Games you have on your phone =)

441 sin título_20211208162230.png

Was bored so i did a banner for the thread
Hello, first of all, this is not like Bummer videogame thread (hoping to not bother you with this thread if you are reading this), here, you can post, casual games that you play on your phone =), like, when you are bored, or when you dont have your PC and you just have your phone, or when you want to relax from playing 9 hours of dark souls, you can also recommend phone games to others here if you want to =D.

Im rn playing an indie game called "botworld adventure", its fun =), and i also taked this idea from their discord server xD, i did some fanarts of the game, its in his 1.1.3 rn, still has some bugs, but its not a bad game

Man I've been looking for an fun idle game for ages. Most of my friends play some idle games on their phones, like cookie runner kingdom or Azur Lane.
I haven't seen the appeal in most of them yet. So yeah I hope I can find some good recommendations in this thread

Pokemon Go, Pokémon Crystal Clear, Pokémon Renegade Platinum, Pokémon Stadium (N64), Pokémon Radical Red. Imo the best system to play Pokémon is your phone.

Also I guess Among Us and Plague Inc.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
the one and only battle cats LordThemberchaud

its a fun game as long as you can get past empire of cats chapter one which is basically the tutorial lol. after that you can basically go wild. there is a definately "story" (multiple actually) but the game dont force you to do it in any certain order and you can feel free to challenge anything you want that you've unlocked. also good for sadists who love watching things die. yep.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Pokémon Crystal Clear, Pokémon Renegade Platinum, Pokémon Stadium (N64), Pokémon Radical Red. Imo the best system to play Pokémon is your phone.
iPhone ppl be like :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

I find it hard to get into phone gaming because of how awfully most games run and how shitty the controls typically are. When Pokemon Masters released, I had one of the stronger phones on the market (discounting gamer phones, if you have one of those then your taste in video games is objectively bad). I could not get that thing to run even consistently 30 FPS.

All of that said, emulators, Clash Royale, and Battle of Polytopia are the only viable phone games.

Pokémon Go and Fire Emblem Heroes see regular use on my phone, with periodic disinterest droughts. Pokémon Home isn’t really a game but seeing all my Pokémon from as far back as 2003 really does feel like I’m living in the future.

I have Pokémon Masters too, but I haven’t done anything in the game but log in to collect free rewards and go months without clicking on it since like October 2019. I don’t know what I’m doing even that for, I really didn’t like the gameplay much when I played lol

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
the one and only battle cats LordThemberchaud

its a fun game as long as you can get past empire of cats chapter one which is basically the tutorial lol. after that you can basically go wild. there is a definately "story" (multiple actually) but the game dont force you to do it in any certain order and you can feel free to challenge anything you want that you've unlocked. also good for sadists who love watching things die. yep.
I played this game for a long time, usually on and off, and it is the saddest case of power creep I have ever seen. At a certain point, you are basically forced to use the insanely good gacha cats in order to get ahead because the regular units are okay at best or meatshields at worst. Or you have to pour an insane amount of time into your regular units so they're strong enough to tank important hits. I'm currently in an off phase right now but I'll probably go through the cycle again in a month or so.

I have Pokémon Masters too, but I haven’t done anything in the game but log in to collect free rewards and go months without clicking on it since like October 2019. I don’t know what I’m doing even that for, I really didn’t like the gameplay much when I played lol
Really enjoyed Masters gameplay, felt unique from the other gacha games I've played. My biggest issue was the implementation of stamina. Usually, gacha games make it really easy to regenerate stamina with free items/gems and/or make stages cost an acceptable amount of stamina so you can plan out how to spend it for farming and dailies. The fact that gems are hard to access due to levels only giving out the minimal amount means you're stuck waiting a few events until you can get even just 1 10x pull. That's why I initially dropped the game and stayed away.

Right now, the gacha game I'm obssessed with is Dragon Quest Tact. It feels like a solid balance between everything I want as a player: easy accessiblity even to those not familar with the franchise, a solid balance of stamina, F2P friendly, and the game constantly hands you units that can let you succeed at high-level content. What also helps is that the game was released in Japan a few months before the NA release, so you can plan months ahead if you desire. My only issue is the power creep, but this is limited to only a few units (Seraphi and Nokturnus), and there are tons of F2p friendly stratiges available. Would heavily recommend playing it.

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Go (Android/iOS)

I don't think I need to introduce this one, least of all on a Pokemon forum. I grabbed it during its heyday in 2016 when my phone was melting trying to run it, played it while it was fun, and put it back down. Then when a friend of mind asked me to check it out again in 2019, I had a better phone and found that the game had expanded greatly since I saw it last and was generally more accessible to the casual player. Since then, I've kept it up and met really cool people in my community who play the game. Also with the remote raid system, I've been able to do stuff with people in the CAP community.

That being said, Pokemon Go is definitely a game that requires a guide in order for you to have fun with it (IMO). E.g. fast catch is an essential skill, and I don't think I would have stuck with the game had I not learned about it early on.

Simon Tatham's Puzzles (Android/iOS)

Honestly, this post was made so I could plug this app. :P This is an old, old set of 38/39 puzzle games that has been ported to every platform out there. It's lightweight, completely offline, lacks ads and microtransactions, and is designed to be completely fair. (E.g. their version of Minesweeper ensures that the field is solvable.) I get bummed seeing games on the App Store/Play Store that are simply one of the games in this set with a fresh coat of paint and riddled with ads and microtransactions.

