move 2: Thunder
move 3: Agility
move 4: Energy Ball
item: Focus Sash
ability: Compound Eyes
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Galvantula is most commonly used as a lead because of its high Speed and to set up Sticky Web, but it isn't the only viable Sticky Web user so Galvantula can be a flexible offensive Pokemon as well. Sticky Web is important for Bug-type teams because it hinders fast threats such as Terrakion and Zeraora and set up sweepers like Barbaracle. Thunder is a great move, because of Galvantula's ability Compound Eyes, that can 2HKO common Defog users such as Galarian Weezing, Corviknight, and Rotom-W while also threatening anti-hazard leads such as Xatu and other threats such as Togekiss. Agility is used with Energy Ball and Thunder to threaten Water and Flying teams. Energy Ball also hits Rock-types such as Rhyperior and Barbarcle and Ground-types like Seismitoad and Gastrodon hard. Focus Sash is used to ensure that Galvantula can at least use Sticky Web or set up with Agility. The max Special Attack EVs is so Galvantula can maximize damage dealt. The max Speed EVs and Timid nature allow Galvantula to outspeed Pokemon such as Mew and Speed ties Cobalion.

Life Orb Durant appreciates Galvantula's Sticky Web as once it's able to outspeed opposing Pokemon, it becomes a major threat to Fairy-, Rock-, and Psychic-types. Shuckle is a great teammate as it's also able to set up Sticky Web in case Galvantula gets KOed or the opponent used Defog or Rapid Spin. Crustle and Centiskorch are great checks to Fire-types. Crustle can revenge kill Fire-types such as Charizard and Rotom-H and can also use Shell Smash to sweep teams. Centiskorch has a wide variety of coverage moves such as Power Whip which can OHKO Seismitoad at +1 with Coil. Goliospod is also a decent option as it can set up Spikes to give wallbreakers an easier time and also has access to a priority move in First Impression and Aqua Jet and can greatly help in the Fire and Rock matchup. Finally, Ribombee becomes extremely threatening against Dragon teams after Sticky Web; even more so after a Quiver Dance as it can stop threats such as Choice Scarf Dragapult.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ForgottenOnes, 205691]]
- Bug analysis by: [[ForgottenOnes, 205691]]
- Quality checked by: [[Harpp, 320110], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Last edited:

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AM QC check only put in what you agree with
Red=delete
Blue=add
Purple=comment

[SET]
name: Sticky Web
move 1: Sticky Web
move 3: Agility I feel like this ain't it, I would put Thunder Wave / Volt Switch right here because more than likely the water team will have some type of priority to shut it down or has Dracovish that can take one. Thunder Wave can help with Choice Scarf users like Dracovish while Volt Switch can gain moumtum, but wait on official QC to weigh in on this one.

[SET COMMENTS]
Galvantula is most commonly used as a lead so it an set up Sticky Web, but it isn't the only viable Sticky Web user so Galvantula can be a flexible offensive Pokemon as well. Sticky Web is important for Bug-type teams because it stops Choice Scarfed users such as Victini Last time I checked, Victini is not in SS, so replace with another sample and stops set up sweepers like Barbaracle. Thunder is a great consistent STAB move because of Galvantula's ability Compound Eyes. Thunder can 2HKO common Defog users such as Galarian Weezing and Rotom-W while also threatening anti-hazard leads such as Xatu I would also mention Corviknight here as it can be a major threat, and Thunder 2HKOs it. Agility is used if Galvantula can sweep the rest of the opponents' Pokemon with Thunder. If you think this should stay, expand on this and what mus (ie water, Flying) it can help sweep with. Energy Ball is used as a coverage move to hit Rock-types I would give examples like Barbarcle and Rhyperior and Pokemon like Seismitoad and Gastrodon while it is a 2HKO, it is still a primary target for energy ball hard. Focus Sash is used so Galvantula can use Sticky Web or set up with Agility. I would also add a line here about when to use Galvantula ie early game and The max Special Attack EVs is so Galvantula can maximize damage dealt. The max Speed EVs and Timid nature allow Galvantula to outspeed Pokemon such as Mew, Kyurem-B, and speed ties Cobalion.

Powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Durant appreciate Galvantula's Sticky Web and is also a major threat to Rock- and Psychic-type teams I would go into a bit more detail here, as explain what Pokemon is a major threat and how much pressure First Impression can do to Psychic-type teams once Indeedee is down. Sticky Web also stops common Choice Scarf users such as Gengar and set up sweepers such as Cloyster and Barbaracle. Shuckle is a great teammate as it is also able to set up Sticky Web in case Galvantula is needed as an attacker against Flying-types. I feel a bit iffy of Shuckle being a partner here, but I would wait on QCs input here before taking it out all the way. I would mention instead Centiskorch for it being able to help against Steel-types and being able to take Fire-type attacks thanks to Flash Fire. Crustle is a great teammate as it can revenge kill a Fire-type such as Charizard and Rotom-H.It also loves Galvantula for making being able to set Sticky Web in order to make Crustle outpace all Fire-types after a Shell Smash. Goliospod is also a decent option as it can set up Spikes to give wallbreakers an easier time and also has access to a priority move in First Impression and can greatly help in the Fire- and Rock-type matchup with using its Water STAB attacks and likes Galvantula for its help with Sticky Web to outpace Pokemon it cannot before. Finally, Ribombee is a great teammate as it can stop Nasty Plot Hydreigon and Choice Scarf Hydreigon after Ribombee uses Quiver Dance. I would expand this to say helps greatly in the Dragon-type matchup as after one QB, it becomes a major threat to dragon.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [<username2>, <userid2>]]

Last edited:
AM QC check only put in what you agree with
Red=delete
Blue=add
Purple=comment

I can't quite see what you wrote as it doesn't let me scroll down what you quoted. Do you mind copy pasting my analysis and then making the am changes in a hide? :/

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I can't quite see what you wrote as it doesn't let me scroll down what you quoted. Do you mind copy pasting my analysis and then making the am changes in a hide? :/
Sorry, fixed. My net blew up afterwards LOOOL, but yeah got a friend to make sure the hide tag worked right now. Never had that problem before, but I know how to fix it now :)

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Sticky Web
move 1: Sticky Web
move 3: Agility Thunder Wave its a lead , not a sweeper , refer to last am check >:(

[SET COMMENTS]
Galvantula is most commonly used as a lead so it an set up Sticky Web, but it isn't the only viable Sticky Web user so Galvantula can be a flexible offensive Pokemon as well. Sticky Web is important for Bug-type teams because it stops Choice Scarfed users such as Hydreigon and stops set up sweepers like Barbaracle. Thunder is a great consistent STAB move because of Galvantula's ability Compound Eyes. Thunder can 2HKO common Defog users such as Galarian Weezing, Corviknight, and Rotom-W while also threatening anti-hazard leads such as Xatu. Agility is used, mainly against Water- and Flying-type teams, if Galvantula can sweep the rest of the opponents' Pokemon with Thunder. I feel like Thunder Wave is better because it can cripple choice scafers like Dracovish or faster Pokemon in general, it is a lead after all and I feel like getting Webs up is more important than getting agility up due to its fragility Energy Ball is used as a coverage move to hit Rock-types Pokemon such as Rhyperior and Barbarcle and Ground-type Pokemon like Seismitoad and Gastrodon hard(effectively seems like a better word but hard works i guess). Focus Sash is used so Galvantula can use Sticky Web or set up with Agility. (maybe say something like, focus sash is used so galv guarantees getting webs up) because it is fragile yknowThe max Special Attack EVs is so Galvantula can maximize damage dealt. The max Speed EVs and Timid nature allow Galvantula to outspeed Pokemon such as Mew, Kyurem-B, and speed ties Cobalion.

Powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Durant appreciate Life Orb Durant appreciates Galvantula's Sticky Web as a powerful wallbreaker and is also a major threat to Fairy-, Rock- and Psychic-type teams. Sticky Web also stops common Choice Scarf users such as Gengar and set up sweepers such as Cloyster and Barbaracle. Shuckle is a great teammate that has access to entry hazards such as Sticky Web and Stealth Rock; with White Herb, it ensures it won't get taunted to guarantee hazards get up. (reword/rephrase?) as it is also able to set up Sticky Web in case Galvantula is needed as an attacker against Flying-types. Crustle is a great teammate as it can revenge kill a Fire-type such as Charizard and Rotom-H. Goliospod is also a decent option as it can set up Spikes to give wallbreakers an easier time and also has access to a priority move in First Impression and can greatly help in the Fire- and Rock-type matchup with its Water STAB attacks. Finally, Ribombee is a great teammate as it becomes extremely threatening against Dragon-type teams after a Quiver Dance as it can stop threats such as Nasty Plot Hydreigon different example here maybe?and Choice Scarf Hydreigon.

