gaming headsets

this doesn't really need its own thread, but it doesnt belong in another thread

my birthday is coming up and i dont really want anything, but i was thinking getting a pair of headsets would be pretty cool, since i play a lot of FPS games namely cod and i feel like since i dont have them im at a huge disadvantage. does anyone else use any that they would recommend or avoid? i was thinking of the turtlebeach PX21 or X11 since being wireless just uses up batteries faster which are expensive enough as it is so wired is cool and cheaper. i sit like right in front of my tv anyway so its nbd.

also i guess while im asking, are modded controllers with the buttons remapped worth it? i mean, they seem like they would be helpful to have, but im not sure if they are ~that~ amazing

thanks

I honestly can't give personal advice, as I don't have any experience with headsets, but I think this Youtube vid will be a good start for yourself. If you're not willing to pay in the upper ranges, then you can just watch the first bit, as it goes up in price as the video goes on. It's done by a CoD commentator, so his point of reference is FPS games.

Hope it helps!

I can really reccomend a steelseries siberia v2 (or the v1, but the v2 is just an upgrade). It isnt that expensive, the soundquality is amazing and the build quality is also top notch. Cant get better bang for your buck then that thing. I got it mostly for fps games aswell, as you just need good sound of you want to play css or cod on a competitive level. Now I am saying this from a pc gamers perspective, but it works just the same on consoles really, with the only difference being you jam it into the tv (or console) instead of the pc...

As for the remapped buttons, I really can't tell as I've never tried (and i rarely play online with my xbox anyways)

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
just gonna say that after a while I developed sound-based spatial awareness with speakers anyway while playing CS:S. Although, this goes away if you move the speakers, as what happened when I swapped the speakers around when I realised they were back to front.

If your playing mw2 you really don't need a head set if you want to hear peoples footsteps. Otherwise I heard turtle beach was a pretty good brand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)