Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum/ Drill Peck

The combination of powerful STAB moves, great Speed, and decent base Attack make Galarian Zapdos a good add-on to every Fighting team. Choice Scarf allows Galarian Zapdos to outpace and OHKO faster threats such as Barraskewda, Weavile, Arctozolt under hail, and Choice Scarf Tapu Lele after Stealth Rock damage. Stomping Tantrum helps with Tapu Koko and Aegislash, while Drill Peck is an option to avoid recoil, as Galarian Zapdos is prone to being worn down by residual damage. U-turn is what sets Galarian Zapdos apart from other Choice Scarf users like Buzzwole and Terrakion, as it allows it to pivot out against physically defensive checks like Slowbro, Toxapex, and Galarian Corsola. Cobalion is a good teammate that can offer Stealth Rock support and check Fairy types, and, in return, Galarian Zapdos can switch into Ground and Fighting moves. Strong wallbreakers such as Pangoro, Urshifu-R, Heracross, and Terrakion are good partners since Galarian Zapdos can pivot them in with U-turn.

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Let's put the move order in: Brave Bird -> CC -> U-turn -> Stomping Tantrum / Drill Peck (slashed second)

For examples, I believe it should be listed as more relevant/viable -> less viable (if applicable). Alakazam is a OHKO but its not super common on your general Psychic team. I think mentioning Lele last flows well so cut: Alakazam & Nihilego (not as impactful against fighting as compared to the other examples).

U-turn and Stomping Tantrum should be in separate sentences. We should also explain to the reader why we are using Drill Peck (so Zapdos-G isn't OHKOing itself from BB.). This sequence should go "Stomping Tantrum sentence -> Drill Peck and the cost of dropping Tantrum for Drill Peck maybe -> U-turn). U-turn is what really sticks G-Zap out from other Scarfers as well as it can just pivot out on defensive checks like Slowbro/Pex/etc and position wallbreakers like Pangoro/Toxicroak/Urshifu-R in.

This set faces competition from other Choice Scarf users like Terrakion and Buzzwole which both offer an higher Attack, but Zapdos-G can act as a Defog detterant and an offensive pivot, beside providing a Ground immunity.

Cobalion is a good teammate which can offer Stealth Rock support and check Fairy-types, and, in return, Zapdos-G can switch into Ground- and Fighting-moves. - I'd include toxicroak, coba is awkward against fini koko & azu.

Keldeo and Zapdos-G can form a good offensive core with the Keldeo helping with physical walls like Skarmory and Hippowdon, and Zapdos-G dealing with special walls such as Slowking and Blissey. IDT Keldeo has a humongous problem with Blissey and I'd say Toxicroak is more effective as spamming Flip Turn/U-turn could lead to Future Sight Slowking + Fini winning peasily.

- I'd mentioned Zapdos-G positioning wallbreakers in a general sense in the teammates section (CB Terrakion/Toxicroak/Pangoro/etc)

lmk when u implement this

Let's put the move order in: Brave Bird -> CC -> U-turn -> Stomping Tantrum / Drill Peck (slashed second)

For examples, I believe it should be listed as more relevant/viable -> less viable (if applicable). Alakazam is a OHKO but its not super common on your general Psychic team. I think mentioning Lele last flows well so cut: Alakazam & Nihilego (not as impactful against fighting as compared to the other examples).

U-turn and Stomping Tantrum should be in separate sentences. We should also explain to the reader why we are using Drill Peck (so Zapdos-G isn't OHKOing itself from BB.). This sequence should go "Stomping Tantrum sentence -> Drill Peck and the cost of dropping Tantrum for Drill Peck maybe -> U-turn). U-turn is what really sticks G-Zap out from other Scarfers as well as it can just pivot out on defensive checks like Slowbro/Pex/etc and position wallbreakers like Pangoro/Toxicroak/Urshifu-R in.

This set faces competition from other Choice Scarf users like Terrakion and Buzzwole which both offer an higher Attack, but Zapdos-G can act as a Defog detterant and an offensive pivot, beside providing a Ground immunity.

Cobalion is a good teammate which can offer Stealth Rock support and check Fairy-types, and, in return, Zapdos-G can switch into Ground- and Fighting-moves. - I'd include toxicroak, coba is awkward against fini koko & azu.

Keldeo and Zapdos-G can form a good offensive core with the Keldeo helping with physical walls like Skarmory and Hippowdon, and Zapdos-G dealing with special walls such as Slowking and Blissey. IDT Keldeo has a humongous problem with Blissey and I'd say Toxicroak is more effective as spamming Flip Turn/U-turn could lead to Future Sight Slowking + Fini winning peasily.

- I'd mentioned Zapdos-G positioning wallbreakers in a general sense in the teammates section (CB Terrakion/Toxicroak/Pangoro/etc)

lmk when u implement this
I implemented, let me know if i should change or add/remove anything else

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum/ Drill Peck

The combination of powerful STABs STAB moves, a great Speed, and a decent base Attack make Zapdos-G Galarian Zapdos a good add-on in to every Fighting team. Choice Scarf allows Zapdos-G Galarian Zapdos to outpace and OHKO faster threats such as Barraskewda, Weavile, Arctozolt under Hail hail, and Choice Scarf Tapu Lele after Stealth Rock's Rock damage. Stomping Tantrum helps with Tapu Koko and Aegislash, (comma) while Drill Peck can be chosen to have a spammable STAB move which won't bring recoil damage, as Zapdos-G can be worn down quickly by residual damage is an option to avoid recoil, as Galarian Zapdos is prone to being worn down by residual damage. U-turn is what really sticks Zapdos-G out sets Galarian Zapdos apart from other Choice Scarf users like Buzzwole and Terrakion, (comma) as it allows him it to pivot out against physical physically defensive checks like Slowbro, Toxapex, and Galarian Corsola. Cobalion is a good teammate which that can offer Stealth Rock support and check Fairy-types Fairy types, and, in return, Zapdos-G Galarian Zapdos can switch into Ground- and Fighting-Ground and Fighting moves. Strong wallbreakers such as Pangoro, Urshifu-R, Heracross, and Terrakion are good partners since Zapdos-G Galarian Zapdos can pivot them in with U-turn.

GP 1/1!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)