gets immunity to those moves and could bite back with crunch. Anyway thanks for this write up! cheers!

What would be the best avenue for diversifying the held items? Held item clause hurting those life orbs, and I am not the foremost on items for trick room teams.

Have you considered Oranguru over Musharna? He would give your team an additional Ghost immunity as well as accessibility to Nasty Plot to serve as a special sweeper rather than being fodder for a Healing Wish.

How cone you have Life Orb on multiple pokemon? I thought you could only use one per team on ranked/casual?

Sorry, but in my opinion, the team is not good. There are so many Pokémon with the same speed. Hatterene and Musharna have 29 and Runerigus, Copperajah and Cursola have 30. It is not good, if you don't know which Pokémon will attack first.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, but in my opinion, the team is not good. There are so many Pokémon with the same speed. Hatterene and Musharna have 29 and Runerigus, Copperajah and Cursola have 30. It is not good, if you don't know which Pokémon will attack first.
This team was for single battles, not double battles. Having equal speeds among the team didn’t matter because you only ever have one Pokémon on the field at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)