Assorted indie puzzle games

These are all indie games centered on a unique gameplay mechanic which you can complete in a single sitting.
The phone ports of beloved DS classics
Also

Check out console emulators. The control scheme is a bit finicky on a touchscreen, but it's effectively access to an entire library of games from other platforms. They also fall into the category of games that are lightweight, ad-free, and no internet connection required.

----

Since I got back into Pokemon Go, I haven't had time for any other phone games, but I wanted to share these ones anyway. :)

Last edited:
In addition to various ROM hacks on my phone (I highly recommend Pokemon Unbound and Blazing Emerald!), I love to play Shattered Pixel Dungeon. It's a surprisingly engaging roguelike that's easy to learn but hard to master. The github version for Android is free without ads or anything, and while it's available on the play store it does have in app purchases (iirc related to cosmetics). There's also a paid iOS version and an upcoming paid Steam release as well!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I gotta go with Pokemon TCG Online and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links as the two games that see the most play on my phone, though I'll still occasionally boot up Flappy Bird or 2048 if I need to kill some time without getting too involved in a card game.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
I play Run. I really like this series of games, and you can also play it online as Run 3 (though the online version has issues with Flash's demise - it's being converted to HTML5 but is stuck in a buggy beta at the moment). It finally got updated to the newest version, and adverts aren't launched at you every five seconds like on most games. It's a 3D platformer where you play a little gray alien running through tunnels in space, which sounds boring but is fun when you play it (there are ten characters, infinite and explore mode, achievements and a good story.)

Run - Apps on Google Play
It's somewhere on the App Store as well but I can't seem to find it.

Special bonus points goes to anyone who can find my (minor) contributions to this game - if you have any ideas what it is you can DM me to ask.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
i don’t know if you can call crossword/sudoku apps “phone games” in the normal sense but that’s primarily what i go to when i’m bored and want some stimulation, especially the NYT crossword puzzle app.

there's a new crossword every day on the nyt app which helps to not get too bored of them immediately, with the puzzles also getting progressively harder throughout the week - i’m not that good but usually i can do the monday/tuesday puzzles by myself, with the thursday/friday ones being a lot of fun to complete with a friend (the weekend puzzles are far beyond me). there are also daily mini puzzles which you can usually solve in less than a minute or so, a daily spelling bee exercise that’s basically like wordscapes, and a huge backlog of puzzles if you’re willing to pay a small subscription fee.

don’t do sudoku as much these days but my favorite app for it is just called “good sudoku,” it’s mostly nice for stuff like plane rides where you need something to do without internet connection

as for more traditional games, the only one i play with any consistency is called farmrpg. it’s a very simple farming rpg that i’ve had a lot of fun with, but it’s probably not for everyone - lots of repetitive tasks, completionist stuff, certain grindy quests, etc. this is perfect for me because i like to just turn my brain off and play a bit when i’ve got time to kill and still feel rewarded at the end of the day, but it definitely comes off as boring to some people lol. there’s also a really helpful + wholesome community that hangs out in the global chat if you have any questions about the game which is always nice.

Simon Tatham's Puzzles (Android/iOS)
also this is a great suggestion! i haven’t looked at all of the puzzles yet and some of them are definitely just too complicated for me but a lot of the simpler ones like map/untangle/galaxies/unruly/flood puzzles have been easy + enjoyable timekillers

Well, now, there is a game that im playing called swordigo, its not rlly an ultra casual game, but its just so good, its an adventure game, like a the legend of zelda but 2d, its really long and has a lot of things to do

Emulators and a game called Part-Time UFO. It's a nice $5 game with no in-app purchases.

I love that game. What's my pitch for it? It's made by HAL Laboratories.

So I started playing old school RuneScape. Reasons being
a) it's cross platform so I can play it on my phone, in my bed
b) my recent obsession with old school and "retro" things
the gameplay feels a bit clunky on PC and phone otherwise it's fine. I enjoy the freedom of choice in this game. Right now I'm working on becoming a wizard, I guess. I don't know a whole lot about the game.

Well, now, there is a game that im playing called swordigo, its not rlly an ultra casual game, but its just so good, its an adventure game, like a the legend of zelda but 2d, its really long and has a lot of things to do
I completed it 100% =DDDDD
Screenshot_20211216_211727.jpg

Dont see the hided thing below if you wanna play swordigo and discover all the achievements for yourself =)
Screenshot_20211216_212021.jpg
Screenshot_20211216_212034.jpg
Screenshot_20211216_212102.jpg
Screenshot_20211216_212118.jpg

Screenshot_20211216_213900.jpg

Screenshot_20211216_212141.jpg
Screenshot_20211216_212159.jpg

Im gonna explain some things of the achievements, all of those (insert random name here), the (insert some cool title here), are, just minibosses, "like a ninja" is killing the 2nd major boss without taking damage... the 2nd boss is almost a bullet hell, but, the pattern is, really predictable xD, my fav achievement has to be "Beam me up scotty", the portals are the main travel mechanic if you dont want to walk 2-4 hours throught the entire map, and there is a star trek reference =), also, "treasure hunter" is separated from the others because i forgot to put it here originaly xD

Last edited:
Basically just play Pokemon GO right now; not too much time for mobile games anymore. Used to play Pokemon UNITE and Touhou LostWord but I haven't been too interested in them recently.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
I've been playing Rocket League SideSwipe or whatever is called and I must say it's pretty good. I expected it to be a bad game as I've played RL for 5 years in PS4 but it is extremely well adapted and easy to learn. You should really give it a try.

Actually I just play Pokémon in my smartphone.
I played all games untill the 4th generation and today I'm playing pokémon green in Japanese.
I would like to play pokémon Black/White in my cellphone, but my Emulator doesn't recognize the room. (I use the emulator called Drastic to DS)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)