Centiskorch

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
AM Check, implement as you feel
add remove comment

Last edited:
AM Check, implement as you feel
add remove comment
As the previous amcheck said, I'll be waiting on an official QC before implementing the T-Wave change. Also, what should be the reasoning to include Centiskorch? I'm not actually quite too sure. Finally, remember not to GP anything in QC which you can find more info about that here:

"6) Don't GP. Ever. This isn't your job to do, it's for the GP team to do. Analyses go through rough stages and changes during QC, so early GPing is both annoying and borderline pointless, especially during the first and second stages of QC. Many writers, including myself, will write more casually before QC 3/3 and/or GP. It is, however, acceptable to correct Pokemon, Items, and Abilities that are spelled incorrectly. "

I did implement some changes (thank you). If you lmk what Centiskorch is for, I'll add it in as well. Thank you!

roxie

is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As the previous amcheck said, I'll be waiting on an official QC before implementing the T-Wave change. Also, what should be the reasoning to include Centiskorch? I'm not actually quite too sure. Finally, remember not to GP anything in QC which you can find more info about that here:

"6) Don't GP. Ever. This isn't your job to do, it's for the GP team to do. Analyses go through rough stages and changes during QC, so early GPing is both annoying and borderline pointless, especially during the first and second stages of QC. Many writers, including myself, will write more casually before QC 3/3 and/or GP. It is, however, acceptable to correct Pokemon, Items, and Abilities that are spelled incorrectly. "

I did implement some changes (thank you). If you lmk what Centiskorch is for, I'll add it in as well. Thank you!
I rephrased some of the edits i put in(like you did with mine) like "Energy Ball is used as a coverage move to hit Rock-types Pokemon such as Rhyperior and Barbarcle and Ground-type Pokemon like Seismitoad and Gastrodon hard(effectively seems like a better word but hard works i guess). " you really didn't have any grammar errors (I'm not a grammar person so i wouldn't know)
centiskorch provides fire immunity, its pretty useful with its coil set

roxie

I rephrased some of the edits i put in(like you did with mine) like "Energy Ball is used as a coverage move to hit Rock-types Pokemon such as Rhyperior and Barbarcle and Ground-type Pokemon like Seismitoad and Gastrodon hard(effectively seems like a better word but hard works i guess). " you really didn't have any grammar errors (I'm not a grammar person so i wouldn't know)
Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Lash

Gotcha, will add Centiskorch for sure. Rephrasing/things like that are typically left to the GP team! I amchecked as a GP, not QC. Anyways, thank you and implemented

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[SET COMMENTS]
* ' Galvantula is most commonly used as a lead so it an set up Sticky Web, but it isn't the only viable Sticky Web user so Galvantula can be a flexible offensive Pokemon as well. ' Mention its above average speed stat which lets it set up Sticky web faster in this line somewhere.

* ' Sticky Web is important for Bug-type teams because it stops Choice Scarfed users such as Hydreigon and stops set up sweepers like Barbaracle. Thunder is a great consistent STAB move because of Galvantula's ability Compound Eyes.' Hydreigon has the ability Levitate so it is not affected by Sticky Web and Choice Scarf is not the most common Hydreigon set so this is wrong statement. Instead you should talk about sticky web helping against Pokemon like Zeraora and Terrakion. Also sticky web doesnt stop set up sweepers it just makes them slower which makes it easier for the team to deal with them. Add Togekiss to the examples of Pokemon Thunder can beat.

* ' Agility is used, mainly against Water- and Flying-type teams, if Galvantula can sweep the rest of the opponents' Pokemon with Thunder. ' Agility in conjunction with Energy Ball and Thunder is useful against Water so mention that particularly while Thunder and Agility alone threaten Flying-type teams due to their lack of immunity against it.

* Focus Sash is used so to ensure that Galvantula can at least use Sticky Web or set up with Agility.

*' Sticky Web also stops common Choice Scarf users such as Gengar and set up sweepers such as Cloyster and Barbaracle. ' Once again saying Sticky Web stops them is wrong, it just makes it easier to handle them due to their decrease in speed stat. Change this.

*' Crustle is a great teammate as it can revenge kill a Fire-type such as Charizard and Rotom-H.' Merge Crustle together with Centiskorch when you talk about checking fire type Pokemon, talk about how crustle can be a check to fire pokemon while also being a shell smash user.

*' Goliospod is also a decent option as it can set up Spikes to give wallbreakers an easier time and also has access to a priority move in First Impression and can greatly help in the Fire- and Rock-type matchup with its Water STAB attacks.' specify Aqua jet to deal with faster Fire and rock types.

*' Finally, Ribombee is a great teammate as it becomes extremely threatening against Dragon-type teams after a Quiver Dance as it can stop threats such as Choice Specs Dragapult and Choice Scarf Hydreigon.' Dragon type teams run Choice Scarf Dragapult and Sub NP or specs Hydreigon most of the time. Just talk about how with sticky web support, Ribombee can threaten dragon type teams even more with Quiver dance.

QC 1/2
QC-Harpp-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)